Guild Bank security when HoT launches?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I’m concerned about how “safe” our Guild banks will be when HoT launches? Is there any risk of losing what is in the guild Bank on release day?

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

They said it all should transfer over just fine, just pray for no bug/server issues to cause us issues.

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

They aren’t changing the data — only the interface. There’s no reason to worry.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

They said it all should transfer over just fine, just pray for no bug/server issues to cause us issues.

That’s what raised a red flag and prompted me to create this thread. The “should” was worrisome and I wonder if it’s just safer to empty the vaults now while we still can. Since there are no recovery options available to us if Anet loses our goods within guild banks.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Lillis.9473

Lillis.9473

They said several times during guild week that the current guild banks would be “grandfathered” in. If I create a new guild after HoT, will I be able to build a guild bank or will that system be abandoned?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

They said several times during guild week that the current guild banks would be “grandfathered” in. If I create a new guild after HoT, will I be able to build a guild bank or will that system be abandoned?

There is apparently a bank that can be “restored” by pumping in a lot of materials, just like any other building in the guild hall. The grandfathering refers to letting guilds have their banks without having to build them up again from scratch, not to only letting them have banks if they had them pre-HoT.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

From the sounds of things, if you have a bank now, you’ll be able to access it even after HoT goes live. If you want to build a new guild for use as a bank, however, you’ll have to build a guild hall and do a lot of upgrades to do it.

In other words, HoT will make it a LOT harder to make a personal bank guild. Much, much harder. But if you have one now, you’re set.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Lillis.9473

Lillis.9473

From the sounds of things, if you have a bank now, you’ll be able to access it even after HoT goes live. If you want to build a new guild for use as a bank, however, you’ll have to build a guild hall and do a lot of upgrades to do it.

In other words, HoT will make it a LOT harder to make a personal bank guild. Much, much harder. But if you have one now, you’re set.

What if you don’t buy HoT? Will your ability to get a guild bank be gone?

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

I this like our computers just before Y2K?

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

What if you don’t buy HoT? Will your ability to get a guild bank be gone?

We’ll know in a couple of weeks.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Dara Potocska

Dara Potocska

QA Embed

Next

Hail! Are you all Faren well today? =D To answer the guild bank questions:

1. Is there any risk of losing what is in the Guild Bank on release day?

There is no risk to the contents of guild banks. And Guild Bankers will continue to be out in the world for your banking needs.

2. If I create a new guild after HoT, will I be able to build a guild bank or will that system be abandoned?

Any guild that does not have a guild bank before HoT will have the ability to get the “Guild Stash” without the need for a guild hall. The npc proprietor: Grimur Oddursson within the Guild Initiative Office in Lion’s Arch will enable a guild to obtain the upgrade in exchange for gold and favor (obtained from Missions).

3. What if you don’t buy HoT? Will your ability to get a guild bank be gone?

Players without HoT will still have access to the Guild Initiative Office where they can purchase the Guild Stash.

Have a great weekend, friends. And thank you for the questions!

Posted by: StarMars.9168

StarMars.9168

is the extra, temporary guild bank space created after the diff chapters(servers) of your guild were merged still there? i still have many items sitting there.

how big is this new “Guild Stash” for players without a guild hall?

Previous

Dara Potocska

QA Embed

Next

4. Is the extra, temporary guild bank space created after the diff chapters(servers) of your guild were merged still there?

If a guild still has their additional slots from when the Guild mergers occurred, those slots will continue to exist until the item in the slot is moved/removed. Once the item is removed, the slot will no longer be accessible.

5. How big is this new “Guild Stash” for players without a guild hall

The guild stash will continue to provide 50 slots to the guild that purchases it.

Posted by: Bbear.7830

Bbear.7830

So if I’m reading this thread right, a new ‘personal’ guild would have a bank storage limit of 50 slots instead of the 250 current maximum, beyond which only players non-guild bank would be available for new player storage – up to the limit set by bank tab expansion purchases from gemstore.

