Guild Halls and small guilds

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: dracoplasma.7651

dracoplasma.7651

The requeriments for every upgrade in the guild hall are far from reasonable for small guilds, like ours. I don’t think the game should encourage to form bigger and bigger guilds, because that’s not the reason to make one. This way you only encourage people to recruit more and more players only for the benefit of gold and materials themselves, and the true spirit of guilds (in a game called Guild Wars, btw) is lost. There should be an adaptation for requirements depending on the size of the guild. What do you think?

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

That this thread will be merged soon.

On another note, my small guild consisting of 5-7 active people donating is now Level 31. The cost of it is fine imo.

Kitten.

Posted by: ioki.5692

ioki.5692

I’m sure a guild with 5-7 active people can manage that just fine… my guild has 2 active people, not so easy.

We were able to fully max our guild out with just the two of us being active and were really looking forward to getting a Guild Hall with the new expansion, but no, that is not something that is easily done with 2 people.

Then to find out that all the work we put into upgrading our guild beforehand was for nothing, because we will basically have to unlock everything again once we do get our hall. Needless to say, we are not happy.

Small guilds were definitely given a good firm kick in the teeth in this expansion.

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

why do you NEED to max the guild hall in a small guild? Work the upgrades one at a time. Most of them don’t do anything serious anyhow.

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

I’m sure a guild with 5-7 active people can manage that just fine… my guild has 2 active people, not so easy.

We were able to fully max our guild out with just the two of us being active and were really looking forward to getting a Guild Hall with the new expansion, but no, that is not something that is easily done with 2 people.

Then to find out that all the work we put into upgrading our guild beforehand was for nothing, because we will basically have to unlock everything again once we do get our hall. Needless to say, we are not happy.

Small guilds were definitely given a good firm kick in the teeth in this expansion.

a couple people is not a guild, you can act like a guild and work harder top get the same rewards over a longer period, but guilds are about mini communities that work and play together and Guild rewards are balanced for these communities to have goals to work towards. This is adding value for these long standing communities, something that is sorely missing from most mmorpg today.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

That this thread will be merged soon.

On another note, my small guild consisting of 5-7 active people donating is now Level 31. The cost of it is fine imo.

Legit. You are my hero.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

I am solo upgrading my guild as well as contributing to the upgrades on two others and my own guild is up to level 17 so far…..

Posted by: Shikigami.4013

Shikigami.4013

“The cost of used cars is fine” says the average person.
“The cost of Porsches is fine” says the manager across the street.
“The cost of Lamborghinis is fine” says the lottery winner.

But only egocentric people take their own standard of “fine” and think it has to apply to everyone else too. What might be “fine” for you may not be “fine” for others.

Youtube “L2villagejester”.
People using belittling wording like whining/qqing" are not taken seriously by me
Same for people posting only to tell others not to post (“deal with it”-posts)

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I was going to say something along the same lines. I mean sure our guild got to lvl 32 near 33, but I can’t say that it was easy peasy. It was mostly that I had alot of stuff in stock just like my other guildies. Which is in fact easy, yeah. But I wouldn’t want to be that new player that wants to begin new guild and sees these costs for a guild hall. I think I literally donated half of my stuff if not more that I have gotten over the last 3 years from quite a bit of play time.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I was going to say something along the same lines. I mean sure our guild got to lvl 32 near 33, but I can’t say that it was easy peasy. It was mostly that I had alot of stuff in stock just like my other guildies. Which is in fact easy, yeah. But I wouldn’t want to be that new player that wants to begin new guild and sees these costs for a guild hall. I think I literally donated half of my stuff if not more that I have gotten over the last 3 years from quite a bit of play time.

Yeah I had alot of wood/mithril/leather beforehand and alot of the never used mid tier mats. But none of these are truly hard to get. Much of it is just open world pve stuff that drops in gobs especially if you salvage everything. even before hot, mid tier mats were expensive not because they were hard to get, but because no one wanted to play on those maps.

