Halls: What is required?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

I’m a leader of a guild, and I don’t think I can afford to pick up the expansion on launch day. Will probably have to wait until it is on sale.

Will I be able to do everything related to guild halls for my guild without the expansion, or will I be limited in some way?

I have no problem promoting someone else who has the expansion until I get it, but if it can be avoided I just want to know what the restrictions are, if any, since the search option on this forum is abysmal and there doesn’t seem to be any clear information on the wiki.

Thanks!

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: Sidenti.6035

Sidenti.6035

I’m a leader of a guild, and I don’t think I can afford to pick up the expansion on launch day. Will probably have to wait until it is on sale.

Will I be able to do everything related to guild halls for my guild without the expansion, or will I be limited in some way?

I have no problem promoting someone else who has the expansion until I get it, but if it can be avoided I just want to know what the restrictions are, if any, since the search option on this forum is abysmal and there doesn’t seem to be any clear information on the wiki.

Thanks!

The expansion is required in order to access the area where the guild halls are located. So, yeah, you’re gonna be pretty effin’ limited without the expansion.

You won’t be completely out in the cold, though. There’s a communal guild hall that will be opening in Lion’s Arch for those unable/unwilling to claim a hall of their own. (In the future, check the wiki for information first – it’s actually quite informative: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_hall)

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

People without the expansion will be able to enter all guild halls. However they won’t have access to expansion-specific guild hall features such as the arena.

To claim a guild hall you have to go to maguma, which will require the expansion. That said, an officer with appropriate permission and who owns the expansion should be able to queue it and lead the expedition with the rest of the guild members who own HoT.
Once claimed, you’ll be able to teleport straight into the hall, even without HoT.