"Hearts and Minds" Hates Me

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: AlphaDelilas.2873

AlphaDelilas.2873

Seriously.

I tried like hell to get it the first 2-3 weeks the x-pac was out, but it was way too buggy and kept blocking me from doing anything.

Then when it was sorted out I tried getting in and it is impossible for me to do it by myself. Just literally impossible. I guess I’m not pro-leet enough for that stuff.

Then when I finally got a guildee to help me the servers wonked out and I crashed.

Now I just tried doing it again and my playing as a Sylvari bit me in the butt so hard. The stupid part at the beginning when you’re on the same side as Mordy? It glitched out because my guildee’s Elemental killed me and that glitched me onto Mordy’s team for all eternity. Guildee left the instance and it let me start fighting, but as noted already I’m not cool enough to kill Mordy by myself and I died.

I just don’t get it at all

Posted by: slpr.2647

slpr.2647

yeah, it must hate me too. i can get as far as the updrafts part then everything goes to hell. i think its partly because by that point ive been fighting so long that im at burnout phase. tired of it alrdy. the whole thing kinda takes to long, especially after you do several attempts. it starts gettin old. Im sure someones gonna come along and say we just suck lol all i want is the mastery point for completing story, but Nooooooo.

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

It just takes a little bit of practice. Learn enemy attacks and avoid lethal ones. If you’re physically unable to dodge or activate your skills properly, get tankier gear. It will take you longer to complete, but you will eventually get it done. In my experience every class can comfortably do it solo, but some are easier than others, especially for a noobie. So if you’re having trouble completing it on one class, try another one. I had a lot of fun on my necro, didn’t take much effort at all.

If you can name which exact part gives you trouble, people might be able to provide you some insight. In my experience gliding part gives people the most trouble, especially when playing for the first time and they don’t know what’s coming. For that, I’d recommend:
1) Get to an updraft ASAP. If you don’t get blown upwards, try pressing F (or whatever is your interact key), I think it might force the updraft to activate. After you’re in the air hold spacebar until your glider opens.
2) Mordy throws boulders at your predicted location (based on where you’re moving towards). It helps if you change your direction often and quickly fly back and forth.
3) If you happen to get smashed to the ground, it’s not lost yet, you can still get back up. Follow step 1.

Posted by: Eleiyas.8217

Eleiyas.8217

As someone who recently had to do this story mission 10 times in a day (no joke), I will agree on some points.

My original play-through was on my boosted level 80 Mesmer/Chrono. I solo’d it. I didn’t even have the proper equipment (I wasn’t full zerkers at the time).

Now, I’ll admit that Mesmer/Chrono is probably the best and easiest class to do this with – needless to say, it took me well over an hour to complete the mission solo.

Now, the only problem I have with the mission is the length.

The fact the mission is so long gives me (personally) an extremely high risk of disconnecting or crashing.

Not to mention that since the July 26th patch, the game seems to crash every few hours as well doesn’t help.

Now, tips:

- do it once yourself. you’ll get to know how each boss works.
- look in LFG and you’ll usually find someone doing this mission – with 5 people it’s a breeze that only takes like 15 minutes.

Posted by: MokahTGS.7850

MokahTGS.7850

The worst part about this fight is it’s length adds to the likelihood of one part bugging out continually. I still haven’t been able to finish this story due to it bugging out every time on one of the stages throughout the play through.

Posted by: Corvinus.8634

Corvinus.8634

I got it on second try on my condi druid. Died first time due to not understanding the updrafts were actually updrafts ;p I’ll agree it’s a bit long, but was pretty good quest, very immersive compared to much else.

I just wanted to add to those struggling that the last 50% is the easiest by far. Especially if you have nice AoE.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

As someone who recently had to do this story mission 10 times in a day (no joke), I will agree on some points.

My original play-through was on my boosted level 80 Mesmer/Chrono. I solo’d it. I didn’t even have the proper equipment (I wasn’t full zerkers at the time).

Now, I’ll admit that Mesmer/Chrono is probably the best and easiest class to do this with – needless to say, it took me well over an hour to complete the mission solo.

