Guild Arena Needs more work!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Noodica.5428

Noodica.5428

The guild arena in the gilded hallow is way too shiny and it affects many people’s FPS dramatically. On ‘Best performance’ settings I am only getting 25-30 frames with nobody else around me (way less when my whole guild is in there), and I usually don’t have this problem anywhere else in the game for example in Obsidian Sanctum i would usually get 45-65 frames even when it is full of other players and on higher graphic settings.

I’m guessing this is due to both the shinyness of the arena and also because you have to load in the rest of the guild hall as well. So i believe the arena should become its own instance and you should no longer be able to fall out of the arena, which brings me to my next point.

The arena is simply too little for people to be able to fall off of it. A thief can very easily fall off of it using withdraw and in big group fights such as 10v10 and 15v15 there just isn’t enough space to move around without having a high chance of being knocked off of the edge. So either the arena needs to be bigger or there needs to be a barrier to prevent you from falling off without having to use the Arena Wall decorations, because that just makes the arena smaller than it already is.

Please work on some stuff, i would love to hear about it.

Midnight Mafia [MM]

(edited by Noodica.5428)

Posted by: Zanshin.5230

Zanshin.5230

+1 – It’s next to impossible to have a decent scrim in there without the above mentioned concerns worked out.

Although I do find knocking people to their death hilarious, please save it for Edge of the Mists where it belongs. It’s just annoying when you’re trying to have a fair and properly planned GvG.

Alternatively, you could just fix Stability…

Tyr Lantz
GW2 – Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

There also needs to be some clear way to tell which team (red, blue, etc) you are on as you are actually fighting – and, even more importantly, a way for spectators watching from the stands to see who is on which team.

Noodica.5428

I agree ^ – Spectators can currently see red on red which is a really hard to tell what is going on.

But on top of that, spectators can see both teams in stealth. As you can imagine that is unfair when people can tell their guilds where the enemy team is in stealth.

I love the idea of the arena, i just think there are some things Anet needs to work on to perfect it.

Midnight Mafia [MM]

Posted by: Chaszyrr.6479

Chaszyrr.6479

Good point, I think disabling the shine on a lower shader effects setting would be an easy and logical fix, but the biggest problems right now are the spectators calling stealth and the size of the arena.

Obviously, cheating by calling out stealth positions can be fixed by having spectators be the traditional ‘all allies’ pve group and the two participating groups be the second and third hostile groups, therefore all would be enemies and not visible when stealthed.

Also, having a larger arena is a want for all gvg guilds to help with initial positioning and would make the ledge ring around the stage less of a problem.

For Pete’s sake, think of the children Anet!

Noodica.5428

a big +1 for what Chaszyrr said!

Midnight Mafia [MM]

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

#teamlostprecipice

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

Maybe make the names change color according to team, say Blue and Purple name tags? Also above arena spectating please, like a colosseum. In the Black Citadel, there’s The Bane area. Maybe redesign it, to make it look more like it, or atleast in viewing functionality?

Anvil Rockers Unite!

Posted by: Zee.6431

Zee.6431

Yeah i think everything brought up here, so far, are concerns of everyone in the community. Good points guys.

Posted by: Comprissent.3856

Comprissent.3856

You realize there’s a ring-out barrier to unlock?

Echo fps concerns in gilded hollow

Size is fine maybe 300 more radius at most, ‘initial positioning’ was always stupid and pointless

GM – [Ark]ham

Posted by: funassistant.6589

funassistant.6589

#GHsoShinyIcantSeeyourredrings

Why do we bother coming to this cesspool of a forum. It’s not like anybody ever listens to reasonable queries.

Team Africa [TA]
European Overlord

Posted by: tluv.5821

tluv.5821

As stated in another thread complaining about the same thing, GvGs were never a focused concentration of Anet. And Arenas were never intended to be a “fix” for the OS.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians
Formerly [QT] Questionable Tactics

Posted by: tluv.5821

tluv.5821

And if you really want to get the attention of the Devs, best place to post is Reddit apparently.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians
Formerly [QT] Questionable Tactics

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Why do we bother coming to this cesspool of a forum. It’s not like anybody ever listens to reasonable queries.

You can actually trace back most major changes to forum feedback…

Posted by: Aerial Melodies.4938

Aerial Melodies.4938

People spectating outside the ring who have range (like rev hammer 2) can actually hit people in the arena. Shouldn’t spectators not be able to interfere? Had a guildie trolling around post-scrim one night and he was damaging everyone inside, lol.

Ele for Hire

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

Trace them for me, please. Then maybe we can see how few changes have actually come in response to player feedback. Sure there have been a few, but let’s be real here…

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

Noodica.5428

Apparently a larger arena in a separate instance is coming in the future around the same size as OS. I hope this doesn’t take years..

Midnight Mafia [MM]

Posted by: Skarpo.8635

Skarpo.8635

The biggest problem that our guild has been experiencing is getting rival guilds into the halls. We’re having to invite them to our guild and then they rep their own guild once inside the arena. If you leave party during this time period – you are kicked out of the guild hall.

Another thing that I think is pretty reasonable is allowing spectators to see the names of the players according to their team’s color. This makes it much easier to see what is happening as opposed to seeing red names fighting red names.

Allowing spectators to click on somebody inside the arena is also an issue – they should be able to see what/how many of each class is fighting.

Finally, make Team chat appear as a chat bubble – players often use this as a means to indicate they are down and where exactly they are down. At the moment say chat can be seen by both sides, so putting a downstate message up is putting a target on your head.

There are some kinks that need to get worked out but I think the changes I listed above should be relatively easy to implement. Hopefully a dev reads this doesn’t realize it’s the same poster from the unofficial forums.

Thanks for your time, Ungrateful Winds AKA Grateful Whines AKA Grapeful Vines

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Adding the walls seems to make it smaller, the ring out barrier seems to be the solution to our problems, although you’ll need guild level 18 afaik

So until Anet let’s us expand the Arena, we’re stuck with something that would be great if it was 2x larger, but right now from my experience; the size of the arena is less pirate-shippy at least.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Trace them for me, please. Then maybe we can see how few changes have actually come in response to player feedback. Sure there have been a few, but let’s be real here…

Really?

- Hero point requirement for Elites reduced
– DH trap damage reduced
– Berserker buffed
– Actually…pretty much every change made to all elites since beta

Going to stop here because it’d be easier to try and count changes that weren’t from forum feedback. If you need more examples, just look at the past patch notes. Most of that is all tracked back to what people talk about here.

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

If you actually read Anet’s blog post about the Guild Arena, they said that a bigger arena is already in the works.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-hall-arenas/

Noodica.5428

I still want anet to fix the fps issues, its really bad.

Midnight Mafia [MM]

Posted by: GabrialDestruir.3915

GabrialDestruir.3915

What I want to see in arena’s is the ability to use regular decorations inside the arena, while walls and traps are nice, it’d be awesome to turn the arena into a jp/multi-level fighting area.