Guild Wars 2 HoT Release Date? [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

well they used to tell us will have legendary armor… where is it now???

GuildWars2

In case you missed it on our livestream from #gamescom2015 this morning: #GW2HoT will be launching in 2015. ~RB2

Source

Source? I’m pretty sure they said they would look into it.
I have a source from The Colin saying:

You won’t see legendary armor any time soon, you will see Ascended Armor in 2013 for sure though, yes.

Posted by: Wwefan.4982

Wwefan.4982

It will be releasing HoT this year and with pax just one week away I am confident we will get a release date with the last feature of HoT challenging group content.

Sylvari mean

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

CoD and AC are pretty much rehashes of existing games. HoT is actual new content with new mechanics and stuff.

Seriously, it hasn’t even been a year and people are complaining. Most pre-releases I’ve gone through had been longer than a year.

Kids these days…

Please, MMORPG companies with much smaller income streams then GW2 used to put out huge expansion with new features and game play element on a year basis. Dark Age of Camelot and Mythic comes to mind first and foremost tiny company used to spit out big expansions on a year basis. For whatever reason A-net and GW2 take forever to do anything. This thing will have been in the works for proably two years by the time its released.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

CoD and AC are pretty much rehashes of existing games. HoT is actual new content with new mechanics and stuff.

Seriously, it hasn’t even been a year and people are complaining. Most pre-releases I’ve gone through had been longer than a year.

Kids these days…

Please, MMORPG companies with much smaller income streams then GW2 used to put out huge expansion with new features and game play element on a year basis. Dark Age of Camelot and Mythic comes to mind first and foremost tiny company used to spit out big expansions on a year basis. For whatever reason A-net and GW2 take forever to do anything. This thing will have been in the works for proably two years by the time its released.

As far as I’m aware, the income stream goes to NCsoft, and Anet works off of a budget from that.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I still think January is the best bet. They will shoot for a release near the end of November, but it will get pushed back to January due to the Holiday’s and “making sure it is polished for release”

Then it will be another month at least before the game breaking bugs are fixed and it is actually playable in its entirety.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I have no doubt that it will be coming out late in Q3 or early Q4 (although something like ‘tomorrow’ would obviously be better). It is not just a technical issue but a PR one as well. You do not want to deliver a bad product to customers/clients but at the same time you do not want to deliver a late one. December 31 is like a price ending in 99, it just seems like a magical number and 1 day later would have people saying “it is the next year”. If it has to be late you had better have an awfully good reason and game companies notoriously are bad at communicating things like that.

(edited by Menadena.7482)

Posted by: MadOtaku.8532

MadOtaku.8532

They said their not beta testing the maps, meaning they are actually planning to release it with loads of potential bugs. This is fine as long as they actively fix them following release. Since they decided this all they have to do is make it playable in the next few months and bam release it.

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

No MMO launches flawlessly whether the core or an expac

That said its been three years and through those three years I still find it puzzling that people take everything Anet says as absolute fact. If HoT wasn’t an expac I could almost guarantee we still wouldn’t have any word on pre cursor crafting let alone new legendaries.

All that aside I’m think in the midst of the holiday season so some time after October when the game will be buried in holiday sales and releases. If anything January is a quieter month as MMO’s don’t typically launch during those hectic times so a January release would mean some of there advertisement money will actually hit peoples ears instead of being drowned out as the hundredth ad/sale they’ve seen that very day.

Also I’m a Star Wars nerd so limited edition consoles, merchandise, games, and even a Star Wars movie this holiday so I might be on swtor during that time basking in the nerd so I really really would like a September release for HoT but I know that isn’t going to happen…

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

They said their not beta testing the maps, meaning they are actually planning to release it with loads of potential bugs. This is fine as long as they actively fix them following release. Since they decided this all they have to do is make it playable in the next few months and bam release it.