Now, the only problem I have with the mission is the length.

The fact the mission is so long gives me (personally) an extremely high risk of disconnecting or crashing.

Not to mention that since the July 26th patch, the game seems to crash every few hours as well doesn’t help.

Now, tips:

- do it once yourself. you’ll get to know how each boss works.
- look in LFG and you’ll usually find someone doing this mission – with 5 people it’s a breeze that only takes like 15 minutes.

Yes mesmer is relatively easy to solo this fight on, well chrono is at any rate because it has so much more CC than base mesmer does.

slpr.2647

Just tried another dozen and a half times, to no avail. at this point im giving up. the darn thing takes so long that i get tired of trying to kill and stay alive at the same time, get frustrated, die, start over again, with frustration alrdy in place. doesnt pay to try anymore. does story really need to be like this? lol

OriOri.8724

Its not that bad don’t give up man. Just stick with it. What class do you play?

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Just tried another dozen and a half times, to no avail. at this point im giving up. the darn thing takes so long that i get tired of trying to kill and stay alive at the same time, get frustrated, die, start over again, with frustration alrdy in place. doesnt pay to try anymore. does story really need to be like this? lol

I agree, I have given up on some of the Living Story fights in the past also because I just can’t seem to get past them. I wouldn’t have even done it as many times as you have.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Why not just get some help. Go with a friend. I do this mission fairly frequently with people in my guild, why not just tag along one time?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

What Vayne said. I’ve completed it a lot of times (still no Migraine or Flights of Fancy, so I’m game to go again) but only one time did I solo it. When I started my run of completions to finish my ley armor collection, I decided to try it on a Reaper. I made it thanks to Reapers having all sorts of ways to cheat death, but it was such a long slog I nabbed at least one other person for each subsequent playthrough.

If you can’t sync schedules with me or Vayne or others, then make an LFG listing asking for help with it. You will likely find at least one person in similar straits, and just one more makes the whole thing much smoother.

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

I’ve done this story step on a few of my characters, including my main and squishiest in game, a thief.

I’m up for going again on normal or Migraine once another character is near the end so if you’re on EU and I’m online (add me in friends list) I’ll gladly come along.

Kitten.

slpr.2647

Its not that bad don’t give up man. Just stick with it. What class do you play?

My ranger is the only char i have that far in story.

I really appreciate all the offers of help, but i seriously dont think i can enter that instance again for at least a month lol

OriOri.8724

I just rolled a ranger so not very familiar with it yet, do you have decent access to CC? Easiest way to solo this instance is to bring ranged weapons and kite around blighted Eir/Garm, blighted Canach, and then kite Mordremoth. Bring at least 1 stunbreak with you, and a strong heal on a short-ish CD.

It might take a few more tries, but don’t give up. Some tips:

1 – Just kite blighted eir/garm. Don’t engage in melee with garm. Preferably use a ranged weapon that can load him up with conditions, but either way just kite him until hes down, then use all your burst on Eir. Use your hard CC here as well to increase the amount of time you have to burst her down.

2 – Just kite blighted canach. At some point regular canach will tell you to use his shield to break blighted canach’s defiance bar. Don’t do it. Just continue strafing in a circle around blighted canach and using ranged attacks on him. His attacks are easy to see and dodge.

3 – Mordremoth himself is actually a fairly easy fight, its the non-fighting parts I had the most trouble with (the gliding parts). Just focus on not getting hit and chipping away at his health. Eventually he will summon blighted forms of your companions (rytlock comes first). Same strategy as before, kite them around and just hit them with ranged attacks/conditions while avoiding the attacks mordremoth is throwing at you as those are more dangerous during these phases. When the rift opens, just wait until its safe to close it and then do it. For the last part of the fight just make sure you have enough CC to break his defiance bar and hurt him. It will take a few rifts to kill him but its entirely doable solo.

This is definitely not the most efficient way to take on this instance, but its by far the safest/easiest since it avoids most of the attacks by having you kite around and just using ranged weapons/condis until you get to the few times when you need to burst.