Haleydawn.3764

“The cost of used cars is fine” says the average person.
“The cost of Porsches is fine” says the manager across the street.
“The cost of Lamborghinis is fine” says the lottery winner.

But only egocentric people take their own standard of “fine” and think it has to apply to everyone else too. What might be “fine” for you may not be “fine” for others.

We aren’t talking about 1 person buying 1 thing. A guild pools their resources allowing for greater things, that’s the point.
For example, I couldn’t buy my own home by myself, but with the help of my now future husband we bought our own home last year.
1 average person can’t buy a 10 bedroom mansion, but 10 people (or even 10 couples) could very well pool together to be able to afford it.
This is the point of a Guild. You may say that people who are a duo guild should have lower requirements, but the fact is, a Guild of less than 5 is a glorified party. There’s many small guilds making the system work, but asking for something to make smaller guilds be able to get what other slightly bigger guilds are getting, at a reduced requirement, would be unfair to those guilds of the same size making it work.
Problem= My micro guild can’t build a Guild hall.
Solution= Expand your guild.
Sorry This isn’t the answer you want to hear but This is most definitely the solution to your issues. Not reducing requirements.
This was why A net encouraged the Guild Recruitment a couple of months ago.

Kitten.

(edited by Haleydawn.3764)

Shikigami.4013

I am not the OP and I don’t have a small guild.

However, you are the person who said “cost is fine” and this is probably because your 5-7 persons in your guild are above average rich in-game, which is what my post was about. For 5-7 average wealthy GW2 players, the cost of bringing a guild hall to level 31 within a month is not “fine”.

People using belittling wording like whining/qqing" are not taken seriously by me

(edited by Shikigami.4013)

Haleydawn.3764

However, you are the person who said “cost is fine” and this is probably because your 5-7 persons in your guild are above average rich in-game, which is what my post was about. For 5-7 average wealthy GW2 players, the cost of bringing a guild hall to level 31 within a month is not “fine”.

Those 5-7 people in my guild walked into HoT with around 50g each. I personally had 25ish gold.
None of us buy gems for gold.
Most of us work full time.

Try again.

Kitten.

Shikigami.4013

Try again.

No thanks. I will stop wasting my time with your condescending answers and just end this with a “I don’t believe you when you say that 5-7 people with almost no gold farmed all the mats needed to go to level 31 themselves in 1 month”.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Try again.

No thanks. I will stop wasting my time with your condescending answers and just end this with a “I don’t believe you when you say that 5-7 people with almost no gold farmed all the mats needed to go to level 31 themselves in 1 month”.

If five to seven people all had alts and all participated in wood farming, religiously, then yeah, the probably could just sell the wood and get what they need. But yeah it’s not something most would find fun.

Haleydawn.3764

Try again.

If five to seven people all had alts and all participated in wood farming, religiously, then yeah, the probably could just sell the wood and get what they need. But yeah it’s not something most would find fun.

Most of us had alts parked at flax farms, and really we just did the content, salvaged everything, donated what was needed, sold what we didn’t and bought what we did need.
Assuming we were just rich players in game was far more condescending then my reply, I assure you. It took effort. Not credit cards or hours of mindless farming though.
The treasurey is a tough but fair mistress.

Kitten.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

For example, I couldn’t buy my own home by myself, but with the help of my now future husband we bought our own home last year.
1 average person can’t buy a 10 bedroom mansion, but 10 people (or even 10 couples) could very well pool together to be able to afford it.

Good. In GW2 however, both you and those 10 couples need to shell out cash for a five-star hotel, because nothing smaller is available.

This is the point of a Guild.

Nobody argues that. What is being argued is treating the max-sized guilds as the only balance point.

And no, increasing guild size is not a reasonable solution. I understand, that some people treat their guilds in a purely utilitarian way, but for me my guildmembers are my friends. And the very idea that i might become friends with someone just because i am short on money or mats and need someone to share cost of upgrades with is completely ridiculous.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Madera.9210

Madera.9210

This might be a little off topic but as a guild member I would like to see what upgrades the guild is working on how far along it is and what materials are need to complete it. I see nothing on the guild tab and wonder if they are working on this ?

