Heart of Thorns: Grossly Unfinished.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Taltevus.3289

Taltevus.3289

It’s so incredibly obvious:
1.)The obvious, obvious intentional grind in everything (buying more time to rush that missed content)

2.) Elite specs becoming the carrot at the end of the stick.
Obviously was not the original idea and ultimately blemished HoT release.

3.)Partial parts of…Class Armor: epaulets of the Chronomancer…wheres the rest?
3b.) I am not buying the lack of armors introduced.

4.)The further you go down heart of thorns the more it’s like you see where the work slowly started to wane. There are entire sections of maps; Strictly MobTown USA. For what?

5.)Verdant brink obviously being the most complete.

6.)480potatoes cut-scenes.

(I really did buy kitten.00 Mesmer.)

If it’s not “unfinished” then I feel comfortable Gw2 is about to get real paywall friendly over the next year. If ArenaNet just made sensible content at this point players would likely support it freely. Gw2 doesn’t really feel like an mmorpg anymore…it’s more like an arcade. I don’t mind buying gems what I mind is dodgy content. Ok You’ve got combat and voice-acting down. GREAT but there is still so much more to an mmo.

The reason my attitude seems hostile and dismissive?

I see the pay wall arising.
I see F.2.P on the way.
I see exploiting and grinding.
I see those bad times today.

So don’t log in tonight
It’s bound to charge or grind
There’s a paywall on the rise.

-Rasputina

Posted by: Steeldragon.7308

Steeldragon.7308

Uhhh…. what?

Posted by: Snarftastic.6709

Snarftastic.6709

I want whatever you’re smoking.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I don’t know if it’s unfinished or not but it’s blatantly obvious the grind for elites (when the cost was 400 hp) was padding the content and that’s it.

I’ll never buy kitten expansion from Anet again. Not unless it’s the size of at least Nightfall. We got $25-30 worth of content at best.

Now I’m not saying I hate HoTs, I love playing the revenant, it’s breathed some new life back into the game for me but that doesn’t excuse how little content there actually is in the expansion.

Posted by: VaLee.5102

VaLee.5102

Not sure about unfinished, but you can clearly tell it was rushed at the end to meet the deadline. There are plenty of hints to suggest that.

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

Why would it be “finished” when the story and stuff will continue with Living Story 3? It’s a To Be Continued situation.

Posted by: Javi.4359

Javi.4359

I see F.2.P on the way.

So don’t log in tonight

-Rasputina

Holy wow that was fantastic!

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

I see F.2.P on the way.

So don’t log in tonight

-Rasputina

Holy wow that was fantastic!

Yeah pretty neat rendition of Bad Moon Rising. I enjoyed it. In fact, if anyone hasn’t listened to the CCR song, you should because then you’ll read that to the tune of the song and it will be more enjoyable.

On topic, they don’t charge sub, so they have to make money some way. The majority of games seem to have gone the cash shop route with only a few holdouts.

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

People want an xpac to be as big as the original game? That’s not how it works, especially in an MMO. Part of the price is future content.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Why would it be “finished” when the story and stuff will continue with Living Story 3? It’s a To Be Continued situation.

I hope living story 3 leads into the next expansion, maybe to the Far Shiverpeaks or an Inquest themed expansion?

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

I hope living story 3 leads into the next expansion, maybe to the Far Shiverpeaks or an Inquest themed expansion?

They started off with wanting to do only Living Story for dlc, then started on an expansion since people wanted a large chunk at once and to be able to pay for it. They have already said that they will be doing a combo of LS dlc and expansions from now on, that is unless another way comes along. They have also said that the LS will be continuing the story from where it stops in the expansion and that the only way to play the new LS3 (when they start back up) is if you have HoT since it will take place/start in the new areas. So what we got from the expansion is not all that’s coming down the road for HoT/GW2. Thing is people don’t want to count what is coming from LS3 since they can’t touch and see it yet. We got loads of stuff from LS1 and LS2 but people tend to discount it since it was spread out over 2 1/2 yrs or so and to them it wasn’t enough to even consider. Honestly I haven’t even finished LS2, been playing so much just doing so many other things I never rushed to get it done. I will do it eventually thou

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Of course it’s assumed that LS 3 will only be accessible to those of us with HoT but it’s about time we transition away from the Mordremoth arc.

