Gw2 Hot on mac?

Gw2 Hot on mac?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Oogo.4083

Oogo.4083

will the Mac player finally get out of “Beta” in coming expansion? or we wait for next next expansion? will we ever get a proper server like pc player?

Gw2 Hot on mac?

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

I don’t think they’re working on the mac version at all.
You’re better off just playing the windows version on bootcamp.

Gw2 Hot on mac?

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

You could be doing a lot worse. At least there is a beta Mac client. On the Linux and/or BSD side of the equation, you’re either dualbooting or using WINE. (Although, with CSMT-patched WINE, I do get framerates darned close to what my old Win 8 install ran at …)

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Gw2 Hot on mac?

Posted by: Ajuria.1645

Ajuria.1645

so theres not mac version of HoT coming??

Gw2 Hot on mac?

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

There is absolutely no difference between the Mac Install files and the Windows Install files, the only difference is it’s in a cider wrapper, which is supported on Linux as well but you have to wrap it yourself.

You can literally copy the mac app and paste it into a windows machine and still execute it, I’ve done it myself many times; this is why it will always be in beta, because it’s really nothing else.

Gw2 Hot on mac?

Posted by: Tron.3471

Tron.3471

As with most of information about HoT, no one knows anything. So unless you hear it directly from anet, its all speculation. Chase provides some cool info, i’ve never tried that. Ill keep that in mind, i run gw2 on windows and mac as well.

Gw2 Hot on mac?

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

It probably won’t come out of Beta – but I think it’s highly likely that HoT will be available to Macs since the core engine is

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Gw2 Hot on mac?

Posted by: Puls.5867

Puls.5867

It most likely will work with Mac, the core game works on Mac an expansion pack will add onto the core game (:

Tsento – Mesmer | Timcarnate – Revenant | Timigami – Necromancer

Gw2 Hot on mac?

Posted by: Genesis.8572

Genesis.8572

There is absolutely no difference between the Mac Install files and the Windows Install files, the only difference is it’s in a cider wrapper, which is supported on Linux as well but you have to wrap it yourself.

You can literally copy the mac app and paste it into a windows machine and still execute it, I’ve done it myself many times; this is why it will always be in beta, because it’s really nothing else.

There are glitchy problems though that affect Mac users. The game crashing during big battles – WvW and PvE open world and boss fights – is a common complaint.

Will Hawkins (Human Guardian)
Feryl Grimsteel (Charr Engineer)
Tarnished Coast

Gw2 Hot on mac?

Posted by: florida.7540

florida.7540

I have a 2009 imac and suddenly after an update GW2 stopped working (the client wouldn’t start anymore). While customer service said that the computer was too old’ I installed CrossOver and downloaded the Windows version of the game.
The performance and graphics are better than before and I’ve had no problems since.
I can only recommend that solution and stop wondering about the Mac version.

Gw2 Hot on mac?

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

As with most of information about HoT, no one knows anything. So unless you hear it directly from anet, its all speculation.

The mac client has been in beta since the beginning. Anet never fixed any of the problems that come with it. Yeah sure, we don’t “know” but after almost 3 years I think it is safe to say nothing is gonna change, ever.

Install windows on your mac or switch to a windows computer. Those are the only 2 choices.