Guild Wars 2 HoT Release Date? [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: CajunSinjin.3410

CajunSinjin.3410

Just checking in to see if a release date has been hinted at? I’ve been away for a few months and wanted to know if there was any insight yet?

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Nothing yet. They probably will tell more at E3.

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

All we know is: 1) “when it’s ready” and 2) 2015.

A lot of people are expecting a release on august 28th (based on pretty much nothing).

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

A lot of people are expecting a release on august 28th (based on pretty much nothing).

You sure about the 2015 thing? I don’t think I’ve read anywhere that Anet has said that.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

Not confirmed but a lot of speculation going off of unconfirmed preorder dates on websites.

More info “when it’s ready”.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

You sure about the 2015 thing? I don’t think I’ve read anywhere that Anet has said that.

Their projected earnings for Q3 of 2015 were almost 5x greater than any other quarter surrounding it. This would be indicative of the expansion being released in Q3.

Also, if they don’t release it this year they are going to be in a lot of hot water with the community. There is little to no content being released until the expansion hits. Almost a year of no new content is not acceptable.

Posted by: Ranatoa.4869

Ranatoa.4869

Their projected earnings for Q3 of 2015 were almost 5x greater than any other quarter surrounding it. This would be indicative of the expansion being released in Q3.

Please stop bringin this up like it’s fact, it’s old and baseless information that has been copied over every year since GW2 was released. It’s not even provided by Anet, it’s a third party.

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

This is the link that people are referring to for those who are wondering:
http://www.kdbdw.com/bbs/download/192028.pdf?attachmentId=192028

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Not nothing. August 28 is the 3 year anniversary of GW2. Although I guess that would be pretty much nothing.

MiniEquine.6014

Please stop bringin this up like it’s fact, it’s old and baseless information that has been copied over every year since GW2 was released. It’s not even provided by Anet, it’s a third party.

It came out this January…

It’s not at all baseless. Just because it doesn’t list an actual release date doesn’t mean that Anet does not intend to try and get the expansion out by that time. I’m not saying this is definitely the case, but with how far they are in showing us what the expansion will have, coupled with that report, in addition to that developer’s meeting they had a couple of weeks ago?

The only thing that would be surprising is if it did not come out this fall.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Ranatoa’s point is that the same prediction has been made every year, including this one. While a number of other factors make me personally feel that the end of August is a solid possibility, that earnings prediction has no weight whatsoever beyond “if we say it every year, we’ll look smart the year it actually comes true.”

MiniEquine.6014

Ranatoa’s point is that the same prediction has been made every year, including this one. While a number of other factors make me personally feel that the end of August is a solid possibility, that earnings prediction has no weight whatsoever beyond “if we say it every year, we’ll look smart the year it actually comes true.”

I suppose so, but this time it’s actually different. We know they are working on the expansion, we have some semblance of how far into it they are, we know of the anniversary, and we heard their developer’s somewhat erroneously speak of a potential release time period of “this summer” (which they said not to pay any heed to, but why exactly would they say that if it was only speculation?)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Indeed. Those things you list are among the “number of other factors” I mentioned. But with the amount of crying wolf that third party predictor has been doing, you’re not going to find many people happy to see that old tired financial prediction used as a “see look this is when!” support.

Ranatoa.4869

Indeed. Those things you list are among the “number of other factors” I mentioned. But with the amount of crying wolf that third party predictor has been doing, you’re not going to find many people happy to see that old tired financial prediction used as a “see look this is when!” support.

Thanks Donari, you hit the nail on the head. It could just as easily come out 4th quarter as 3rd quarter this. While I’m in the camp that says it will come out end of summer (maybe August 28th?) the unfortunate truth is that it will be released when it’s ready. Just because they are planning on a summer release (as per the developer meeting) doesn’t mean a catastrophic issue won’t come up and push it back a few months. We have a lot of info that has been revealed so far but twice as much that hasn’t been. Some core changes (eg engineer traits) aren’t even set in stone yet.

So while they may have a plan and a timeline, it’s still up in the air at this time.

Posted by: pandorasbox.6340

pandorasbox.6340

I have had enough teasing. I have heard enough about world vs world, PvP, class changes, core changes, spec changes, item changes, UI changes, bug fixes, and combat changes. I am not willing to hear any more teasing. I can only take so much without a day to look forward to.

