Guild Wars 2 HoT Release Date? [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

Amazon gave us a release date tho Iv seen them have alot of wrong in the past still here it is:

http://www.amazon.de/Guild-Wars-Heart-Thorns-Vorverkaufsbox/dp/B00SN5JM6W

June 30th

Nothing on the UK amazon site.

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

I am not a 100% sure on this link, I was watching the latest WoodenPotatoes vid and in his vide descriptions links I instantly clicked this: http://www.amazon.de/Guild-Wars-Heart-Thorns-Vorverkaufsbox-/dp/B00SN5JM6W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1431668980&sr=8-2&keywords=guild+wars+2. Again I am not 100% sure on this, heck I still need to watch the actual WP video, but if what the link says is true, then my wallet is ready, however, I also believe that june 30 is way too early to be the release date. By realistic expectations I think HoT will be released September-October.

Posted by: Rialen.1524

Rialen.1524

I’m expecting it’ll release in Q3 of 2015, but I’d definitely take June 30 ^>^

Posted by: Sorean.5379

Sorean.5379

I doubt it lol

We still need a lot of reveals (remaining Specs),some story fillers,the new event thing (Adventures ?) etc…

I’d say November 2015 being optimist. December 2015 is my guess.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

It’s just a placeholder date. If you try to look for the same thing on any other country’s Amazon sites, you won’t find HOT listed yet. There are “reviews” for the game on that website starting February 19th of this year; there’s no way any date would have been decided that soon.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Any date given until there’s an official announcement is nothing but a rumor.

And June is WAY too early for a release, considering the following factors…

- Things are still very much in flux with things in HoT, such as elite specs.. They’ve repeatedly said stat numbers aren’t final, and even skill effects are still being changed judging by the Reaper POI last week, where skills had changed even since the video footage was recorded. For a release to happen in a month and a half, most of the stuff would should be more finalized by now.

- We still haven’t had a single proper closed beta (the first was more of a stress test than anything) much less the open beta they assured us would come closer to release. Nor any real word on when that first closed beta is going to be, other than the fact that they’re gathering players for it now.

- We know that the base specialization system is coming out before HoT does, and as with the elite specs (and perhaps even moreso) those are still in flux. From the initial stream about the specialization system, Engineer specifically had a handful of skills they didn’t even have a rough skill for. And the Reaper POI mentioned that they’re still making changes to the system based on player feedback.

- They’ll be revealing all of the elite specs before HoT release, and they’re taking a break from it this week. Even assuming the final 6 are shown back-to-back with no downtime in between, that would end up taking us all the way up to the end of June. And they’ll probably be showcasing other stuff (like the rest of Revenant, Guild Halls, ect as well).

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

These threads pop up daily, but the bottom line remains the same. Until Anet announce it themselves on their website, these dates are purely speculative to entice preorders. It is a tried and tested trick used by retailers over the years.

I remember it happening with a Harry Potter book before it was even written…

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

You honestly should have watched the video before making the post. Also, you are late, this has been posted several days earlier.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

looking at past experiences (e.g. GW2 release) there are a million ghosts stories and urban myths before the actual release date but…

Arenanet will make the announcement
They will do it for all at the same moment and time
Resellers will NOT get info before hand.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: MelGT.8326

MelGT.8326

I think ArenaNet needs to hire a permanent mod to shut these threads down as they appear… Amazon, and other big retailers, have done this since the beginning of forever. It’s a scam to get you to commit you to buy from them rather than someone else. Unless it appears on the Guild Wars 2 website, it’s BS.

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

WTF the price, this is more expensive than the game itself!!! O.o

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Before the official announcement from ANet, every site that is selling it is just speculating and guessing the price and release date, they don’t have any info from ANet.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: IrishPotato.6327

IrishPotato.6327

This has been stated on MANY threads via the forums and reddit. Unless the announcement has been made by ANET, don’t believe anything

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Have to agree with the Q3 release.

After the initial hype I was all fired up and actually believed in a late Q2 early Q3 release.
But after watching these Elite reveals and how much everything is decidedly NOT ready, I would not be surprised anymore by a Q4 release. :/

Polish > hype

Posted by: trueanimus.4085

trueanimus.4085

guessing maybe early fall?

august/september?

Posted by: Kreejaffa.3682

Kreejaffa.3682

A guess is all you will have until they release the info.

So, good guess, maybe.

Kreejaffa [Ferguson’s Crossing]
Leader of Looking For Gandalf [LFG]
Worst Commander of Ferguson’s Crossing (Self Proclaimed)

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

We have no information yet.
But with them starting up closed beta now it is probably getting rather close to an announcement at least.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

well anet is going to be at E3 for the first time and this is after saying they would never go to E3. Maybe we can expect an announcement from them.

Posted by: cocowoushi.7150

cocowoushi.7150

Why do people ask when there is literally no information? If you’re looking for speculation if say Q4 at the earliest.

