Guild trying for Lost Precipice. Tips wanted.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Greetings.

We are a small guild attempting to claim Lost Precipice.

We will have 5-6 people running the mission.

We plan to start the mission with most of us in a central location to be able to reach the first spawn(which in our first 3 attempts spawned almost as far away from the start as possible) quickly.

We are planning to go in as a group and scout out/learn the area a bit better before our next attempt.

We are not opposed to asking for extra help, and have offers if we need them…but we’re just really trying to do this ourselves.

We would like to hear from anyone with tips on how to accomplish this and perhaps things to avoid.

Thanks to all in advance.

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

You shouldn’t need help to do it. Focus the vinetenders first, since they keep the thing you’re trying to kill alive, then burn it down as fast as possible. You can try as many times as you like until you get it, so just have at it.

Good luck.

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

It’s no more difficult than a regular dungeon.

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Right…we did manage to kill some of the Vinetenders, and even a couple Maws.

Just as a side note…we did this without reading up on the wiki ro anything like that, as we wanted it to be a complete surprise…and it worked…lol

Any suggestions on what works best…a focused DPS group or perhaps some DPS with some AoE mixed in?

Hadn’t ran into those Mordrem that are invulnerable except when they kneel before(they wrecked us the first time as they were a complete surprise ), so those gave us a curve ball initially, but now we know how to deal with them.

Also any tips on reaching odd spawn locations quickly?

Thanks again!

I do because I can
I can because I want to

Vayne.8563

It really is all about survival combined with killing quickly. Once you kill the maw, the other creatures despawn, so vintenders and maw. DPS is really the key.

As far as getting to other locations quickly it’s pretty much what you’d expect. If everyone has updraft use it’s better for Lost Precipice. A lot of it is just the luck of the spawns, but it’s definitely doable.

Use consumables, like food and utilities as well. If people have trouble surviving, try mango pie for food.

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Cool…thanks for the Mango Pie tip. We did make sure we all had Updraft before going in…that did make it a little better.

Yeah…luck of the spawns was killing us…we would get to the first one, beat it, and the next would spawn absolutely on the opposite side of the map form where we were…seemed like we couldn’t get a close-by spawn if we had offered to buy it…lol

I do because I can
I can because I want to

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Sounds like RNG is not helping you there. I’ve helped take a few halls (my own guild did Lost Precipice). As long as everyone has good mobility and updraft use and knows the pathing, you should be able to get to the next spawn, ctrl-T the vinetenders to focus them down, then mow down the vine while avoiding dying to the mobs. 6 or 7 people should be able to do it. You want to cap at … 9? … so you continue to only get one vine spawn at a time.

Do you need another person to help out? I can come in game and join you (on NA). I don’t have to be in your guild, just partied with a guild member.

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Appreciate the offer. We are not currently attempting, and some are at work and some at school (our kids are in our Guild as well ).

I do agree, the pathing to get from place to place is key for beating the timers.

I do because I can
I can because I want to

Posted by: Zohane.7208

Zohane.7208

A slight word of advice: bring lots of hard CC, the end boss has a huge breakbar that you have to take down quite fast.

Gunnar’s Hold
Guild Leader for Tyria Liberation Council [TLC]

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

You should be able to pull it off with your group, it might take a few extra tries just because of the RNG nature of where the maws spawn. It’s pretty straightforward, burn the tenders, then the maw, then move quickly to the next maw, and kill the boss at the end.

I helped someopne claim and we pulled it off with extreme luck on close maw spawns with three people, though most claims I’ve helped on were in the 6-8 people range.

The only reason you should really fail is if the mission decides to spawn several maws in a row extremely far away from each other, or if some of your claiming party doesn’t have updrafts/mushrooms unlocked, and thus takes way longer than they should to get to new maws. Past that, you just have to not be awful at PvE.

It doesn’t cost anything to make new attempts, just just hit it with your group until you complete it. Good luck!

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

PopeUrban.2578

A slight word of advice: bring lots of hard CC, the end boss has a huge breakbar that you have to take down quite fast.

Or you can ignore the breakbar and just range him to death. Plenty of time to kill him, but the breakbar witll of course make it go a lot faster. Lost Precipice is the easier of the two halls to fight him on because you have some pillars to LOS around when he does his axe spin attack, while in Gilded Hollow it’s a flat platform with not much to use for cover.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory

Posted by: zxstanyxz.8769

zxstanyxz.8769

biggest things are having a couple of guys with some decent CC & making sure everyone has the updraft mastery,

the first time we got to the end boss it took forever for those of us without updraft to get to the boss losign lots of time, and instantly 1 or more of us got knocked off the platform and took 2+ minutes to get back there without updraft

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

in terms of how many people youre bringing:

having exactly 9 people will make it easiest. more people to run around the map and only 1 breacher spawns, but when you have 10 you start spawning 2 breachers at once.

doing it with 2-3 people isnt really possible because the mobs dont scale a whole lot and you just wont have enough dps. 5-6 should definitely not be too difficult once you know how to get around the map a little, but 8-9 will make it easy.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

PopeUrban.2578

in terms of how many people youre bringing:

having exactly 9 people will make it easiest. more people to run around the map and only 1 breacher spawns, but when you have 10 you start spawning 2 breachers at once.

doing it with 2-3 people isnt really possible because the mobs dont scale a whole lot and you just wont have enough dps. 5-6 should definitely not be too difficult once you know how to get around the map a little, but 8-9 will make it easy.

False. I have done it with 3 people. You have to get really lucky on the breacher spawns.

Posted by: Thamriyell.5490

Thamriyell.5490

Vine Tendrils on the first part, glide past most mobs if possible, pop AoE heals and party buffs if you can, and use Ranged weapons on the last guy, he does a bladestorm ability that also throws ranged axes at everyone in a circle. Use the stone pillars to try to avoid the axes being tossed in your face. If you have a Chronimancer, use one of their wells to nullify their damage.

Its easy, good luck and have fun getting the Guild Hall!

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thanks for all the tips. We are planning to give it another go this weekend. All of this info has helped us plan a bit better.

This is what our gaming community is about.

I do because I can
I can because I want to

Vayne.8563

Let us know how it goes please. And good luck!

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Here’s the long overdue update:

Our first 3 attempts with 5 people were learning experiences.

We learned well.

The next night, same 5 people, and on our first run…we took it.

I did happen to be the lucky one that was chased down by the final boss so he could jump up and down on my head a few times…so I was dead when we defeated him. I had defended our Ele and he decided he didn’t like me too much. He chased me into a corner, which worked against him as the rest of our Krew locked him in and finished him off. lol

Thankfully many of us are hoarders by nature, so we were able to Tier 1 each GH Building very quickly. (waiting an aurillium and Favor was our only time gates.)

Now like many begins the long process of upgrading with a small member Guild.

Thanks to all for the tips and advice…it did help us out on accomplishing this goal all on our own.

I do because I can
I can because I want to

(edited by Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209)

Vayne.8563

Gratz! Thanks for the update.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Gratz! Thanks for the update.

Yes, thanks for posting your final results. Congratulations!

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

The initial cap isn’t the hard part so I wouldn’t feel too badly about accepting help with it.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink