Guild Armour only for biggest guilds?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Inda.1850

Inda.1850

I do love the expansion. I really do!

However, we still need to talk about how many of the benefits of the new content mainly is for a few very big guilds, leaving many medium and small guilds behind. Now, we are only a medium sized guild, but our members have really put out in a effort to develope our guild hall.

And it was in no way cheap.

To then be faced with the insainly high costs of the guild armour recipies of 40 crystallines and 10 guild commendations for each peace of the gear risks lowering morale in many medium sized guilds. Or rather, in any guild.

What the guild weapons will cost I dare not even think of.

When the upgrade cost is big when developing the guild hall, the cost for the item then needs to be lower. There needs to be a feeling of working together in the guild is rewarding, and not just a way to separate small and medium guilds from big ones.

The Guild Halls was, and is still, a awsome idea.

So, lets not only upgrade our Guild Halls, but lets also upgrade the very idea of the Guild Hall and the functions of it.

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

I’m part of a Medium sized guild, averaging around twenty people on during our “Prime time” and we’ve been just fine, getting missions done, and resources like crystalline dust, ect. isn’t hard to come by, if you, farm a bit.

So guild progression is fine, these Armor/Weapons aren’t any better than other items, they just look different is all, so it’s more of a “Want” then a “Need”.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

When the upgrade cost is big when developing the guild hall, the cost for the item then needs to be lower. There needs to be a feeling of working together in the guild is rewarding, and not just a way to separate small and medium guilds from big ones.

So that people can join a big guild, craft all the weapons/armor, then leave again?

I will not comment on how arenanet handled guild rewards and the entire guild upgrade system post HoT, that is a different topic.

But the notion that after spending tons of ressources on upgrading your guild, then making the rewards very cheap (and accessable to everyone who gets invited into the guild) is strange to me.

Making the guild armor/weapons cheap will effectively reduce their scarcity which in turn will reduce their value. So you end up with spending a ton of ressources upgrading your guild for basically valueless skins. Doesn’t seem to me like a prudent solution.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Who cares about the “scarcity” of one of the only new armor sets in the kitten expansion! You can’t even sell them, so their value as a skin only matters to the people who want that skin for its own sake.

It’s absolutely insane that after the effort you have to go to in upgrading your guild hall, you still have to pay through the nose to get the armor (and I’m sure it’ll be a similar price per weapon for every weapon in the set too, so that’ll be fun).

Posted by: Inda.1850

Inda.1850

It’s absolutely insane that after the effort you have to go to in upgrading your guild hall, you still have to pay through the nose to get the armor (and I’m sure it’ll be a similar price per weapon for every weapon in the set too, so that’ll be fun).

Agreed. And, after all, the biggest benefit of guild weapons or guild armour should not be the points on them or the cost but that you can proudly show “our guild worked together for this”.

Not yet seen anybody asking for free stuff from traders in guild hall, and I dont think anobody would want that.

As several posters here suggested, it would not make for much fun if all is free once joining a guild with an advanced guild hall. That would be lazy, and lazy is nothing to take pride in as a guild.

Its a super good function that the guild armour costs guild commendations. The amount of it and it also demanding the ore is what gets a bit too much. I think it will rather lead to players spending the guild commendation and ore on other things then gear/weapons showing the pride in your guild.

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Who cares about the “scarcity” of one of the only new armor sets in the kitten expansion! You can’t even sell them, so their value as a skin only matters to the people who want that skin for its own sake.

This is my issue. The absolute cost of upgrading the guild hall should factor into the cost of the armor more. In my opinion the armor should be priced based on contributions to the guild for all the effort and expense/time that goes into getting the guild hall to that level. Make it a perk to leveling your hall and guild to that level.

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

So that people can join a big guild, craft all the weapons/armor, then leave again?

I will not comment on how arenanet handled guild rewards and the entire guild upgrade system post HoT, that is a different topic.

But the notion that after spending tons of ressources on upgrading your guild, then making the rewards very cheap (and accessable to everyone who gets invited into the guild) is strange to me.

Making the guild armor/weapons cheap will effectively reduce their scarcity which in turn will reduce their value. So you end up with spending a ton of ressources upgrading your guild for basically valueless skins. Doesn’t seem to me like a prudent solution.

15 Charrs agree.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink