Hearts and Mind - Migraine too difficult

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: someguy.4298

someguy.4298

It is in my opinion that the achievement for act 4 Hearts and Mind – Migraine is too difficult to attain. It’s very hard to find a party that wants to do this mission on extreme mode. It takes over an hour to get a full party and some days I cannot even find a party. When I finally find a party, someone always disconnects and cannot rejoin. I don’t know why, but every time I have done it on extreme mode, I’ve had people disconnect and cannot rejoin. I myself have disconnected while attempting this achievement at no fault of my internet connection. If it is the story instance owner, we are all kicked out of the instance and all of our hard earned work gone.

Furthermore, there is no repair anvil inside this difficult instance. An instance that requires a full group is pretty much a dungeon. I am playing with “pugs” and people will always die the first few times when attempting this achievement. Our armors will break and at a certain point, we will have to do a hard reset where we leave the instance so we can repair our armor.

I feel such a difficult achievement shouldn’t be part of story achievements which have all been soloable until this one. I believe Migraine should be removed from story achievements or at the very least changed.

someguy.4298

To add to the difficulty of finding a party, there is not much reward for doing this achievement. Not many people would want to do it at all.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Are you in a guild? If so ask guild mates to help, if not, find one. I pugged it a few weeks ago, but the team fell apart when one guy DC’ed and couldn’t get back into the instance.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

someguy.4298

My guild does not want to do it. We are WvW focused.

(edited by someguy.4298)

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Find a PvE guild.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

someguy.4298

To do just one achievement? I’m only interested in doing story achievements.

(edited by someguy.4298)

Posted by: Cuddles.5724

Cuddles.5724

Plenty of guilds (including mine) sell this achievement on the regular. I probably can’t plug specific pitches here, but I can tell you this – guilds that sell raids are also more than capable of selling this achievement, so contact them if you want.

someguy.4298

How much would it cost? I don’t have a lot of gold as WvW is not that profitable. Where do you find selling raids? I never see it in LFG. Aside from that, I’ve gotten close to beating it, but instance owner disconnected.

(edited by someguy.4298)

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

It is called extreme mode for a reason. If it would be easier it wouldnt be extreme anymore. Not like it is extreme atm. It is like a normal mode difficulty in other games.
I also believe that a bit of hard work for a best in slot amulet, with viper stats choice, is quite fair.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

I am a WvW player and I have done this achievement n you.

RP enthusiast

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

It was actually fun. It felt like mini raid. And I didn’t even do it with my friends. That would be even bigger fun. Anyway, you don’t really need that achievement. If you are completionist, it is certainly not the hardest achievement to do. If you are raider and you need the viper amulet, you can certainly find some friends too. If you need just the mastery, you can easily get some other one. If you are neither of these, just ignore it if you don’t feel like trying some challenge. There is nothing wrong with the difficulty, especially now when they fixed the bugs with encounters.

Posted by: curtegg.5216

curtegg.5216

Too bad some of the final bosses are bugged (like Eire completely regen’ing her break bar with one second).

Posted by: Nika.3946

Nika.3946

To add to the difficulty of finding a party, there is not much reward for doing this achievement. Not many people would want to do it at all.

It was quite easy to find a party a few months ago , so I guess most of us already done this achi.

someguy.4298

I’ve been having a very hard time finding a party for this achievement. The fact that it is like a like mini raid, I feel it shouldn’t be part of story achievements which have all been soloable before. I achievement hunt for story related content. In addition, because it is like a like mini raid. raid, it would be nice if the instance was treated more like a raid instance where people can rejoin the instance when they disconnect. I don’t know why, but every time I play this instance, someone gets disconnected. What makes it so difficult for me is getting party members and then keeping party members as they disconnect.

(edited by someguy.4298)

someguy.4298

I am a WvW player and I have done this achievement n you.

I don’t quite understand what you were saying.

someguy.4298

I did it again and someone disconnected. Is there something about this mission that causes disconnects? I feel I should just look for someone to buy the run.

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

I’d buy it if you have the opportunity.
I admit I’m puzzled by the achievement as I’ve soloed all the story achievements up to this point. To end up requiring a group is odd. I’ve tried it once with guildies, it was a terrible experience. Scaled terribly and the mission owner died so game over for that run, updrafts didn’t work so only two people ended up flying round an upscaled mordy. We tried it a few times until it got a bit heated on TS and we called it a night.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I think it’s very strange that after they backpedaled on requiring a group instance to completely the original LS, and creating a soloable version of Arah story for it, they decided to make the capstone achievement for the expansion the only one that requires a group and created no incentives for people to do it outside of the achievement.

I’m okay with it being a group thing, but if they’re going to do that they need to put a big fat loot chest at the end so peple that already have it actually have incetives to want to do it. It’s a fun fight, it’s well put together for the group version, but the game gives people literally zero reason to do it more than one time, which is problematic for group content.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

I did it again and someone disconnected. Is there something about this mission that causes disconnects? I feel I should just look for someone to buy the run.

My info might not be entirely up-to-date, but cutscenes, especially HoT ones, used to cause a lot of disconnects. So basically all story missions are a dangerous thing.
I feel your pain, having someone DC at migraine can… well… cause a pretty big migraine. Back when we were doing it, I DCed myself and had to do it some other time. The other 4 were able to finish it however, so it’s definitely possible. It would be nice though if Anet allowed people to log back into story instances (especially if the connection messes up at Anet’s end and not yours), I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t break anything.

Posted by: Cronos.6532

Cronos.6532

I veto this idea. Migraine is just the right difficult, especially now that more bugs have been fixed.

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
etherealguardians.com