Guide to guild hall claiming & upgrade

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

Hey everyone, with the release of Guild Halls, I thought it might be helpful have a guide on how to claim your guild hall and the type of material costs you can expect for the first couple key upgrades.

Guide: http://dulfy.net/2015/10/23/gw2-guild-hall-claiming-and-upgrade-guide/

Lost Precipice is in NW corner of Verdant Brink and can be reached with some gliding. Gilded Hollow, however, is in the middle of Auric Basin map and will require someone with Exalted Markings mastery in your guild. Teleport to friend is a great item to have here since you can have one person run to the entrance while rest of the guild can just teleport.

The event to claim your guild hall scale up with number of players in your instance so bigger guilds have a challenge while smaller guilds does not need to fear about getting overwhelmed. Minimum number of players you will want is probably a group of 5.
Enjoy!

Posted by: AceX.7345

AceX.7345

This is an absolute load of crap and is not true. We have done this with a group of 10 people and it is next to impossible. The event does not scale down at all. And with the number of players you cannot accomplish the goal. This is not meant for small guilds and this needs to be addressed. If 10 people cannot do this due to the 3 minute time frame then I can only imagine the trouble others are going through. From what ive seen the minimum amount of people you seem to need is 20-30 for it to be doable in Gilded Hallow.

Update: We got the Gilded Hollow guys. Thanks for the suggestions and tips. Was a long night with a lot of failures so was definitely feeling the frustration. Thanks everyone!

(edited by AceX.7345)

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

This is an absolute load of crap and is not true. We have done this with a group of 10 people and it is next to impossible. The event does not scale down at all. And with the number of players you cannot accomplish the goal. This is not meant for small guilds and this needs to be addressed. If 10 people cannot do this due to the 3 minute time frame then I can only imagine the trouble others are going through. From what ive seen the minimum amount of people you seem to need is 20-30 for it to be doable in Gilded Hallow.

Our guild claimed Lost P. and we were only 8.

We didn’t have any trouble at all.

Not sure about Gilded H. though.

Posted by: hoewhoew.4619

hoewhoew.4619

We claimed Gilded Hallow with 10 players on Friday, it went just fine for us.

Guardians of the Silver Dragons – Piken Square

Posted by: redfox.6910

redfox.6910

We claimed GH with 6 players, it was hard but went ok .

Posted by: phibrizo.3675

phibrizo.3675

Ace.x, you can claim guilded hallow with 7 people, it requires a very coordinated team and swiftness.

Posted by: Ceithlenn.8430

Ceithlenn.8430

If you fail do you have to repay 100g and 150 favor?

Ceithlenn – Necromancer
Hell’s Disciples [HD] – Commander
Henge Of Denravi since beta

Posted by: Lisette.5192

Lisette.5192

We were able to get Gilded Hallow with 8. It took some planning and strategy ahead of time, but it was pretty easy.

Lisette Windthorne, Elementalist
Isle of Janthir
Giff Me Mana – [GIFF]/Chaotic Vanguard – [CV]

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

This is an absolute load of crap and is not true. We have done this with a group of 10 people and it is next to impossible.

Kick the person with the lowest gliding mastery level (updraft gliding makes traversing the map for next maw spawn location so much easier) and retry. At 9 people it’s one maw per wave, which is definitely doable.

10 (being the breakpoint where you get an additional maw in each wave) is likely the worst number you can try it with.
Done it yesterday relatively easily with 8 people, three of whose didn’t even have basic gliding yet (and one had only basic, with no updrafts).
That’s after we failed hard with 10, by the way.

Edit: we’ve been doing the Lost Precipice map, there may be other mastery levels recommended for Gilded Hollow, but the event itself (and the spawn rate/numbers) should be the same.

If you fail do you have to repay 100g and 150 favor?

No, you can retry as many times as you want till you succeed at no additional cost.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Lost in Hyrule.2963

Lost in Hyrule.2963

Is it certain that 10 is the break point for having 2 Maws spawn instead of 1?

@hoewhoew, is that was you experienced?

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

Wow – I have never known Dulfy to lie or be accused of lying.

I would like to apologize on AceX’s behalf, Dulfy. I certainly appreciate all that you provide this community!

Posted by: ShadowbaneX.6273

ShadowbaneX.6273

We claimed our Guild Hall last night with a group of 18. One member had been trying with another guild that was much larger and wiped several times, but we did know what we were supposed to be doing. We set up 2 squads and went in for a “trial run” just to get an idea as to what was supposed to happen…and succeeded rather handily.

So yes, it does seem easier with fewer members present.

Heroes of the Horn [HotH] – Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Our group had about 15-ish members, and had a lot of fun claiming Guilded Hollow with no problems (well, there was ONE hiccup).

On a side note, I thought it was pretty epic when we all glided down to one spot to continue our attack. I had Ride of the Valkyries playing in my head.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: kylania.6924

kylania.6924

8 people with average gear are going to have a very difficult time of things.

Posted by: shiri.4257

shiri.4257

We did with 5 for gilded hallow. Finished it by around 5am PST on Friday morning (5hours after release). We reset it after the first try when we hit 3 fails. Second run took <15mins without any fails I think.
For the most part, my scrubs do’t do much PvE. IE: I was running the wvw shout build with warhorn traits but I was using GS/Hammer. Didn’t realize it til someone called me out on it from my twitch >.>
My necro was dropping wells like an omniblob was in front of her. our sustain was a selfish ranger healing himself only. All in all, love my peeps.

~Kasumei/Machiato
Desert Spectre [VII]-Crystal Desert
“You’re never out of the fight.”

Posted by: Red Mistress Denna.9804

Red Mistress Denna.9804

I have completed both GH; hallows with a 16 man group and then later with a 6 man group, the Lost Precipice with a 9 man group.

We also found that dropping from 10 to 9 members reduced maw spawns from 2 to one.

Issues I’ve seen people have:

Staggering. You go in staggered, you die one by one. Make sure your group arrives in about the same time. Also, it helps if everyone can glide and make use of the movement mechanics, otherwise groups get spread out.

Defiance. You absolutely need CC’s to break the defiance bars on the Vine Tenders. Otherwise you’ll spend the 3 minutes killing the ‘tenders and not even hit the maw.
Building off of the last: kill both vinetenders first, or you can’t kill the maw.

If you’ve got any q’s about claiming or upgrading, lemme know. I struggled through the past coupla days and would love to offer any help I can.

Who knew the Jungle was filled with so much Salt
water?! -tonyajc.2618