Guild Wars 2 HoT Release Date? [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

What I do know is that the uncertainty of a confirmed date of release has helped me decide between ArenaNet’s HoT and FF xiv’s Heavensward. ymmv

The vagueness, plus the annoyance of having to go out and do skill challenges for each alt to make sure they don’t get nerfed, has lead me to try out Marvel Heroes for the first time.

Posted by: AlexanderFalkor.4765

AlexanderFalkor.4765

while i’m as hyped as the rest of you I’ve chosen to simply wait for them to release it when they release it instead of demanding that they tell us when becuase you know why i want a good game not a buggy game

Posted by: Adngel.9786

Adngel.9786

Really are we going to have this issue repeated on a new topic every day?. If you want your temptative date read the forum before open a new topic, it has arised tons of times since the fiscal year report.

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Really are we going to have this issue repeated on a new topic every day?.

Honestly? Because there hasn’t been much else to talk about.

When meaty info is released, everyone comes to the forum to talk about that. When we’re all waiting for the next specialization reveal or guild hall info, we get “we need a release date” and “so how about those mounts?” posts.

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

No, no, no…the release date is sometime between now and then…aka anytime between tomorrow and whenever.

Posted by: Achrisos.1360

Achrisos.1360

I have had enough teasing. I have heard enough about world vs world, PvP, class changes, core changes, spec changes, item changes, UI changes, bug fixes, and combat changes. I am not willing to hear any more teasing. I can only take so much without a day to look forward to.

I want to hear about a release date. That is it. Simple. Give us a date. I will even sign a petition to the devs to hear a tentative release date. Just give us a date. It is not a very large request.

Release Date: WHEN ITS READY ™ 2015

Posted by: shogei.8015

shogei.8015

You do realize they don’t need to completely finish HoT before release date, right? They need to have the Revenant, the specialization and masteries frameworks, the first 1-2 areas and probably guild halls. Everything else can be released on a Living World type cycle of every 2 to 4 weeks.

Stronghold and the WvW changes are outside of HoT and their release dates need not be linked to HoT at all.

Guild warrior for life!

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

You do realize they don’t need to completely finish HoT before release date, right? They need to have the Revenant, the specialization and masteries frameworks, the first 1-2 areas and probably guild halls. Everything else can be released on a Living World type cycle of every 2 to 4 weeks.

Stronghold and the WvW changes are outside of HoT and their release dates need not be linked to HoT at all.

They better have the dragon ready. There’s going to be some tryhards that want to say they finished HoT in 3 days.

Posted by: nightblood.7910

nightblood.7910

LOl This is all software. Its actually better that they dont throw a hard deadline too early.

Software is tedious, mistakes can be abundant, and when companies put deadlines ahead of quality, you end up with a subpar product.

I would be much happier if they just took their time and got it right the first time than release something that was so bad in terms of bugs and quality issues that you wish you never spent the money in the first place.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

LOl This is all software. Its actually better that they dont throw a hard deadline too early.

Sure but the actual problem here is that the HYPE started a couple of months ago.

And by now it´s obvious that they haven´t even remotely finished all elites, let alone the major parts of the expansion.

Quite frankly I wouldn´t have logged back in if I knew that the hype was THAT premature.

The launching of the expansion announcement was simply VERY dishonest leaving us hanging all these months. It should´ve been revealed at the NOW imminent E3.

Polish > hype

Posted by: Ranatoa.4869

Ranatoa.4869

The launching of the expansion announcement was simply VERY dishonest leaving us hanging all these months. It should´ve been revealed at the NOW imminent E3.

It wasn’t dishonest at all, they are still releasing the expansion last I heard.

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

Tuesday, September 29th.

That’s where I’d place my money.

I suspect they would like Sept 15th, but they won’t make it.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

Adngel.9786

And for reactions like that is why more and more companies go turning more secretive, very soon videogames will be made by the Order of wishpers.

If they announced the project some months ago to make a pre-launch marketing campaign of 6 – 9 months, actually it’s something very very standard. At least in the videogames industry.

If people can’t manage their emotions after the news, it’s their problems, not the companies.

It’s a possibility, but I really hope they don’t do that, I’m expecting that the expansion, tells a full story, the battle against Mordremoth, and they leave the living story, for another story that connects this expansion with the next one. (and entertain us during the development time, like the season 1 and 2 has done).

Posted by: nightblood.7910

nightblood.7910

Sure but the actual problem here is that the HYPE started a couple of months ago.

And by now it´s obvious that they haven´t even remotely finished all elites, let alone the major parts of the expansion.

Quite frankly I wouldn´t have logged back in if I knew that the hype was THAT premature.

Well if you havent noticed, they are using a lot of recycled assets to create a quicker deadline.

From using the same icons for skills from GW1 to even using old ideas and old artwork they had laying around.

They are doing a lot of shortcuts. But I do remember Anet taking forever to release gw2 from their first announcement of it. Years in fact.

So if this gets released this year, Id say they have improved greatly.