I want to hear about a release date. That is it. Simple. Give us a date. I will even sign a petition to the devs to hear a tentative release date. Just give us a date. It is not a very large request.

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

We estimate tomorrow, give or take some time.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Posted by: Megamanxz.5028

Megamanxz.5028

ITS MY GAME I WANT IT NOW

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

It is not a very large request.

They’ve got two choices:

1) Give a date, which will be an ‘initial’ date, then something won’t quite be ready, and it’ll have to be put back a little. Then something else will have been unforeseen, and will have to be put back. All while this is happening, people will be complaining about it being ‘delayed’

2) They don’t give a date until it’s ready. No broken promises, at the request we loyal and humble players be patient.

I prefer the latter.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

pandorasbox.6340

Some time? It has been almost 6 months since announced at PAX. I know patience is a virtue, but I only have so much of it. Currently the expansion is in TBA form. TBA could mean tomorrow, it could mean winter 2016.

Telling us Q4 2016 would be better then this.

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

They’ve got two choices:

1) Give a date, which will be an ‘initial’ date, then something won’t quite be ready, and it’ll have to be put back a little. Then something else will have been unforeseen, and will have to be put back. All while this is happening, people will be complaining about it being ‘delayed’

2) They don’t give a date until it’s ready. No broken promises, at the request we loyal and humble players be patient.

I prefer the latter.

Whats better a Broken promise with great meaning and understanding or a Promise of Empty trust and unsureness?

SAB or RIOT

pandorasbox.6340

They’ve got two choices:

I prefer the latter.

You can have your humble pie if you want. I hear it tastes really bad.

Me personally I would never complain about it being delayed because I am well informed. I know it is a WIP, and the date is just there to give us an idea. It is not set in stone.

I know Hell fire and brimstone is not going to rip open the earth because someone said fall 2015 and it is now December 2015. The start of winter.

ronpierce.2760

Some time? It has been almost 6 months since announced at PAX. I know patience is a virtue, but I only have so much of it. Currently the expansion is in TBA form. TBA could mean tomorrow, it could mean winter 2016.

I’ll do you one better, Q3 projections show a quadruple earnings, and they slipped up saying summer release and the pre-patch will be in 1-3 weeks handling the specialization changes. Long story short, expect between July and September and you’ll be golden.

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

tentative release date

This summer.

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

tentative release date

This summer.

martian summer.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Posted by: DevilLordLaser.8619

DevilLordLaser.8619

I’m going to tell you a secret.

The game will come out when it comes out. Whether or not ArenaNet tells you when that date is two months or ten months in advance, the date on which the game releases will not change.

It’ll release when it’s done. When they know when that’s gonna be, they’ll tell us. Until then, anything they said would just be a falsehood that would get hurled back into their teeth by the slobbering barbarians who populate these forums. Why should they open themselves up to that when the majority of the playerbase is in on the ‘When It’s Ready’ joke.

Which isn’t a joke because it’s the flippin’ truth. Settle your jimmies. It’ll come out when it comes out. In the meantime do other stuff.

Posted by: meeflak.9714

meeflak.9714

E3 is right around the corner, I expect to hear about the release then, if not oh well. I’m still super hyped

All professions lvl 80. x2 elementalist
main Druid ~~Adalyn Del Rayna~~ [SIGH]
[Ehmry Bay]

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

If I remember correctly, NCSoft predicted a large revenue bump in Q3. So expect the release to be sometime before the end of september.

There was also a dev video floating around last week where they said the expansion would hit this summer which would also be before the end of september.

Many are predicting a release in the end of august to coincide with GW2 anniversary and the rate Anet has been releasing info seems to point to August as a possible release.

My expectations are for the end of august. If I don’t hear about a release by then, then I’ll worry about it.

Posted by: Automaton.4926

Automaton.4926

What makes you entitled brats think they have a date for you? Seriously is this how you act at school or at work? They don’t have to tell you kitten and you should be lucky they show you the stuff they are working on.

Posted by: meeflak.9714

meeflak.9714

What makes you entitled brats think they have a date for you? Seriously is this how you act at school or at work? They don’t have to tell you kitten and you should be lucky they show you the stuff they are working on.