Kind of makes the creation of storage guilds with different levels of bank upgrades attractive for ‘sale’ to new players post-patch…does Anet have a position on that practice? Just enough time left for folks to create/upgrade say 20 or so T2 banks (150 slots) and maybe 5 T3 banks (250 slots) for selling at a later date, if it’s not going to violate any TOS.

Probably be worth the investment, if selling later in the 1.5k – 2k gold @ range – or higher based on demand in say 6 months to a year.

Be nice to get Anet’s views/comment on this.

Calling ‘dibs’ on the guild names ‘Cash Cow I’…‘Cash Cow II’…etc [CCI]through CCXV]

Fire, Ice, Storm…Heart of, Cold as, the Breeze that comes before.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

4. Is the extra, temporary guild bank space created after the diff chapters(servers) of your guild were merged still there?

If a guild still has their additional slots from when the Guild mergers occurred, those slots will continue to exist until the item in the slot is moved/removed. Once the item is removed, the slot will no longer be accessible.

The guild stash will continue to provide 50 slots to the guild that purchases it.

What about the higher tier upgrades (Treasure Trove, Deep Cave) that were unlocked before HoT? From what you are saying, it seems that those won’t be accessible through the Guild Initiative HQ.

Would we have to unlock a guild hall to get back the access to those? Would we need to purchase the new upgrades to get that access as well? Would the members that didn’t purchase HoT lose the access to those?

Or did i misunderstand, and you’ve just meant that while older unlocks for those that have them already will get grandfathered and still be accessible, but it just won’t be possible to build them later without a guild hall?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

So if I’m reading this thread right, a new ‘personal’ guild would have a bank storage limit of 50 slots instead of the 250 current maximum,

There’s no reason to think that, no, but it will be more work than it currently is. Nothing to stop you from getting help to clear out a guild hall. The amount of favor required might be prohibitive, though.

From what you are saying, it seems that those won’t be accessible through the Guild Initiative HQ.

I don’t think that’s the case, because it would lock guilds without a guild hall from their own bank. What it does mean is that if you do not already have the second or third storage tiers, you will not be able to make them without having a guild hall first.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

The real question is who’s guarding our valuables when they’re all transferred to the new banks?

Because if it’s the Lionguard I’m really worried

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

What about the higher tier upgrades (Treasure Trove, Deep Cave) that were unlocked before HoT? From what you are saying, it seems that those won’t be accessible through the Guild Initiative HQ.

Would we have to unlock a guild hall to get back the access to those? Would we need to purchase the new upgrades to get that access as well? Would the members that didn’t purchase HoT lose the access to those?

Or did i misunderstand, and you’ve just meant that while older unlocks for those that have them already will get grandfathered and still be accessible, but it just won’t be possible to build them later without a guild hall?

Pre-existing guild banks should still be there, from what he said on this post:

Hail! Are you all Faren well today? =D To answer the guild bank questions:

1. Is there any risk of losing what is in the Guild Bank on release day?

There is no risk to the contents of guild banks. And Guild Bankers will continue to be out in the world for your banking needs. (Snip)

If there is no risk to losing the contents of your guild bank, then it must be because we still have access to all of the vaults.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Astralporing.1957

If there is no risk to losing the contents of your guild bank, then it must be because we still have access to all of the vaults.

Depends. It may just mean “no, no content of guild vaults will be lost, and perhaps someday, after you get your guild hall, you will get to access those items again”.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

He did say that items in slots you should no longer have will be there, but the slot will vanish when you remove the item. That sounds like the same system they used for moving minis from bank to wardrobe.

Astralporing.1957

He did say that items in slots you should no longer have will be there, but the slot will vanish when you remove the item.

That was about something else – namely the overflow of items that ended up in a guild vault after the megaserver merge (She is confirming that those will not vanish, but will work as they did until now).