Posted by: pandorasbox.6340

pandorasbox.6340

I’m going to tell you a secret.

The game will come out when it comes out. Whether or not ArenaNet tells you when that date is two months or ten months in advance, the date on which the game releases will not change.

It’ll release when it’s done. When they know when that’s gonna be, they’ll tell us. Until then, anything they said would just be a falsehood that would get hurled back into their teeth by the slobbering barbarians who populate these forums. Why should they open themselves up to that when the majority of the playerbase is in on the ‘When It’s Ready’ joke.

Which isn’t a joke because it’s the flippin’ truth. Settle your jimmies. It’ll come out when it comes out. In the meantime do other stuff.

I’ll tell you a secret. I already know that. I’ll tell you another secret. They have it within their power to give us an ETA. I can’t live “it comes when it comes”. Take the Kickstarter project Greedmonger. It is now never coming out and the backers are preparing a lawsuit. Those people got tired of waiting.

I am not saying grab your torches and pitchforks, but as an Anet example I started hearing about Guild Wars 2 coming in 2008. It got released in 2012. That is a long time. A long time for me to sit on info. I just don’t want to see that happen here.

I like the guys that are saying it’s coming in summer but no later then September. That is something I can live with. As far as I can tell it is official speculation. Did Anet give that window tho?

Posted by: met.9653

met.9653

Well hype for HoT is gone, no one cares about expantion maybe expect current gw2 players.
I guess anet made error to announced expack so early but hey, what they supposed to do?
Say nothing for whole 2015 and risk big player base reduction or announce expack that is no way near ready to launch? Both option are bad right ;D ?

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

I’ll tell you a secret[…]I can’t live “it comes when it comes”.

The truth is… if Anet doesn’t give me my game now… I WILL DIE!
My organs are already failing.
Soon it will be too late… (pained gasping)

Come on now, OP. You can too live. Play another game. Read a book. Sing a song. Go smell the roses.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

well, for now, just get all your toons unlock all the skill challenges, and be ready for the next update, when HoT comes out you have the extra points for the elite specialization. don’t worry, HoT will come out the summer, most likely end of august… until then, enjoy the current state of the game…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: DevilLordLaser.8619

DevilLordLaser.8619

I’ll tell you a secret. I already know that. I’ll tell you another secret. They have it within their power to give us an ETA. I can’t live “it comes when it comes”. Take the Kickstarter project Greedmonger. It is now never coming out and the backers are preparing a lawsuit. Those people got tired of waiting.

I am not saying grab your torches and pitchforks, but as an Anet example I started hearing about Guild Wars 2 coming in 2008. It got released in 2012. That is a long time. A long time for me to sit on info. I just don’t want to see that happen here.

I like the guys that are saying it’s coming in summer but no later then September. That is something I can live with. As far as I can tell it is official speculation. Did Anet give that window tho?

So it honestly doesn’t matter to you when the release date is, so long as you have a date?

You’d be perfectly okay with ArenaNet telling people that Heart of Thorns will, definitively, launch before September, 2020?

Come ON, dude! Listen to yourself! “I don’t care when the date actually is, but if I don’t know the date I’m going to scream!” How does that make any sense whatsoever? if you’re prepared to wait for whatever date they set, then why do you need to know?

Adngel.9786

The situation is totally different, and all is explained in the making of Guild Wars 2.

In Guild Wars 1, Areanet had the plan to go releasing new expansions every 6 months, and they did it with Factions, Nightfall, and they were preparing their next expansion, Utopia, however, the plans and ideas collided with the GW1 mechanics, so they decided go to GW2 and its persistent world. But, what would happens with all those fans of GW1 that were waiting for the next expansions every 6 months?, the company, was not such big as to go developing GW2 more new campaigns periodically, so they thought the best would be announce GW2 to explain the why they were not going to continue with the campaigns plan. That was a risky step because the announcement, was done on very early stages of the project. So yes, it the waiting was more “visual” when everyone knew what were they doing.

Here with the expansion, they didn’t started it in January, nor in Augoust, it started a couple of years ago, and the announcement came this January. I suposse that because they had plans to release it between 6 or 9 months.

About the temptative date, along April, Ncsoft finished their fiscal year and forecast predictions, they mention that the GW2 expansion is expected to be released in the 2 quarter of the fiscal year (it’s to say, July – Augoust – September) and shows how they are expecting a huge increment in the Guild Wars sales, which is by the way the second best seller game of Ncsoft after Lineage.

I’m pretty sure that on the E3, they will do the full announcement (they are not going to come and say the date here on a forum post, not a simple blog, when they have the chance to make a proper announcement of it in the event).

Posted by: Automaton.4926

Automaton.4926

What makes you entitled brats think they have a date for you? Seriously is this how you act at school or at work? They don’t have to tell you kitten and you should be lucky they show you the stuff they are working on.

Whoa calm down. Seriously Is that how you act at school or at work?

