Great job Arena Net!

Great job Arena Net!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Grimm.2685

Grimm.2685

I just wanted to take some time to say thank you for the all of the time and content that I have been able to enjoy in both Guild Wars 1 & Guild Wars 2.

I look forward to participating in the upcoming beta events for Heart of Thorns, as well as playing with those who work to gain enough personal XP to over come these illusions of perceived entitlement and pricing injustices, so that they can truly enjoy the game.

Great job Arena Net!

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Entitlement, the go to word of the ill informed.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Great job Arena Net!

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Maybe a pet rock!

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Great job Arena Net!

Posted by: Biobasher.2619

Biobasher.2619

Entitled’s description “believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.” Which is basically what many of the whining veterans think they are, at least the majority that are complaining.
Most people who’ve played the game since release have seen 3 years of free content, some of which new players won’t see. And before you say about gem store, those are optional, you can grind or pay for that, if you couldn’t be bothered to grind for it, tough s***.

The only ones who actually deserve to be somewhat mad are the ones who bought it after last weeks “Points of interest”.

Great job Arena Net!

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Entitlement is very close to something we like to call “customer rights”.

Great job Arena Net!

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

Most people who’ve played the game since release have seen 3 years of free content, some of which new players won’t see.

It’s not like they paid $60 for the original game or anything, right?

Great job Arena Net!

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

I just wanted to take some time to say thank you for the all of the time and content that I have been able to enjoy in both Guild Wars 1 & Guild Wars 2.

I look forward to participating in the upcoming beta events for Heart of Thorns, as well as playing with those who work to gain enough personal XP to over come these illusions of perceived entitlement and pricing injustices, so that they can truly enjoy the game.

+1

I have been playing Guild Wars for years, I enjoyed Guild Wars 2 and I know you will make HoT awesome.

Keep up the work.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

Great job Arena Net!

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Well you may think I’m “entitled” or whatever. But in my opinion and gaming experience 45 dollars is way too much for a DLC to a game that cost only 15 more then that in it’s entirety.. This is not a game sized expansion. This is some updates that should be free along with a new class and a couple new maps. This is the sort of content that normally costs around 20$ in my experience.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

Great job Arena Net!

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

If you can’t hold a discussion without resorting to an ad hominem you’re doing it wrong.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

Great job Arena Net!

Biobasher.2619

Most people who’ve played the game since release have seen 3 years of free content, some of which new players won’t see.

You paid for what you saw. I’d also like to point out that this could very well have been a monthly sub game. Yes, you spent $60 on the game, but again, 3 years of free content? I’d take it, you see games nowadays coming out year after year forcing $60. But this is a 1 in 3 year time they’ve said “Look, we’ve made an expansion, can you please buy it?”. And it’s greeted by a bunch of people acting like children because “Oh there’s no character slot” or “Oh the core game’s coming along”. What part is it that people miss?
For the character slots, yes, same developers, but that’s like me saying about Bethesda or some other company, they don’t do everything the same every game.
The core game, look at the price it’s been for a while, look at it. That’s not exactly worth it to Anet. Among with the fact that new players = more money, and more money = more content. I don’t see how this is a negative for many people…

I’m not sure if it was here or elsewhere I posted this, but the only ones that deserve to be mad are the ones from last week’s points of interest.

Hopefully when they release the physical versions and they’re more appealing (for your sakes at least) the negative sods can get their a** out of a twist.

Great job Arena Net!

Posted by: JUN YANG.4328

JUN YANG.4328

well….another kisser

Great job Arena Net!

Biobasher.2619

well….another kisser

Another complainer

Great job Arena Net!

dank.3680

You paid for what you saw. I’d also like to point out that this could very well have been a monthly sub game. Yes, you spent $60 on the game, but again, 3 years of free content? I’d take it, you see games nowadays coming out year after year forcing $60. But this is a 1 in 3 year time they’ve said “Look, we’ve made an expansion, can you please buy it?”. And it’s greeted by a bunch of people acting like children because “Oh there’s no character slot” or “Oh the core game’s coming along”. What part is it that people miss?
For the character slots, yes, same developers, but that’s like me saying about Bethesda or some other company, they don’t do everything the same every game.
The core game, look at the price it’s been for a while, look at it. That’s not exactly worth it to Anet. Among with the fact that new players = more money, and more money = more content. I don’t see how this is a negative for many people…

I’m not sure if it was here or elsewhere I posted this, but the only ones that deserve to be mad are the ones from last week’s points of interest.

