Guild Halls to difficult

Guild Halls to difficult

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Lunarian.3947

Lunarian.3947

Hi! arena net Please make the guild hall easier to claim. Small guilds like mine only consist of about 10 players, not all of us are online at the same time. Its just me and my friends and we want to be able to claim it with 5. But its just too difficult, if you perhaps extended the time limit to about 5 minutes per vine then it would be possible. It seems to me that area net has decided that small guilds are no longer aloud to function or do anything with HoT coming out, id like to see a change in this.

Guild Halls to difficult

Posted by: Faux Taux.9834

Faux Taux.9834

Lunarian,

It’s a bummer. Our small guild used to be able to +5 camps. We’re a small havoc group that normally runs 3-5 man groups. We’ve been experimenting with the new borderlands, and hopefully some day we’ll be able to get back what we’ve lost, but it’s not today.

And yes, when I read that small guilds would be treated with “respect” I knew we were most likely in trouble. We’ve all run with larger guilds, but we feel there’s a place for small krewes in this game still.

Faux

Sorrows Furnace

Guild Halls to difficult

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

I can tell you that a small group of 5-10 should be able to take down the vine. In Guilded hollow you need to target Mordrem Vinetender first. After he is down the vine can be attacked.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Guild Halls to difficult

Posted by: El Psy Congroo.7965

El Psy Congroo.7965

I agree, I’ve got a small guild too and we tried yesterday like 6 times (we were 4 people) and we couldn’t even kill a single maw. We could have tho if at least the time limit would’ve been longer.

Guild Halls to difficult

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Claiming is just the beginning. You’re in for a big gold sink beyond that to get any upgrades going beyond that.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

Guild Halls to difficult

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I’ve done a claim with 3 people. You just have to get lucky on the wurm spawns doing small group claims. Wurms can spawn very close to each other, so you’ll just have to keep trying until you get a good spawn pattern. 5 is more than enough to claim successfully, so keep on trucking!

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Guild Halls to difficult

Posted by: finniganz.1402

finniganz.1402

The guild halls are claimable by small guilds. I was just wandering around and saw a help wanted post in LFG, joined up with the guild and we 4 manned it. Since then I got invited into the guild of about 10 people, and we have our tavern and mine within a week. Just practice and figure out the strategy for the hall, and you’ll be able to get it.

Guild Halls to difficult

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It actually was easier for us with a smaller group.

First try: Over 10 people (not sure exactly how much over), several without updrafts skill. We spawned two vines per wave and generally one was not reachable fast enough thanks to lack of updraft use.

Second (successful) try: We capped it at 8 people so only one vine would spawn and we all had updrafts. We were able to zip to each location (it helped that the fifth one spawned in the same spot as the fourth) and had some time to spare for each kill. Then we had to race to the other side of the map to get the final boss thing. Pillars for los on his axe whirl were very handy — we were taking Lost Precipice, if that’s not clear from the updraft stuff. Boom, done.

Now we’re limping along making the first tavern. Sand to make glass takes time to gather. And apparently the lure of gold for flax/linseed oil is dissuading folks from making the kegs! /laughs

Anyway, four of us could kill a maw in our first go, if we got to it fast enough. Just need to focus down each vinetender then go all out on the vine. With eight, it was quite doable.

Guild Halls to difficult

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

It does NOT need to be adjusted, the number you bring in does.

Our guild tried it with 12 people and I think it scaled to 20 people because it was face melt. We had 2 drop and did it first try.

i think anet scales it by 10.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Guild Halls to difficult

Posted by: BlackfoxKitsune.7480

BlackfoxKitsune.7480

Use FB to plan events for your guild, in some cases, It is possible to ask bigger guilds to help you. This is what my guild of about 10 active members is planning to do, I’m part of 4 other guilds outside of my own guild, and one is a large active guild that has offered help to smaller guild on the EU servers to help take guild halls. Because Anet FORGOT to scale the events in the guild hall! >:( oh yes Anet we ARE very angry players at that you know!