Speaking of LS2 good luck! You’ll have fair yet challenging achieves like wicked rodeo and all the end boss ones whereas others like dodgy crowd and it’s all about time you’ll need to trial and error and even need to use outside sources like centaur potions or fire elemental powder at the proper moment. You’ll need some outside the box strategies for it’s all about timing since finding a group for it is very tough. It can be soloed but you basically need a perfect storm of conditions especially on the first part to ensure the circle stays blue and for the annoying NPC to not screw up your achievement by fighting in the circle.

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

People want an xpac to be as big as the original game? That’s not how it works, especially in an MMO.

funny but when i bought Burning Crusade i got a ton of new armours as random world drops, several new instances, all with new armour skins and weapon skins and a massive new continent. in total there were probably around 30 new armour sets, 5 instances and 3 raids on release, oh and 2 new races.

THAT is what i expect from a £30 expansion.

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

People want an xpac to be as big as the original game? That’s not how it works, especially in an MMO.

funny but when i bought Burning Crusade i got a ton of new armours as random world drops, several new instances, all with new armour skins and weapon skins and a massive new continent. in total there were probably around 30 new armour sets, 5 instances and 3 raids on release, oh and 2 new races.

And 15$ a month. Not to mention the 2 games are very different models.

Posted by: Aerwyna.2541

Aerwyna.2541

But the expansion is going to be constantly updated with new content. I am pretty sure that is what they said. I dont understand this lack of content thing going around.

Maybe I am a dumb.

Renoria Blackheart loves her kitty Kronos. <3
Proud member of the Blackgate community.

Posted by: vanderwolf.7084

vanderwolf.7084

Yeah…the expansion is going to be growing, and evolving, with living world added…with new updates added.

They made 4 armors for release and only 2 full sets were popped out which means another 2 are coming possibly with the introduction of raids.

you can’t say you want an “expansion” like nightfall because nightfall was not an expansion, it was a campaign, each campaign was intended to be a completely stand alone game on its own.

the only expansion GW1 saw was eye of the north, and then you could call “beyond” its version of living world I suppose.

this also isn’t like games like WoW where it’s like “we will drop in an expansion with HUGE ammounts of content…ok now wait for the next expansion for more content”

this is more of a….the expansion will give you this chunk, and then this chunk will continue to grow throughout the year all the way until we’re ready for the next expansion.

They also have some of the most interactive and generally active Developement teams I’ve seen in MMOs….so it’s not something to be super crazy miffed about. get over it.

You’re probably American (and I do love america) but there does tend to be an enhanced sense of “I WANT THIS RIGHT NOW” moreso than where I’m originally from.

tone it down, eat some cactus.

Posted by: Agares.6073

Agares.6073

this also isn’t like games like WoW where it’s like “we will drop in an expansion with HUGE ammounts of content…ok now wait for the next expansion for more content”

mhm you sure know what u are talking about lol

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

I don’t even………….

The dev’s must get so tired of seeing this type of stuff. It’s a wonder they all don’t quit their jobs and get more lucrative positions in other software field besides games.

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

It is pretty unfinished, and ANET even admitted this. They are releasing Raids and Legendary Weapons and Armor with the new Living Story Season 3.

Furthermore, only 4 maps, when they the new WvW Borderlands has assets for many more (Desert areas, Lava ruins, etc…)

This is not news. It’s pretty obvious, and ANET admitted it time again.

Personally, I hope LS3 expands north to the Maguuma Wastes deserts. The assets they have now are so beautiful, and games need more western-style deserts.

Liewec.2896

the subscription fee is irrelevant, i’m talking about the initial release, not the content added over time.
initial release had tons of new armour skins, several dungeons and a massive new continent.
that is what you should expect from an expansion with a premium pricetag.