Hopefully when they release the physical versions and they’re more appealing (for your sakes at least) the negative sods can get their a** out of a twist.

I’d like to point out that if this was a sub game most players who came from wow and other sub games probably would have STAYED. And on top of that, players such as me who were ONLY interested in pre-purchasing the game BECAUSE it had no sub would have never been here.

This is NOT and NEVER was a sub game. There are other non-sub games out there, compare it to one of those.

Regardless of all that, I’m just not going to pay 50 for something that should cost 20 when you consider what you are getting for the amount of money. 50$ is kitten near the price of a newly released game (cough this one)…

Great job Arena Net!

RabbitUp.8294

And there are games like League of Legends that never ask you for a single penny. It’s not about the money.

We got 3 years of content and we paid $60 for it. We weren’t asked to buy gems, but if we didn’t, the game would have been long dead. The difference between a subscription based model is that all players pay a fixed price, while in games like GW2, some pay more and some zero.

But whatever happened with GW2 is not relevant. HoT is a new product. And that product offers less to those that have the core game for the same price, by forcing them to pay for something they don’t need and not even delivering it in the end.

And even then, for me, it’s still not about the money. It’s about Anet showing themselves to be untrustworthy. And this is not the kind of company I’m willing to support. I can get my thousand of hours of entertainment elsewhere, for less.

Great job Arena Net!

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

While I am very displeased, I am also not so naive to assume that all anet employees must burn. I have stated my opinions in a few threads and its fair to say I’m am disgusted with this entire sham but, I also don’t think everyone at Anet is at fault and I do feel for those employees that are stuck in the middle because of the company they work for. So kitten show aside, I see nothing wrong with a little empathy for those who deserve it.

Great job Arena Net!

Entenkommando.5208

This is NOT and NEVER was a sub game. There are other non-sub games out there, compare it to one of those.

It had an improved combat system.
It had an improved questing system.
It had an improved event system.
It had free content over 3 years.
It had 0 p2w.

Everything cost 50$ only.

I think they won the comparison.

All we wanted was a GvG.

Great job Arena Net!

Biobasher.2619

I’d like to point out that if this was a sub game most players who came from wow and other sub games probably would have STAYED. And on top of that, players such as me who were ONLY interested in pre-purchasing the game BECAUSE it had no sub would have never been here.

Then compare, but you admitted yourself, you wouldn’t be here if there was a sub fee, and that goes for many people. They could have tried draining you out of every coin those 3 years, but they didn’t. Which is what baffles me as to why people are complaining. I didn’t play GW1, I joined GW2 6 months ago and tried catching up, the destruction of LA, Scarlet briar, those weird manequin things, all that I would’ve liked to have seen and taken part in… but I wasn’t, which makes me envy some players who did all this. The fact that nobody takes into consideration the things that’ve been given to them is just… Unsettling. It actually proves the greed that people have, and that nothing will ever satisfy some people.

Great job Arena Net!

dank.3680

It had 0 p2w.

Yeah GW2 is a great game, and gave all the promised value at its price when released (I pre-ordered the 60$ package).

This half kitten “expansion” is not worth the cost of the full game.. Now show me some kind of relevant comparisons that show why HOT is worth 50$?

Great job Arena Net!

dank.3680

Then compare, but you admitted yourself, you wouldn’t be here if there was a sub fee, and that goes for many people. They could have tried draining you out of every coin those 3 years, but they didn’t. Which is what baffles me as to why people are complaining. I didn’t play GW1, I joined GW2 6 months ago and tried catching up, the destruction of LA, Scarlet briar, those weird manequin things, all that I would’ve liked to have seen and taken part in… but I wasn’t, which makes me envy some players who did all this. The fact that nobody takes into consideration the things that’ve been given to them is just… Unsettling. It actually proves the greed that people have, and that nothing will ever satisfy some people.

I am complaining because the product is not worth the price. I don’t give 2 kittens what they give to new players. I want the expansion to be worth the cost, period. 50 for what I’ve been shown so far is a giant joke.

Nothing was given to me. I was presented a product that made certain claims and cost 60 dollars ( the version I got). I payed for every cent of whatever was “given” to me. (still happy with this purchase! regardless of my issues with the game “wvW”)

Still has nothing to do with why HOT should cost 50 dollars.

Great job Arena Net!