Vayne.8563

I just rolled a ranger so not very familiar with it yet, do you have decent access to CC? Easiest way to solo this instance is to bring ranged weapons and kite around blighted Eir/Garm, blighted Canach, and then kite Mordremoth. Bring at least 1 stunbreak with you, and a strong heal on a short-ish CD.

It might take a few more tries, but don’t give up. Some tips:

1 – Just kite blighted eir/garm. Don’t engage in melee with garm. Preferably use a ranged weapon that can load him up with conditions, but either way just kite him until hes down, then use all your burst on Eir. Use your hard CC here as well to increase the amount of time you have to burst her down.

2 – Just kite blighted canach. At some point regular canach will tell you to use his shield to break blighted canach’s defiance bar. Don’t do it. Just continue strafing in a circle around blighted canach and using ranged attacks on him. His attacks are easy to see and dodge.

3 – Mordremoth himself is actually a fairly easy fight, its the non-fighting parts I had the most trouble with (the gliding parts). Just focus on not getting hit and chipping away at his health. Eventually he will summon blighted forms of your companions (rytlock comes first). Same strategy as before, kite them around and just hit them with ranged attacks/conditions while avoiding the attacks mordremoth is throwing at you as those are more dangerous during these phases. When the rift opens, just wait until its safe to close it and then do it. For the last part of the fight just make sure you have enough CC to break his defiance bar and hurt him. It will take a few rifts to kill him but its entirely doable solo.

This is definitely not the most efficient way to take on this instance, but its by far the safest/easiest since it avoids most of the attacks by having you kite around and just using ranged weapons/condis until you get to the few times when you need to burst.

Relatively good CC on a ranger. Longbow 4 is a knockback, longbow 5 is a cripple, the spike trap is a launch, and if you happen to have the electric wyvern, the F2 kill is fantastic for breaking bars.

If you use axe warhorn as a secondary, the 3 axe skill has chill, and if you’re already a druid, the 5 skill in the avatar form has a good one as well. Also, your elite entangle can help too if you’re still having problems.

I’m sure there’s more, but those are my go tos.

If you are in the last phase with mordremoth and you can’t break his bar, you can actually get out of combat by going all the way to the back and you can switch out skills.

OriOri.8724

Oh that’s nice to know about being able to switch out skills in the final part of the fight will probably be useful when I go back and try migraine mode. It sounds like ranger/druid has plenty of CC, and with the healing that druid has this fight should be fairly straightforward, even if it will be long.

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

My first “Hearts and Minds” took more than 9 hours to complete as I kept getting cast back and having to start over on phases of the fight.

It’s gotten better since. Each phase has a mechanic that makes it ( relatively ) easy if you catch on. Pay close attention to the patterns and work around them.

Mesmerising Girl

Posted by: nutri.1385

nutri.1385

I finished the story once as a ranger by myself (now I’m playing as ranger again). I didn’t really prepare any special weapons, armor or build. I had two pets, both with AoE skills (Murellow and Alpine Wolf as I recall), I used traps and the torch AoE skill.

My strategy for the final battle when the “clones” of the heroes are summoned by Mordremoth was such: I ran around placing traps and the torch AoE skill with my pet attacking the enemy. It took rather long and I remember that the hardest of them was the one summoned after Rytlock (don’t remember which one that was, a female hero?).

The hardest part which made me die and repeat the mission were blighted Eir and Garm (I hate sniper skills) but eventually the pet attacks and my ranged attacks and traps combined with a lot of running around avoiding Eir did the job.

The updrafts part with Mordremoth was tough too but mainly because I just didn’t know what to do at first. After that it wasn’t bad.

I actually enjoyed the final mission and when I looked up several reviews afterwards, I was surprised to see that so many people complain it was too easy. Imho it wasn’t – but then I was alone and not really prepared so maybe that’s the reason.

Anyway – it’s hard but doable.

All things have a right to grow.

