Hearts and Minds >Flights of Fancy achiev

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: FOKOZUYNEN.8206

FOKOZUYNEN.8206

In the strory Hearts and Minds wich is last chapter in HoT is the achievement Flights of Fancy where you need to no get damage during the flight force………is 15 times that ive tryied and done the story for that achievement.
First the time to launch you in the air is 7 sec so if in 7 sec you cant made to launch in air you get damage bye bye.
Second the winds that are supposed to launch you in air are not working very well since are kinda bugged and if first launch is not going well then you are scrued.
Third…….i have invisibility from gliding mastery and modermoth from 5 players in party is launching at me while i was invisibile long time before he was launching the rocks.
And last …now serious i fail ok im dumb but can you put the skip video button on all cinema cos is frustating and booring watching again the sky .
Above all making this story even 1000 times nothing no loot from monsters no xp no karma NOTHING……just for a achievement…isnt this fun? NOOOO!!!!

(edited by FOKOZUYNEN.8206)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Hop onto the updraft closest to the overhanging vine on the north side. This will give you enough lift to glide onto the vine and avoid damage.

Otherwise, use gliding techniques to avoid taking any damage from the rocks. Quickly slow libg down is normally enough. For the gravity orbs, or whatever they are, it’s best to keep as far away from them as you can. If you can’t, keep moving and try as best as you can to avoid them. It’ll require a little bit of luck.

Difficulty getting into the air sounds like an issue with your connection between your computer and the game server. On your end, the best you can do is turn down your graphical settings and stop all programs outside of the application from running as well as accessing the Internet. This is just to give you the optimal chance at not running into any issues. Of course there are some things you cannot controls such as if it was on your internet service providers end or with the game server.

Posted by: MisterOiZo.4359

MisterOiZo.4359

Same here, especially the launching in the air fails on me way too many times. It has nothing to to with lag or any Internet connection related problem since i have a very good ping time, furthermore I never have this problem on any other updraft’s that you can use from the ground like in the dragon stand map or in verdant brink. to me it just seems very tedious to even get in the air, this made me replay the fancy flight part over and over and over again just to fail on the 1 or the 2nd launch. Sorry but it’s just poorly made and definitively NOT fun. I will try the updraft that Ayrilana has mentioned but in all honestly you should be able to use any of the updrafts since they are there to get you up.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Just checking, are you running onto the updrafts or jumping onto them? Unlike any other updrafts, jumping will make it fail. It’s like you have to actually trigger a mine by stepping on it here. If you run across one it should fling you up, and then you need to deploy your glider and steer into the updraft pretty fast.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I find that walking up to an updraft and hitting f once launches me.

Posted by: Gunsnroll.2657

Gunsnroll.2657

Do it with a friend, die after Eir + Canach. Let him do it alone. ezpz

Posted by: Soggy Biscuit.9372

Soggy Biscuit.9372

So this horribly designed achievement still hasn’t been fixed apparently. The kittening glider just randomly refuses to deploy after launching. This is the only achieve preventing me from completing the chapter, but after 34 kittening tries going through the dull and long-kitten fight over and over only to fail thanks to RNG, I’m done. kittening Jesus.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

So this horribly designed achievement still hasn’t been fixed apparently. The kittening glider just randomly refuses to deploy after launching. This is the only achieve preventing me from completing the chapter, but after 34 kittening tries going through the dull and long-kitten fight over and over only to fail thanks to RNG, I’m done. kittening Jesus.

Unfortunately GW2 just LOVES to punish people with less than great FPS. Otherwise they wouldn’t continually add things to the game that are twitch-dependent. It is a change of direction for the game that is unfortunate for people from other countries who purchased the game based on the Core only to find out how much Anet just doesn’t care about them.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Rifled Yolks.2097

Rifled Yolks.2097

I’ve been doing Hearts & Minds for a few weeks now trying to get the “flights of fancy” achievement (without cheesing it and cheating) and every time, the achievement just disappears at the very tail end of the 3rd round of gliding. just as I’m about to land.
It disappears at the exact same time for other player’s in my group too. I am assuming that it is bugged??? …and if so when will it be fixed?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Are you going too close to the ground? You can get hit by the ground’s effect even without touching it.

Ayrilana.1396

I did the achievement solo as have many others. It’s far from impossible. The boulders are slow moving so learn how to avoid them. I almost want to say that he throws them at certain, predictable intervals. The only RNG with that achievement is solely based on the individual players skill.

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

I don’t understand this achievement. Do I have to be in my own instance to get credit? The rocks are easy to see and slow-moving, and I don’t appear to get hit by them but I still never get credit. Is there some other reason I wouldn’t get credit for it? I can’t figure it out!

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I don’t understand this achievement. Do I have to be in my own instance to get credit? The rocks are easy to see and slow-moving, and I don’t appear to get hit by them but I still never get credit. Is there some other reason I wouldn’t get credit for it? I can’t figure it out!

Tiny, weak, hard-to-see orbs show up in later flights. All they do is an insignificant amount of damage and strip the achievement from you.

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

Tiny, weak, hard-to-see orbs show up in later flights. All they do is an insignificant amount of damage and strip the achievement from you.

Ahh, now the rocks may be easy to avoid but those little guys are far more numerous. Is there some trick to avoiding them?

Ayrilana.1396

Ahh, now the rocks may be easy to avoid but those little guys are far more numerous. Is there some trick to avoiding them?

I went to the other side so I was out of range. Just watch out for the rocks as you move over.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

There’s a branch over the platform you can land on. If you stay deep enough on it, it blocks all the smaller projectiles and 99% of the bigger ones, even if by chance they’ll even fly in your direction (most of them just don’t).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November