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Most people who’ve played the game since release have seen 3 years of free content, some of which new players won’t see. And before you say about gem store, those are optional, you can grind or pay for that, if you couldn’t be bothered to grind for it, tough s***.

I’ll say something else about the Gem Store. Didn’t the Gem Store basically pay for their expenses when making that “free” content?

Great job Arena Net!

Biobasher.2619

It had 0 p2w.

Yeah GW2 is a great game, and gave all the promised value at its price when released (I pre-ordered the 60$ package).

This half kitten “expansion” is not worth the cost of the full game.. Now show me some kind of relevant comparisons that show why HOT is worth 50$?

First off, why would they show you everything to offer? nobody does that. It’s like giving someone a movie to watch and then trying to get them to read the book, only a few will sit down and read it.
Second. Comparing to most games this is a pretty average price, compare it to bigger MMO’s like WoW…

(edited by Biobasher.2619)

Great job Arena Net!

Biobasher.2619

I’ll say something else about the Gem Store. Didn’t the Gem Store basically pay for their expenses when making that “free” content?

Like I said, if you couldn’t be bothered to earn it in game, it’s called tough s***. That was a choice you made :P

Great job Arena Net!

Entenkommando.5208

It had 0 p2w.

Because the base game was worth way more than 60$, because you had free content for 3 years, because you will supposably get another few years of free content.

Let’s just assume that besides the Living story all big updates would have been saved for an expansion.
The new pvp browser, new pvp maps, the new WvW ranks, the WvW ruins, fractals, ascended gear, Guild missions, the improved world bosses, everything. All the things you did get for free.
Would this amount of content be enaugh for an expansion? 100% yes.
And you can assume this way of updating with HoT as well.

All we wanted was a GvG.

Great job Arena Net!

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Like I said, if you couldn’t be bothered to earn it in game, it’s called tough s***. That was a choice you made :P

No, you’re missing the point of what I’m saying. I’m saying it wasn’t free. You are calling players greedy and ungrateful for enjoying a game for 3 years, along with free content, and still complaining. But it wasn’t free. We paid for it through the Gem Store.

Great job Arena Net!

Biobasher.2619

No, you’re missing the point of what I’m saying. I’m saying it wasn’t free. You are calling players greedy and ungrateful for enjoying a game for 3 years, along with free content, and still complaining. But it wasn’t free. We paid for it through the Gem Store.

And you’re missing my point, everything in the gem store could be earned with gold. If you chose to purchase it with money then that was a decision you made.

Great job Arena Net!

dank.3680

It had 0 p2w.

Because the base game was worth way more than 60$, because you had free content for 3 years, because you will supposably get another few years of free content.

Let’s just assume that besides the Living story all big updates would have been saved for an expansion.
The new pvp browser, new pvp maps, the new WvW ranks, the WvW ruins, fractals, ascended gear, Guild missions, the improved world bosses, everything. All the things you did get for free.
Would this amount of content be enaugh for an expansion? 100% yes.
And you can assume this way of updating with HoT as well.

Nobody had free content for 3 years. SOMEONE payed for it. The cash shop is there for a reason. This would NOT be a sub-free game, without the cash shop, without PEOPLE (me included!), PAYING money to this cash shop.

People, why so ignorant.

Great job Arena Net!

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Actually, those were paid for by the gem sales.

Great job Arena Net!

Posted by: Leon Heart XIII.4609

Leon Heart XIII.4609

If you played GW 1 then you also should also think this is full of bull, Factions and Nightfall was $50 but contain alot more content as stand alone games, but then there’s Eyes of the North the actual expansion to guild wars 1 is $40 which contained the following-

41 new armor sets
100 new profession-specific skills
50 new PvE only skills including 3 elite skills
10 new heroes
18 Dungeons
124 new quests
4 New regions

Useless we get more info about the content that’s going to be in HoT, compared to EotN it’s definitelty not worth $50.

Great job Arena Net!

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

Hey OP, or should I say “pet”, what is this vet entitlement are you talking about? I played this game since started, but never expected something that only vet people get but newbies don’t in the HOT. Paying the same amount of money but not even getting a new character slot is nothing about “entitlement”, it’s a clear cut stinginess from Anet’s side. Your tail wagging won’t pop out a precursor, just so you know.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

Great job Arena Net!

Posted by: TheToxicFox.8710

TheToxicFox.8710

Sorry, this content is no Witcher 3! You’re not getting my $50 like some of these suckers xD

Great job Arena Net!

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

And you’re missing my point, everything in the gem store could be earned with gold. If you chose to purchase it with money then that was a decision you made.