The Lonewolf Clan (LWC)
http://akikitsune.wix.com/lonewolfclan
order of morrigan [Oom]http://oomguild.wix.com/order-of-morrigan

Guild Halls to difficult

Posted by: Snotra.8132

Snotra.8132

The guild hall claiming event scales far worse if you bring a lot of people. My guild had over a 100 show up and we couldn’t even kill 1 of the 5 waves. We had 9 level 86 mobs that scaled up the more people that were near it. Basically I’ve heard its impossible to do if you bring more than 40-50 people. Most guilds are doing it with 9 since its the easiest.

Guild Halls to difficult

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Hi! arena net Please make the guild hall easier to claim. Small guilds like mine only consist of about 10 players, not all of us are online at the same time. Its just me and my friends and we want to be able to claim it with 5. But its just too difficult, if you perhaps extended the time limit to about 5 minutes per vine then it would be possible. It seems to me that area net has decided that small guilds are no longer aloud to function or do anything with HoT coming out, id like to see a change in this.

a poster in another thread said he claimed the guild hall with a group of 3. many other guilds have claimed it with 5. so, i think your strategy is wrong or you do not have any strategy to begin with

you can fill yourself with negativity like the other posters trying to fill you with or you can go search the threads and ask the guilds that completed with 5 people for advise.

The guild hall claiming event scales far worse if you bring a lot of people. My guild had over a 100 show up and we couldn’t even kill 1 of the 5 waves. We had 9 level 86 mobs that scaled up the more people that were near it. Basically I’ve heard its impossible to do if you bring more than 40-50 people. Most guilds are doing it with 9 since its the easiest.

you didn’t encounter server crash? my guild has 8 squads of 10+ each, around 90 people total, total 8 maw spawns. we all dc-ed at 5th wave TWICE N and then the whole progress reset which i assume the server crashed as it couldn’t handle the number of mobs and players on the map. so we cut our numbers slightly to around 5 squads. it is actually possible to capture it with lots of people though is lot more difficult than less people, yes, the scaling is bad as you get more people. large scale event simply just need to have a “main commander” to control the different squads, is just like RTS game of multiple groups.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

Guild Halls to difficult

Posted by: Myrden.2456

Myrden.2456

I’ve put on several other posts how to claim it with 5 people (none were “hard core” players). Please look up those posts on how to do it.

But, for god’s sake, DO NOT MAKE IT EASIER!

The high elite spec cost was one thing, but nerfing content is another.

Guild Halls to difficult

Posted by: Lunarian.3947

Lunarian.3947

Thank you to anyone who posted a valid helpful reply. To those who posted things saying you just suck thanks for improving the community and being helpful. People should really grow up not everyone spends their whole life on this one game.

Guild Halls to difficult

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

This should not be made easier.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

Guild Halls to difficult

Posted by: Ykfox.3825

Ykfox.3825

My small personal guild has a Gilded Hollow Guild Hall as of earlier today. Me, one guildie, and 2 people I invited to join for the sole purpose of taking the hall managed to claim it from those Filthy Mordrem.

That’s right, 4 people managed to take a Guild Hall.
(1 Chronomancer, 1 Dragonhunter, 1 Ranger, and 1 Tempest)

This does not need to be made easier. It was not easy taking it with 4 people, it would have been better with 5 or 6. But it is DEFINATELY doable.

I believe in you, small guilds. You can do it.

Guild Halls to difficult

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

did it with 4 people, nothing hard about it at all.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

Guild Halls to difficult

Posted by: Grebcol.5984

Grebcol.5984

The hard thing is coming later, after the Guildhall claim. The Gold sink is kittening massiv and with small guilds the biggest grind ever in this game.

Guild Halls to difficult

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Errm, we beat it with 6 ( 2 of which couldn’t make it to 2 of the 5 spawns because we didn’t have updraft gliding) and had no issues…….I don’t see how it could be easier.