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

This might be a little off topic but as a guild member I would like to see what upgrades the guild is working on how far along it is and what materials are need to complete it. I see nothing on the guild tab and wonder if they are working on this ?

1st place to look is the treasury. It will only accept items for upgrades that are currently available for the guild. So if you look in the donations tab and you see elder wood planks 600/1000 and mouse over it you can see what they are going towards.

Then consider what kind of guild your guild is. Is it pvp, wvw, pve orientated? Apply that to which upgrades would make the most sense. Also the mine is pretty universal, so most are continuously working on the mine upgrades.

And ofc finally just ask those in your guild who approve the upgrades what they are going to try and upgrade next. Tbh this should be the goto. I suspect they’d be more than willing to tell you.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

again….and again….and again…….

quit misinforming people that anet balance the guild hall with 500 people as basis
anet for the record did mentioned that it takes 10 person (iirc) to max a guild hall in 6 months. the target highest guild hall level is 80, current is around 70. however, looking at the upgrades, most small guilds wouldn’t even use 3/4 of them.

if u recruit a group of leechers into your guild, then suck it up or kick the leechers out of ur guild or force them to contribute or make them feel guilty or whatever. gw2 is made up of large number of leechers anyway.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: James Rustler.7860

James Rustler.7860

The thing that really kittenes me off is that I never finished upgrading my bank guild’s bank before HoT dropped—and now I never can. Thanks, Anet.

Not too happy about all the things my actual guild used to have unlocked that are now locked behind ridiculous material requirements, either.

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

I hate what was done to guilds but I’m loving all this guild hall stuff now. You all dump your resources into that endless hole for a few decorations and make my resources much more valuable.
Like I’d be spending all my time in a guild hall and not playing the game….

Haleydawn.3764

I hate what was done to guilds but I’m loving all this guild hall stuff now. You all dump your resources into that endless hole for a few decorations and make my resources much more valuable.
Like I’d be spending all my time in a guild hall and not playing the game….

I love this. A guild hall is not the be-all-end-all of the game.
No one guild needs a Guild hall. But it’s one helluva great place to hang out. I feel that most complaining about the build requirements are blowing it out of proportion. You don’t need to max a Guild treasurey to regain guild buffs. Nor do people need to max a Guild hall to be able to hang out in it.

Kitten.

Posted by: GreyWolf.8670

GreyWolf.8670

My cross-game guild canceled plans to move to GW2 because of the changes. Oh well, I guess ArenaNet knows best. :/

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

even while i have 4 man in the guild i play solo, simply because ether they quit GW2 or don’t play as much/forgot GW2.
my standpoint is simple, i did literally everything in my guild on my own, had to save influence all on my own and upgrade my guild all on my own.
sufficient to say i did more on my own then most here did in there 20+ guilds for the guild, yet they remove all the upgrades and i have to do everything all over again.

they should at least compensate small guilds in a way, the way it is now is like deleting a character, all the work and time put in it and removed just like that.
also, guild halls should not be a legendary quest, it never was in GW1, why should it be at least 100X more difficult to get an empty hall.

Posted by: Downwood.3192

Downwood.3192

ag
anet for the record did mentioned that it takes 10 person (iirc) to max a guild hall in 6 months.

Nope. Even a large guild running at max capacity won’t finish a fully all-upgrades available guild hall until middle of march. That’s 5 months and that’s for a very large guild running fast-mode through this stuff. A 10 person will take significantly longer.

ioki.5692

I am not asking for the requirements for my small guild to be lower than that of a huge guild (and YES my small guild is a guild regardless of the fact that only 2 of our 20 members are active.) All I am saying is that if you already had something unlocked, to have to unlock it all again with the new system is a kick in the teeth to the small guilds that worked their kitten s off to upgrade their guilds in the first place.