That still doesn’t change the fact that players have been buying lots of things from the Gem Store, and paying for the supposedly free content by doing so. So saying that the content was free… it wasn’t really. We all paid for it.

Great job Arena Net!

Biobasher.2619

That still doesn’t change the fact that players have been buying lots of things from the Gem Store, and paying for the supposedly free content by doing so. So saying that the content was free… it wasn’t really. We all paid for it.

Again, an option you made and could’ve done differently.

Great job Arena Net!

RabbitUp.8294

What do you think would happen if nobody purchased gems?

Great job Arena Net!

dank.3680

Yeah, imagine if we all did differently. If nobody payed that cash shop. Yeah none of those free updates you talked about, forget about this XPACK, and say goodbye to a whole lot of players.

Great job Arena Net!

Biobasher.2619

Yeah, imagine if we all did differently. If nobody payed that cash shop. Yeah none of those free updates you talked about, forget about this XPACK, and say goodbye to a whole lot of players.

Hm, that is true, in which case I guess most of our arguments are flawed, people complaining about no character slot reasons and the free content reasons… It’s actually an interesting thing about this.

Great job Arena Net!

TheToxicFox.8710

But you do realize to support the devs some of those players needed to purchase gems with real money.

I guess what I’m getting at is that you haven’t purchased gems before while others that have are making a mistake. So in reality you’re the one that has chosen to NOT support the devs by NOT purchasing gems. You’re right, he/she doesn’t have to purchase them but he/she does because he/she enjoys the content and therefore supports the game.

Great job Arena Net!

Entenkommando.5208

If you played GW 1 then you also should also think this is full of bull, Factions and Nightfall was $50 but contain alot more content as stand alone games, but then there’s Eyes of the North the actual expansion to guild wars 1 is $40 which contained the following-

41 new armor sets
100 new profession-specific skills
50 new PvE only skills including 3 elite skills
10 new heroes
18 Dungeons
124 new quests
4 New regions

Useless we get more info about the content that’s going to be in HoT, compared to EotN it’s definitelty not worth $50.

But you have to think about 2 things.
a)In Guildwars 2 Quality>Quantity
b)Guild Wars 1 expansions were made within 6 months. HoT took almost 3 years.

All we wanted was a GvG.

Great job Arena Net!

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

It doesn’t really matter if I paid for it. Even if I didn’t, plenty of other players did.

Great job Arena Net!

Biobasher.2619

But you do realize to support the devs some of those players needed to purchase gems with real money.

I guess what I’m getting at is that you haven’t purchased gems before while others that have are making a mistake. So in reality you’re the one that has chosen to NOT support the devs by NOT purchasing gems. You’re right, he/she doesn’t have to purchase them but he/she does because he/she enjoys the content and therefore supports the game.

a response just now “Hm, that is true, in which case I guess most of our arguments are flawed, people complaining about no character slot reasons and the free content reasons… It’s actually an interesting thing about this.”

Great job Arena Net!

TheToxicFox.8710

a response just now “Hm, that is true, in which case I guess most of our arguments are flawed, people complaining about no character slot reasons and the free content reasons… It’s actually an interesting thing about this.”

There are a lot of complaints about HoT. The biggest issue is not the content but the price tag ($50), the content, and the free game for new players ($40 New) but for veterens: the price tag ($50), the content. (Big period there. )

New Players
- Heart of Thorns ($50)
- Base Game ($40)
- Content (Whether big or small, we don’t know yet.)

TOTAL = $50

Veterens
- Heart of Thorns ($50)
- Base Game ($40)
- Content

TOTAL = $50
When it should be = $50 – $40 = $10

(edited by TheToxicFox.8710)

Great job Arena Net!

Posted by: sdcmgs.7348

sdcmgs.7348

I enjoyed GW1 and I also greatly enjoy GW2. I look forward to what HoT is bringing. Great post, OP! Great job, Anet! Thank you

Level 80, Sylvari Necromancer
Not So Epic [HAL]

Great job Arena Net!

Biobasher.2619

There are a lot of complaints about HoT. The biggest issue is not the content but the price tag ($50), the content, and the free game for new players ($40 New) but for veterens: the price tag ($50), the content. (Big period there. )

New Players
- Heart of Thorns ($50)
- Base Game ($40)

TOTAL = $50

Veterens
- Heart of Thorns ($50)
- Base Game ($40)
- Content

TOTAL = $50

when you mention the base game there’s no ground for you to stand on there as you’ve got what you paid for, again, 3 years of content. So that second bit has about as much of a chance of standing as dusk dropping.