Posted by: Sizer.3987

Sizer.3987

Anyone else find it ironic that he complains about a bunch of either incorrect or just ridiculous things (oh noes you have to do things to unlock other things in a video game, what happened to no grind rabble rabble rabble!!!!), but the parts of the game that are actually unfinished (ie raids, new legendary weaps) arent mentioned at all?

80 Mesmer – Yaks Bend

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

the subscription fee is irrelevant, i’m talking about the initial release, not the content added over time.
initial release had tons of new armour skins, several dungeons and a massive new continent.

There is nothing irrelevant about it. The price of ‘things’ is determined by the business model. Anet doesn’t have a subscription; they have also released content for free. Did your Burning Crusasde do that for you? The comparison you made is nonsense.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Liewec.2896

There is nothing irrelevant about it. The price of ‘things’ is determined by the business model. Anet doesn’t have a subscription; they have also released content for free. Did your Burning Crusasde do that for you? The comparison you made is nonsense.

so your reasoning as to why the expansion has barely 20% of the content of WoW’s first expansion at release is “well they’ve given stuff for free”?
i hope i’m misunderstanding you because that is a terrible argument.

the comparison isn’t nonsense,
i paid £30 for an expansion, one was worth the price,
the other was 2 armour sets and 4 small maps.

Posted by: Liisjak.4509

Liisjak.4509

They released kitten content.

New fractal levels, Raids, League PvP, Legendaries…Soon™

If you’re defending Anet, next time you’re asked to complete a task at work, act like this…let’s see how long you’ll keep your job.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

so your reasoning as to why the expansion has barely 20% of the content of WoW’s first expansion at release is “well they’ve given stuff for free”?
i hope i’m misunderstanding you because that is a terrible argument.

the comparison isn’t nonsense,
i paid £30 for an expansion, one was worth the price,
the other was 2 armour sets and 4 small maps.

Seems someone’s reading comprehension skills are off today … IO’m illustrating differences in the game business models, not arguing pedantic nothings with you. YOu didn’t get the point the first time so here it is again: Making content comparisons across games is NONSENSE, because these companies have different business models.

You don’t think what you paid for is worth the price? Walk away then. Anet told people the content they were going to get in the expansion. If you bought it, you didn’t do enough due diligence.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

People want an xpac to be as big as the original game? That’s not how it works, especially in an MMO. Part of the price is future content.

This is a big part of the problem. Game companies started selling promises instead of actual content and gamers bought into it.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

oy m8, the betas were there for u to test things. they gave u elites for free in the betas so u could make sure they work. obv they were cool, cuz now u apparently cant live w/o them and cant stand the thought of working for them.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: zaxziakohl.5243

zaxziakohl.5243

Everyone says it’s a grind.

It’s only a grind if YOU make it a grind.

Seriously guys. None of the content requires you to grind for hours and hours to get something you need to complete something else.

If you need things for the HoT area, then just complete as you go. If you just play it (instead of rushing through skipping absolutely everything you can to make it further than everyone else) you will have what you need at the next area to continue on. If you don’t want to play the area, then you don’t need the things that make you able to play there!

If you want things in Tyria, cuz lets face it, none of it is content that you actually need. Then you can easily earn masteries and the like by, oh I don’t know, playing the content!

If you consume the game like locusts, you’re always going to be hungry, just like locusts.

There is no lack of content. There is only lack of acceptance that it’s a game, and it is meant to be played.

As the the “Unfinished” part of this. It’s an MMO. MMO’s are by their very nature, unfinished, constantly under development. Just because you pay for it, doesn’t mean the development stops. As a matter of fact, the money you paid is WHY it can keep developing in the first place.

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

I actually expected less content, and a similar to a “living season” experience. I am glad I my misgivings were proven wrong. I haven’t honestly put that much work into the new story (first map, beginning of the second) but have been impressed so far-beats the most recent, post-Scarlet storyline from what I see (playing the ones I missed ATM.)

