Guild Consumables

Guild Consumables

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Eilus.7513

Eilus.7513

Just wondering which Guild Consumables will transfer to the new system.
I’ve heard that banners are going to and that buffs and guild mission items wont.
But what about things like World Event Spawns. Should my guild use up all these things before HOT hits?

Guild Consumables

Posted by: Alina Chadwick

Alina Chadwick

Gameplay Programmer

Next

World Event Spawns will carry over.

Guild Consumables

Posted by: Dara Potocska

Previous

Dara Potocska

QA Embed

Next

Adding to Seth’s response!

In addition to “Guild World Event”, items that will transfer into the new system include:

1. +5% Karma Banner
  2. Road Marker
  3. Guild Banquet
  4. 10% Karma and 10% Experience Banner
  5. Guild Heroes Banner
  6. Guild Catapult
  7. Guild Siege Suit
  8. 10% Gathering Bonus Banner
  9. 5% Experience Public Banner
  10. 10% Magic Find Banner
  11. 5% Gold from Kills Banner
  12. Vault Transport
  13. 10% Kill Gold and 15% Magic Find Banner
  14. 15% Gathering and 10% Swiftness Banner

And a few things not carrying over include:

1. The 24hour – 48 hour guild buffs.
The consumables do not carry over into HoT, and you will not be able to activate them after HoT launch. However, if the guild activates them before launch and they are still active after launch, they will continue to be active until their timers would have run out. If your guild has guild buffs stored up but not active currently, you may want to enjoy a guild *buff*et with those for the next few days.

2. The guild mission consumables.
The guild mission items will not carry over. Missions will not need consumables to start.

3. The Combat and Armor crafting consumables.
These are being removed.

In closing, Link’s blog post goes super in depth about the consumables, and I would recommend reading it here: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/rethinking-guilds/

Guild Consumables

Posted by: Shukriyya.7629

Shukriyya.7629

What about the WvW Fort +5 Supply item? Will it carry over?

RoF

Guild Consumables

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

What about the WvW Fort +5 Supply item? Will it carry over?

That probably won’t since the way wvw buffs are going to work will be different from what I understand.

Guild Consumables

Posted by: Kinsmir.5623

Kinsmir.5623

Will Asuran Outsourcing still be usable in HoT? My guild got some of them spare and we are wondering if we have to use them now or can they be used to speedup HoT upgrades?

Gandara – Legacy of the Six [LotS]
Dune Doomforge

Guild Consumables

Posted by: Dara Potocska

Previous

Dara Potocska

QA Embed

Next

1. What about the WvW Fort +5 Supply item? Will it carry over?
The WvW consumables and buffs will not carry over.

In HoT, a guild will need to claim a guild, then upgrade the hall to have the “War Room”. Following this, they will need to upgrade the Guild to have scribing recipes to craft. Once a scribe in the guild crafts the recipe and creates the schematic for the WvW guild claiming consumable, the guild will need to Process the schematic through the Assembly device of their workshop. Once the schematic is finished running through the Assembly, the guild will be able to use the consumable in WvW.

For more information on WvW guild claiming, you can read Tyler’s blog here: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/world-versus-world-guild-objective-claiming-deep-dive/

2. Will Asuran Outsourcing still be usable in HoT?
It will not be usable in HoT. Your guild will want to use it before launch.

Guild Consumables

Posted by: Kinsmir.5623

Kinsmir.5623

2. Will Asuran Outsourcing still be usable in HoT?
It will not be usable in HoT. Your guild will want to use it before launch.

Thanks for looking into it, looks like we can ramp up our guild production a bit before the expansion hit

Gandara – Legacy of the Six [LotS]
Dune Doomforge

Guild Consumables

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The consumables do not carry over into HoT, and you will not be able to activate them after HoT launch. However, if the guild activates them before launch and they are still active after launch, they will continue to be active until their timers would have run out. If your guild has guild buffs stored up but not active currently, you may want to enjoy a guild *buff*et with those for the next few days.

That’s counter to what the previous info told us (in the very blog you linked)

To quote:

The broad category of guild boosts—upgrades that give a benefit to guild members for a limited period of time—felt invisible and unengaging to the average guild member. We’re replacing these with permanent unlocks. Some, like the waypoint cost reduction, will apply permanently for all guild members without any need for interaction. Others, like the World vs. World fort enhancements, will apply permanently in the appropriate situation—the fort enhancements will always apply to the region of any WvW objective your guild claims as long as you hold the objective. Those attached to specific modes of play, such as the WXP or magic find boosters, are being replaced by a new guild-effects slot that functions like food and utility effects. Once your guild unlocks them, these effects will be available from a vendor in your tavern. Each guild member can only have one effect active at a time, but they’re free to swap and effectively never expire.