Watch potatoes vid, he covers many things, and brings up that the expansion should just be $40, no changes to what comes with it, just a price change.

Great job Arena Net!

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

en·ti·tle·ment
in?t?dlm?nt,en?t?dlm?nt/
noun
the fact of having a right to something.
“full entitlement to fees and maintenance should be offered”
synonyms: right, prerogative, claim; More
the amount to which a person has a right.
“annual leave entitlement”
synonyms: right, prerogative, claim; More
the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.
“no wonder your kids have a sense of entitlement”

As this game is a product and I’m a customer I am entitled to my opinion and as my control over my wallet is absolute my opinion is the only one that matters where spending is concerned.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Great job Arena Net!

TheToxicFox.8710

New Players
- Heart of Thorns ($50)
- Base Game ($40)

TOTAL = $50

Veterens
- Heart of Thorns ($50)
- Base Game ($40)
- Content

TOTAL = $50

when you mention the base game there’s no ground for you to stand on there as you’ve got what you paid for, again, 3 years of content. So that second bit has about as much of a chance of standing as dusk dropping.

Watch potatoes vid, he covers many things, and brings up that the expansion should just be $40, no changes to what comes with it, just a price change.

But the game is still $40. So I still have ground because the game still has value. I really don’t understand why I’ve wasted my time here with negligent players. I’m never visiting this thread again so any wasted effort to make your argument sound valid and prove your point will be pointless. Don’t bother replying if the truth hurts. You’re out $50, I’ve got The Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 on the way and this game and it’s content is OVERPRICED anyways. Keep supporting Greed™

Great job Arena Net!

Biobasher.2619

New Players
- Heart of Thorns ($50)
- Base Game ($40)

TOTAL = $50

Veterens
- Heart of Thorns ($50)
- Base Game ($40)
- Content

TOTAL = $50

But the game is still $40. So I still have ground because the game still has value. I really don’t understand why I’ve wasted my time here with negligent players. I’m never visiting this thread again so any wasted effort to make your argument sound valid and prove your point will be pointless. Don’t bother replying if the truth hurts. You’re out $50, I’ve got The Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 on the way and this game and it’s content is OVERPRICED anyways. Keep supporting Greed™

OOH, I think I may have hit a nerve or something. Don’t worry. I probably won’t be on the forums for long either, all I see is a bunch of crying babies if you ask me. As for the “Don’t bother replying if the truth hurts” Here’s a truth, more players make for a better game (more in the sense that more players → more money → more devs to make more content) I just hope they don’t end up being people like yourself

Great job Arena Net!

Biobasher.2619

Hm, it’s gone quiet, maybe I hit more then 1 raw nerve?

Great job Arena Net!

Posted by: Grimm.2685

Grimm.2685

Thank you Biobasher for the support. Arena Net has put out a quality product at a very reasonable price and they do not deserve the hatred that they have been getting since the pre-purchase.

Great job Arena Net!

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

Thank you Biobasher for the support. Arena Net has put out a quality product at a very reasonable price and they do not deserve the hatred that they have been getting since the pre-purchase.

It’s not hatred. If I remember correctly, the best customers are ones that complains or one who tells the business what is wrong with their product. Customers that provide phony support even knowingly how bad it is, does not make the business do better. Longer term, that business goes out of business. So all those who’s making valid complaints are indeed NCSoft and ANet’s best customers!

-S o S-

Great job Arena Net!

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

Entitlement is very close to something we like to call “customer rights”.

You are entitled to get what you paid for. If you haven’t paid for it you aren’t entitled to it. If someone charges too much for something you are entitled to be disappointed, or to take you business elsewhere, but you are not entitled to make them lower it.

I am disappointed with the price. I have not decided if I will go elsewhere, although I will probably stop buying gems for a while if I do get the expansion. I also think that a lot of what has been written reeks of entitlement.

Great job Arena Net!

Entenkommando.5208

It’s not hatred. If I remember correctly, the best customers are ones that complains or one who tells the business what is wrong with their product. Customers that provide phony support even knowingly how bad it is, does not make the business do better. Longer term, that business goes out of business. So all those who’s making valid complaints are indeed NCSoft and ANet’s best customers!

But there are only like 1% valid complaints in this kitten storm. That’s the problem.

All we wanted was a GvG.