Hall upgrade Tavern 2 needs more atmosphere

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: black sun empress.7401

black sun empress.7401

Don’t get me wrong, i love the tavern restoration 2 upgrade, it looks great. we have precipice hall, and we spent alot of time and gold on upgrading the arena, tavern etc.

But, I am a little disappointed in the tavern2 considering the cost. its just a building you can stand inside of. the bartender gives you the crappy 4%xp buff and thats it.

I know it may sound trivial, but it’s a social hub, chill out area while other ppl battle in the arena, or just lounging in map chat or TS3. We could use a few NPC’s considering the cost and effort involved. Offering party favors,, some music like a band, a bartender that lets u get the drunk effect, (does gw2 even have that? i dont play with recreational consumables too much in this game but in gw1 you would spin and the gfx would get loopy)

or is this a crazy request?, i am not an immersion snob roleplayer, but those couple things would be icing on the cake for atmosphere.

Thoughts?

Posted by: Ailment.8591

Ailment.8591

Still waiting for Kodan Bartender (Bear-tender).

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

i think the biggest problem with the hall in LP is it’s to vertical, with no second floor to allow for more of a social atmosphere. Instead it feels like its cramming everyone gathering there into a 4×6 room and saying now you get to know your neighbor really intimately, even if they don’t want you to know them.

Posted by: black sun empress.7401

black sun empress.7401

im not even bothered by lack of multi-level(floors) which would be another great idea. i want something to do in the friggin tavern.. WTB NPC’s that do stuff..

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

The music players idea is simply genial. I’d love that! Specially Bash the Dragon ala GW2 instruments.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

15 Charrs like atmosphere. WTB more aesthetic upgrades.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

T2 bar needs to come with permanent belcher’s bluff and golem chess tables.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I don’t know LP but gilded halls “problem” is that the tavern is not right on top of the wp. To stand in a building while waiting as a guild you have to walk for 30sec to get to it. Guarantee everyone will just stand at the wp. Is that anets fault or the players? I think it’s both.

For the buffs, ours is 18% atm and we got alot to choose from so that’s not really an issue.

I figured they would add npcs as upgrades and indeed we have gotten a few I believe that have services. I’m a little surprised at how dead the hall feels when no one is there though. I hope they add ambient npcs as an upgrade or maybe even as deco? ;-)

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

It’s amazing how decorations can make the guild hall look less empty. It’s very much the same with any of the buildings. The market is looking less “dead” because there’s also much stuff standing around the multiple NPCs there.

You need to be willing to invest in decorations though.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

Id like to see more visual additions that are not decorations such as upgrades or just changes that come with existing upgrades. Leveling needs to be significantly more visual than it is right now.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Guild levels are very easy to obtain, making those more important would merely promote the fastest way to level a guild rather than focussing on specific objectives your guild really wants. So I don’t think we will see anything too significant in the guild hall that shows off guild level. (A statue per 10 levels maybe?)

Specific upgrades that add visual progression seem much more likely.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I think every guild tavern should have Marcello DiGiacomo performing 24/7