Help in Masteries: Don't know what to do

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: WeiMin.7314

WeiMin.7314

Q:

Hello everyone,

I just bought HoT expansion and I don’t know how Masteries works. My Exp bar is now full and I’m not gaining exp anymore.
In the attachment, my Masteries are still locked, what should I do to unlock it and gain exp again? Thanks!

Attachments:

Posted by: Zephic.3075

Zephic.3075

You need to do the mission “Torn from the Sky” first. Go to the Star icon in your hero menu and click to begin the Heart of Thorns storyline. You need to beat the first mission before the mastery system unlocks.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

You need to do the first two stories in HoT to unlock masteries. Go to your hero panel, and on choose the fouth icon down, story journal. Click on Heart of Thorns and the click on begin story.

The story will send you to the Silverwastes, where you can play through 2 chapters to unlock masteries.

Posted by: WeiMin.7314

WeiMin.7314

Thanks a lot Zephic and Vayne. I will try it now!

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Its that hard to read the grey text under masteries?

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Apparently it is. It’s astounding how people somehow think it is easier/more logical to take a screenshot and ask people on the forums what they’re supposed to do rather than actually read what is on their screen. Even when it’s one sentence that isn’t hidden or obscured by a mass of text… Crazy right.

Posted by: CptTrips.6512

CptTrips.6512

maybe he just didn´t know how to start HoT story?

Posted by: Thrist.9046

Thrist.9046

maybe he just didn´t know how to start HoT story?

This. I don’t think this was particularly well communicated by Anet. A lot of people seem to have trouble with it.

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

Seems like Anet need to dumb the game down even more.

RP enthusiast

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

We were all new once and had these questions.

You’ll need to do the first chapter of the story as mentioned, you’ll also need to gain a mastery point to spend on your unlocked mastery and once you’ve completed one, you’ll need to select another to train in otherwise the experience you’re gaining is not going towards another mastery. You can continue to train the mastery if you don’t have the points for it, but you’ll want to gather them before the bar reaches max.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

We were all new once and had these questions.

You’ll need to do the first chapter of the story as mentioned, you’ll also need to gain a mastery point to spend on your unlocked mastery and once you’ve completed one, you’ll need to select another to train in otherwise the experience you’re gaining is not going towards another mastery. You can continue to train the mastery if you don’t have the points for it, but you’ll want to gather them before the bar reaches max.

Finishing Torn from the Sky also gives a mastery point so completing that gets you both a point and the unlock.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery

Should have everything you need.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: ShadowCatz.8437

ShadowCatz.8437

Hello everyone,

I just bought HoT expansion and I don’t know how Masteries works. My Exp bar is now full and I’m not gaining exp anymore.
In the attachment, my Masteries are still locked, what should I do to unlock it and gain exp again? Thanks!

In Tyria you need to put that unlock active to gain XP to it and then you make use of your Mastery Points (which you either collect from doing AP – see list in link – or finish story part in your Hero Panel). You can only earn XP in that part of map which belong to Tyria or Maguuma, so you will need to go to Maguuma to earn XP for Gliding which you now can also use in Tyria.

Here is a wiki describing tracks: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Central_Tyria_mastery_tracks

For Maguuma: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Heart_of_Maguuma_mastery_tracks

Mastery Point work the same way as Hero Points did where you have to channel to gain MP in Maguuma maps (green dots). Make sure that you consume MP instead of waiting until later. You will find it in the same place you can see chests and other reward items on display. If you don’t do this, then you will not be able to see on map if you already have been there. You can see how many MP you have in Hero Panel and how much XP you will need to unlock that skill or ability from tracks.

Gliding is one of the most important one and the rest are depending if you go from Verdan Brink into another map and want to be able to buy things from vendors or open chests (which work much the same way as in SW). Without “language” you will not be able to purchase keys which you need to open chests. Get ability to jump on Mushroom in VB and later in the rest of HoT as you will need it for some challengers (HP) and to get around in VB.

Don’t forget that doing story for HoT will also give you some MP and replaying Story in Tyria (LS) will also help you to gain your MP for Tyria (red star instead of green star).

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Apparently it is. It’s astounding how people somehow think it is easier/more logical to take a screenshot and ask people on the forums what they’re supposed to do rather than actually read what is on their screen. Even when it’s one sentence that isn’t hidden or obscured by a mass of text… Crazy right.

You two should read the name of this sub forum and then try again. Or even better choice, maybe don’t check this forum at all