IMHO, worth the money, and as aforementioned, no game like this is ever “finished” (I expected the “beta-ness”, but at least they listen to the players for better or worse.) For an “unfinished” game, it surely looks and plays pretty polished.

Posted by: AIex.4105

AIex.4105

I have over 2 years playing gw2, I wont get the expansion. I only have 2 characters and realy dont need anything. For pvp or wvw I only enjoy my ranger full crit, does alot of damage, for dungens i use my guardian, even at level 50 of fractals I dont die and only 30 ar.

HoT is all about grind and I guess you cant even finish alone the maps and main story, is a no no for me.

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

Ok so you wanna compare wow as the standard bearer for what defines good mmo world play in a new expansion. Yes wow maps had more space, they also had more empty space. They also had enemies that you could kill in a couple hits after you moved onto the next area. They are also the supreme leaders in never ending gear grind. They also introduced flying mounts, insuring the only way players would come down was to kill someone or land on top of a mob pack.

If you want to compare end game content of wow as the standard bearer of end game content I’d say wow had dungeons that you level’d out of almost as soon as you leveled in. I’d say pvp was about as unfair as it could possibly be, because inevitably in regular matches you’d have one guy maxed out on the latest gear and a bunch of people paying their dues by dying , for the privilege of eventually being able to compete themselves. I’d say all and all , in wow you had Raids and Rated bg’s for endgame, and a world of mind numbing easy kills in the rest of the vast expansion world you wish to compare to HoT.

If you want to compare the shinies, I’d say HoT just released and dishing out a meal at a time is more managable, than an all u can eat buffet of say 30 new mounts released all at once , ensuring you were acutely aware of what you’d be spending the next six months doing.

edit: oh and btw, you said you expected more for your 30 euro. Wow had an upfront cost, a monthly cost, and you better make sure your server never died because they charged like 20 bucks per toon to switch to a different one.

(edited by leftyboy.9358)

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

oy m8, the betas were there for u to test things. they gave u elites for free in the betas so u could make sure they work.

Actually no, they gave you them for pre-ordering. Also anyone that thinks a proper beta can be conducted in a weekend is a kittening moron.

The BWEs were betas in the same way the Star Wars Battlefront “beta” a month before launch was a beta.

They are for advertisement and hype generation.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

See, the issue I have is I paid for what I got now. I’m not paying for what might come later, I’m paying for what was advertised to me now. When I bought GW2, I didn’t pay for future updates. Anet announced free updates as the game progressed, so I didn’t spend money for future updates. I paid for what was released at the time of release.

Same thing for HoT. I paid for what was released, when it released. I didn’t pay for future updates, I paid for what came with the expansion. Future updates have always been free, so why would I be paying for free content?

So yes, the OP is right. HoT was an unfinished product. There is no denying that. Content that should of been released with the product was never released. Thus, unfinished. You can go on about how we will get it later and that is what we are paying for, but it’s not. We paid for the content that came with HoT, not what could be coming in future updates. When you pay for something, you pay for what you are getting right then and there. You don’t pay for what might happen to it in the future.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

fellyn.5083

Apparently you never played any of the GW1 expansions. Nightfall and Factions were easily as big as, if not bigger than Prophecies.

We do have that standard to compare Anets work to.

SpyderArachnid.5619

Apparently you never played any of the GW1 expansions. Nightfall and Factions were easily as big as, if not bigger than Prophecies.

Nightfall and Factions were standalone campaigns. Not expansions. They were separate games from Guild Wars.

The only expansion for GW1, was Eye of the North. So if you want to compare HoT to something, compare it to Eye of the North.

Posted by: Inoki.6048

Inoki.6048

I agree with everything the OP said. With GW2 being free to download and play it’s headed down the F2P model, which ruins every game. No surprise really, ANet has close ties to NCsoft, who are behind the fall of great titles like Lineage 2, which I played for 7 long years.

With F2P you have to pay for everything in the game. Games become infested with bots (RMT) and hackers and it all goes straight down to hell.

To think of it, they made it free to download and play, so we paid the same price as before for 3 maps, 5 pets, a few armours/weapons and one additional story.