As an example… we had +5 supply in WvW unlocked…good luck to a small guild getting that unlocked again…I have been told by friends in very big guilds that they can’t even afford it.

As for WHY would we want to have everything unlocked/upgraded? How about because we already did?

I don’t want all the new stuff to be automatically unlocked, but if you already had it before the HoT release, it should still be unlocked.

Small guilds had to work considerably harder than large guilds in the first place to get the influence to do the upgrades, and don’t get me wrong, it was fun and I don’t regret any of it, but it WAS a lot of hard work.

Also, as has been pointed out by someone else… my guildies are all friends. We do not mass recruit. The idea behind our guild is a small group of friends playing the game together and having fun…it is not to go out and recruit more people so we can use them for their money/mats.

This is the point of a Guild. You may say that people who are a duo guild should have lower requirements, but the fact is, a Guild of less than 5 is a glorified party. There’s many small guilds making the system work, but asking for something to make smaller guilds be able to get what other slightly bigger guilds are getting, at a reduced requirement, would be unfair to those guilds of the same size making it work.
Problem= My micro guild can’t build a Guild hall.
Solution= Expand your guild.
Sorry This isn’t the answer you want to hear but This is most definitely the solution to your issues. Not reducing requirements.
This was why A net encouraged the Guild Recruitment a couple of months ago.

(edited by ioki.5692)

Haleydawn.3764

I do wonder why I am quoted here in a post about your guilds being friends etc.
Back story: my guild is made of friends, we’ve been gaming together for 6+yrs. We selectively recruit in Gw2, the last recruits that we invited who fit into our group and have properly integrated was about a year ago, and that was 2 people.
We talk to each other outside of Gw2 and make efforts to meet each other and hang out, travel constraints apply.
Influence was easy to earn, since you could buy it, as well as passively earn it.
The guild buffs are a grey area. Technically they removed the old buffs in favour of the new ones. Actuality they refurbed them and stuck them behind a Guild hall. In all fairness, I don’t tend to notice I’m getting 10% more whatever but I get that some people feel they are a big thing.

Kitten.

ioki.5692

I quoted you RE your comment about small guilds asking for special treatment, which I am not asking for…as I say, just asking for what we had already unlocked to still be unlocked. Sorry if that was not clear.

As a small roaming group in WvW (which is getting harder and harder to do with the zergs getting bigger and bigger) that +5 supply means a lot… often the difference between being able to get siege built before the zerg finds us, or not.

Oh, and to be clear, I am not saying those things which were already unlocked should only still be unlocked for small guilds, I think if any guild had them unlocked, they should be unlocked…the only difference is that a small guild has to work considerably harder to unlock them again…after having had to work considerably harder to unlock them in the first place…

(edited by ioki.5692)

Astralporing.1957

anet for the record did mentioned that it takes 10 person (iirc) to max a guild hall in 6 months.

Remember it correctly – that was about favour and aetherium, not material costs. And it’s the same regardless of size.
It was not the expected time to max a guild (for a guild of 10), but the fastest possible time.
Mats are still balanced around large guilds’ farming capability, while completely ignoring that a majority of the guilds are not that big.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Subtlemuse.3586

Subtlemuse.3586

As a small guild of rl friends and mostly wvw roamers i found the guild costs to be rather unreasonable. I’m suitably impressed that Haleys guild managed to level up their guild so fast considering the materials asked of them without real grinding, without a decent starting capital of gold and resources and without much time. I’m just not convinced that a guild should be asking so much of their members for the rewards offered. This was a game that advertised belonging to multiple guilds for whatever reasons be it social, different game aspects etc. as a feature. The old reward system though in dire need of an overhaul at least rewarded you for playing together and required not much more then going out and having fun enjoying whatever content you so desired. As a guild leader i feel im now asking players to sacrifice too much. They have to hand over their own personal end item progression and possible raid access in the form of ascended crafting materials. They have to hand over their own personal rewards from pvp tracks, logging in bonuses, wvw currencies etc. Then im pretty much dictating what content they need to play be it mindless shovel farming, alt cycling flax farming, quartz mining from the 4 nodes available, meta event farming pretty much everything except for the content we originally formed up to play. Then they must hand over potential inventory space upgrades, donate future alt levels, legendary crafting mats, ascended collection mats etc. We can now see the exact costs of all upgrades, scribing bonuses etc and the level of personal taxation demanded in terms of material costs, wealth, time and forced content involvement in order in many cases to reacquire what we already had before is rather ludicrous. As a guild leader i couldn’t in good faith ask for so much and return so little so i personally suggested finding a bigger guild to join where the the new personal taxation system would not be so punishing.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_hall