It has been then suggested, that the 24h unlocks will be grandfarthered when possible into this new system. From your post i assume this is no longer the case?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Guild Consumables

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

how could they be? converting an item thats costed as a temp buff into a permanent unlock would be absurd.

i imagine in the new system the cost for guilds will be in claiming an objective rather than in activating buffs

Guild Consumables

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

That’s counter to what the previous info told us (in the very blog you linked)

To quote:

The broad category of guild boosts—upgrades that give a benefit to guild members for a limited period of time—felt invisible and unengaging to the average guild member. We’re replacing these with permanent unlocks. Some, like the waypoint cost reduction, will apply permanently for all guild members without any need for interaction. Others, like the World vs. World fort enhancements, will apply permanently in the appropriate situation—the fort enhancements will always apply to the region of any WvW objective your guild claims as long as you hold the objective. Those attached to specific modes of play, such as the WXP or magic find boosters, are being replaced by a new guild-effects slot that functions like food and utility effects. Once your guild unlocks them, these effects will be available from a vendor in your tavern. Each guild member can only have one effect active at a time, but they’re free to swap and effectively never expire.

It has been then suggested, that the 24h unlocks will be grandfarthered when possible into this new system. From your post i assume this is no longer the case?

I don’t see where it suggested that they would be grandfathered in. The quote is referring to new boosts.

Guild Consumables

Posted by: tanith.4079

tanith.4079

2. The guild mission consumables.
The guild mission items will not carry over. Missions will not need consumables to start.

So, does that mean commendations won’t carry over and we should use up any that we have? Or do you just mean the merits?

Also, how is the guild bank going to work after HoT? Are all of the slots carried over? Do you need to claim guild hall in order to access it afterwards?

Guild Consumables

Previous

Alina Chadwick

Gameplay Programmer

Next

Commendations (the personal currency) is remaining the same and will carry over.

There is a separate thread on the guild bank, but tldr for the bank: if you have it now you will still have it then.

24 hour boosts that are currently active when HoT ships will remain active for the duration of their time.

Guild Consumables

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

To bad that +5 wont carry on i’ll miss it ^^

Small off topic, will we see any changes to commander tag for those that play WvW a lot? Any consideration of making tags cheaper for those with high WvW rank that have some experience, and also those that have a lot of badges ?:)

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

Guild Consumables

Posted by: OneEightHundred.5689

OneEightHundred.5689

What will happen to guild consumables that are in the build queue when the expansion hits?

Guild Consumables

Posted by: lordvroom.1274

lordvroom.1274

Seth already said that all things in your queue by the time HoT launches will auto finish. So queue up those guild catas or banners before (can hold 10 total)

-Vrontios
Leader of The Backup [CREW]
Fort Aspenwood

Guild Consumables

Posted by: lordvroom.1274

lordvroom.1274

Before you go all melodramatic we do not know the current cost to build the new +5. Yes it may take some time to build up the War Room but it could simply be a scribe recipe like 50 badges of honor, 10 wood, and 10 leather.

Yes I get that it is gonna suck to have to rebuild up that progress to get our essential buffs back I don’t think it will be hard to do. From one of the streams that I watched they said that there is a separate WvW queue to build items (like +5) than the PvE things you may need.

I trust that Seth and the other programmers know how important these are to running efficiently in WvW and doubt that the new system is a disaster. Just wait 9 days and then we can pass judgement.

-Vrontios
Leader of The Backup [CREW]
Fort Aspenwood

Guild Consumables

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

Results of strawpoll and still growing:
http://strawpoll.me/5736600/r

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

Guild Consumables

Posted by: sirjarros.4107

sirjarros.4107

Before you go all melodramatic we do not know the current cost to build the new +5. Yes it may take some time to build up the War Room but it could simply be a scribe recipe like 50 badges of honor, 10 wood, and 10 leather.

Yes I get that it is gonna suck to have to rebuild up that progress to get our essential buffs back I don’t think it will be hard to do. From one of the streams that I watched they said that there is a separate WvW queue to build items (like +5) than the PvE things you may need.

I trust that Seth and the other programmers know how important these are to running efficiently in WvW and doubt that the new system is a disaster. Just wait 9 days and then we can pass judgement.

thanks for the reminders Vroom. i had forgotten about how they said there’d be a pve build queue and a wvw build queue. i trust the devs too. just a bit worried this new system will make life harder for small guilds. but ya, i guess waiting and seeing really is the only solution. lol

thanks again!

Guild Consumables

Posted by: Angel.6085

Angel.6085

Are we getting refunded for our guild mission consumables? We keep about 10 ready at any given time, it’s kind of unfair that we lose all of that influence or whatever now.

YB>DB>BG>SOR>TC>BG>FA>DB>SOS>BP Guardian
Formerly [rB], [OPED], [Choo]
Guild Leader [DN] Digital Nemesis

Guild Consumables

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

I asked this ages ago and didn’t find out the answer – the 24/48 hour buffs were supposed to be being transfered into to paraphrase – a Guild ‘slot’ that you could move any one of these buffs into permanatly until you replaced it with something else – Guilds with these upgrades would get the slot ability grandfathered in.

Is this still the case? what about Guilds with these buffs availabale to them now that arnt intending to get a Guild Hall – will they be able to access them aswell?

Guild Consumables

Astralporing.1957

I asked this ages ago and didn’t find out the answer – the 24/48 hour buffs were supposed to be being transfered into to paraphrase – a Guild ‘slot’ that you could move any one of these buffs into permanatly until you replaced it with something else – Guilds with these upgrades would get the slot ability grandfathered in.

Is this still the case? what about Guilds with these buffs availabale to them now that arnt intending to get a Guild Hall – will they be able to access them aswell?

I asked about it in this very thread already, but it seems that the design changed since then and those buffs aren’t getting transfered into new system in any form.

Actions, not words.

Guild Consumables

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

If I read this right, this means it could take my 5 person roaming guild weeks or months to get our +5 supply buff back. Something we worked hard to get up and running. And come HoT, we’re just going to loose it and have to work even harder and longer than last time to get back a basic WvW staple simply because we’re small and gated by favor? This is ridiculous.

Way back in the Guild Hall CDI, I warned them to not link guild halls to guild functions, so nobody would NEED to build a guild hall to get what guilds can do in other areas. This right here is why. Good luck, and I hope you can get yourself back on your feet soon.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Guild Consumables

Rococo.8347

I asked about it in this very thread already, but it seems that the design changed since then and those buffs aren’t getting transfered into new system in any form.

Not shooting the messenger here but Seriously?? They are letting us know with only a week to go that 24/48 hour buffs are now going? AFTER ive spent a fair amount of Gold on boosting my Guild up from no upgrades to several levels up?

Now im kittened. Could this be confirmed? they will still talking last week about this Guild ‘slot’ that would contain timed buffs…

Guild Consumables

Previous

Alina Chadwick

Gameplay Programmer

For more information on this can be found here:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/rethinking-guilds/

Guild Consumables

Rococo.8347

Hi Seth,

ive read that post – its the one I based building upgrades before HoT arrived on – so to clarify
‘The broad category of guild boosts—upgrades that give a benefit to guild members for a limited period of time—felt invisible and unengaging to the average guild member. We’re replacing these with permanent unlocks’

This is all the timed boosts in the Politics and Economy sections like 24 hours 15% karma boost?
These if already acquired will be grandfathered in?
These will be available to any Guild even of they don’t have a Guild Hall?

Guild Consumables

Angel.6085

There is no possible way to use 10x of each guild mission consumable. Thanks for all the warning Anet. Waste of influence.

Guild Consumables

Posted by: MasterJediSoda.5926

MasterJediSoda.5926

Angel, we’ve known that about Guild Missions since at least June.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-halls-missions-for-all/

As a result, we decided that in the new system, guild missions will be free to run as much as you want. Each mission will give its bounty of favor only once per week, on the first successful run, but each member can get their personal commendation rewards by running the mission at any time during the week, even if the guild has already completed it.

And it’s been stated more recently, including a blog post a couple weeks ago. It would be nice to get a refund on them for those who built them anyway, but it’s not like we didn’t have warning.

Main: Mithren Lunalit, Mesmer
Member of Legion of Honour [XIII]
http://operationunion.enjin.com/

Guild Consumables

Astralporing.1957

For more information on this can be found here:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/rethinking-guilds/

We’re asking for clarification exactly because some of that info was either very badly worded and misleading, or seems to no longer apply.

Actions, not words.

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Guild Consumables

Angel.6085

Angel, we’ve known that about Guild Missions since at least June.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-halls-missions-for-all/

As a result, we decided that in the new system, guild missions will be free to run as much as you want. Each mission will give its bounty of favor only once per week, on the first successful run, but each member can get their personal commendation rewards by running the mission at any time during the week, even if the guild has already completed it.

And it’s been stated more recently, including a blog post a couple weeks ago. It would be nice to get a refund on them for those who built them anyway, but it’s not like we didn’t have warning.

The issue isnt that it wasn’t known, the issue is that they randomly spring a release date on us. That is where the lack of warning comes from.

Guild Consumables

Rococo.8347

Can I please have an answer on these ’ Guild Effects Slot’ because ive been asking and checking everywhere I can and im not stumping up another 40 gold to get what I want in the Politics track if its worth nothing – if its gone just clarify…if its not
– is it still grandfathered in?
- can you access without Guild Hall?

Guild Consumables

Posted by: BlackfoxKitsune.7480

BlackfoxKitsune.7480

So the whole rethinking on how to build your guild has happened. some good a lot BAD. Who’s idea was it to make us spend gold on that?! its hard enough to get gold in the game with your never ending Nurfing of event, area and mission drops. I get more out of events in queensdale as a level 80, then I do from Orr now. So the paying with gold needs to be dropped I think.

Also a Tutorial would have been nice on HOW to add banners and so forth into your guild, right now you can go and buy them with gold and which ever guild points you happened to choose to make us spend to get them, And then what?
There is NO info, you jump this change on us and then give us NO info in how to use that change, it’s just ridicules. If your going to change something so fundamental at LEAST give us an in-game Tutorial we can activate to learn HOW to use it. Your wiki has NO info at all about it, it just sends us to random forum posts or gives some very odd error codes.

The Lonewolf Clan (LWC)
http://akikitsune.wix.com/lonewolfclan
order of morrigan [Oom]http://oomguild.wix.com/order-of-morrigan