Posted by: Madastertwo.8729

Madastertwo.8729

For my group of 3, we can get to the end fight with Mordremoth, and not sure if it is due to the fact that the instance owner dies in previous stages and is sitting in the penalty box or not, but when the first rift is opened on the final stage, all the adds are killed and gone and Mordremoth remains invulnerable, just spamming his electric damaging circles with no way to do damage to him. This has happened to us 3 times so far. Where the rift used to be is a couple of squiggle white lines. Eventually we just give up and leave.

I wish there was a way to get assistance on these when it happens rather than having to fight your way through the dang thing over and over. I’m assuming it is a bug, but it has happened pretty consistent for us.

MokahTGS.7850

For my group of 3, we can get to the end fight with Mordremoth, and not sure if it is due to the fact that the instance owner dies in previous stages and is sitting in the penalty box or not, but when the first rift is opened on the final stage, all the adds are killed and gone and Mordremoth remains invulnerable, just spamming his electric damaging circles with no way to do damage to him. This has happened to us 3 times so far. Where the rift used to be is a couple of squiggle white lines. Eventually we just give up and leave.

I wish there was a way to get assistance on these when it happens rather than having to fight your way through the dang thing over and over. I’m assuming it is a bug, but it has happened pretty consistent for us.

This is exactly what happens to my group. We have attempted it many times and it always bugs out in this manner. We have bug reported so many times but it seems to be ignored. Haven’t been able to finish HoT because of this exact bug.

Djinn.9245

Sounds like it would be helpful if you could go back to a checkpoint in the episode.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Vayne.8563

This is exactly what happens to my group. We have attempted it many times and it always bugs out in this manner. We have bug reported so many times but it seems to be ignored. Haven’t been able to finish HoT because of this exact bug.

Are you breaking his bar though?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It can be very hard to break his bar when that rift bug happens. I managed it a couple of times only because two of us remained alive to work on it while the others including the instance owner were in the penalty box.

I have a theory, not rigorously tested, that the bug happens if anyone other than the instance owner operates any of the rifts while in the pre-fights before meeting Mordy. Certainly the bug has not happened when I have successfully persuaded others in the party to leave all rifts to the instance owner, and has happened when someone else ninja’d an earlier rift. However, I cannot swear that the instance owner’s penalty box is not a contributing or deciding factor in the bug as by that point of the fight I’m really just concentrating on staying alive myself and don’t always know whether or not the instance owner has survived.

Posted by: Madastertwo.8729

Madastertwo.8729

Well on a happy note, we completed it and it all worked fine. Instance owner still died do to getting knocked out of the air right before final fight. Rifts opened, stunned him allowing us to burn him down. No idea what changed in that whole scenario, but in any case we managed to get it done. Thanks for your suggestions everyone.

Oh, break bar. It was broken every time we used the rift. We all took extra CC into the battle and I can’t recall at any point in the final battle where it was needed. So go figure.

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

Hmm I got HoT a month or two ago and completed the story on my guardian solo. I certainly am not gonna sit here and say it was easy, but I am glad I didn’t have any of the problems people describe here. Died a few times but that was it. I do remember it being pretty hectic though.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

MokahTGS.7850

Are you breaking his bar though?

Nothing we attempt has any effect on moving the encounter forward when this point is reached. This includes bar breaking.

Posted by: Avind De Maros.7306

Avind De Maros.7306

ANet really screwed this one up. We have spent hours trying to get past this. I read through the forums and it seems we all have the same problems. The FREAKING GLIDERS DONT WORK!!! Time and time again we lose it to the fact that we die because of this one event. Then, when we finally did get one person to live until the very last part, she got Morty down to the point where he was stunned with about 5% health and could do no further damage. This went on for over an hour. ANet can kiss my butt on this one. In a game that has otherwise been so well designed they screwed this one up in the worst way. It would be my advice to either skip the heart of thorns story lines entirely or just bow out of this last chapter. It is not worth the frustration and based upon how long these complaints have been in the posts it doesn’t look like it is ever going to be fixed.

