Guild Boost Potions

Guild Boost Potions

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Dark Knight I I I.2940

Dark Knight I I I.2940

So my guild, in the guild hall, just got both karma and exp boost unlocked. They are potions that last 24 hours but they don’t stack on one another. is this intended? If so, kinda sucks really, why bother get the boost if you can only have one on at a time.

Guild buffs before you would activate them and they would stack for everyone who is online and repping.

Leader of Dont Ask for Help [Noob]
Fort Aspenwood

Guild Boost Potions

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Yeah, you do not seem to be able to stack the guild buffs anymore. Also it’s kinda annoying uneccessary material sink that you still have to build them all, since every buff increases all other buffs by 1%. So have to build all those useless ones too to get the good ones higher.

Guild Boost Potions

Dark Knight I I I.2940

Pretty lame, I hope they Devs would change this so its actually worth doing the buffs through the guild hall.

Fort Aspenwood

Guild Boost Potions

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Here is their stated philosophy. In case you didn’t know, you didn’t really like the old system, so they’ve fixed it for you.

Rethinking Guilds

The broad category of guild boosts—upgrades that give a benefit to guild members for a limited period of time—felt invisible and unengaging to the average guild member. We’re replacing these with permanent unlocks. Some, like the waypoint cost reduction, will apply permanently for all guild members without any need for interaction. Others, like the World vs. World fort enhancements, will apply permanently in the appropriate situation—the fort enhancements will always apply to the region of any WvW objective your guild claims as long as you hold the objective. Those attached to specific modes of play, such as the WXP or magic find boosters, are being replaced by a new guild-effects slot that functions like food and utility effects. Once your guild unlocks them, these effects will be available from a vendor in your tavern. Each guild member can only have one effect active at a time, but they’re free to swap and effectively never expire.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Guild Boost Potions

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Here is their stated philosophy. In case you didn’t know, you didn’t really like the old system, so they’ve fixed it for you.

Rethinking Guilds

The broad category of guild boosts—upgrades that give a benefit to guild members for a limited period of time—felt invisible and unengaging to the average guild member. We’re replacing these with permanent unlocks. Some, like the waypoint cost reduction, will apply permanently for all guild members without any need for interaction. Others, like the World vs. World fort enhancements, will apply permanently in the appropriate situation—the fort enhancements will always apply to the region of any WvW objective your guild claims as long as you hold the objective. Those attached to specific modes of play, such as the WXP or magic find boosters, are being replaced by a new guild-effects slot that functions like food and utility effects. Once your guild unlocks them, these effects will be available from a vendor in your tavern. Each guild member can only have one effect active at a time, but they’re free to swap and effectively never expire.

Oh true how nice of them to fix it! Especially the fix that even when we never do WvW, we still get to build that bonus just to get regular XP bonus higher!

Guild Boost Potions

Dark Knight I I I.2940

I still think the exp and karma boost, for example, should either stack or be combined into one buff, at most when you unlock everything, is a 10% increase. Still can have the duration if they want, or just make it permanent.

I just want to be able to utilize all the buffs instead of picking and choosing what may benefit me more depending on what I’m doing. Sorta a waste of my time to have to keep running to npc to change it also…

Fort Aspenwood

Guild Boost Potions

Posted by: Kuzzi.2198

Kuzzi.2198

I definitely agree 100% that buffs should be changed to allow using more than one simultaneously.

There is already a discussion about this and other guild related issues here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Guild-Features-what-s-great-what-s-missing/first#post5719150

Guild Boost Potions

Dark Knight I I I.2940

K thanks for the link

Fort Aspenwood

Guild Boost Potions

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Guild buffs before lasted half an hour though, not 24. And you can change these as often as you like. Want to level XP, take the XP buff. Start crafting? Take the crafting buff. If you want to get world XP for WvW take the world XP buff…for 24 hours, not half an hour.