FrizzFreston.5290

Those 5-7 people in my guild walked into HoT with around 50g each. I personally had 25ish gold.
None of us buy gems for gold.
Most of us work full time.

Try again.

So your material bank was completely empty, and had nothing in your inventory?

Posted by: Sungtaro.6493

Sungtaro.6493

A lot of the upgrades require straight gold, as in, items you can only get from a vendor. The question that comes to my mind is given the rewards rate for wvw, what is the time frame that a havoc guild will get the +5 supply buff if they continue to focus on wvw, which is the intent of the guild.

Give wvw acquisition of resources rate, is it two years, one year, never? Well, you would have to buy Silverwastes shovels somehow.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I’m a slow convert to the Guild Hall system vs small guild halls. Within a week, less than 5 of us have got the early stages up and running and we have planned out where we are heading next, knowing it will take 1-2 years to finish all of it.

This sounds horrible, but what it actually has resulted in is bringing a group of casually minded players back together for a common goal. If it takes forever to max our Hall, but encourages us to play more together to get what we want, then it is an overwhelming success from that point of view.

Omne.4603

Having a long term common goal is a beautiful thing.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master

Posted by: Subtlemuse.3586

Subtlemuse.3586

Aye having a long term goal is great at bringing some players together, in this case one can see the detrimental effect of an unreasonable long term goal. Many small roaming guilds have disbanded, joined larger ones or are farming away and the results of these changes are rather apparent in wvw. Its nice to know that in a year or two we can potentially see our hard work invalidated yet again with the next expansion and you can all look forward to a new long term guild goal.

FrizzFreston.5290

Having a long term common goal is a beautiful thing.

Having only long term common goals is a bit too much though. It’s obviously going to be very mixed experiences with the many kinds of different guilds. For some this system is done in half a year while others might need many years more.

It’s up to ArenaNet to balance it out reasonably so that there’s something in it for everyone. At least that’s what most players expect anyway. The players that go through the upgrades fast demand/expect more content and the ones that feel like they are stuck demand/expect lesser high prices for upgrades.

SkyShroud.2865

Remember it correctly – that was about favour and aetherium, not material costs. And it’s the same regardless of size.
It was not the expected time to max a guild (for a guild of 10), but the fastest possible time.
Mats are still balanced around large guilds’ farming capability, while completely ignoring that a majority of the guilds are not that big.

………… People really need to stop being delusional that anet balanced it around 500 people. Anet placed aetherium and favor cap to cap the large guild thus, it is kitten obvious that if the mats is truly balanced at 500, there’s no reason to place those cap. The fallacy is really strong.

http://dulfy.net/2015/10/02/gw2-guild-week-day-4-livestream-qa/

The livestream already made it really clear that it is balanced around 10 players, as for what type of 10 players, one can easily guess a normal regular player who don’t afk and thinks that guild hall will magically upgrade itself.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Bob.7189

Bob.7189

As far as I am concerned the expansion is a failure and a big disappointment. On a 1 to 5 scale, I rate it a zero. I did not make a conscious decision, but I have not played the content in over a month. It is a grind-fest oriented to large groups and impossible to play solo. Too frustrating to be fun, missing the whole point of playing games.

