Guild Hall: Lumber 4 Ingredients Correct?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: sirjarros.4107

sirjarros.4107

Q:

The Lumber 4 upgrade at the Workshop says “Add elder logs as a possible output from the workshop’s lumber synthesizer” and yet it requires 500 Hard Wood Planks.

Is this a bug or a misprint or something? Every node before this has required the corresponding resource that it is intended to output. This seems a bit out of sync and rather weird to me.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The Lumber 4 upgrade at the Workshop says “Add elder logs as a possible output from the workshop’s lumber synthesizer” and yet it requires 500 Hard Wood Planks.

Is this a bug or a misprint or something? Every node before this has required the corresponding resource that it is intended to output. This seems a bit out of sync and rather weird to me.

In the extreme, 500 people can contribute one plank each and get years of elder logs (as well as lower-tier, more valuable logs); that’s an amazing value.

On the other extreme, a 5-member friends-only guild donating 100 planks each would probably take a year or so amortize the cost of that particular upgrade. That’s sounds expensive, but it’s about the same amount of time to pay off buying an elder wood log node bought on the TP (192 gold to instantly purchase, it yields a max of 6 logs per day, i.e. about 12-13 silver, which would take four years to pay off alone or 9 months or so for the same group of friends, if they visited the home instance together).

tl;dr both the expenses and the value of the upgrade are shared guild-wide and it’s balanced accordingly.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: steveway.3167

steveway.3167

In the extreme, 500 people can contribute one plank each and get years of elder logs (as well as lower-tier, more valuable logs); that’s an amazing value.

On the other extreme, a 5-member friends-only guild donating 100 planks each would probably take a year or so amortize the cost of that particular upgrade. That’s sounds expensive, but it’s about the same amount of time to pay off buying an elder wood log node bought on the TP (192 gold to instantly purchase, it yields a max of 6 logs per day, i.e. about 12-13 silver, which would take four years to pay off alone or 9 months or so for the same group of friends, if they visited the home instance together).

tl;dr both the expenses and the value of the upgrade are shared guild-wide and it’s balanced accordingly.

I think you missed what he was asking. It asks to add elder logs and requires hard wood planks.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Hmm could go either way. Might be a bug or maybe the dev thought “yet another 500 elder wood planks might not be such a great idea”.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

There are other upgrades where exchanging elder wood for hard wood would be more appropriate.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I think you missed what he was asking. It asks to add elder logs and requires hard wood planks.

You’re right, I did miss that.

I’d file this under, Another ANet Inconsistency™

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: MasterJediSoda.5926

MasterJediSoda.5926

I was surprised when I saw it too. While the hard wood works in terms of getting the upgrade in (would hear more if it didn’t), I expected elder wood for it.

Main: Mithren Lunalit, Mesmer
Member of Legion of Honour [XIII]
http://operationunion.enjin.com/