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Depends. It may just mean “no, no content of guild vaults will be lost, and perhaps someday, after you get your guild hall, you will get to access those items again”.

If it’s only after you get guild halls, then there is risk because not all people will get guild halls, especially on personal bank guilds. Some risk is not no risk. So if it’s no risk then the vaults are available.

Edit: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/rethinking-guilds/
In the case of other upgrades that are moving to the new system relatively unchanged, such as the guild banners and the guild vault, we’ll be grandfathering access to those upgrades for any guild that unlocked them in the current system.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

But if you currently own the maximum sized guild bank, you would be able to keep all that space, right? I put a lot of effort into building that bank and would hate for you guys to steal it from me.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Me and my girlfriend just finished building 250 slots in our guild! I seriously hope you are not going to remove 200 slots from our bank?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Previous

Dara Potocska

QA Embed

6. What about the higher tier upgrades (Treasure Trove, Deep Cave) that were unlocked before HoT? & But if you currently own the maximum sized guild bank, you would be able to keep all that space, right?

If your guild had Guild Stash, Treasure Trove and/or Deep Cave before HoT, your guild will still have access to them after HoT. They will still be accessible from the Guild Bankers.

7. Would the members that didn’t purchase HoT lose the access to those?

If a member of the guild does not have HoT, they can still access the guild bank.

Your guild bank access and contents are secure. You can bank on it. =p

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Great responses and Faren humor, ty

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

I knew I could COUNT on you saying that.
And I can see the Cents in it (that one might be harder to get its a unit of money pronounced like sence).

Astralporing.1957

Good to hear that. Thanks for heads up.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Really appreciate all the info, this answered a lot of the questions I had about banking in HoT.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Bbear.7830

Bbear.7830

So for new players without a current existing ‘personal’ bank for storage and who don’t want to ‘share’ items in a guild bank, the limit via the Guild Initiative route will be a max 50 slots as I thought – making an extra 50 personal slots pretty attractive.

Answers my question nicely, selling spare premade ‘personal’ guilds will be a thing and a high ticket item for investors. 50 gold per slot seems a good starting price once the market establishes itself and new players have time to build up their gold levels.

As a sidebar, also wondering if it would be worth ‘renting’ access to a few 50 slot guild stashes – easy enough to set permissions to a single person/sole member other than the leader, IF they trust the owner. 10 gold per slot, 6mnth ‘contract’, auction off items for those in default and re-let the space – works for Storage Hunters and keeps the gold flowing.

These are of course all just random musings…I’m really not that mercenary, but I’d bet there are a few out there who are. This may turn out to be an ‘outstanding’ idea, even by Anet’s past record for maybe not quite thinking things through.

Fire, Ice, Storm…Heart of, Cold as, the Breeze that comes before.

Posted by: BaronSolace.6831

BaronSolace.6831

I have a very important question. if i have Deep Cave in que to build, but its build time is way past HOT release date, will it auto complete and give me the space? or did i just waste all my gold

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I have a very important question. if i have Deep Cave in que to build, but its build time is way past HOT release date, will it auto complete and give me the space? or did i just waste all my gold

In another thread an official chappie stated that anything that has started building will auto-complete and for free. So as long as it has started, rather than just being queued then you should be OK.

I’m 2 days away from upgrade level IV and then I will be staring the 2nd guild stash/thing trusting that it will auto-complete as stated.

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

So, a non HoT member can still withdraw material from the bank that a HoT member put in. Will it break the game somehow? Like people being able to access things they didn’t purchase. I’m just wondering.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

So, a non HoT member can still withdraw material from the bank that a HoT member put in. Will it break the game somehow? Like people being able to access things they didn’t purchase. I’m just wondering.

If it can be put in a guild bank, it can be sold on the AH as well, so no, it doesn’t break anything. You can only guild bank tradable goods in the first place. Anything HoT hands out that they don’t want traded to non-HoT accounts will be account or soulbound anyway.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