Heart of Thorns Maps!!

Heart of Thorns Maps!!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

This may be a little detail for some players or staff members but not to me.
One thing still has been left out and is being kept secret and that is the amount of maps. Anet I’m a VET but not a blind customer.
I have never since GW 1 bought a game without knowing in advance the amount of maps.
So please Anet would you please stop playing cat and mouse and tell us, stop avoiding the question. No map quantity = no purchase period.

Heart of Thorns Maps!!

Posted by: steve.2945

steve.2945

That big mass on the left o f the map, and more added to it the coming months, just like pre HOT. ETC living story and some filler content and such.

Proud TTS member

Heart of Thorns Maps!!

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

I get it. I really do. I felt like that this morning. But, the announcement on trait/skill unlocks coupled with the free slot concession killed my urge to protest. Sorry to abandon your cause, but I just bought the Ultimate Edition. I hope you don’t feel too betrayed!

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

Heart of Thorns Maps!!

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

let’s look at what we know about the map:

1) there are some 25+ zones currently.
2) they said at HoT announcement there will be fewer zones in HoT
3) they’ve preview 3 zones so far: Verdant Brink, and 2 guild hall maps

conclusion: there are at least 3 PvE zones, and less than 25 PvE zones shipping with HoT

if you want to wait until you know exactly how many zones there are in HoT, you’ll most likely have to wait until HoT launches to buy the expansion.

the information will come when it comes.

– The Baconnaire

Heart of Thorns Maps!!

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

That big mass on the left o f the map, and more added to it the coming months, just like pre HOT. ETC living story and some filler content and such.

That’s it imo.
How would it make sense to explore less than entire Maguuma over time?

And from the streams there have been 2 maps discovered already.
Let’s assume it will be 3 in the end. Each with 3 biomes as A-Net said for a total size of 9 maps. 2 relatively big guild halls, 1 pvp map, 1 wvw map.
That makes a total 13 new maps. How does that sound to you?

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

Heart of Thorns Maps!!

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

If you have some modicum of intelligence you can figure out the max map area that will be in HoT just by looking at the current world map. It would range from Silverwastes/Dry Top/Rata Sum in the East to the Unending Ocean in the west with the Northern border the Maguuma Wastes and the Southern area can include the Tarnished Coast or that could be the border.

If that’s what you think Einstein then you’re in for a sore surprise. There’s a rumor of very few maps x 3 biomes. It’s not called living story 3 but it should and you guys are gonna think it is, that’s how small it’s gonna be. Either way Anet can hide all it wants but if I have to wait until 2 weeks in then that’s what I’ll do but I’ll not blindly buy this Anet is being too evasive on this topic and I don’t trust them anymore cecrecy is their game now and the only way to win is not to become bait like most of you have.

(edited by Hybarf Tics.2048)

Heart of Thorns Maps!!

Posted by: MomentofWeakness.1246

MomentofWeakness.1246

One thing still has been left out and is being kept secret and that is the amount of maps. Anet I’m a VET but not a blind customer.
I have never since GW 1 bought a game without knowing in advance the amount of maps.
So please Anet would you please stop playing cat and mouse and tell us, stop avoiding the question. No map quantity = no purchase period.

So I could sell you a game with 50 maps and you’d be solid? LOL give me a call dude I’ll gladly offer you 50 maps that are all 4 KB in size and you can fill my wallet with some cash….

This is the dumbest complaint I’ve ever seen…

Its Choo – 250,000 Kills in WvW and Counting…
WvW Commander – NA PST
Sexiest Level 80 Charr Guardian In The Game

Heart of Thorns Maps!!

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

So I could sell you a game with 50 maps and you’d be solid? LOL give me a call dude I’ll gladly offer you 50 maps that are all 4 KB in size and you can fill my wallet with some cash….

This is the dumbest complaint I’ve ever seen…

You’re missing his point entirely. He’s obviously talking about maps filled with content, like they were in GW1 campaigns and the core GW2 game. He’s not blindly going to pay for Verdant Brink only. It’s actually a logical decision. He wants more info, and that’s his right.

Heart of Thorns Maps!!

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

hehehe… thats cute, you think we have rights to anything anet does in a pre sale… i dont dispute your right to buy or not to buy, but we cant demand them to hand over information like that.we dont have the right.

Heart of Thorns Maps!!

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

You’re missing his point entirely. He’s obviously talking about maps filled with content, like they were in GW1 campaigns and the core GW2 game. He’s not blindly going to pay for Verdant Brink only. It’s actually a logical decision. He wants more info, and that’s his right.

I really love Guild Wars 1 but….what kind of “content” did you find in the maps besides 300 enemies to kill any maybe some generic NPC’s?
I don’t feel like there was a huge content density.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

Heart of Thorns Maps!!

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

And from the streams there have been 2 maps discovered already.
Let’s assume it will be 3 in the end. Each with 3 biomes as A-Net said for a total size of 9 maps. 2 relatively big guild halls, 1 pvp map, 1 wvw map.
That makes a total 13 new maps. How does that sound to you?

I don’t think that 1 map with 3 biomes is the same as 3 maps. The canopy and root biomes are not the same size as the ground layer (as in there won’t be a canopy and root layer across the entire map).

However, I believe there’s a Mursaat city map too.

Still, that’s 3 actual “adventuring” maps. Like Orr but bigger. That doesn’t sound like a lot really but we’ll see.

Heart of Thorns Maps!!

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

From what they’ve hinted, each of the new maps should be equivalent in content to several old maps. It’s all about density now.

Plus: features. Yes, some of them are coming to the core game, but they still need to pay the people who worked on them. Don’t forget, this is the CDI expansion. They incorporated tons of player feedback into some huge, fundamental changes to game systems. We are paying for more than just maps.

I should be writing.

Heart of Thorns Maps!!

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

You all need to relize this is not a new campaign like they did in GWI but an expansion of the current game so with that the map could be only one or it could be some number less than 25 but I think it will be a single digit number. What ever number of maps there are they did say the PvE maps will have 3 layers that’s where the gliders come in, so I think the new map areas will be large and layered. Also trying to judge the size of the new map with the current one is meaningless they could open up totally new areas off the map as it is now look what happened when the new campaign came out in GW1 they made map ares never before seen. Just remember this is an expansion with the possibility of only one new map and by the definition of expansion 1 map would be considered an expansion. All map numbers are speculation at this point no one know for sure

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Heart of Thorns Maps!!

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

hehehe… thats cute, you think we have rights to anything anet does in a pre sale… i dont dispute your right to buy or not to buy, but we cant demand them to hand over information like that.we dont have the right.

We have a right to ask for information, but we certainly can’t force anyone to give it. And who is demanding anything?

Heart of Thorns Maps!!

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

let’s look at what we know about the map:
3) they’ve preview 3 zones so far: Verdant Brink, and 2 guild hall maps

You can add at least +1 unnamed PvE map to that… this was briefly shown during the specialization clips (and can with some certainty be placed outside of Verdant Brink). Also, if one tries to match the Guild Hall shown to us with the world map we have, it does not end up adjacent to Verdant Brink and it has to be connected through PvE zones as per their “in world” placement.