Guild Hall & Small guilds?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Xander.9024

Xander.9024

Yeah my guild is about eight ppl but only about 4 rep regularly. Greyhound we’re joining you in that shopping cart!

I have a solo guild. Can I push your shopping cart?

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

it would be funny the guild hall for a 5 man guild is fairly cheap but also just a broken down old wooden house with a three legged table and 4 chairs.

And some crayon drawings of the Elder Dragons, with a similar crayola graffiti on the door saying “seriuz dargon huntin guild”

Posted by: BCPrhys.7230

BCPrhys.7230

I understand this is a rather old topic, but I feel compelled to respond as this is a topic I have had reservation over when the Guild Halls were announced.

I had and still have a one-person Guild hall in GW1. Members have come and gone, and my kids were even members during times when they were guild shopping. In GW2, again, I am a one-person guild with the same fluctuating membership. I don’t mind it. What I do mind is that in GW2 it appears that ANet is doing their kitten dest to squash anyone who has a one-person or less than (you name the number) member guild. The merit system is completely against small guilds, and I fear this guild hall situation will only drive the stake further. Every video where someone speaks of the guild halls and missions in the Maguumas feels like pressure to break small guilds. As though ANet is forcing them into larger, impersonal guilds with which people do not want to be associated.

I don’t know. I don’t understand it. Are small guilds that much of a resource hog that ANet is attempting to destroy them completely from the game? If so, why are we even bothering to play the game, since games are supposed to be for enjoyment and relaxation in our spare time? And that is done on an individual basis, not in forced groups.

Okay. Enough. I’ve said my piece.
Be well.