Whoa calm down. Seriously Is that how you act at school or at work?

All professions lvl 80. x2 elementalist
main Druid ~~Adalyn Del Rayna~~ [SIGH]
[Ehmry Bay]

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

I play other things to keep my mind off, or I would be raging in the forums too.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

Posted by: Kelthien.8593

Kelthien.8593

It’s super hard to find a date. A great on-going example I’d recommend is Path of Exile. Those devs are communicating openly for a large patch and, depending on how each week goes, the release date slides significantly. They’re shooting for a release that’s 4 weeks away…if you’d asked that team in January for a release date, they probably would’ve laughed at you.

For a game like GW2 with a potentially larger player-base in a competitive field with extensive advertising constraints… I just can’t imagine them picking a date until the expansion is close to completion.

That said, it would be nice to hear a “we’re aiming for Q3” or a “some time between july and september”. Just so I can start anticipating how long I’ll have to grind out some supplies in preparation!

Posted by: Selene.9415

Selene.9415

I’ll do you one better, Q3 projections show a quadruple earnings, and they slipped up saying summer release and the pre-patch will be in 1-3 weeks handling the specialization changes. Long story short, expect between July and September and you’ll be golden.

You’re going to be disappointed.

The summer released thing was already reneged (hesitant to even use that because it wasn’t really “promised”) on by another dev.

The predictions were for a heavy increase in Q3, with even more of an increase in Q4 which imo is more likely to mean prepurchases will start sometime july/september, with the actual release being closer to october/november (if not even december).

Edit: Spelling

(edited by Selene.9415)

ronpierce.2760

The summer released thing was already reneged (hesitant to even use that because it wasn’t really “promised”) on by another dev.

The predictions were for a heavy increase in Q3, with even more of an increase in Q4 which imo is more likely to mean prepurchases will start sometime july/september, with the actual release being closer to october/november (if not even december).

Q3 projects 91, Q4 is 51.

Also as far as I could tell (and recall) the dev said nothing except “nothing is set in stone” typical damage control bandaid over the slip up.

Posted by: Selene.9415

Selene.9415

Q3 projects 91, Q4 is 51.

Also as far as I could tell (and recall) the dev said nothing except “nothing is set in stone” typical damage control bandaid over the slip up.

I remembered incorrectly >.< Sorry! Got the info from this reddit post ( http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2yxgvv/kdb_daewoo_securities_newest_indepth_analysis_of/ ) where it said release date in Q2 and release in Q3. Brain must have messed it up with me always thinking release date would be announced in Q3.

I still think september is too early though, no matter what they have predicted. Guess will see at E3 (maybe).

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

They’ve got two choices:

I prefer the latter.

You can have your humble pie if you want. I hear it tastes really bad.

Me personally I would never complain about it being delayed because I am well informed. I know it is a WIP, and the date is just there to give us an idea. It is not set in stone.

I know Hell fire and brimstone is not going to rip open the earth because someone said fall 2015 and it is now December 2015. The start of winter.

If you know this and accept this, why is a date so important?

Also, a thread demanding a date wont get one any quicker. They work to an internal timetable and calendar, so a date will be forthcoming when they feel its time to announce it.

Id write soon with a tm symbol, yet my ipad lacks the function!!

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

I have had enough teasing. I have heard enough about world vs world, PvP, class changes, core changes, spec changes, item changes, UI changes, bug fixes, and combat changes. I am not willing to hear any more teasing. I can only take so much without a day to look forward to.

I want to hear about a release date. That is it. Simple. Give us a date. I will even sign a petition to the devs to hear a tentative release date. Just give us a date. It is not a very large request.

official statement
We really didn’t want to do this, but as we get demands like this more and more often, we now announce the date we are certain that we can release the game at this point in time. The date is:

28 september 2019

(it was likely possible to release earlier, but as you forced us to reveal a date now, it has to be this one). Have a nice day!

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: MelGT.8326

MelGT.8326

That is ENOUGH! No more sense or reason please! Release date or RIOT!

Seriously, chill. If you think about how far along the elite spec reveals we are, we are still at least 2 or 3 months from release. You’ll have a breakdown by then if you’re so worked up about a computer game at this stage.

