Guild hall decoration requests!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Ropedragon.4923

Ropedragon.4923

Today I, with the help of the medium-sized RP guild I’m a member of, managed to claim the guild hall and was overwhelmed with the number of choices we had to make it our own with furniture and design our own rooms as a result. Adore that, in fact it’s one of the only times a game has exceeded my hype.

BUT there is a crucial element missing!

Why are there no beds? Asuran sized beds, human sized beds, double beds, norn beds! Why can’t we make bedrooms with actual beds!?

It’s a very minor gripe but people being able to directly claim a room as their own is really gratifying for a guild. Plus, with my guild (The Ashen chapter) being a Vigil guild, we’d really like to have large barracks for the 40 or so troops we need to house. I’d love to see this added as soon as possible or to know if it’s something in the works already!

Hope to hear back.
- Ropedragon

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I hadn’t seen that feedback before. Thanks for sharing the suggestion.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Many games now are actually allowing interaction with various game props and scenery, such as interactions with benches to sit on them, beds to sleep in them, and so on.

Interactable scenery would be fantastic for both the RP and casual “sit around and chat a lot” community.

Interactive guild hall decorations would be epic

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Ropedragon.4923

Aye, interractive would be amazing. Though, Tyrians don’t seem to understand how to use chairs, illustrated by the fact that they use one as a shield in the new weapon set. Beds, however, can be emoted on and used immediately, thus they don’t need to be made interactive!

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

Outhouses would be good too. My character has been holding it since core game launch. Please let him release his burden.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Outhouses? We don’t have outhouses. We use sewers to let it all flow into the bay.

On topic: Beds aren’t a thing? You already have bed models in game! Many of them not usable, eg the canopied beds in the manor in DR, but still. Interactive or not, there should be a good array of furnishings to suit everything a guild member might do in the home base, including bunking down for a good kip.

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I say no to this suggestion because it is a waste of development time.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Do we get to say no to some things you would like implemented because we think it would be a waste of time?

I see that in https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Build-Saving-Stronghold-Deathmatch/first#post5622204 you suggested a few things for Stronghold. Sounds like it would take some development time to change how door guards and supply dropping works. Those of us who likely will never play Stronghold would rather the resources went to our own concerns.

Unless, of course, we understand that different things matter to different people and that having more furniture choices to allow more robust use of the deep decorating system already in place would be welcome by some people who don’t happen to be you, while refining Stronghold gameplay will no doubt make other people (such as you) happy and thus would also be worth doing.

Posted by: DBZVelena.5186

DBZVelena.5186

Today I, with the help of the medium-sized RP guild I’m a member of, managed to claim the guild hall and was overwhelmed with the number of choices we had to make it our own with furniture and design our own rooms as a result. Adore that, in fact it’s one of the only times a game has exceeded my hype.

Why are there no beds? Asuran sized beds, human sized beds, double beds, norn beds! Why can’t we make bedrooms with actual beds!?

It’s a very minor gripe but people being able to directly claim a room as their own is really gratifying for a guild. Plus, with my guild (The Ashen chapter) being a Vigil guild, we’d really like to have large barracks for the 40 or so troops we need to house. I’d love to see this added as soon as possible or to know if it’s something in the works already!

Hope to hear back.
- Ropedragon

Congrats to The Ashen Chapter for succesfully claiming your guild hall.

And I agree we need beds!
our Guild The Splinter warband is preparing our own assault for a guild hall. But once we have it, we’ll need a medic ward for our soldiers. And ya just can’t use the floor for that.
But in an emergancy I guess we could use tables with rugs on them.
Still i hope those beds will get added soon.

Proud Medic of the Splinter Warband. PM me to know more.

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Do we get to say no to some things you would like implemented because we think it would be a waste of time?

I see that in https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Build-Saving-Stronghold-Deathmatch/first#post5622204 you suggested a few things for Stronghold. Sounds like it would take some development time to change how door guards and supply dropping works. Those of us who likely will never play Stronghold would rather the resources went to our own concerns.

Unless, of course, we understand that different things matter to different people and that having more furniture choices to allow more robust use of the deep decorating system already in place would be welcome by some people who don’t happen to be you, while refining Stronghold gameplay will no doubt make other people (such as you) happy and thus would also be worth doing.

You can say No to that because of wasted development time if you want. You’ll be another person in line that says that.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Lord Krilik.3692

Lord Krilik.3692

Can we rename this to indicate that it’s a thread to suggest extra Guild Hall decorations? Then everyone can chip in with the kinds of items they would like to see?

Lord Krilik.3692

Hope to hear back.
- Ropedragon

I keep trying to find an RP guild but can’t get any of them to invite me. Is there a trick to it? Do you guys welcome new additions by any chance? I also have some friends who may be interested.

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

Bizzare they would respond to such a weird request.

