Guild Hall Decorations - QoL

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

I am sure it has been addressed somewhere but my googlekittenseems to be lacking right now. If there is an appropriate thread, please merge mine with it and all’s good.

Now, to the point… I am currently the self-appointed decorator for the hall my guild claimed, mostly to see what can be done and there are a couple of minor(?) issues with the way decorations currently work.

1. It would be nice to have a preview available for decorations not currently unlocked, especially the ones you can trade for the Mordremoth’s Bane item.
2. It would be even nicer if we had a way to retrieve to storage a decoration, without having to track it down. We have misplaced one vine wall and can’t find it. You’d think vivid green would stand out in the sandstone background of the precipice, but nooo…
3. It would be convenient if you could hide all the locked decorations from the list, when picking one with the 6 skill (though I can hazard a few guesses why that may be tricky to do).

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

Posted by: Draxx.1520

Draxx.1520

I am sure it has been addressed somewhere but my googlekittenseems to be lacking right now. If there is an appropriate thread, please merge mine with it and all’s good.

Now, to the point… I am currently the self-appointed decorator for the hall my guild claimed, mostly to see what can be done and there are a couple of minor(?) issues with the way decorations currently work.

1. It would be nice to have a preview available for decorations not currently unlocked, especially the ones you can trade for the Mordremoth’s Bane item.
2. It would be even nicer if we had a way to retrieve to storage a decoration, without having to track it down. We have misplaced one vine wall and can’t find it. You’d think vivid green would stand out in the sandstone background of the precipice, but nooo…
3. It would be convenient if you could hide all the locked decorations from the list, when picking one with the 6 skill (though I can hazard a few guesses why that may be tricky to do).

1. Agree
2. Agree again, in fact it is very strange this ability wasn’t available from start.We let all members go wild and crazy with decorations the first days to celebrate the guild hall, but plan on doing a more “proper” decoration by officers at a later time. Are we going to have to search every single corner of the zone just to retrieve all the decorations? That is preposterous and you know it ADD ZE BUTTON plx

GM of Ruthless

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Additionally:

• Decoration mode should automatically set your aoe targeting to ground targeted normal. It uses your existing combat settings, which are generally bad for decoration placement and having to go to the options and alter severeal things to decorate is kind of tedious. In the worst cases, player (like myself) that are set to ground targeting fast may not even realize there are more precise ways to preview and place things.
  • This system needs a targeted, non-aoe erase tool. Sometimes I just want to move one pumpkin, but because it’s in a pile of other pumpkins my only option is to use the small AoE erase, which will always invariable pick up stuff I didn’t want to.
  • There is currently no way to enter decoration mode without having at least one item in your decoration inventory. This is especially messy for new guilds who don’t have the ability to purchase decorations yet, but may want to place or adjust their special eidition hoT stuff, or legacy reward statues. Right now I can use a relatively cheap pumpkin if I have all decorations placed, but after halloween, if a guild claims a hall, places all of their statues/decos, they will be completely unable to alter decorations until they’ve done a significant amount of research to unlock the vendor.
  • What happenned to region based decoration permissions? I remember them being mentioned but see no permission options for them. I have a relatively small guild and it would be nice to maintain decoration control for the “main services” area of the hall, but give certain groups of members individual control over side areas so they can enjoy the system as well.
Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