Vayne.8563

And yet I did this today with people and the gliders work perfectly. You have to walk into the spouts (they’re not updrafts) and if you walk into them they work every single time. Naturally once you’re in the air you have to press space bar.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

And yet I did this today with people and the gliders work perfectly. You have to walk into the spouts (they’re not updrafts) and if you walk into them they work every single time. Naturally once you’re in the air you have to press space bar.

…and this different mechanic to what we were trained over four HoT maps to do … sucks. It makes me sad.

It’s not inherently wrong, it’s just super-confusing, and easy to, eg, see people try and jump in because you normally jump-glide-updraft to get in the air.

So, yeah, people mistake “I don’t know how to do it” for “it’s broken” all the time — see the rift stabilizer “events” that people assume are broken for the same reason.

Djinn.9245

“MY gliders worked perfectly, nya nya!”

I don’t see the point in people talking about how they DIDN’T have any problems with this instance. What are you all trying to say – its not possible for some people to get a bugged instance? Or maybe its not possible for the internet to affect your experience? Or any number of other factors that could happen?

Gliders aren’t the only issue with this instance. What about the boss being stunned at 5% health? Is some kind of research required for players to figure out that part of the fight?

Vayne.8563

…and this different mechanic to what we were trained over four HoT maps to do … sucks. It makes me sad.

It’s not inherently wrong, it’s just super-confusing, and easy to, eg, see people try and jump in because you normally jump-glide-updraft to get in the air.

So, yeah, people mistake “I don’t know how to do it” for “it’s broken” all the time — see the rift stabilizer “events” that people assume are broken for the same reason.

I agree with this 100%. People try to jump into it and if they’re not on the ground, they don’t go up. It’s not an updraft, it’s a spout. It looks different too. I needs much better messaging.

That’s one of the biggest issues in this game….consistency.

Vayne.8563

“MY gliders worked perfectly, nya nya!”

I don’t see the point in people talking about how they DIDN’T have any problems with this instance. What are you all trying to say – its not possible for some people to get a bugged instance? Or maybe its not possible for the internet to affect your experience? Or any number of other factors that could happen?

Gliders aren’t the only issue with this instance. What about the boss being stunned at 5% health? Is some kind of research required for players to figure out that part of the fight?

I’m saying that people are trying to jump into it thinking it’s an updraft and they won’t work that way. I’m saying if you walk into it, it will propel you into the air 100% of the time in my experience and the experience of other people I’ve talked to who said it was bugged. I’m saying it’s far more likely not a bug, but bad messaging on the part of Anet, who put in water spouts, which everyone believes are updrafts.

If you walk into it it’ll work and no one has ever told me otherwise. Once you’re in the air, you hit your wings.

I’ve had easily a dozen people tell me they were bugged, in my guild, who I then told how to do it, and when they did it that way, they found it wasn’t bugged. It was simply a case of bad messaging.

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

ANet really screwed this one up. We have spent hours trying to get past this. I read through the forums and it seems we all have the same problems. The FREAKING GLIDERS DONT WORK!!! Time and time again we lose it to the fact that we die because of this one event. Then, when we finally did get one person to live until the very last part, she got Morty down to the point where he was stunned with about 5% health and could do no further damage. This went on for over an hour. ANet can kiss my butt on this one. In a game that has otherwise been so well designed they screwed this one up in the worst way. It would be my advice to either skip the heart of thorns story lines entirely or just bow out of this last chapter. It is not worth the frustration and based upon how long these complaints have been in the posts it doesn’t look like it is ever going to be fixed.

So take charge of your own gameplay, analyse why the vast majority of people do not have these problems when you do and adapt. Its the only answer really, you are the only one that knows what you do. My advice for what its worth is add more defense into your build so you can tolerate a few mistakes and get more learning time.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Posted by: LiewKW.6410

LiewKW.6410

Uh, I am not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but during the gliding phase, it’s possible to land on one of the tree branches and be safe the entire time. Mord’s rocks will not hit you at all if you stay on the branch.

Posted by: TwoGhosts.6790

TwoGhosts.6790

1)
Updraft Phases: how to / how not to

Some of this has already been mentioned here, but to reiterate:

• DO NOT attempt to jump and then deploy your glider to catch an updraft; Anet spent four maps and several story chapters training players in how to use the new mechanic of gliding only then to confuse them at this final story step.
  • You only need to walk into an updraft to catch it.
  • Then, as you’re rising, hold down your space bar and wait. This is to catch the auto-glide mechanic at the maximum possible height once you begin to fall (if you’re pressing your space bar at any point when your character is classed as falling then your glider will deploy if it is able to do so – this is the default, unchangeable auto-glide mechanic that so annoys puzzle-jumpers).
  • From there just glide around as normal, changing direction often to avoid the stones (which attempt to predict where you will be).
  • As some have mentioned, it is possible to land on the tree branch if you can manage it.

The most important thing to remember is not to jump around at any time, either in panic or in an attempt to ‘catch an updraft’. That is not how the updrafts work best here; you don’t need to be already airborne to trigger them, you have to simply walk into one for it to trigger; if you already happen to be in the middle of any jump frames when you intersect with an updraft then it won’t trigger. That is why jumping around at any point in this phase can hurt your chances

Of course, if you are jumping around and have been lucky enough to catch a glide, and then subsequently lucky enough to also manage to hit an updraft within that short glide, then you will catch the lift… but that’s why this approach seems so hitty-missy (or, as some perhaps feel, bugged). You don’t need to be gliding already to catch your first updraft; it’s much easier not to be.

2)
Final Phase: ’broken’ Defiance bar / no Rift spawning

From the Wiki:
“In the final phase, sometimes Mordremoth’s defiance bar won’t be broken after activating the rift and a new rift will not appear. If that happens he is immune to all attacks, but the bar can now be broken using crowd control skills such as Knockback or Chill.”

From what I have read elsewhere, and from my own experience (see below), there seems to be a high chance that if you are experiencing this problem you are in a party and one or more of you is defeated and is in the ‘penalty box’.

My experience and a potential solution:

• I was helping my girlfriend to complete the story. I had already soloed it myself on my thief, but she was becoming increasingly frustrated with it and just wanted it done. Ironically, during the final glide phase I was the one who got knocked out of the air and couldn’t get airborne again in time. So I was defeated and was ‘spectating’ from the penalty box, just trying to talk her through the final phase.
  • She was doing ok, but then just simply couldn’t get any further, and I could see the problem since I had Mordremoth targeted. There was no Rift respawning and, while she was able to drop his defiance most of the way, she just couldn’t manage to break it all the way by herself before it shot back up again. Over and over again this went on. That’s when I checked the Wiki and realised it was a known issue.
  • Not quite sure what to do I just decided to exit her instance; we had nothing really to lose by me just leaving at this point.
  • Moments later she squealed in glee that the Rift had respawned.
  • Soon thereafter: mission completed.

And so, for what it’s worth…
If you are experiencing this issue, and if one or more of your party is defeated and in the penalty box, have them leave the instance and see if that helps.

Obviously, that’s not an ideal solution if anyone in the penalty box is the instance-owner or also needs to complete the mission, but it might be better than nothing.

Hope some of this is useful.
Good luck!
~TG

Djinn.9245

the vast majority of people do not have these problems when you do

I don’t know why you would say this when you have no way of knowing how many people do anything in this game.

Vayne.8563

I don’t know why you would say this when you have no way of knowing how many people do anything in this game.

Djinn is right. We have no way of knowing how many people are having problems. The percentage of people who do not post to the forums is huge.

All I can say is that I’ve done this mission myself myriad times now, and I’ve taught other people how to do it who used to have problems. None of the people I’ve explained it to have had problems since, at least with regards to the updrafts.

I find it hard to believe that I can run this content 20-30 times in a row without bug, and reconcile it with the “buggy mess” that some people are claiming.

On the other hand, it’s extremely likely that some bugs exist.

The truth is usually somewhere between the extremes.

Posted by: Lite Ning Strike.5203

Lite Ning Strike.5203

Djinn is right. We have no way of knowing how many people are having problems. The percentage of people who do not post to the forums is huge.