Ropedragon.4923

Can we rename this to indicate that it’s a thread to suggest extra Guild Hall decorations? Then everyone can chip in with the kinds of items they would like to see?

Done!

I keep trying to find an RP guild but can’t get any of them to invite me. Is there a trick to it? Do you guys welcome new additions by any chance? I also have some friends who may be interested.

Of course! We’re called the Ashen chapter. A medium to heavy RP guild and we’re always looking for new members :P

Our site: http://theashenchapter.enjin.com/

In the center bar, there’s a button called “recruitment” that will take you to our application forum.

Ropedragon.4923

Back on topic, though, I’d really like to see Asuran lab equipment be added some time down the line. I reckon there’s a treasure trove of in game assets from previous areas that could be put into furniture/decorations.

Lord Krilik.3692

Back on topic, though, I’d really like to see Asuran lab equipment be added some time down the line. I reckon there’s a treasure trove of in game assets from previous areas that could be put into furniture/decorations.

I’d really like to see them build on Guild Halls by making more and more based on themes and locations. An Asuran themed Guild Hall would be cool. A mix of Jungle, Tech and Caves to reflect the locations where we typically see them in the franchise.

Lord Krilik.3692

Some things I’d like to see:

• Beds / Sleeping quarters
  • Saunas
  • Interactable objects (seats, campfires, etc)
  • Amphitheatre/stage area (Guilds can put on music shows using gemstore instruments)
  • Moving parts (such as lifts, escalators)
  • Mini-game areas

I’ll keep thinking on it.

Posted by: Scientia.8924

Scientia.8924

I was extremely surprised to not see beds included in decorations

That would be a great addition to making us feel at home in the guild hall (and I’m not even an RPer)

What if HoT turns out to be the Mordrem Invasion event, x100?

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Got our hall last night, and looking through the options I was a little dissapointed with the lack of hut/housing assets. The tents are cool, but given the, quite frankly, MASSIVE (great job arenanet!) amount of usable decoration area I think it would be great if some of the smaller hut/house assets could be repurposed to function as decorations.

Seems to be right up there with the kind of stuff the scribing notebook (did that make it in? haven’t started scribing yet) can cover. There’s a lot of water in the gilded hollow and I’d love to spruce up some of our beaches with those southsun assets.

In fact, I think a great way to go about suggestions at the moment is just to address the same sort of “low hanging fruit” just by looking at assets already in the game. The art on those is already done so they’d be faster to implement, mostly needing design of crafting interactions.

With regional assets, maybe even tying them in to regional currencies/items could give another shot of vitality to core tyria alongside the map reward system? E.G. map reward tracks for, say, the shiverpeaks rewarded shiverpeaks badges needed to produce any norn style shiverpeaks decorations?

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Would be cool to have some lighting decorations too – like a ‘glow bug’ lantern for example.

Also it would be nice to have a way of showing some weapons you’ve unlocked like in GW1 hall of monuments. Perhaps have legendaries you’ve unlocked on display? Or for example, with Bifrost, you could unlock a painting that you can hang on a wall, and the picture is actually animated, like you’re looking into another world. It could have a day and night cycle and everything!

The guild I’m in is only a very small guild but it’s nice because it’s more 1 on 1 conversation than some of the bigger guilds, but anyway what I’m getting at is the decision we’ve come to where we’ll all decide on a piece of land/area in the Guild Hall (gilded hollow in our case) that will be our own personal space. So things like this would be perfect for setting up your own weapon/armor display case/s, showing what you’ve accomplished etc.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Would be cool to have some lighting decorations too – like a ‘glow bug’ lantern for example.

Also it would be nice to have a way of showing some weapons you’ve unlocked like in GW1 hall of monuments. Perhaps have legendaries you’ve unlocked on display? Or for example, with Bifrost, you could unlock a painting that you can hang on a wall, and the picture is actually animated, like you’re looking into another world. It could have a day and night cycle and everything!

The guild I’m in is only a very small guild but it’s nice because it’s more 1 on 1 conversation than some of the bigger guilds, but anyway what I’m getting at is the decision we’ve come to where we’ll all decide on a piece of land/area in the Guild Hall (gilded hollow in our case) that will be our own personal space. So things like this would be perfect for setting up your own weapon/armor display case/s, showing what you’ve accomplished etc.

I like the idea of weapon and armor stands. Just a recipie for the stand itself, and a recipie of stand+item for the decoration.

This seems like some more easy to implement re-use of existing assets for great effect. How cool would it be to have a “legendary armory” to encourage people to craft legendaries they can’t even use, or an epic shrine to raid completion with the boss statue surrounded by every skin her drops. Heck, how about little terrariums for minis too? than you can toss the minis in there.

Or, wait… what if minis could just plain be “set free” in the hall as decorations and added removed from an anchoring “food bowl” object?

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