They aren’t testing them in open beta, that doesn’t mean these maps aren’t being beta tested.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Posted by: JUN YANG.4328

JUN YANG.4328

well if you guys thinking CoD & AC is not comparable or its not and good example.

back to GW1, release Apr 28 2005, Faction Apr 28 2006, Night fall October 27 2006.

From Apr 28 2005 to October 2006. a year and 4 month 2 expansion. so that mean for HOT. At this stage should be developed at lease the size of Faction.
is HOT larger then faction now?

JUN YANG.4328

here the news on July 18 2013 : “Looking Ahead GW2 plans for rest of 2013”

“Legendary Gear and Precursors
We aren’t quite ready to go into all the details here, but what I can say is you will see a specific way to build precursor items on your way to a legendary. On top of this, you’ll also see new legendary weapons and new types of legendary gear in 2013……”

maybe i miss understanding about meaning of gear and armor. so where is the legendary gear now??? new legendary weapon on 2013? where? u guys seen it?

ascended is NOT legendary

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Uh, the announced legendary backpacks would be new types of Legendary gear.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

From Apr 28 2005 to October 2006. a year and 4 month 2 expansion. so that mean for HOT. At this stage should be developed at lease the size of Faction.

Give up, expecting people to be reasonable is way too much. They will tell you that you cannot compare GW2 with the original GW (despite how they were similar games in the same universe by the same studio), and will refuse to compare GW2 with any other game (other than saying that Blizzard also charges ridiculous prices for their expansions, so somehow ArenaNet should be allowed to ask an absurd price for what is basically an overglorified DLC).

Answering your question, ArenaNet will have to release HoT in 2015 because they need the money. Why do you think they were so desperate to ask people to pay in full for a game without a release date? Even Kickstarter requires people to specify a release date before asking people to back something up, but ArenaNet stood so low to not say even that when they began their prepurchase.

GW2’s earnings have been falling almost nonstop since release. ArenaNet is likely desperate to make money and thus the very hushed “expansion” they are about to release, with very few maps, poorly implemented specializations (the tempest and the hunter are a joke), with a half new profession (revenant has less skills than anyone else and has the most rigid playstyle in the entire game), and with – LOOOOOL – only 3 new legendaries.

And when ArenaNet says they will add more legendaries “later”, people actually believe it, ignoring how they had already promised we would have seen new legendaries (and even new kinds of legendaries) to be released in 2013… And now, two years later, still nothing.

Uhu. Too bad…

• 2015 is not 2013
  • A new type of legendary item is not “new types”, plural, of legendary items

(edited by Test.8734)

Posted by: ThatDamnRat.1236

ThatDamnRat.1236

seriously. i dont know how hard this gona be? they announce HOT. since Jan 24. 2015. before that. they took 3 month long break. this suppose to be preparation for HOT.
and since Jan 2015 there is NO living story updated.
well they do updated the licons arch. i dont know u guys. but i am not a very big fans of it. and some mini and outfit.

let said they started the project on last year Sept. that’s almost a year. not even finish. God…

Well ACTIVISION release COD every year, Ubisoft release Assassin’s Creed every year.

IS HOT more graphic, more game play, more storyline then those game?

very disappointed.

You should never aspire to be Activision or Ubisoft. And yes HOT will involve more work than CoD and probably more than kitten Creed too, and without the enormous budgets and huge temp staff pools those companies can pull in with their bloated budgets. And I’ll remind you that the last Assassin’s Creed game was a barely functional mess.

Posted by: Gabriel.9815

Gabriel.9815

no worrys if HoT isn’t out before winter there is always Blade & Soul to tie us over till its ready

JUN YANG.4328

Thats my plan if HoT not out before Blade & Soul, i am gona drop off GW2

i am expecting Blade & Soul as well. i used play the chinese version. thats is so awesome. because i am in oversea using chinese sever.. its so laggy. thats why i gave up.

no worrys if HoT isn’t out before winter there is always Blade & Soul to tie us over till its ready

JUN YANG.4328

i don’t know what their marketing department thinking. i understand they keep making outfit, mini is sucking money. but by setting HoT price that high. this just push the veteran away. lots of players already left or break time. part of them are waiting for HOT to get back. i am sure by looking at that price they will just gone forever.

they combine gw2,HoT in 1 game is try to get some fresh blood. but don’t forgot gw2 still a 3 years old game and Hot still an expansion. for those people have known about gw2 still what is it. it won’t get any more attraction because of HoT.

on other hand. for retail store what they going to do with the original gw2? Bin? don’t forget they already pay the game price.

HoT should focus on Veteran not fresh blood. if they want fresh blood make HoT like faction, and nigh fall.

Give up, expecting people to be reasonable is way too much. They will tell you that you cannot compare GW2 with the original GW (despite how they were similar games in the same universe by the same studio), and will refuse to compare GW2 with any other game (other than saying that Blizzard also charges ridiculous prices for their expansions, so somehow ArenaNet should be allowed to ask an absurd price for what is basically an overglorified DLC).

Answering your question, ArenaNet will have to release HoT in 2015 because they need the money. Why do you think they were so desperate to ask people to pay in full for a game without a release date? Even Kickstarter requires people to specify a release date before asking people to back something up, but ArenaNet stood so low to not say even that when they began their prepurchase.

GW2’s earnings have been falling almost nonstop since release. ArenaNet is likely desperate to make money and thus the very hushed “expansion” they are about to release, with very few maps, poorly implemented specializations (the tempest and the hunter are a joke), with a half new profession (revenant has less skills than anyone else and has the most rigid playstyle in the entire game), and with – LOOOOOL – only 3 new legendaries.

And when ArenaNet says they will add more legendaries “later”, people actually believe it, ignoring how they had already promised we would have seen new legendaries (and even new kinds of legendaries) to be released in 2013… And now, two years later, still nothing.

Uhu. Too bad…

• 2015 is not 2013

(edited by JUN YANG.4328)

Posted by: Brother Dulfite.5793

Brother Dulfite.5793

well if you guys thinking CoD & AC is not comparable or its not and good example.

back to GW1, release Apr 28 2005, Faction Apr 28 2006, Night fall October 27 2006.

This is baffling to me. Are you seriously comparing the development time and cost for gw1 to gw2? Do you realize that gw1 (even when it was new) was nothing in terms of size and scope to other games like it?

It wasn’t an mmo.
The entire world wasn’t linked over massive maps, but small instances ones.
Every map had the exact same thing every time you loaded into it (with a max of 8 or so people).
You couldn’t jump.
There was no vertical movement at all, which means they didn’t have to program freaking air like they do with the gliders.
The massive scope and size of gw2’s Tyria I’d far larger than like all of the 4 original games maps if you time out runs from corner to corner.
They didn’t have to program the game to fit hundreds/thousands of players on the same map.

Gw2 was basically anet taking the Diablo like gw1 and making into a full mmo like wow, which takes a lot more resources and time to make. It is an utter joke to compare the development time between gw1 and gw2 because they aren’t even the same genre.

JUN YANG.4328

well…..die hard fans with no complaints

JUN YANG.4328

can you explain why a same model car 6 years different selling similar price?
have different engine, different shape, different features
because of technology..
Audi release new A4 every 6 years. why can’t compare development time.

This is baffling to me. Are you seriously comparing the development time and cost for gw1 to gw2? Do you realize that gw1 (even when it was new) was nothing in terms of size and scope to other games like it?

It wasn’t an mmo.
The entire world wasn’t linked over massive maps, but small instances ones.
Every map had the exact same thing every time you loaded into it (with a max of 8 or so people).
You couldn’t jump.
There was no vertical movement at all, which means they didn’t have to program freaking air like they do with the gliders.
The massive scope and size of gw2’s Tyria I’d far larger than like all of the 4 original games maps if you time out runs from corner to corner.
They didn’t have to program the game to fit hundreds/thousands of players on the same map.

