Heart of Thorns first thoughts.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Rymer.4017

Rymer.4017

So got to start with launch time at 12 pm on the 23 or close to it with the patch time and started doing it was super fun and exciting but I think this video explains it more.

https://youtu.be/o5RV57an-qw

Also thank you A-net for the hard work you put in to bring this out so smoothly.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Puki Man.4068

Puki Man.4068

Doing the Betas sort of spoilt a bit of the adventure for the first part. But overall I am very happy with HoT. If you didnt realise it before GW2 and HoT are really designed for team or group play. Trying to do some of these areas solo is almost impossible, thats fine just realise that this is a game to play with friends not single person.
The Music is just awesome,,, shades of Lord of The Rings, just very different from the recycled GW1 music (not that I minded that too much).
The maps and scenery are beautiful, and very deceiving there are about 4 levels to most areas so having the Wings makes exploring a lot of fun From the top of the canopy down to the Tangled roots below,,different creatures and biosphere.
I am still in the process of opening up areas so still much more to do. By about the 4hour mark I am wanting to get out of the Jungle and into something like desert or different scenery.
Love the new creatures,, very different and you don’t really know what some of their capabilities are other than that they want to kill you. Day night transition is not that noticeable unfortunately,, I would like it to be a lot darker at night.
Have been saving the Pers story and just exploring,, so cant comment on the story at the moment. As I said up front, I am enjoying HoT and for the price of the base game it is very good value for money. Looking forward to killing a few more hours tonight with friends.