Guild Halls to difficult

Posted by: Changer the Elder.2948

Changer the Elder.2948

With all due respect, if there’s a promise broken this expansion, it’s the “we’ll be more friendly to smaller guilds” thing.

Seriously, even some guilds of hundreds struggle with the requirements of guild halls building. A guild of ten (which IS a guild – as long as there’s Destiny’s Edge in-universe calling itself a guild, anything up from 5 people is regularly called a guild by ANet itself, so if you ever wanted a definition, there’s one.), unless it’s a guild of dirt-rich ten, has extremely hard time.

Yes, guild hall can be claimed with a party. But building it? With the thousands of gold you need to spare in mats? That’s everything but small-guild friendly.

To expand my thought a bit:

You either have a guild of 5-15, where most people stick tight and know each other, willing to donate a lot, BUT going broke because of it, resulting in a guild frustrated over the lack of progress in their hall.

Or you have a guild of 250, which is mostly anonymous glob of players that keep most of the mats to themselves, because they have little incentive to invest, as the guild is much less personal. And you get a guild frustrated over the lack of progress in their hall.

Not sure about you, but that’s an extremely bad design decision in my book.

Loving the new and improved guild system so far, but the requirements and gold-sinking is downright ridiculous.

(edited by Changer the Elder.2948)

Guild Halls to difficult

Posted by: Faux Taux.9834

Faux Taux.9834

Good response Changer of the Elder. And Lunarian, I don’t think your message is lost in all of this.

Personally I like the new and challenging PVE content, and don’t want anything nerf’d folks. And our small guild will be taking a run at a Guild Hall tomorrow. Not complaining about that. But our issue is simple.

We’ve got a small WvW guild. It’s RL friends (oh no, real life) who like to roll in a small group. We’ve run with bigger guilds, but always come back to our core group of friends after too much nonsense in bigger groups. We’ve been playing since the start of GW2. And we built a small guild for our WvW purposes (claiming and buffing points). Time, gold, and upgrades were all involved. We focused on aspects to enhance our WvW play. Getting on and heading into a borderland and finding our ability to claim objectives was GONE without a guild hall was beyond a let down. What happened? WvW has stopped for us. And we’ve heard from other roamer / havoc fans having the same issue.

We’ll go for it tomorrow, and I know we’ll succeed. But much of the guild hall experience won’t be necessary. We have our homes that we decorate and live in. A time and gold sink isn’t in our future for constructing a guild hall. The larger guilds that we are still a part of now sound like this in Guild Chat…..

“We need XXXX item donated now.” Personally, I already have a job, and when I come on to play I don’t need a second one.

Faux

Sorrows Furnace

Guild Halls to difficult

SkyShroud.2865

……..

people eventually hijack the thread and change it to guild hall mats…every single guild hall thread became a complain thread

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Guild Halls to difficult

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I’m sorry to hear that (a) smaller guild(s) (is)are having trouble with the Hall. It seems to me the more ANet iterates that smaller groupings are getting short shrift from Anet. the only thing new for groups 5 or smaller is the changes to Fractals. Everything else is for larger groups, up to herd events. It’s a trend that has increasingly soured me towards the studio.

Guild Halls to difficult

Posted by: Nekomi.9562

Nekomi.9562

to be completely honest? This is just all so confusing.

An a HUGE bummer to us PvE guilds.
Missions are practically PvP and WvW built now so it’s basically “Hey do PvP or WvW or you get no guild hall you get no Favors, you want PvE MISSIONS!? HAH! Unlock it!”

If there is evil in this world… It lurks in the hearts of men.

Guild Halls to difficult

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

we did our guild hall the other night and had about 20ish players online participating. it felt like it was balanced very nicely in that it was a challenge but not impossible.

as for the guild hall requirements id imagine they envisioned it being a long term goal, yes richer or larger guilds would be able to do it faster but thats just life. more people contributing will naturally lead to the requirements being met faster so thats the sacrifice you have to make if you choose to stay a small guild.