Gw2 was basically anet taking the Diablo like gw1 and making into a full mmo like wow, which takes a lot more resources and time to make. It is an utter joke to compare the development time between gw1 and gw2 because they aren’t even the same genre.

(edited by JUN YANG.4328)

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

well…..die hard fans with no complaints

this has nothing to do with that. You are comparing 2 things that cannot be compared, you are pulling promises of Arenanet out of your kitten , and you are saying things without info on them.

We can have a healthy discussion about this game, as seen in many other threads. However making things up and just being completely nuts in your comparing doesn’t help you one bit.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

JUN YANG.4328

i making things up?
did anet given information about legendary on 2013 ?

“On top of this, you’ll also see new legendary weapons and new types of legendary gear in 2013”

where the hell is it NOW???
please explain this….

just like ur boss telling u will get pay rise on 2013. and 2 year after nothing happen…what you think about this.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Did you, perhaps, miss the post/announcement about why the Legendary weapons/gear would be delayed?

What has that to do with the thread title, anyway? Yes, Heart of Thorns will be released in 2015, as stated.

Good luck.

JUN YANG.4328

delate = never?

back to the topic. my point is they announce release on 2015, doesn’t mean they will keep their promise. recording history.

we all Good luck with HoT will release on 2015.

Did you, perhaps, miss the post/announcement about why the Legendary weapons/gear would be delayed?

What has that to do with the thread title, anyway? Yes, Heart of Thorns will be released in 2015, as stated.

Good luck.

Posted by: NetherDiver.6079

NetherDiver.6079

Surprised this thread got this far. Keep feeding that trole.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

^You are right. My bad.

Posted by: Brother Dulfite.5793

Brother Dulfite.5793

Ok, I’ll no longer feed… So anyway… I started work at my new job a week and a half ago. It’s awesome!

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Uhu. Too bad…

• 2015 is not 2013

First: In an interview (think it was with Matt Visual, you can find it on youtube), Colin states that we would be getting one legendary item (regarding the blog announcement), and it would be an accessory. A ring, or a backpiece, etc. They hadn’t determined what at that time, but it would only be one piece of the new ‘legendary gear’.

Second: In October/November of 2013, Colin gave us a post stating that the legendary gear would not meet their end of the year projection. (Not surprised, kitten happens in development) So we knew we weren’t getting it then.

Yes, I’m peeved that we got left out in the dark regarding anything after those facts were given, but that wasn’t unexpected either. However, if you want to start getting snippy about what they said they would or wouldn’t do, please verify information that came after that blog post you are referencing to support your argument.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

We are probably 4+ weeks of news before the release.
Unless they skip some weeks.

3 elite specs + PAX with the “challenging group content” reveal

Unless they don’t want to make weekly reveals for events, beta weekends, new maps or other stuff.

So release is probably going to happen between October and the end of the year.

EDIT: crap, I forgot the new craft announcement xD

(edited by Kidel.2057)

LanfearShadowflame.3189

So release is probably going to happen between October and the end of the year.

I agree with that assessment. I’m leaning towards Mid to Late November personally, to give time for beta weekends, feedback implementation, and (of course) Halloween. I think if they miss that window, January may be a better option than December due to holiday down time.

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

Didn’t they mention somewhere that it would release by end of summer 2015?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Didn’t they mention somewhere that it would release by end of summer 2015?

You are conflating two things. One, a dev at a conference for devs referred to release “this summer” and two, at GamesCom the devs made a big point that release will be in 2015.

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

crap, I forgot the new craft announcement xD
Scribe, right?

LanfearShadowflame.3189

crap, I forgot the new craft announcement xD
Scribe, right?

Yeah, I think that’s what the Guild Crafting is called.