Guild Wars 2 HoT Release Date? [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

It will be in the third quarter of the year.

The report said they were expecting a huge amount of money in the third quarter.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: DoIKnowYou.3896

DoIKnowYou.3896

The report from Reddit stating that Q3 would be a HUGE improvement of revenue suggests maybe between July-Septish

BUT I hope it’s sooner

Active Gw2 member who is ready to venture into the jungle! :)

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

I’m thinking either soon (or do they intend to leave a huge gap inbetween season 2 and the expansion?) or sometime during or after Summer like when the game was release.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I still think that ANet would like to release around the 10th anniversary. However I’d say 5/6 months is probably a good bet. It all depends on how far along they are with the game, but since there’s no beta going around I’d say it’s not that far along.

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

If it’s not within the next 3 months, I think they’re going to have some problems.
They’ve built a community and game that thrives on frequent updates after all.
I’d expect the majority of the dev team is at this point focused on making the expansion, so I doubt they’ll be releasing anything new in-between.
Super Adventure Box is the only content I can think of that they can throw at us to tide us over. Maybe a pvp and WvW season to help distract us as well.
It’s hard to say how long it’ll take though. There’s signs that indicate it could be relatively soon. But it could just as easily be the case that they have several months of work left, and we simply don’t know it.

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

If it’s not within the next 3 months, I think they’re going to have some problems.
They’ve built a community and game that thrives on frequent updates after all.
I’d expect the majority of the dev team is at this point focused on making the expansion, so I doubt they’ll be releasing anything new in-between.
Super Adventure Box is the only content I can think of that they can throw at us to tide us over. Maybe a pvp and WvW season to help distract us as well.
It’s hard to say how long it’ll take though. There’s signs that indicate it could be relatively soon. But it could just as easily be the case that they have several months of work left, and we simply don’t know it.

Totally agree.

February SAB and detailed HoT information.
March Beta
April Release? One can hope so, but life will go on either way.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

Posted by: Flower Lyssa.8012

Flower Lyssa.8012

Well, there are 2 big periods sales-wise: pre-summer vacations and pre-christmas. So I’d be pretty surprised to see it coming in the middle of summer. Anyway, we’ll know for sure when they announce the date!

Posted by: Will Lucky.8703

Will Lucky.8703

My personal guess is May-July

Server: Far Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Poulet de course.8721

Poulet de course.8721

Though I am as excited as many others out there and want it ASAP (yes I have money and vouchers already set aside for the coming release and it will be a late birthday present) i’d prefer a nicely polished and finished product. Just hope you guys have no hiccups in the process to slow you down. I can’t wait for the announcement

Posted by: NormalNormy.4261

NormalNormy.4261

Will we have to pay for HoT?

Posted by: Loex.5104

Loex.5104

I think a deep look at NCsofts forecast for 2015 could hint us the planned release frame

http://rpgparadise.com/games/guild-wars-2/ncsoft-2015-earnings-forecast-hints-at-possible-expansion-for-guild-wars-2#prettyPhoto

as you can see the forecasted revenue of Guild Wars 2 is dramatically increasing during Q3 2015 (x4 revenue) so thats Jul – sep.

As GW2 was released on 28 aug i think that would be a prestige Date. … i hope that they dont care about prestige dates and release it in early July. .. please ^^

They also could use the 28th April (GW1 Birthdate) as date to start their HoT-Beta (as this is nearly 2 months after PAX East this sounds like a realistic target)

Posted by: Baltov.9608

Baltov.9608

I think it will come out when the game devs get tired of that map and make a new one lol

Posted by: Mental Paradox.3845

Mental Paradox.3845

I will have forgotten about HoT in 9 months…

You should have kept it secret for longer.

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I think a deep look at NCsofts forecast for 2015 could hint us the planned release frame

http://rpgparadise.com/games/guild-wars-2/ncsoft-2015-earnings-forecast-hints-at-possible-expansion-for-guild-wars-2#prettyPhoto

as you can see the forecasted revenue of Guild Wars 2 is dramatically increasing during Q3 2015 (x4 revenue) so thats Jul – sep.

As GW2 was released on 28 aug i think that would be a prestige Date. … i hope that they dont care about prestige dates and release it in early July. .. please ^^

They also could use the 28th April (GW1 Birthdate) as date to start their HoT-Beta (as this is nearly 2 months after PAX East this sounds like a realistic target)

And the exact same securities co. has projected a 4thq increase every summer trying to preemptively, and incorrectly project an expansion. Go back and look, it is true. They presume it will release in august, every year since release, and put it in the ptojections. This is the third year in a row it has occured.

if your going to throw out straws, to grasp at, at least try to be more original with it

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Posted by: Loex.5104

Loex.5104

And the exact same securities co. has projected a 4thq increase every summer trying to preemptively, and incorrectly project an expansion. Go back and look, it is true. They presume it will release in august, every year since release, and put it in the ptojections. This is the third year in a row it has occured.

if your going to throw out straws, to grasp at, at least try to be more original with it

i dont think i threw out straws o_O just used the forum as it used to be … a place to share ideas.
Sorry i didnt know about that procedure and i dont know how to be creative with official figures ^^ and it never came to my mind that somebody could kitten with forecasts just to force some chaos.

so lets forget about that false figures…

All in All … i still hope for an release on GWs 10th birthday because they shouldnt stop the living story for such a long period of time (like till July or whatever)

Posted by: Flower Lyssa.8012

Flower Lyssa.8012

The thing is, the securities foresaw the release of GW2 for every year since the announcement that ArenaNet was working on a new game. It took, what? 5 years? For 5 years, some players got excited every year because revenue from ArenaNet was supposed to increase on such-and-such quarter. Other players, after being burned once or twice, just said “Meh. Tell me when we have a definite release date.”

Posted by: Smaug.3802

Smaug.3802

How can you announce that something will be released and not give a date or a price? It should be soon otherwise all this hype will turn into angst and ultimately disappointment.

Also, if you’re saying “When it’s ready” I guess that means it’s not ready and if you release it and it’s not ready that will = disappointment. Hope ya’ll didn’t announce this too early.

Posted by: Wwefan.4982

Wwefan.4982

I think they will release it for their 10th anniversary if not then in may.

Sylvari mean

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

How can you announce that something will be released and not give a date or a price? It should be soon otherwise all this hype will turn into angst and ultimately disappointment.

Also, if you’re saying “When it’s ready” I guess that means it’s not ready and if you release it and it’s not ready that will = disappointment. Hope ya’ll didn’t announce this too early.

They haven’t announced the expansion’s release. They announced that they are working on an expansion, which will of course eventually be released.
You can tell people you’re working on something without knowing when it’ll be done.

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

As the HYPE TRAIN’s FACE (Colin J) said MANY MANY TIMES….“When its ready”…

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

My hype has already kinda diminished a lot since the announcement because when I hear ‘when it’s ready’ I get flashbacks of how long it took to release GW2 after years of hearing just that – but I don’t think we’ll be waiting years this time… by the sounds of how long they’ve been working on it, it makes me think it’ll be a mid-late April release.

In my own personal opinion, if I were to announce something huge, I would have given a date – most games give a release date rather than a ‘when it’s ready’. If it’s still being worked on, it shouldn’t have even been announced. Just my two cents.

Nevertheless, I’m still excited about playing a Revenant and I guess we’ll have to wait a few more months :-/

I hope we’ll at least get some nice gemstore additions leading up to the HoT release.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: MFranco.9514

MFranco.9514

I also think that will be in the 10th aniversary, 28 April, is also a Tuesday (patch day xD)… but is very hard to preview a date, maybe only after the beta tests

Posted by: Elias.4028

Elias.4028

Heart of Thorns is going to be released Q4 of 2015, so I’m guessing November.

Posted by: Minion Of Legion.7841

Minion Of Legion.7841

As soon as I saw the announcement, I started looking for a pre-order option. I’d buy it right this moment, even knowing that I may have to wait months for the download/key for it…
Just take my money ArenaNet. Mr. O’Brien and crew.

Posted by: NikolasRobichaud.4237

NikolasRobichaud.4237

This spring 90% sure.

I agree….latest around summer…if they would want to go with promo of releasing it around the time they released the base game.

Posted by: Eilis.6089

Eilis.6089

Can we just get it before the end of this calendar year? I remember it was like YEARS for GW2 after they announced it. I know you’re trying to make the game as great as possible, but that’s what patches are for!

Ascalon shall rise again!

Posted by: Moldur.6275

Moldur.6275

I /cry everytime someone quotes from that report, get your quaggan together and don’t use greedy sources who you quote improperly in NCsofts name.

(edited by Moldur.6275)

Moldur.6275

Heart of Thorns is going to be released Q4 of 2015, so I’m guessing November.

That’s a lie, and all you got was attention.

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

Known timeline:
4 or so weeks till PAX East for playable demo.
March 12-14 at Rezzed, another playable demo. (6-7 weeks from now).
Beta testing soon after (approximately 2-3 weeks, realistically. Less if I’m being optimistic).
I’m expecting around 2+ months of beta testing, which would put the release around August to September this year, at the earliest.

Expansion launching on GW2’s third anniversary would be nice.

Posted by: myself.2143

myself.2143

Around fall perhaps. That data mined NCsoft earning projection listed huge earnings from GW2 in the 3rd quarter.

And while 3rd quarter is basically summer time, things are often delayed and the chances of HoT coming out early are unlikely, but let’s keep our fingers crossed!!!

(edited by myself.2143)

Posted by: AshlynStorm.2735

AshlynStorm.2735

Let’s be realistic. They’re not going to release it to soon before the holiday season, because if they do, they lose out on a lot of revenue that wouldn’t happen otherwise. Also, it will take time to make the game. At least, if they do it right this time. Even if they don’t, it will take 6-9 months minimum before they release it because of everything that goes into making a MMO or even just an expansion. It isn’t nearly being done being coded, that’s why there are is almost nothing in terms of content posted so far.

May: Alpha / Beta announcement
July-August: Beta
Sept.: Release date announced
Late November: Release date
Dec. 12th-19th: Big sale on GW2 and HoT.

Posted by: yanipheonu.5798

yanipheonu.5798

My gut says August. My hopes say April. Cynicism says November-December.

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

Let’s be realistic. They’re not going to release it to soon before the holiday season, because if they do, they lose out on a lot of revenue that wouldn’t happen otherwise. Also, it will take time to make the game. At least, if they do it right this time. Even if they don’t, it will take 6-9 months minimum before they release it because of everything that goes into making a MMO or even just an expansion. It isn’t nearly being done being coded, that’s why there are is almost nothing in terms of content posted so far.

You do know they didn’t just start working on it, right? They’ve been working on it for at least a year.

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Too bad beta is in march.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

They have already worked on the expansion for over a year.

We already know that official beta will start soon after PAX East, which is in the beginning of March.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Guild wars 2 HOT is coming out NEVER.

the end.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Posted by: yanipheonu.5798

yanipheonu.5798

Guild wars 2 HOT is coming out NEVER.

the end.

http://youtu.be/M5QGkOGZubQ

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

My guess is also around August or September. We’ll get a first look at it in March, after which it goes into beta, which will probably go for a month or two. Factor in another two to three months after that for final polishing and bug fixes, and we’re looking at August/September for release.