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Guild Halls to difficult

Posted by: Frostfire.7492

Frostfire.7492

to be completely honest? This is just all so confusing.

An a HUGE bummer to us PvE guilds.
Missions are practically PvP and WvW built now so it’s basically “Hey do PvP or WvW or you get no guild hall you get no Favors, you want PvE MISSIONS!? HAH! Unlock it!”

In the Guild Mission panel is a small gear where you can switch your preference between PvE, PvP and WvW Guild missions, so if you switch to PvE you get only missions like Trek, Bounty, Challenge and so on. The Default choice is a mix between all sorts of Missions from every gametype.

Back to topic:
I think the difficulty is about right, we did it with 6 people and we got it at the second try. The first time we didn’t know how to kill the endboss and run out of time, but it was close, second time was pretty easy. Kill Vinetenders, kill spawns, focus the big hitters first. And for the endboss, if you knock his defiance bar down you can do a normal amount of damage, so you have to focus on this first.

BTW: I have heard from multiple Guilds who actually tried it with 20+ Members and didn’t get the Guild Hall, but after switching to smaller Groups (under 10) they got it pretty easy.

Guild Halls to difficult

Posted by: Changer the Elder.2948

Changer the Elder.2948

……..

people eventually hijack the thread and change it to guild hall mats…every single guild hall thread became a complain thread

…. I’m sorry, but do explain to me how a group of ten, which, as mentioned before, counts by far as a guild by ArenaNet’s own definition, is supposed to get this?

Below are just some of the things you need for the basic versus arena. Seems like roughly 100 PVP daily rewards. Seasonal rewards.

This punishes any player who hasn’t been sitting on a stockpile of mats for the past 3 years. Guilds comprised of new players have absolutely no chance to get this anytime soon, even if they rigorously play every day.

Mats donation? Sure, fine. But to this degree? This is absurd. And it botches the whole guild hall system.

Even if you capture your guild hall, which is nicely balanced fight, you’re stuck at a giant empty map nobody of your guild will have a reason to come back to, because it’s bloody empty and will be for months and months to come. And that defies the whole purpose of even having the bloody thing.

Attachments:

Guild Halls to difficult

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

People have posted about parties taking down both so not sure I understand this thread.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

Guild Halls to difficult

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

The sad truth is, you’re going to need outside help to claim your hall since it doesn’t really scale to the number of people in the instance. There’s a minimum number needed to do it comfortably and reliably without “getting lucky” or retrying many times.

Guild Halls to difficult

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

5-9 people seems like a good number. 10-14 seems more difficult than it needs to be. 15-19 and 25-29 seem to be pretty good, too.

If you have 5-9 and you aren’t succeeding, try changing your builds and your approach or ask for help from the map (or LFG); plenty of people like the challenge and would be happy to assist.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Guild Halls to difficult

Posted by: Dengar.1785

Dengar.1785

While this is not a “fix”, you can still get a guild hall if you team up with other guilds right?

Guild Halls to difficult

SkyShroud.2865

……..

…. I’m sorry, but do explain to me how a group of ten, which, as mentioned before, counts by far as a guild by ArenaNet’s own definition, is supposed to get this?

Below are just some of the things you need for the basic versus arena. Seems like roughly 100 PVP daily rewards. Seasonal rewards.

This punishes any player who hasn’t been sitting on a stockpile of mats for the past 3 years. Guilds comprised of new players have absolutely no chance to get this anytime soon, even if they rigorously play every day.

Mats donation? Sure, fine. But to this degree? This is absurd. And it botches the whole guild hall system.

Even if you capture your guild hall, which is nicely balanced fight, you’re stuck at a giant empty map nobody of your guild will have a reason to come back to, because it’s bloody empty and will be for months and months to come. And that defies the whole purpose of even having the bloody thing.

Ermm, I shall entertain you despite you hijacking this thread from the original topic.

Like other posters had mentioned. Larger guild simply able to get their upgrades faster while it will take longer for smaller guild to do so. That’s life.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com