All I can say is that I’ve done this mission myself myriad times now, and I’ve taught other people how to do it who used to have problems. None of the people I’ve explained it to have had problems since, at least with regards to the updrafts.

I find it hard to believe that I can run this content 20-30 times in a row without bug, and reconcile it with the “buggy mess” that some people are claiming.

I have both completed this with muliple toons and have been part of groups that failed because we were down to one person left (me) and my Mesmer wasn’t able to get the breakbar down before it went back up to 100%.

Easiest solution would be to not allow the breakbar to regenerate until it has been taken all the way down. The add the normal timer to how long before it build back up.

Again just my opinion but seems like a more simple fix….

The First and Only Blaq Sheep

Vayne.8563

I have both completed this with muliple toons and have been part of groups that failed because we were down to one person left (me) and my Mesmer wasn’t able to get the breakbar down before it went back up to 100%.

Easiest solution would be to not allow the breakbar to regenerate until it has been taken all the way down. The add the normal timer to how long before it build back up.

Again just my opinion but seems like a more simple fix….

Mesmer is one of the easier professions to do this on, because mesmer has so many excellent ways to break bars. The trick with the mesmer is to kill all the adds first before you stand on the portal, which breaks the bar. You can have blink on to help you reach it quickly but you don’t have to. Signet of humility will break the bar the rest of the way and it’s only one skill. Put blink on your bar too, so you can move there faster, and use your great sword 5 skill or your focus pull skill both of which will help break the bar. My main is a mesmer and I’ve soloed this on a mesmer quite a few times. It’s my second easiest character to solo it on next to my ranger.

Also, if you go to the far end away from Mordemonth, you can get out of combat to change skills, which I had to do to beat it on my ele.

So there’s no reason not to be able to do it. You need to close the distance faster (every profession has skills that do that), you have to break the bar (every profession has skills that can do that) and you can then kill him.

If you don’t do a lot of DPS you’ll have to repeat that sequence four or five times, but it really doesn’t take that long. It’s definitely doable.

Posted by: Skyric.9246

Skyric.9246

Having just recently done this instance several times in an effort to find a fail proof way to get the flights of fancy achievement solo, I can tell you how I did it and can now do it reliably every time. I can also tell you that I’ve never seen any bugs when doing it solo for the first time way back when when I went through the personal story or just last week when I was going for the achievement.

1. Assuming you’re having trouble with the forced flight portions of the fight: There are such phases: (1) when you kill the first 2 blighted people; (2) when you kill the second 2 blighted people; (3) and when Mordy is at 25% health. When you reach these stages, race to the NE corner of the room near the speed boost mushroom in that area. Right next to that area a spout will spawn. I’m calling it a spout because what you see are not updrafts in the traditional sense because you can’t jump and glide into them.

2. WALK into the spout i mentioned, fall a little, then deploy your glider. Falling a little will allow you to gain enough height when you deploy your glider to land on a vine branch in the north/north east area of the arena. Land on that vine branch and you’re good to go. Do not panic, do not glide around all over the arena trying to catch another updraft/spout. If you walk into the spout, fall a little, then deploy your glider, you can land on the branch reliably every time. Even if a rock hits you up there it won’t do much damage at all to you. Rinse and repeat for the win.

3. If you want the flights of fancy achievement, which requires you not to get hit by rocks or torment orbs at all in the forced flight stages, then do what I said above, with one additional thing. On the branch if you’re facing Mordy, you can see to your left, how there’s a little dip in the branch going down. Gently get on that lower dip, and pan your camera up so the big branch is between you and Mordy. You will not get hit by anything.

4. As for the final phase, I’ve only done it on a fairly min/maxed staff tempest with food (cheap version of seaweed salad), so I was able to burn down Mordy all the way in one burn without the breakbar coming back. I’ve never seen a bugged breakbar. If you don’t have the dps, just equip your best breakbar weapon set.

Good luck and hope this helps. For the forced flight stages, I’ve never had this not work once I followed all of the above.