Am I the only one who thinks this is wrong?

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

agree…..but it was clearly rushed/unfinished.

raids and new legendaries should have been there day one. the revenant should have functional underwater combat to the same level as other classes. the druid and scrapper should have had more beta testing.

that said, i love the new maps. there’s more to do and exploration is actually fun and not mindless. it feels like a boring chore to explore base game maps now (on my revenant)….and gliding is awesome ( sounds simple, but it adds so much to the fun of gameplay in the new maps).

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

oy m8, the betas were there for u to test things. they gave u elites for free in the betas so u could make sure they work.

Actually no, they gave you them for pre-ordering. Also anyone that thinks a proper beta can be conducted in a weekend is a kittening moron.

The BWEs were betas in the same way the Star Wars Battlefront “beta” a month before launch was a beta.

They are for advertisement and hype generation.

actually no. why pay for a huge qa team when you have a crowd of people willing to pay you to do that? its smart business, you keep your qa team smallish and tell them to rifle through bug reports for targeted bug zapping instead of paying them to play every little bit of the game and have them miss 90% of the bugs anyways because there isnt enough time in the world for only like 20 people to find all the bugs that will undoubtedly be associated with the new content.

advertisement is only just as important.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

I agree with everything the OP said. With GW2 being free to download and play it’s headed down the F2P model, which ruins every game. No surprise really, ANet has close ties to NCsoft, who are behind the fall of great titles like Lineage 2, which I played for 7 long years.

With F2P you have to pay for everything in the game. Games become infested with bots (RMT) and hackers and it all goes straight down to hell.

To think of it, they made it free to download and play, so we paid the same price as before for 3 maps, 5 pets, a few armours/weapons and one additional story.

Am I the only one who thinks this is wrong?

Yes, you are the only one who thinks this is wrong. This games “ftp” has many restrictions. Not all FtP=pay to win either. It would be more apt to say that FtP in gw2 is more of a trial that doesn’t have to end. Check this page.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/play-for-free-today/

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

The more I play the more I get the feeling it was shoved out the door before it was ready.

From the quite shocking bugs with the Herald spec for Revs (underwater, facets dropping when level scaling changes…) to the lack of content in some map areas, I particularly like the magic waterfall in verdant brink where the water runs horizontally out from the ground for a few ft before it realises there is gravity and it starts to fall……

There are many bugs and errors, and thats to some extent expected, although even a half kitten d QA team should have picked up bugs that any player playing a spec for more than an hour must have noticed…..But there is a feeling that work on large areas of this expansion was just shoddy or rushed.

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

I don’t know if it’s unfinished or not but it’s blatantly obvious the grind for elites (when the cost was 400 hp) was padding the content and that’s it.

I’ll never buy kitten expansion from Anet again. Not unless it’s the size of at least Nightfall. We got $25-30 worth of content at best.

Now I’m not saying I hate HoTs, I love playing the revenant, it’s breathed some new life back into the game for me but that doesn’t excuse how little content there actually is in the expansion.

h

They said up front for a long time this would be their smallest expansion ever as they’re setting up new features to expand on later. It’s not so much a flat content thing as feature rich. After this xpac, all the major features of the game (except maybe on or two sometimes for a real change idk Mounts cough) xpacs later will haz moar. So that should at least make you feel better about map size.

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Did you also forget you had to continue to pay $15 a month to play for that content? The time between Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King was 22 months, so that is $330, people paid $360 for that expansion. Yeah, I would expect more from WoW if I was paying $360 for an expansion.

eisberg.2379

Subscription fee is far from irrelevant, it is all part of the costs to enjoy the content related to the expansion.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

3.)Partial parts of…Class Armor: epaulets of the Chronomancer…wheres the rest?
3b.) I am not buying the lack of armors introduced.

I guess you’re going to argue that the biography armors for the professions are also unfinished?

4.)The further you go down heart of thorns the more it’s like you see where the work slowly started to wane. There are entire sections of maps; Strictly MobTown USA. For what?

