Guild Hall and Arena

Guild Hall and Arena

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Kaizoku.1298

Kaizoku.1298

How much time and money will it take to capture a guild hall and make an arena in a 5 man guild ? approximately..

Guild Hall and Arena

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_hall

It is easy to capture with 5 people either of the halls.

Guild Hall and Arena

Kaizoku.1298

Is it expensive and time consuming ?

Guild Hall and Arena

Yargesh.4965

With 5 not really, I have a private guild with it unlocked and it is mostly just waiting for the guild ore to be produced that slows things down. That and bloody celestial insig/sigils.

Guild Hall and Arena

Kaizoku.1298

So if I capture a guild hall and start making an arena, can I finish it let’s say today ?

Guild Hall and Arena

Yargesh.4965

no

Guild Hall and Arena

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Guild Hall and Arena

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

It’s certainly time consuming. You will need a lot of mats including the pvp potions from dailies (final upgrade to make it into an arena needs 100). Plus you need to level the Guild Hall up first.

A few weeks if dedicated. Months if not.

Guild Hall and Arena

Kaizoku.1298

A few weeks if dedicated. Months if not.

Even if I only want the arena to be at lowest level ? If so, I’m doomed since I don’t play gw2 at all, only 1v1s with a friend every now and then

Guild Hall and Arena

Randulf.7614

You can’t use it until it’s upgraded to level 2

Guild Hall and Arena

Kaizoku.1298

You can’t use it until it’s upgraded to level 2

So level 2 takes weeks/month ? Sigh

Guild Hall and Arena

Randulf.7614

The length of time is just because there are so few of you.

You will need:
Arena Proprietor
Guild Hall at level 10
Arena upgarde 1
Arena Upgrade 2

You can ignore most upgrades, but you will likely need a guild mission one and a mining one to help build up currencies. Plus you will need 150 potions of pvp from doing pvp dailies – only so many can be obtained a day. And ofc celestial insignias which involve time gated mats.

So, yeah weeks I think is fair if you plan ahead.

Guild Hall and Arena

Kaizoku.1298

Thanks, I already threw the idea of arena away. Guess I’ll stick with PvP duels

Guild Hall and Arena

Posted by: HnRkLnXqZ.1870

HnRkLnXqZ.1870

We built our guild with a total of 8-12 people who actively contributed items/gold. Mostly veterans to be honest, but the system not requires a huge 400+ guild to get the job done. And we did not force anyone to contribute – as some other guilds do.

Creating a guildhall for the only purpose of having an arena is … a bit of a waste. I’ve seen several guilds which created an arena and it lies dormant most of the time. If you just want the chance to duel with your 4 other friends, join a guild which already has an arena?

dulfy-effect: Knowledge is power. But without fame, you are just a freak.

Guild Hall and Arena

Kaizoku.1298

We built our guild with a total of 8-12 people who actively contributed items/gold. Mostly veterans to be honest, but the system not requires a huge 400+ guild to get the job done. And we did not force anyone to contribute – as some other guilds do.

Creating a guildhall for the only purpose of having an arena is … a bit of a waste. I’ve seen several guilds which created an arena and it lies dormant most of the time. If you just want the chance to duel with your 4 other friends, join a guild which already has an arena?

My guild and I don’t play gw2 anymore, I log in daily just for the rewards.
We have dueling sessions once every few months and have nothing to do with gold, items etc. PvP is really holding us back from using our full potential.
It doesn’t matter if the arena wouldn’t be used a lot, it’s just that having it is a good thing for dueling. But it doesn’t matter, really.

Guild Hall and Arena

Posted by: Radu.1693

Radu.1693

Just captured a guild hall last night with 2 people, so five is more than enough.

Guild Hall and Arena

Posted by: FOX.3582

FOX.3582

Me and my wife own a guild hall just for some extra fun. Since we have more then enough gold or gear we’ve decided to farm everything litteraly by ourselves (yes every piece of flax, sparks, shovels, etc). I think we had the Arena in about one month. By now we almost have a level two tavern. And I guess we did not spend more then 200 gold by now (since you can not farm runes of holding and stuff like that). We have our main level 64 guild so it is just a way to have some extra fun (decorate!!!). I hope this will motivate you guys to build a nice guild hall with a small guild because it is possible to certain degree.

Good luck!

Mr. and Mrs. Fox…

What does the FOX say¿!

Guild Hall and Arena

Posted by: Ramoth.5162

Ramoth.5162

I am trying to figure out what a once a week 5 man guild can even do in this game anymore. They seem to have made it impossible for a small guild to function. I’m starting to look into it, but it just doesn’t seem to be very possible as some of my members are not very….good. I have to be careful of content so I don’t upset friends. Perhaps, it’s just time to step away for a while. At least Uthgard will be up in under a week so maybe we can get some old school DAoC in to ease the building frustrations of GW2.