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

The report from Reddit stating that Q3 would be a HUGE improvement of revenue suggests maybe between July-Septish

BUT I hope it’s sooner

the LW seasons usually start about then, don’t they? as far as i’m concerned, we’re going into maguuma jungle(unless he’s at the bloody entrance of it) and not just jumping right into the fight against Mordremoth.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Same answer as the other headless chicken release date speculation thread:

HoT will represent a physical box -> which means shelf space -> which means retailers WILL know with precision 4 months in advance and they aren’t in the habit of keeping that information to themselves.

The retailers don’t know yet. So its still somewhere between 4 months from now and the end of the year. Don’t expect to know with any more precision than that until its announced.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

I say q3

End of August.

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

April 26-28.

Moldur.6275

With the demo being att PAX in 6 weeks I think we are about 6 months away from the release of the expansion. I would assume a closed beta of Heart of Thorns will be in May and keep going to June, open beta in July and the release will be in August or September.

When Colin says that after the demo “things will be happening pretty fast”, I am secure in saying that you are very wrong indeed.
Pretty fast is this spring. period.

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

April 28th is a Tuesday. Coincidence? I think not!

Joking aside, my heart believes in April, my head thinks August…

If it’s April, we can wait, but if it’s August, I do assume that without substantial updates in between, the hype train and the interest of returning players, veterans, and new players would wane like a soufflé…

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

Posted by: Twonineone.3490

Twonineone.3490

My gut says August. My hopes say April. Cynicism says November-December.

I totally agree with with Yani.
Anyway, I think that would be a lot of reasons to release the game in August: same release period of GW2, more people with time to play, the possibility to organize a live event for the release.
But I’m cynic too, so I fear that this expansion will be released in November or December…

Posted by: Sunshine.9528

Sunshine.9528

Hmm, i just noticed that I can already pre – order game.
Over here it says the game wil be out 31-12-2015.
It is going to cost € 49,99
Is this true?
https://m.bol.com/nl/p/guild-wars-2-heart-of-thorns/9200000039355572/?tpsQuery=/N/0/Ntt/guild%20wars%202/sf/true

Posted by: MARKONINI.4153

MARKONINI.4153

Hmm, i just noticed that I can already pre – order game.
Over here it says the game wil be out 25_12-2015.
It is going to cost € 49,95.
Is this true?
https://m.bol.com/nl/p/guild-wars-2-heart-of-thorns/9200000039355572/?tpsQuery=/N/0/Ntt/guild%20wars%202/sf/true

Does that site really looks like something official/legit ? :/

Stick to the official site or the big game shops ^^

Tinypaws / Tiny The Charrdian / Marko The Guardian

Guardian has no alternative :)

Posted by: Rymer.4017

Rymer.4017

This is not a real release date but I did just pre-order this through my local Gamestop which has a release date or possible release date for April 1st no lie call your local Gamestop and ask. I called the day they announced it and the person said they have one thats GW2 related listed for a release of April 1st and would I like to put a pre-order on it I had him transfer another pre-order I had to it and paid in full $39.99 plus stat tax so I am good.

Posted by: Sunshine.9528

Sunshine.9528

I always watch on the official site and yes that site is legit.
It’s an official site were you can bij games.
I just thought It’s strange that they already know.
I phoned them and they say that the release date isn’t annoced yes but wil be this year.
That is why the date is saying 31-12-2015.
They think It’s earlyer it is just so you can pre – order it already.

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

I always watch on the official site and yes that site is legit.
It’s an official site were you can bij games.
I just thought It’s strange that they already know.
I phoned them and they say that the release date isn’t annoced yes but wil be this year.
That is why the date is saying 31-12-2015.
They think It’s earlyer it is just so you can pre – order it already.

What Sunshine said. I used bol.com quite often, and this is how it mostly works. They want to make pre-order available, but with titles like guild wars 2 and HoT it’s a bit hard. To do so, they still put it in website, and guess a date (most of time to late, cause they learned that if they do to early it kittened people off). I think we all pretty much expect it to release this year, so 31-12-2015 is pretty accurate as far as ‘not dissapointing people but giving an indication’.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.