HOPE - Gift of the Cataylst. WTF.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Xanzo.7421

Xanzo.7421

The collection have been wonderful, exploring the world, killing bosses I haven’t killed for months, its been a wonderful experience. However, when it comes to the last collection for H.O.P.E (the Gift of the Cataylst) I have been filled with nothing but rage because of a single collection objective. You need to kill a champ, a specific champ, this sounds easy; easy until you realise that the champ only spawns when the Lyssa temple event takes too long and she phases. During this phasing she spawns 3 events, the champ is one of these event. Can you see the issue?
Yes, the issue is THE LYSSA EVENT MUST FAIL OR TAKE TOO LONG. This never happens. For the last 3 days I have tried time and time again to get this champ to spawn, but as I think you can guess people will kill her no matter what. I have talked to someone who has this piece of the collection complete. He had to stay up to about 4am to get the objective done. When did the collection turn from collecting items and killing bosses that are lesser done to being hidden behind a wall which can only be overcome is the event fails. I have loved the event but this has seriously annoyed me, I don’t want to have to stay up to a ungodly time of the morning to just complete my collection. “Collections will be a journey” – Anet failed to mention the asking people to have a temple event fail part.

Little Quavers

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

Which champ exactly is this? Only one I can seem to find in the wiki is a Champion Risen Wraith that spawns for the Seal of Union event, and that can spawn in other places, like the final event for Grenth’s altar (assuming of course that it doesn’t have to be that Champ Wraith and no other- noone has filled out H.O.P.E.’s progression on the wiki beyond step 1)

Also, while having to do it on a weekday or sometime between midnight and 5am might still be preferred, I think those events actually start before she phases (assuming that by “phasing” you mean "shuts off all access to where she is until the seal events are successful) and you might be able peel off and get the kill you need before she’s finished off.

That being said, I’m also trying to build H.O.P.E., and the idea that it could require a popular event to do worst than what is normal is not a pleasing thought.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

out of curiosity… did you need to have a td full clear to get the gerent piece? i was part of a successful lane with an overall meta fail and got nothing

the icebrood quaggan also depends on event failure and i almost screwed that up for myself and a couple others (fortunately i was paying attention to chats just enough).

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

out of curiosity… did you need to have a td full clear to get the gerent piece? i was part of a successful lane with an overall meta fail and got nothing

the icebrood quaggan also depends on event failure and i almost screwed that up for myself and a couple others (fortunately i was paying attention to chats just enough).

Support told me that all 4 lanes need to succeed and the item would be in the chest. I’ve been trying to kill this thing for like 5 days now. Nobody is doing it, none of the big guilds are doing anything. I’ve tried to organize a few times now and nobody listens and nuhochs broken and the whole event is a big mess and anet won’t even respond.

Posted by: Stasis.5630

Stasis.5630

Yes it is all four lanes that have to go down. My suggestion would be to utilized squad UI and place down group food for pugs

Also seems to work bests when no more than 15 on nuhoch.

That Lyssa though. Needing an event to take longer on a single instanced megaserver map is not happening during any primetime

Ed Lecoulte // Engineer [DAWN]
Blackgate

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Yes it is all four lanes that have to go down. My suggestion would be to utilized squad UI and place down group food for pugs

Also seems to work bests when no more than 15 on nuhoch.

That Lyssa though. Needing an event to take longer on a single instanced megaserver map is not happening during any primetime

I’d gladly go kill the champion risen wraith again if I could avoid the Gerent.

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

Support told me that all 4 lanes need to succeed and the item would be in the chest. I’ve been trying to kill this thing for like 5 days now. Nobody is doing it, none of the big guilds are doing anything. I’ve tried to organize a few times now and nobody listens and nuhochs broken and the whole event is a big mess and anet won’t even respond.

Not only does Nuhoch have a scaling issue, SCAR also requires a full lane team of full ascended zerk DPSers that purposedly fail to defend the sonic thingies beyond lvl 0, otherwise they simply cannot do enough damage to the gerent.

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

Ugh, really? I’m handicapped by this as well… I’ve never seen the meta succeed. To be honest, I haven’t even heard of it succeeding, although it must have happened somewhere, sometime, somehow.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Xanzo.7421

I have all the objectives done in the collection done apart from this Lyssa event champion Wraith. No matter what you ask or do people will always kill her. Why did Anet put a piece of the collection behind a wall of asking people not to kill a boss which they have been DPSing down for 3 years.

Little Quavers

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

If you ask me it’s out of sheer ignorance of the mechanics of that fight. This collection is in complete and utter contradiction of Anet’s stance on dynamic events in which they state that failure of an event should never be the goal.

Al right, that was in the light of exploits, but a stance is still a stance darnit!

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

If you ask me it’s out of sheer ignorance of the mechanics of that fight. This collection is in complete and utter contradiction of Anet’s stance on dynamic events in which they state that failure of an event should never be the goal.

Al right, that was in the light of exploits, but a stance is still a stance darnit!

LOL, yeah, Anet have gone from a company that bans people for forcing an event to fail to one that demands you make an event fail in order to the shinies.

LOLhypocrits.

Xanzo.7421

There was another collection item which was behind a fail event wall, but it was an event no one did. This is understandable as it was easy to get it. However, they shouldn’t put on behind an event that is basically a world boss. All it takes is a 4 or 5 people and its over. They will ruin your chances.

Little Quavers

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

At least lyssa is hard. It is conceivable that in off hours people will fail it.

Nevermore has an item locked behind needing MULTIPLE level 10 events to fail back to back. These events sometimes succeed due to NPC’s doing all the work. You have to actively try to get them to fail. And even then a single F2P player who can’t even use chat can run along and make it win. Not to mention the events last for almost 10 minutes time and only take 3-5 seconds to complete (killing a single lvl 10 vet).

As far as I can tell it is literally impossible to get these events to fail for the collection.

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

killed Karka Queen 3 times now no loot, killed bosses at Dragon stand several times too no loot.

Posted by: RustyMech.9876

RustyMech.9876

Lucked out and got a on closing map for Risen Wraith

Edit: Now to wait for people that are willing to make serious attempts at Gerent.

(edited by RustyMech.9876)

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Actualy its not that hard to do you just need map without ppl. you dont even need to do seals on other side if they spawn or damaging lyssa to spawn that boss. just find some empty or closing map and just wait. Champ is very easy for solo

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

killed Karka Queen 3 times now no loot, killed bosses at Dragon stand several times too no loot.

Activate that thing like 2-3s after her first HP bar goes down.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Posted by: RustyMech.9876

RustyMech.9876

Anet seems to have looked at the stats for least completed events and picked those ones for the collections. :P Obviously the person that made that decision doesn’t even play the game.

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Give everyone on the server 10 gold. That will get most to listen.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

I finally got the Karka Queen done, I was the first one to hit it. But I am still not getting any of the Blademaster, Axemaster, and Stavemaster core even tho I got the Mordremoth core already.

(edited by Taxidriver.2043)

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

took me a few days of camping out in td… but i finally finished! gerent was the worst since im full on guilds and cant join one of the meta focused guilds, but devourer queen and lyssa’s wraith champ were a close 2nd and 3rd.

keep your eyes open for org td, the map i was in was a pug map. people are getting the mechanics down finally. (imo td needs an overhaul with scaling and timing. its unnecessarily brutal.)

Attachments:

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Grats! Neat effect on the arms.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.