The expansion has also made the core game less enjoyable for me in zones hosting the “events” daily achievement. It is flooded with expansion-enhanced level 80s to the extent that a core level 80 has a very difficult time competing damage-wise for rewards. And for those characters at the zone level, it is impossible to compete. You still get experience and credit for event and heart completion, but the loot rewards are much reduced.

Maybe someday ANET will remember its “core values” and make the expansion content enjoyable for solo and small group play too. Until then I will continue to stick to the core game content.

My response is to stop gem purchases.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

There are a lot of people talking at cross-purposes here:

• Lots of guilds had certain features unlocked in pre-HOT Tyria and those features are no longer unlocked. This seems unfair to a lot of people.
  • The old system allowed guilds to earn currency passively or even buy it with gold. The new system requires active participation and donations of various sorts of wealth.
  • Some people don’t like the loss of passive (guild) income.
  • Some people think the upgrading costs are too onerous for personal (1 member) or even small (2-20 member) guilds.
  • Some think the new system is more in keeping with the idea of a guild hall as a shared effort.

This is another situation in which I try to imagine how the game would have been if the current system had been implemented at launch.

• Very few people would have created personal banks to increase personal storage.
  • Fewer guilds would have formed “on a lark” and more of those potential GLs would become officers in larger guilds.
  • Guilds would have seemed oriented towards 20-50+ people, rather than for 5+ (as they did at launch).

I can understand why some might prefer the way things were. Me? I like the new system a lot better and I think it’s more consistent with the idea of guilds as an organized and coordinated group, rather than just a couple of friends doing stuff together. I don’t think we, as a community, are ever going to completely agree as to whether that’s a good goal or not.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Downwood.3192

Downwood.3192

The supply +5 issue for roamers will be changed in that they will no longer be able to +5 camps on the fly. Their best best will be to base out of a +5 keep and run from there if necessary. Start off with some bonus supply and grab more as you can from camps you flip. Obviously a change from where they were.

Also, the +5’s will start dropping no later than tomorrow. It’s coming back.

Sungtaro.6493

The supply +5 issue for roamers will be changed in that they will no longer be able to +5 camps on the fly. Their best best will be to base out of a +5 keep and run from there if necessary. Start off with some bonus supply and grab more as you can from camps you flip. Obviously a change from where they were.

Also, the +5’s will start dropping no later than tomorrow. It’s coming back.

It’s a good workaround for roaming groups.

It does, however, emphasize the thing that bothers me post HOT for roaming havoc groups. The capability of havoc to affect the map has been severely diminished and are more highly dependent on larger guilds to accomplish anything.

In another thread, it was stated, and makes sense to me, that one of havoc ’s roles is to claim camps so the larger guilds can slot tactics in them mostly because most havoc guilds will not be able to afford these tactics.

The whole situation feels like a demotion.

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

The only thing that’s unresonable imo and nearly impossible for smaller guilds, are the kegs/shovels (especially if you don’t PvE).

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

My guild has about 90 to 100 people, however, by noting the historical saw that 90% of the materials are donated by two people, the two heads. As I am the type who does not like questions about third-party finance, do not know where they got much gold, I assume that they play for hours on end.

From the experience I took, with months in a guild that has guild hall, the only thing sure is that so far guild hall is something essentially cosmetic. this does not affect your experience in the game, unless u considers taking pictures in beautiful places something very important.

It’s not something worth and life and death, or condemn the whole game because of it.

Small guilds that do not recruit anyone will be happier to avoid this content.

Astralporing.1957

The livestream already made it really clear that it is balanced around 10 players

Har har har. At the same time when they give out their estimated values to max a guildhall, those happen to be the minimum times (the ones gated by aetherium). No, 10-man guilds will not be able to upgrade even close to the rate given. Again, what they say and what they do don’t match.

Actions, not words.

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

SkyShroud.2865

The livestream already made it really clear that it is balanced around 10 players

Har har har. At the same time when they give out their estimated values to max a guildhall, those happen to be the minimum times (the ones gated by aetherium). No, 10-man guilds will not be able to upgrade even close to the rate given. Again, what they say and what they do don’t match.

