Heavy Supply Bags ... Missing?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Heavy Supply Bags are required item in Guild Hall upgrades (it says 50 – Scribing: Minor Supply Drop).

Here is the Wiki for Heavy Supply Bag: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Heavy_Supply_Bag
It states the (now inaccessible) Alpine WvW map as the only source of heavy supply bags.

Here is GW2 Spidy graph showing volatility (see the small graph at the bottom) – it indicates that there are no bags selling since the map was unavailable, in addition to an escalation in price way beyond anything reasonable.
http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/9285

TL;DR Please can we have a way to acquire these now inaccessible, yet necessary, items?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

Posted by: party buddy.4956

party buddy.4956

I came to the forum just now to inquire HOW THE HELLAMI SPOSED TO GET HEAVY SUPPLY BAGS!1!!2!ONE!

and look here is a post on the front page asking the same thing.
More proof the left hand (PvE) isn’t paying attention to the right hand (wvW)

this forums’ functionality is horrible…

Posted by: Nightcore.7839

Nightcore.7839

Ran into this earlier today when I was looking around at guild upgrades. The only way to get them currently is the pvp reward track which i don’t feel is viable in any way shape or form. It would take my guild 5-6 completions of an entire reward track each person to maybe get enough bags to get the first tier upgrades that require them. which is just ridiculous. Unless theres a hidden camp of lvl 80 centaurs running around, theres literally no options.

Svarty.8019

Bumpington Fitzsimmons-Smythe III

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Posted by: Naga.1805

Naga.1805

Please explain Anet! Did someone forget to add them to the new content?

Posted by: party buddy.4956

party buddy.4956

sad, another example of selective hearing by anet – new wvw map ruined wvw, and as a bonus… wheres the kitten heavy supply bags…

this forums’ functionality is horrible…

Posted by: Fellfoot.8156

Fellfoot.8156

[AIR] Henge of Denravi aka Pink Abu, [BAMA] RollTide
chopping wood one day, dropped a piece,
all I could say was, “…fell…foot…”

(edited by Fellfoot.8156)

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

I would sure like to know if this is going to get fixed before sinking any more time or money into it. Right now 175 bags * 5g each = 875 g for one ingredient used for 3 upgrades!

Posted by: Atlas.8634

Atlas.8634

I wonder if they are going to be reintroduced in the upcoming Raid. Has there been any released information on what the raid is going to be based around, story wise?

Posted by: Sungtaro.6493

Sungtaro.6493

I wonder if they are going to be reintroduced in the upcoming Raid. Has there been any released information on what the raid is going to be based around, story wise?

No idea. Though it would be bitterly ironic if an item that is a key component to several wvw upgrades used to drop in wvw, and was removed for HoT, and would only be available through sPvP and PvE raids.

So, in short, to upgrade for wvw, you have to not participate in wvw.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

Posted by: HiroTenKai.9832

HiroTenKai.9832

Honestly if I was you guys I would buy the heavy supply bags that you could I own 80% of that market probably more 1300+ Heavy Supply Bags being sold. And I intend on raising the prices higher next month more then likely

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

Honestly if I was you guys I would buy the heavy supply bags that you could I own 80% of that market probably more 1300+ Heavy Supply Bags being sold. And I intend on raising the prices higher next month more then likely

5 minutes after someone buys a large quantity of bags…new patch changes the requirement to something else! Bag price drops to 2s.

Posted by: zerorogue.9410

zerorogue.9410

It’s a case of one dev not realizing what the other is doing, this will very likely be fixed soon. Untill then you can still get them in game. Two parts of the krytan spvp reward track have a chance to drop them(already got one and sold for 4g )

Posted by: Alteraphim.4629

Alteraphim.4629

You can get them from a reward track, but I don’t know how many you can get. It’s in the Kryta reward track in the centaur loot boxes

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Terrific. We can just Spvp for the bags and won’t need to buy any of Hiro’s.

And those of us that don’t need the bags ourselves can sell them and undercut him. lol

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

I was wondering this too. Makes me sad. I quit over the transmutation stone change and how all our sigils and runes got stuck in WvW gear. I really don’t know why I’m sticking around. This is so dumb.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

Posted by: HiroTenKai.9832

HiroTenKai.9832

Honestly undercutting me is were i make most of my profits people who sell cheap so i can sell higher its the way the TP works.

Posted by: Sungtaro.6493

Sungtaro.6493

Or we can just decide not build those upgrades since the utility is marginal in wvw and the cost for building one use is extremely high like 4 to 5 gold per use.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

At this point, the cost for WvW simply doesn’t balance out with the benefit, so yeah, there’s no reason right now to even buy these bags and do that upgrade.

I’d definitely wait until they add a larger faucet for these and buy them then.

Svarty.8019

Is there a source of these yet?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Is there a source of these yet?

Yes, the same source mentioned about: PvP Kryta track. That’s it until there’s a patch that will specifically mention a new faucet for these and/or a change in the amount required and/or a change in the item. (Or, at least, I hope they will take the time to include it in the notes; sometimes they forget to add important stuff like this.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”