Guild Halls: Just for the large guilds?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: riverrhyne.9751

riverrhyne.9751

Q:

I’ve been reading the veritable trove of information on guild halls, and it all sounds amazing! But not one blog post has (yet) approached the issue of whether or not smaller guilds will be able to manage the costs and player numbers to reach their guild hall. My guild is smaller (less than 15 people) and though we have all been in the game since beta and love running dungeons and fractals together, we have yet to be able to complete our first mission due to our lack of numbers.

From what I’m reading, it truly sounds like we aren’t going to be able to have a hall either unless we recruit, which we don’t want to do because we are a tight group of friends. Can someone please address whether this will be accessible by groups of 8-10?

Posted by: TheOceanians.4918

TheOceanians.4918

I was also wondering about this Or if it is a possibility for a larger guild to help a smaller guild complete the ‘mission’ to be able their get guild halls?

Posted by: neonis.3974

neonis.3974

I really hope smaller guilds can have a chance to get guild halls as well.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I was wondering the same thing. My guild only has 3 or 4 people in it. I don’t think I should be able to have a complete guild as easily as a guild with 400 people in it but it should be viable.

We’ve had the guild running since the game first launched and we shouldn’t have to abandon it and join a big guild or recruit just to have a working guild hall.

Hopefully costs scale for how many people are in the guild unlike how it is now where the costs don’t scale.

Posted by: Daniel.4763

Daniel.4763

I was wondering the same thing. There are only a few of us in my guild and I was wondering about the possibility of banding together with others for the purpose of acquiring a guild hall. It would require a lot of people willing to help out of the goodness of their hearts.

Either that, or I may actually have to join another guild. We’re allowed 5 so that won’t be a problem for me.

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

i assume people could guest over and join in the reclaiming the hall mission, maybe a makeshift aliance of small guilds helping each other out from time to time? afterall, we’ll be able to assign chats to each gui- OMG ALLIANCE CHAT

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

Posted by: Wickedesigns.1287

Wickedesigns.1287

Want to know this as well.

Posted by: thomdane.3670

thomdane.3670

Same with our Guild. We are 10 people at most, and although videos have stated that Small and Large Guilds will be able to progress, I have read nothing so far to indicate that. I know there are more posts, for Guild Missions, to come, so I am hoping for clarification there. We have never been able to do Guild Missions in their current state, because we do not have the numbers to make them a viable option. We clear Fractals with relative ease, roam WvW capping Keeps/Towers/etc, and have good success in PvP and PvE, but we can do those things easily with our size. Guild Missions, should they stay the same, we can not, and therefore we would not be able to earn “Favor” and build our hall. Some more details in the forthcoming blog posts would be great for easing the concern of smaller Guilds such as ours.

I am Eredon Terrace
Order of the Blue Heron [OTBH]
Arathorn Cirdon – Warrior | Ariana Cirdon – Mesmer

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Just do a LFG to capture one if it’s really not possible with 8-10? Wouldn’t be too much of a hassle.

But alas, I foresee great whining because of the barrier of capturing a GH. I think it’s pretty cool though.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Posted by: riverrhyne.9751

riverrhyne.9751

I’m not sure it’s that simple, since upgrading the hall will also require doing missions, etc. but it is certainly an option to get the basic thing.

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Well guild missions are unlocked for free and cost nothing to activate and seem to be available on a weekly basis instead of daily. Look through the gw2 dulfy coverage. I believe there was an article on the coverage at e3 where anet specifically stated that guild halls will be accessible an upgraded equally whether your guild is 500 players or 15.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

I like the concept. But i for one was hoping to be able to open my own little tavern. aw well.

thomdane.3670

Yes, but as is, small Guilds of 15 or less are not currently able to do current Guild Missions (i.e. track down more than even 1 Bounty, etc), and those Guild Missions are the way you earn Favor to upgrade your hall. It’s all fine and well to timegate the process so that small and large Guilds can both progress at the same time in upgrading their Hall, but if the smaller Guild can’t complete the Missions (and there has been no talk of the Missions themselves changing in their objectives so far) to earn the Favor needed to do the upgrades, then you can’t really progress at all, can you?

I am Eredon Terrace

Posted by: Mooncaller.9634

Mooncaller.9634

I was also wondering about this and asked about it during the live Twitch Point of Interest presentation (as did many others) today and it went unanswered.
It would be nice to know how many guildies are expected to be needed to acquire a guild hall.

Posted by: Brimstar.9036

Brimstar.9036

They said its for small guilds as well. The compared 15 people to 100 people, still being able to do the same thing. Please read blog posts!

thomdane.3670

This makes me wonder what ANet meant by “Small Guilds”. I think it gave hope to all of us truly small, close-knit, family-type Guilds when they spoke of this in this manner, but for all we know they could have been referencing “Small” as a Guild of 50 people compared to 500. Some clarification on this by a Dev would be most welcome, because my Guild and I have been very excited about the hype of “Small Guilds” being able to upgrade their halls, etc.

I am Eredon Terrace

thomdane.3670

They said its for small guilds as well. The compared 15 people to 100 people, still being able to do the same thing. Please read blog posts!

Yes, but are they working under the assumption that Guilds of 15 can actually complete Guild Missions? I know we can barely complete the Bounty Training with our regular 7, much less full Bounties.

I am Eredon Terrace

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

From what I’m reading, it truly sounds like we aren’t going to be able to have a hall either unless we recruit, which we don’t want to do because we are a tight group of friends. Can someone please address whether this will be accessible by groups of 8-10?

Also consider, how many of those 8-10 will be purchasing the expansion. Wiki says you have to push into the Heart of Maguuma to claim your Guild Hall; can people who haven’t purchased the expansion even step inside of a Guild Hall? They might have answered this today on the stream or in a blog post that I missed, so please forgive me if this has already been answered.

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

thomdane.3670

We actually all pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition, but I hadn’t considered that point.

I am Eredon Terrace

Posted by: ImTasty.2163

ImTasty.2163

I would like to know what is considered to be a small guild from what Anet said. By small does that mean a guild of 5 people can do it or small as in a guild of 20 people can do it.

Posted by: Ranatoa.4869

Ranatoa.4869

I would like to know what is considered to be a small guild from what Anet said. By small does that mean a guild of 5 people can do it or small as in a guild of 20 people can do it.

This is the question we really need to ask. The blog posts are full of references to small guilds being able to do everything that big guilds can do. So we don’t need to know if small guilds can do everything, but rather what qualifies as a small guild. One quote does give me hope though…
We want guilds to be adventuring together and, ideally, getting together in a large group (or a gathering with a few extra friends)

thomdane.3670

This would be nice to know indeed.

I am Eredon Terrace

thomdane.3670

From Colin Johanson:

Lord.4270:
Hi,
We are a guild of 3 guys . We love WWW.
With Guild halls , we will have to do guild missions.
So why we have to do puzzle jump and things like this , when in this game we just love killing people on the battlefield !
Why can t we play as we want .. ??

ColinJohanson:
HoT will include a solution for this for both guilds that are WvW, and PvP oriented that want to build and expand their Guild Halls and need the favor generated by guild missions. Same goes for guilds that have a mix of players interested in all three. More info down the road a bit on how this will work once we’ve got it a little more solid on our end.
Edited to add: Everyone will have to do the actual mission to capture the guild hall once per hall though no matter what. If your group online is too small, you’ll need to invite friends (or pay/beg/sing-songs-to-woo peeps in Lion’s Arch!) to come with you and help you claim the guild hall to own one. Or you could always grow your guild

I am Eredon Terrace

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Check the next quote from Colin in that same thread. You just need others to join in and help, they don’t have to be in your guild. So even personal guilds should be able to claim a hall.