Faux.1937

We know its coming soon, very soon, at least wait for E3 on the 16th-18th lol, thats like a week away.

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

I have a structured settlement and I need my game noooowww.

Call COLIN JOHANSON

877-GAMENOW!

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Posted by: Dragon Ruler X.8512

Dragon Ruler X.8512

Guys! They just said HoT will take another 2 years so calm down!

Faux.1937

Soon ™
15 kitten

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: Sneakier.9460

Sneakier.9460

“Also, in 2015, NCsoft is expected to roll out an expansion pack for Guild Wars 2, which
has sold more than 3mn copies since its release in 2012 in the US and Europe. We
assumed in our 2015 earnings estimates Guild Wars 2 expansion pack sales of around
2mn copies (US$50 per copy), and note that the expansion packs for Guild Wars 1 have
sold almost as much as the original game in the year of their release. "

Source: http://www.kdbdw.com/bbs/download/192028.pdf?attachmentId=192028

Considering this and the reveal rates, the game will be launched between september to december and cost ~50 US dollars

Attachments:

Gunnars Hold= Tuga Land

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

“Also, in 2015, NCsoft is expected to roll out an expansion pack for Guild Wars 2, which
has sold more than 3mn copies since its release in 2012 in the US and Europe. We
assumed in our 2015 earnings estimates Guild Wars 2 expansion pack sales of around
2mn copies (US$50 per copy), and note that the expansion packs for Guild Wars 1 have

Considering this and the reveal rates, the game will be launched between september to december and cost ~50 US dollars

Daewoo has made the same prediction for 2014 and 2013. They have proven every report that they are wrong. The moment they don’t predict an expansion, I think it is a good omen it is near.

This is nothing against Daewoo. They are advicing potential investors. Those people don’t care bout an expansionpack. They just look at how profitable an investment in ncsoft is and if they do invest they are happy if that profit has been reached. As Daewoo is predicting that well, thier audiance is happy, but pls stop seeing those reports as any indication to what direction this game is taking at all!

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

YOU CAN´T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

Polish > hype

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

Getting so upset over such a tiny thing. Life must be very stressful.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

They did say this summer a few weeka back in a video.

However, things seem not to be ready at all. They are going to release trait changes before HoT, they haven’t even introduced all the elite specs (not even half), Stronghold seems to be still in a testing phase. I don’t know. Imo, they shouldn’t have announced the xpack so early when they can’t keep the hype up nor give us any information. They said they would be releasing elite specs every week, now they have stopped. I honestly have no idea what they’re doing.

Ranatoa.4869

Daewoo has made the same prediction for 2014 and 2013. They have proven every report that they are wrong. The moment they don’t predict an expansion, I think it is a good omen it is near.

This is nothing against Daewoo. They are advicing potential investors. Those people don’t care bout an expansionpack. They just look at how profitable an investment in ncsoft is and if they do invest they are happy if that profit has been reached. As Daewoo is predicting that well, thier audiance is happy, but pls stop seeing those reports as any indication to what direction this game is taking at all!

This, exactly this. There is no weight to this report as its said the exact same thing every year. They would have predicted an increase in quarter 3 even if Anet had outright said there will be no expansion in 2015.

Ranatoa.4869

They did say this summer a few weeka back in a video.

However, things seem not to be ready at all. They are going to release trait changes before HoT, they haven’t even introduced all the elite specs (not even half), Stronghold seems to be still in a testing phase. I don’t know. Imo, they shouldn’t have announced the xpack so early when they can’t keep the hype up nor give us any information. They said they would be releasing elite specs every week, now they have stopped. I honestly have no idea what they’re doing.

They only said they would release three elite specs, then they were going to take a break.

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Play it when you need it. J.G. Wentworth.

Fishsticks

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

Very true, and since ArenaNet is a business, controlled by NCSoft ( who has to answer to the shareholders) NCSoft might just be thinking that Anet is technically incapable of releasing within the time frame. And if I were a major shareholder in NCSoft who was given the 3rd quarter when I would receive increased dividends, I would be clamoring for a change in staff who could get the task at hand completed. Or who knows, maybe they were asked to delay until a later date.

What I do know is that the uncertainty of a confirmed date of release has helped me decide between ArenaNet’s HoT and FF xiv’s Heavensward. ymmv

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger