HOT already has a price and Release Date?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Rayniel.5816

Rayniel.5816

Q:

According to this Site:

http://en.mmoga.net/Guild-Wars-2/Guild-Wars-2-Key/Guild-Wars-2-Heart-of-Thorns-Addon.html?ref=392¤cy=USD

The price is around 45 dollars,

And this site

http://www.gamesdeal.com/guild-wars-2-heart-of-thorns-addon-pc.html?a_aid=shoppingen

Claims that it will be released on New Years Eve this year.

Just as a desperate fan, are these numbers and dates anywhere near to accurate?

Posted by: Sir Black.7423

Sir Black.7423

A:

No.
We had the same kind of stuff happening leading up to the original release of GW2. Some sites started listing speculative dates and such, possibly just because they needed place-holders in their databases.

Until you see information officially from Arena Net themselves, anything else cannot be relied upon to be correct.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Almost as good as APRIL FOOLS

Nice try

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

No.
We had the same kind of stuff happening leading up to the original release of GW2. Some sites started listing speculative dates and such, possibly just because they needed place-holders in their databases.

Until you see information officially from Arena Net themselves, anything else cannot be relied upon to be correct.

Especially on April Fools. I believe no one.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: DevilLordLaser.8619

DevilLordLaser.8619

Why do people care?

Like no, seriously. Why. Do. People. Care?

Price I can see, it’d be nice to know how much one needs to sock away (though frankly we all know it won’t be more than sixty-plus-tax, so just do that and be done with it), but why, why, WHY are people so absolutely frothing-mouthed desperate for a release date when knowing that release date or not makes no difference whatsoever as to when that date will be, or how long we have to wait for the game?

I seriously don’t understand the outright anger I’ve seen people display over not having a release date. We’ll know it a couple-odd months in advance, as soon as ArenaNet themselves know when it’s going to be. Plenty of time to make plans. The release date is honestly kinda irrelevant to anything – they’re not going to change it whenever they do decide what it is because someone on the forums makes an impassioned plea, and they’re not going to specifically delay the game in some misguided attempt to build up more hype.

It’ll come when it gets here. This time next year the release date will only matter for preorders who get their Revenants’ birthday presents first. Why is this such a critical, earth-shattering issue for people?

Posted by: WeirdDud.6431

WeirdDud.6431

No.

This.

Though it does help to note that both sites list it at ~$50. I’d be okay with this price.

Posted by: Simzani.4318

Simzani.4318

The dlc hot is the name of the next ls season, so it is easy to estimate the release date. Their maximum rythm is a mini-map each 6 months, so the dlc will be avaible near june/july or by the end of the year. Low quality low quantity by arenanet, as usual.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

And this site

Claims that it will be released on New Years Eve this year.

Just as a desperate fan, are these numbers and dates anywhere near to accurate?

I encourage you to engage your brain and THINK. New Years eve, such an interesting day… almost as if its the LAST POSSIBLE DAY they could list that ends with the year 2015.

No. It’s not accurate.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

sigh… every time i see one of these threads come up i think to myself how very very simple it is just to go to www.guildwars2.com and click on that huge Heart of Thorns banner that covers the screen. if the info is there, than it’s official. if there’s no release date or price listed there, then obviously there isn’t one yet.

i’m also pretty sure that the only other two places that would have guaranteed accurate pricing and availability for heart of thorns will be the official NCSoft store, and probably the in-game gem store.

/back to bacon

– The Baconnaire

Posted by: Yakez.7561

Yakez.7561

Guild Wars: Eye Of The North Expansion – 35 USD on release date.
Don’t see any point at price of 40-60 USD for Guild Wars 2 expansion. It is not stand alone game as were Nightfall and Factions.

It is not okay to pay for the EXPANSION full price of the game.