Guild Halls Wager Results

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I personally voted Lost Precipice, but I was overruled by the Skritt in my guild. ;_;

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Changer the Elder.2948

Changer the Elder.2948

Well, I wouldn’t pat team Gilded Hollow on the back just yet, since I know of at least two guilds with a severe case of buyer’s remorse. At the start, GH was the shiny new promising place. But as time went on with upgrades, Precipice became an actual small desert town that looks like a group actually made it their home, while Guilded Hollow is still just a dank hole in the ground with nothing in it.

You can rest assured we’d swap if we could.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Well, I wouldn’t pat team Gilded Hollow on the back just yet, since I know of at least two guilds with a severe case of buyer’s remorse. At the start, GH was the shiny new promising place. But as time went on with upgrades, Precipice became an actual small desert town that looks like a group actually made it their home, while Guilded Hollow is still just a dank hole in the ground with nothing in it.

You can rest assured we’d swap if we could.

Pretty sure you can! You go back to the exploration guide (or whatever it is) and you can do the expedition to get the other guild hall.
..I think. I seem to recall that’s how it works.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

Any chance of introducing a guild hall (maybe in the Mists) that resembles the style of the PvP Lobby or the Fire Keep in WvW? Because that would be the kitten IMO.

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

The % of guilds who have claimed Gilded Hollow has no bearing on whether or not the population of the game “prefers” it over Lost Precipice. It may be true that more guilds have Gilded Hollow as their guild hall, but that was likely the choice a guild leader made (or core officers), guilds are not democracies.

How about you do an in-game poll to see what guild hall everyone prefers before skewing a statistic to support your own personally desired result.
You may find that you are correct then, but for the moment you have nothing but an assumption based on a single data point.

Edit: after rereading the first post realized this was a necro thread. Can we get updated guild hall claim statistics?

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

(edited by Ubi.4136)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It would take a very unusual set of circumstances for the population to prefer Lost by even 51:49 and end up with 68:32 guilds choosing Gilded.

Unless you think the vast majority of guild leaders chose despite the wishes of the majority of their members.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Good leaders will surely prefer better distribution and accesibility over aesthetics, no matter what the majority of the guild members think. Bad leaders will choose whatever they want and don’t give a kitten about their guildmates in the end.

I have the suspicion Gilded hall has a better distribution and that was the reason most leaders chose it.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

It’s kind of like comparing apples to oranges though. Yes, they’re both guild halls but lost precipice is far easier to decorate and theme. Then the guilted hollow is enormous with tons of hidden areas that most people won’t even travel to which is kind of frustrating for us decorators who put a lot of time, effort, and money into creating scenes in.

I like them each equally for different reasons though it is obvious guilted hollow took significantly more work due to the complexity of the map.

Either way, they’ve both been abandoned this expansion, we rarely get new decorations, scribing is still a bit of a mess, and there’s no real incentive to explore either of them if you aren’t interested in decorating. Kind of a big let down that they seemed to get no attention outside of a few decorations here and there and some upgrades. Was really hoping this was a feature that would have been expanded upon during one of the living season patches.

All the same, still looking forward to potentially getting new ones in the upcoming expansion. Just, please, add A LOT more decorations this time around and don’t make them insanely expensive to craft or a pain to make. Looking at you, potted plants!

Posted by: bobsort.4097

bobsort.4097

Why would you even thought people might like broken buildings with tall stairs and deserted and dry land to a flat accessible in middle of all maps, lush and green?

Anyway, why this post from a year ago came up again? are some guild planing to move their hall to new zone?

Posted by: slashlizardy.9167

slashlizardy.9167

How easy/difficult is it to move the guild hall? And if you move it, does it come with all the existing upgrades?

Posted by: plushiesoda.8150

plushiesoda.8150

personally i hate the guild halls, they’re too big, clunky and don’t feel like “guild halls” they feel like a whole map. Personally i’d prefer a SMALL fortress… or a house, hell even a small room would be better umu

Illconceived Was Na.9781

How easy/difficult is it to move the guild hall? And if you move it, does it come with all the existing upgrades?

• Moving is as simple as mounting the new expedition.
  • Wiki: " Upon claiming a new guild hall, your current upgrades are transferred to the new guild hall and the old guild hall becomes inaccessible."

Posted by: slashlizardy.9167

slashlizardy.9167

• Wiki: " Upon claiming a new guild hall, your current upgrades are transferred to the new guild hall and the old guild hall becomes inaccessible."

Thank you

Posted by: Andovar Edoras.2143

Andovar Edoras.2143

What about decorations? Will they remain as they are if you decide to reclaim it later, or will they get deposited to storage?

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

What about decorations? Will they remain as they are if you decide to reclaim it later, or will they get deposited to storage?

Decorations are put in storage and moved to the new hall. And if you want to change back later, it costs another 100g and you have to complete the claim event again.

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The reason the decos are removed is that the guild hall is gone and replaced by the new one. Although doable, it would be a lot more work to preserve a copy of the old guild hall, with decorations, and how many storage items were used up (how many remained in storage, how many were transformed by a scribe to something else).