6 to 9 months is the minimum? Really? Some guilds already reach level 40 within a month, you really think it takes 6 to 9 months to upgrade to max? The interviewee himself too is unsure the optimal upgrading speed which is why he gave a 6 to 9 months range. The 2nd poster in the thread already mentioned his guild reached 31 with 5-7 people contributing. You just simply refuse to accept that the cost is indeed balanced around 10 people, or is it because you hate the fact that you need to part large amount of your personal wealth into a guild which just means that you place yourself above your guild.

I was like many others, I was skeptical about 10 person able to get it within 6 to 9 months. Then, seeing guilds of those size, one by one coming out and saying they are doing well, I decided to do some maths and logical assumptions. It is indeed possible for 10 person to max a guild hall within 6 to 9 months but on other hand, it is also not logical to do so since many of the upgrades are impractical and ridiculously overpriced despite being impractical, specifically the arena upgrades which is a major mats dump. Chances are, most people are just gonna upgrade what they need and stop at there. However, there will always be people, like yourself, who simply wants everything even if you have no use for 3/4 of the things.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

Sungtaro.6493

6 to 9 months is the minimum? Really? Some guilds already reach level 40 within a month, you really think it takes 6 to 9 months to upgrade to max? The interviewee himself too is unsure the optimal upgrading speed which is why he gave a 6 to 9 months range. The 2nd poster in the thread already mentioned his guild reached 31 with 5-7 people contributing. You just simply refuse to accept that the cost is indeed balanced around 10 people, or is it because you hate the fact that you need to part large amount of your personal wealth into a guild which just means that you place yourself above your guild.

I was like many others, I was skeptical about 10 person able to get it within 6 to 9 months. Then, seeing guilds of those size, one by one coming out and saying they are doing well, I decided to do some maths and logical assumptions. It is indeed possible for 10 person to max a guild hall within 6 to 9 months but on other hand, it is also not logical to do so since many of the upgrades are impractical and ridiculously overpriced despite being impractical, specifically the arena upgrades which is a major mats dump. Chances are, most people are just gonna upgrade what they need and stop at there. However, there will always be people, like yourself, who simply wants everything even if you have no use for 3/4 of the things.

I tend to agree with this. If it wasn’t for the +5 buff, we would be done by the end of the year. And it looks like we will have it by the end of January.

We have about seven contributing.

That said, I am pretty tired of grinding and spending an hour or more a day grinding flax and other materials. I used to wvw during that time. And given the rather small window of high activity that wvw has, I lose 1/2 of the best playtime for this.

Once we get the aura, I am probably taking a vacation from guild hall building. The remaining stuff is so marginal for a small wvw guild, and maybe I can actually go back to just enjoying the game.

Omne.4603

The “difficulty” with leveling a guild hall is greatly exaggerated.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master

Astralporing.1957

6 to 9 months is the minimum? Really? Some guilds already reach level 40 within a month, you really think it takes 6 to 9 months to upgrade to max?

Yes, those guilds that got to level 40 first already mentioned they have another approximate 4 months of queues till they max everything (based on aetherium production). (link here). So, Anet’s predictions were pretty much spot-on.

Actions, not words.

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

The “difficulty” with leveling a guild hall is greatly exaggerated.

Sure, it’s not “difficult”, we’re only pushing a button on a keyboard. That doesn’t mean the cost of upgrading a Guild Hall isn’t prohibitive. Nor, does it mean the cost of a Guild Hall and the Scribing that goes with it, isn’t sucking all joy out of ownership. If you were a PvE player and most of your time in game was spent circling a map gathering, then the Guild Hall probably doesn’t suck for you. If you are a TP flipper and had a good amount of wealth, then the cost isn’t too much for you either. Now if you were a WvW or PvP player, the cost of a Guild Hall is obnoxious. Completely sucking the life out of playing the game.

The cost of Guild Hall upgrading is imbalanced across the game modes. The per person cost of Guild Halls is imbalanced too. There should have been a sliding scale.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.