If OP came into my work place with his deluded sense of entitlement.. yea that is how i would act. Did he think that anet has given a date but he rather ask on the forums instead of just googling it? Or did he think they would reveal the date for everyone right here because he had a little cry over it?

Posted by: AlexanderFalkor.4765

AlexanderFalkor.4765

has anyone ever thought that they planned to announce the release date at ea 3 as a total surprise that’s why there’s been no indication?

Posted by: Chista.4750

Chista.4750

Quite possible, E3 is a huge gameshow, it’d be a great way to get it out to new audience.

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

has anyone ever thought that they planned to announce the release date at ea 3 as a total surprise that’s why there’s been no indication?

There’s been many mentions of it being possible. We all hope they do, but either way most companies will not announce the date of when they are going to announce a date.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’ve considered it to be a possibility, have said as much myself. Admittedly, I still think its unlikely.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

Pre-purchases could start during E3. Warm-up your wallets!

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Given how desperate most gaming news outlets are the rest of the year (and thus willing to heaviliy showcase anything they can get their hands on) vs. how glutted they are at E3, I’ve always thought that releasing news there is about as clever as spitting into a hurricane…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

(edited by Nike.2631)

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Well if its not within the 3rd quarter then Iam out, never gonna wait 3y for an Expansion. SwTor getting its 3rd Exp now, RifT has 3 already and what Teso already despite launched a year later… nah Gw2 isnt that good. But if HoT comes in Aug-Sep then I give it a try until I move on… I meen 3y and we get abit of Jungle ? I would have expected a new Continent by now tbh.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Empty threat is empty. You’ll buy it when it arrives – not sooner or later. If you play something else in the meantime, so what? None of those other games are churning out activities as fast as a person who plays at least 4 MMOs can chew through it.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

I only play 1 MMO at a time and it wasnt a threat, most I know have left the game and iam barely hanging on… 3y is way to long for a 1st Exp. and you know it.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It’s not that long when you consider that the game hasn’t been static. We’ve had world changes, game system changes, new events, new zones. Three years in the same state as original launch would be mind-numbing, yes, but there really have been changes all along.

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

It would be a bad move. Considering the amount of big announcements during E3, the release date of an expansion with next to no content for an old, small MMORPG would be at best a footnote.

It would be wiser for ArenaNet to announce the release date far, far away from E3.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

It would be a bad move. Considering the amount of big announcements during E3, the release date of an expansion with next to no content…

You got a list of exactly what’s going to be in the expac?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

most likely, especially when the competition (SWTOR) are making E3 moves…

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

I find it unlikely that they would give any solid dates… perhaps pre-purchases (and/or betas) and at most something vague like “coming for the holidays” or whatnot. I think even that is being too optimistic.

Remember that this is not ANet exclusive event thingy (as in they are part of that whole PC Gamer thing at E3), based on that alone I would temper expectations somewhat.

If they want to make a splash they could do it, but it seems rather mixed/contradictory messaging from what we have been given up until now.

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

I heard it’s better to have a release date and/or release content before the game dies.

Not sure if true.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

SWTOR just got the release date for their 4th(!!!) expansion… It was launched at the same time as GW2…

Any chance we’ll get the release date for our first expansion soon?

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

Yes probably 2 days b4 release.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

You forgot to put the ™ at the end of Soon™ in your title, OP!

Seriously though, I suspect the reason why we don’t know a release, is because ArenaNet don’t have a release date yet. They want to make sure they got everything right before committing it seems.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: FalconBeta.9185

FalconBeta.9185

Pre-order is up

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

They announced pre-purchasing (buy.guildwars2.com), but no release date. ~3 months from now is likely.

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

And some beta schedules?

Since the game is going on pre-purchase, wouldn’t it make sense to reveal these two things as well?

Posted by: yakuza snowdragon.4639

yakuza snowdragon.4639

Just wondering if next beta date is known.

Also I have my own guild, gave up recruiting or trying to keep it alive when so many left game 6-12 months after launch but my concern is, will I be able to solo claim my own guild? I want to be some powerful old hermit living in my own hall, is that too much to ask?

Posted by: Johaocarl.5430

Johaocarl.5430

I just want play it…

João Carlos

Posted by: Bris.7984

Bris.7984

Go play tetris,kid ! It’s better! Stop wasting your familly cash on bad marketing!

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

I just want play it…

December 21, 2015

Posted by: Vincent.5712

Vincent.5712

Based on the dates mentioned in the latest player letter, I would guess August:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pre-purchase-community-address/

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

Regardless of when it is, I find it disturbing that people are so willing to pre-purchase something with no release date. Hopefully after the community address they will reveal that soon. Wouldn’t a proper release date encourage sales? If you’re doing beta weekends then why isn’t a release date set in stone and ready to be announced?

I used to scoff at people who would try to encourage others not to pre-order a game, especially since it is becoming an industry standard to push this but now….maybe the consumer really would benefit more from waiting a while.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Considering the pre-order “fix” ends July 31st, I’m guessing they are hoping for a launch on the game’s 3rd anniversary.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

YOU CAN´T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

Lol XD