Posted by: Matheren.7536

Matheren.7536

No… the retailer is Amazon. Who are beyond notorious for making things up for when it comes to availability dates when they can take and hold your money until then.

Late reply, but one small problem with this statement – Amazon doesn’t hold money for preorders, they don’t charge (or even authorize) until they ship.

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/release-date-and-price-we-have-it/first#content

Already been brought up and thoroughly debunked. Retailers know nothing. It will be mid to late August at the absolute earliest.

You (correctly) brought up the fact that those are bogus dates, retailer placeholders, that have been debunked, but then push your speculation of a release date as if it’s accurate?
Your “august at the earliest” is about as reliable as amazon, so I’m not sure why you bothered mentioning it in such a fashion :/

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

At this point we’re to September at the earliest because Heart of Thorns is a physical box and that means minimum 3-4 months notice to retailers to get shelf space.

While the anniversary would have been cute (though I don’t know that I’d highlight that it’s been 3 years to get an expansion out…) I think the only real drop dead date than matters is Black Friday. If they don’t make the Christmas season heads will roll (not that I think there is any concern it’ll take that long).

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

On the date: Amazon typically puts a date in as a placeholder. The same happened, iirc, with the GW2 launch, and that was the wrong date.

On the price: 44.99 EU converts to ~49 U.S. and change, which is ~$10 less than the price of the game at launch. That’s pretty standard for expansions. Also, Warlords of Draenor, a WoW expansion, retails for 49.99 U.S. The price is believable.

lordkrall.7241

At this point we’re to September at the earliest because Heart of Thorns is a physical box and that means minimum 3-4 months notice to retailers to get shelf space.

And how do you know that they haven’t gotten one?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: yasb.6592

yasb.6592

Amazon is way too optimistic, I think we will get a feature patch with the new trait system on the third anniversary (late august) and HoT in november or early december (christmas).

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Must we go through this every time a retailer enters a placeholder date. Until Anet provides a release date NO ONE knows. Not Amazaon, not EBgames, no one. Placeholder dates are meaningless, and have always been meaningless.

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

A physical box? Please link the source for this. GW2 has their online store and literally everything for the game can be bought through that. Why would they force us to buy physical copies instead of just a digital package?

lordkrall.7241

A physical box? Please link the source for this. GW2 has their online store and literally everything for the game can be bought through that. Why would they force us to buy physical copies instead of just a digital package?

What?

My post was about the fact that he have no idea if they have gotten the advanced warning or not.

As for the fact that there will be a physical box: That have been known since the announcement more or less as seen here:

Q: Will this expansion only be available digitally, or will there be a boxed edition as well?
A: Both. Once Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns is available, you’ll be able to buy it digitally or get boxed editions at retail stores.

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/105801626-Guild-Wars-2-Heart-of-Thorns-FAQ

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Nike.2631

Because once they have a solid date, the physical vendors tend to be VERY public about it. Its not a secret when just about any employee that handles orders can check the solicitations log book and see when it’ll be available. The date lines up across the entire industry and the publisher tends to announce the date also (give or take a day or two). This is just how retail logistic work. But the fact remains there’s still a minimum amount of lead time between solicitation and release and that puts HoT into September at the earliest at this point.

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

What?

My post was about the fact that he have no idea if they have gotten the advanced warning or not.

As for the fact that there will be a physical box: That have been known since the announcement more or less as seen here:

Q: Will this expansion only be available digitally, or will there be a boxed edition as well?
A: Both. Once Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns is available, you’ll be able to buy it digitally or get boxed editions at retail stores.

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/105801626-Guild-Wars-2-Heart-of-Thorns-FAQ

Sorry, yeah, I meant to reply to Nike, not you. However, much appreciated for the link

Posted by: Mistshifter.5732

Mistshifter.5732

Latter half of August.

1. The current Living Story is already leading into the Jungle, but not all the way. Given story progression, they’ll likely put in one more step truly setting up the world for it’s expansion. Which under the current speed at which Living Story is added and the time an arc takes, everyone will have experienced by August.
2. The pacing of information releases regarding the expansion, with the class specializations in particular, means they’ll have everything announced for the expansion explained and covered by the first half of August.
Then they can hype it up for a couple of weeks and release.
3. The beta tests are up. Meaning the game is largely done and now they’re just fixing things and rebalancing classes. That’s usually a 4-6 month process in content of this size. Meaning they should very well be done in August
4. Common gaming industry release date conventions state that you have the most succesful first week income (a week in which critics and reviewers look at your income to determine if you flopped or not) if you release in late summer/early autumn (i.e. August) as the weather becomes less pleasant to be outside in. (Unless your game is aimed at hardcore no-lifers, who’ll want to be online instead of with relatives over the hollidays, then you want to release in November. But GW2 isn’t that kind of game.)
5. Their previous release date was in August.

So August.
The release date is in August.
Enjoy your summer everyone!

