Guild Arena Nameplates Issues

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Please look into this. When spectating, all the names in the arena are red and there is no ability to click on individual players to see what buffs/stances/etc they’re using. The mess of red names makes watching a bit confusing and shoutcasting makes this limitation more prominent. I think a better approach would be a free camera option that is confined to the boundaries of the arena and allows the viewing of X or Y team (so only one team has red names) but is available only to those in the spectator area.

Then there is the issue of guildmate nameplates when I’m inside Gilded Hollow. The golden background sitting behind gold nameplates and the barrage of spell effects and rapid movement make it difficult for me to track guildmates sometimes. I’ve had Asuras get lost in it. I don’t know if this is an issue for others or how addressing this could be approached. Perhaps its a bit too late to say that the bright gold background for this arena would have functionality issues.

Whispers with meat.

Posted by: MokoToko.6890

MokoToko.6890

Bumping for recognition.

Posted by: McGarles.6847

McGarles.6847

Another huge issue that can be addressed is all players in stealth can be seen by players outside of the arena.

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

Please make the nameplates in the colour of their choosen team. So red vs blue in most cases.

~ Gandara

Posted by: Hax.8701

Hax.8701

Yeah what she said.

[Bae] Baewatch
Hax Shot
DH