Can’t really disagree. Verdant Brink and Auric Basin are clearly the most well done maps. And in story, Acts 3 and 4 felt overly rushed and less work put in overall.

5.)Verdant brink obviously being the most complete.

Disagree. I felt like Auric Basin got the most attention to detail.

I don’t think there will be a paywall on the rise. No more than we saw with Season 2 – which is hardly a paywall. Technically speaking, HoT is the paywall, since all future LW content requires HoT. But that’s how most MMOs are. Need all previous expansions to play the newest one.

I wanted a story that felt conclusive. I wanted a story that delved into the previously foreshadowed aspects.

• I wanted Malyk and his tree.
  • I wanted the Nightmare/Dream/Mordremoth connections explained.
  • I wanted to see Nightmare Courtiers fighting against Mordremoth.
  • I wanted to feel threatened and outwitted by the Mordrem Guard, the supposed smartest dragon minions ever.
  • I wanted to feel the tension of a sylvari betraying me at any moment.
  • I wanted druid lore.
  • I wanted lore on the revenant and elite specs.
  • I wanted to know what happened to Rytlock.
  • I wanted The Falls and Balthazar’s temple.
  • I did NOT want a story that felt rushed at the end.

All I got was the Falls and Balthazar’s temple, and a story that felt rushed at the end.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

eisberg.2379

Nightfall and Factions were not expansions at all. They were stand alone games, in the sense that if they wanted to at the time could have called Factions as Guild Wars 2, and Nightfall as Guild Wars 3. Also Guild Wars 1 wasn’t even an MMO, developers even said it wasn’t an MMO, it was more like diablo style but with graphical lobby system.

fellyn.5083

h

They said up front for a long time this would be their smallest expansion ever as they’re setting up new features to expand on later. It’s not so much a flat content thing as feature rich. After this xpac, all the major features of the game (except maybe on or two sometimes for a real change idk Mounts cough) xpacs later will haz moar. So that should at least make you feel better about map size.

So what you’re saying is we paid more for less now? It’s all well and good if they want to set up for things they’re doing in the future but don’t charge the price of a full game for it.

I don’t have enough faith in Anet at this point to keep any of the promises they make as far as future content goes. I still remember how they first told us we’d get precursor crafting in September of 2012 and then again in the infamous “Second Half of 2013” blog post. And here it is 2 years later and we had to pay to get access to it.

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

Don’t forget, that $50 also buys you all of the future LS content that is to be released until the next expansion…it’s a new business model, pay upfront for future releases…oh wait, that’s what pre-purchase means.

eisberg.2379

h

So what you’re saying is we paid more for less now? It’s all well and good if they want to set up for things they’re doing in the future but don’t charge the price of a full game for it.

I don’t have enough faith in Anet at this point to keep any of the promises they make as far as future content goes. I still remember how they first told us we’d get precursor crafting in September of 2012 and then again in the infamous “Second Half of 2013” blog post. And here it is 2 years later and we had to pay to get access to it.

Disagree, the $50 for the expansion is for all the current HoT content and for all the content related to the expansion in the future. Just like the base game of Guild Wars 2 was for everything it released with and for all the content they added prior to the expansion.

Posted by: Tyrantis.8640

Tyrantis.8640

I couldn’t disagree more than wih OP.

Expansion feels huge and will keep me busy for weeks even after finishing the story.

SpyderArachnid.5619

h

Disagree, the $50 for the expansion is for all the current HoT content and for all the content related to the expansion in the future. Just like the base game of Guild Wars 2 was for everything it released with and for all the content they added prior to the expansion.

Sorry but that is simply untrue. When you bought GW2, you didn’t pay for future content. You paid for what you got on release. Anet specifically stated that all future content for GW2 would be completely free. Living World, balance fixes, updates and reworks, content patches, all of it for free. So no, you didn’t pay for future content.

According to Anet, what you paid for was what you got at release. Everything else after that is free. Same thing goes with HoT. What you paid for, is what you got at release. Future content is free like it has always been. So you paid for what we have now, not what might be coming later.