(edited by Mistshifter.5732)

Posted by: DestinyEdge.2046

DestinyEdge.2046

Posted by: Ranatoa.4869

Ranatoa.4869

This is still almost a year old and put together buy a third party, not NCSoft. It has already been posted and dismissed dozens of times in this forum and even once in this thread…

(edited by Ranatoa.4869)

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

It will either be August 28th (three years from launch), or after Halloween.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Nike.2631

They are well past the time they would need to send out solicitations to stores to secure shelf space in August for the HoT boxes. We might see the change over to specializations in time for the anniversary, but HoT has missed that window.

Posted by: ham.8209

ham.8209

As expressed in the FAQ:

Q: When will Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns launch?

A: We’ll announce the official launch date when we can. Check back at http://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com for the latest updates.

We’re as thrilled about HoT as you are — thanks for sharing your excitement!

just like with Guild Wars it will happen when it happens and for some of us old time players well we gotten used to that and hope it keeps right on . makes the game more better that way :P

lordkrall.7241

There might be some slight hints in this video:

“We’re about to launch a expansion for GW2 in this summer.”

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

They are well past the time they would need to send out solicitations to stores to secure shelf space in August for the HoT boxes. We might see the change over to specializations in time for the anniversary, but HoT has missed that window.

That is an absolute false statement.

They are actually in fairly close stride this year, as they were with release year, as far as testing and betas go. Go back and look at the official release notification for retailers and compare it to how far out they are from the same date this your and it will disprove your claim.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

It was announced as “this summer” in the last meeting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLslqhBn3PU at the 25:35 mark.

Posted by: Guizao.4167

Guizao.4167

It was announced as “this summer” in the last meeting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLslqhBn3PU at the 25:35 mark.

And there comes Mr. Devon Carver with his “stop the hyping”
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/38426o/steve_fowler_in_building_a_competitive_game/

It’s all about THE COLORS

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

yep, saw that, but I think its just them trying to keep a secret in a bag thats already open now… Q3 numbers and all… itll be this summer.

Posted by: Lindelle.3718

Lindelle.3718

I’d really like to believe it will be on or before the 3 year anniversary. That way the expansion came out “before” 3 years or “at” three years.. and no one will say “It took OVER three years for an expansion!” Advertising thing, I guess? Not saying it WILL happen, I certainly hope so, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a goal at least.

Lindelle Ulfsvitr – Norn Ranger
“Walk with the pack. In the eyes of Wolf, we are all brothers and sisters.”

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Wow my first post was 4 months ago :-/ I change my mind. I think it’ll be released December at this rate.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Nike.2631

That is an absolute false statement.

They are actually in fairly close stride this year, as they were with release year, as far as testing and betas go. Go back and look at the official release notification for retailers and compare it to how far out they are from the same date this your and it will disprove your claim.

I am looking at the wiki… and while I see it, I will say that is very strange behavior. The kind of thing I don’t see them getting away with twice, but we’ll see. ((shrug)) If I’m wrong I get to play it sooner. If I’m right, I don’t sit around gnashing my teeth.

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

I don’t think people are capable of understanding what “when it’s ready” means but this message goes out to all of them. No Anet has not made an official announcement of either the Price nor release date of HOT. The websites that have them available for preorder are not confirmed by NCSoft nor Areananet. They are Placeholders and nothing more. Hope this helps.

More info “when it’s ready”.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

(edited by CodeHavoc.7926)

Posted by: piano man.1672

piano man.1672

WAIT, HOLD UP

Are you saying that if ANet hasn’t released a price or release date yet, that means they haven’t released the price or release date yet, and all other sources that say otherwise are false?

UGH, my life is in ruins now! I need to go and make another thread asking when the release date is or what the price of the expansion will cost me….

(I hope everyone gets the sarcasm.)

Kharros 80 Warr | Dead on Revival 80 Necro | Yoxx 80 Guard | Khoton 80 Thief | Thera Majere 80 Ele

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

I am thinking though at e3 we may get a release date.

But it’s just like all the people asking why revenant doesn’t have its own personal story even though it’s always been based on race not class.

Posted by: Crossflip.4390

Crossflip.4390

December, calling it

Posted by: Sinope.5630

Sinope.5630

I suspect that pre orders are starting at q3, no matter if game is ready or not. And if you order from it digital version you need to pay it same time. Like it was when GW2 was released. That’s why they expecting income increasing at q3 so much.

This is speculation, but expansion itself will come out end of the year or early 2016. All depends when it is ready. Price? Hmmm, I speculate that it will be 45 € or 50 $, if there is collector’s edition, even more.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I don’t think people are capable of understanding what “when it’s ready” means but this message goes out to all of them. No Anet has not made an official announcement of either the Price nor release date of HOT. The websites that have them available for preorder are not confirmed by NCSoft nor Areananet. They are Placeholders and nothing more. Hope this helps.

More info “when it’s ready”.

we ask these questions, because Anet is run by humans. And like humans, they make mistakes every once in a while, and may slip up and reveal info by mistake. (Hence Tempest- Elementalist’s Elite Spec was a slip up)