Guild Build Queue after HoT Launch

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Sly.4823

Sly.4823

Hey Guys,

i got a short question regarding the expansion that i think has not been answered by all the videos, streams and live shows by now.
I am interested in what happens with guild upgrades that have almost finished in the build queue by the time the expansion update hits the game.
Will those upgrades be seamlessly finished afterwards in the expansion or do the orders get cancelled and the guild gets a refund over the invested influence points?

i.e.: We invest in the deep cave upgrade for our guild and – because we didn’t pay attention beforehand – become aware that the upgrade won’t finish before the expansion launches because ~10h progress are still missing.

Arenanet told in the Guild Chat streams that upgrades like the deep cave will further be accessible in HoT. So I hope the invested progress in upgrades like that will be taken into the expansion as well.

Perhaps someone out there knows an answer to that.

with regards,
Sly

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Currently unknown. You’d be safer using influence to hasten those to completion before HoT.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I’d really like to know this too. By the 23rd I reckon I could have started the second guild vault but it will not have finished. I won’t have enough gold or influence to rush it though. So will it all be lost or will it complete and come on-stream in the days following the launch?

The other question is will a two person guild be have any way to upgrade the guild storage after 23rd?

I guess we need a proper official grown-up to answer these definitively.

Posted by: Arahzor.1832

Arahzor.1832

I would like to know this too.

If there is two-three days left on Deep Cave when expansion hits it would be good to know what will happen to it.

I could not find an answer to this during guild week livestreams.

Arahor Aure [DVDF]

Posted by: Alina Chadwick

Alina Chadwick

Gameplay Programmer

Next

Items currently in your queue when HoT launches will be auto-completed.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Thanks for the answer, that is good to know.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Time to queue ALL THE THINGS.

Posted by: Sly.4823

Sly.4823

Thank you for the answer, Seth
Keep going, you guys are doing great!

Posted by: Brave Mallyki.1563

Brave Mallyki.1563

Will it cost any influence for the queue to be auto-complete?

Vox Invictus [VOX] – Crystal Desert
PvP Rank – 151 – Dragon
WvW Rank – 1,120 – Silver Colonel

Previous

Alina Chadwick

Gameplay Programmer

Next

Nope, the auto-completion will be free.

Posted by: Chiccotot.7296

Chiccotot.7296

Nope, the auto-completion will be free.

will the queue be those that are currently “building” ? or will it include EVERYTHING in the build queue?
sorry, i cant read between the lines lol

Posted by: MusicJunkie.7490

MusicJunkie.7490

will it only be for “items” like banners? or also for MF buffs and stuff? :o

Previous

Alina Chadwick

Gameplay Programmer

Anything that appears in the upgrade queue on the guild panel. So banners, MF buffs, unlocks, research levels, etc.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Is there a point to doing research upgrades now? Will it affect what we get with new guilds after HoT?

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I’ve taken that reply as gospel and just spent pretty much all of my gold on influence to spend on the second level of guild storage. So I’m hoping the reply is accurate hehe.

Posted by: Pol Starmaker.9168

Pol Starmaker.9168

Anything that appears in the upgrade queue on the guild panel. So banners, MF buffs, unlocks, research levels, etc.

I wanted to get the Deep Cave upgrade for my personal guild, and I realised I needed the Research Level 5 upgrade for Architecture to be unlocked before I had the Deep Cave available for queuing. So I spent gold to get Letters of Commendation for enough influence for both the Research Level 5 and the Deep Cave.

However, now it seems like I won’t be able to queue the Deep Cave in time for the HoT launch. Does this mean I have actually made a bad decision and will have to forfeit the remaining influence I had bought? That sure seems terrible.

Anyway for ANET to make an exception and speed up just the Research Levels so that guilds can get the upgrades they want? Or it’s really just a sucks-to-be-me situation?

I like me my Eles. =)

Posted by: Phidaissi.5160

Phidaissi.5160

Just made the same mistake as you Pol, I’m hoping there’s a way to get my upgrade since I spent the gold.

Phireya – Stealthy SoViet Goddess
Swords of Villanousity [SoV] :: Sea of Sorrows
www.villanousity.com

Posted by: Seth Moonshadow.2710

Seth Moonshadow.2710

wOOt! you mad my day, thanks!! AWESOME! Thank you

| Dungeon Adventures | Blackgate | PvE | Lost Precipice | Gilded Hallow | Windswept Haven (soon)
http://www.dungeon-adventures.com

Posted by: Shuai.7435

Shuai.7435

Our guild is currently building “Guild Rush Unlock”, is there going to be any benefit to unlocking it after the guild mission revamp?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Our guild is currently building “Guild Rush Unlock”, is there going to be any benefit to unlocking it after the guild mission revamp?

I don’t think so. All future Missions will be automatically unlocked. What the Guild can work towards is ‘unlocking’ more slots so the Guild can complete more Missions/week.

At least, that’s how I understand it.

Posted by: groc.7945

groc.7945

I wanted to get the Deep Cave upgrade for my personal guild, and I realised I needed the Research Level 5 upgrade for Architecture to be unlocked before I had the Deep Cave available for queuing. So I spent gold to get Letters of Commendation for enough influence for both the Research Level 5 and the Deep Cave.

However, now it seems like I won’t be able to queue the Deep Cave in time for the HoT launch. Does this mean I have actually made a bad decision and will have to forfeit the remaining influence I had bought? That sure seems terrible.

Anyway for ANET to make an exception and speed up just the Research Levels so that guilds can get the upgrades they want? Or it’s really just a sucks-to-be-me situation?

Just did the same thing. I did the Guild Workshop first hoping I could do both Arch Lvl 5 and Deep Cave at the same time, but alas I was wrong.

Posted by: Mango.1845

Mango.1845

Just did the same thing. I did the Guild Workshop first hoping I could do both Arch Lvl 5 and Deep Cave at the same time, but alas I was wrong.

The same here. I’m really angry that you can’t see this before you waste your laurels and gold.