Hero Point grind.

Hero Point grind.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Romio.8516

Romio.8516

It is very frustraiting and disappointing for me, that you have to grind heavily for Hero Points in order to play “Elite spec” in PvE/WvW, and also that you can’t get Hero Points via sPvP.
E.g. I haven’t really found any of “classic” Necro specs suitable for me, but from BWE I liked Reaper a lot, so I’ve been waiting for HoT to play Reaper through the “old” Tyria and new content alike. Unfortunately it appeared that I can’t play the way I want right away and in order to do so I have to grind a lot so by the time I achieve this I berely will be motivated enough to play with it.
I’m perfectly fine with grinding skins, achievements, titles and all that kind of stuff as long as it tied to the gameplay in interesting, fun and rewarding way, but play the way I don’t like to grind the playstile I like is just too harsh for me.
I see no reason behind such implementation of “Elite” specs. After all, there’s nothing “Elite” about these specs. It’s just a different spec that can grant you a different playstyle.
I request to lower the amount of Hero Points needed to unlock Elite specs to some reasonable number.
Thank you.

Hero Point grind.

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Didn’t you know? You have to unlock all masterys to access all HP, then grind the HP, basically doing all the content in the game with your necromancer. That way you won’t get to experience a single new thing in the game with your reaper.

Anet designed this extremely poorly. Should simply be a series of quests per profession to do that is about the specizalation.

I HATE HATE HATE WvW but I’m forced to do that to unlock a Herald so I can actually enjoy the new content with a character I want to play

Hero Point grind.

Posted by: Karma.3064

Karma.3064

Honestly, the 400 skill point cap for your elite spec isn’t too bad since each one is worth 10 points each and if you farmed the ones from tyria, you should have half way there. So at the start, before this expansion was released, things didn’t look too bad. I expected to spend a few days finding the hero points and getting my elite spec. However, once i found out that everything is basically locked behind mastery points, this suddenly became one of the biggest wastes of money i have ever spent. I’m impending grind just so that i can actually enjoy my class’s new profession is just crazy. Not to mention, these aren’t supposed to be the only elite specs introduced into the game. If this ends up being the normal trend for all elite specs, i’m going to have a very hard time actually sticking around to play GW2 and i’m already half considering uninstalling as is and just accepting that i blew $60 on content that i wont end up getting my moneys worth because by the time i unlock what i actually wanted to play, i’ll be so burnt out from grinding that i’ll just sit in a town and look at it for a few moments before logging off…..

Hero Point grind.

Posted by: Loony.3714

Loony.3714

I was really disappointed with how much time it is going to take to unlock the elite specs. I dont want to just be handed it, but I had pre-expansion map completion which is a pretty heavy time investment and even then I only made it 46% of the way through the track. I dont have a ton of time to play anymore and I wish that I didnt have to grind hero points for a week or two before I can play chrono in what I was really excited for, fractals.

Hero Point grind.

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

it is pretty bad that the majority of them are locked behind the mastery grind.

want this one? better level up mushroom hopping!

oh, you found a way to reach this one without rank 2 hylek mastery?
we just won’t let you click it.

40 hero challengers in itsself is perfectly fine, sticking it behid a grindwall is pretty bad form!

still the mastery grind is probably my only negative point about HoT, i love the new mobs, love the new story, and absolutely LOVE getting enchanted armour!

Hero Point grind.

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Lol this right here. kitten move anet. kitten move.

Hero Point grind.

Posted by: Nephziel.6053

Nephziel.6053

You only have to unlock mastery once.
Its account bound.

It took me 6 hours to get all the Hero Points I needed for my Berserker, following 1h for Chronomancer.

I’ll have the other 6 done tomorrow (- Herald).
Considering they only need 13 challenges each

You have several types of Exp boosters that stack.
This was the perfect time to use them

Hero Point grind.

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

Lol this right here. kitten move anet. kitten move.

^

/15chars

Hero Point grind.

Posted by: Romio.8516

Romio.8516

Its account bound.

It took me 6 hours to get all the Hero Points I needed for my Berserker, following 1h for Chronomancer.

It still doesn’t change the fact that this is grind. A very dedicated and heavily gated grind. So before I can get the gameplay I want, I just have to take a very specific course of actions on EVERY character I want to unlock spec with, making this repetitive and thus even more grindy.
I like the new content, but I want to experience it playing the new specs on some of my characters. The current spec implementation just seriously hold me back.

Hero Point grind.

Posted by: Khaoscell.3641

Khaoscell.3641

I have been playing all day and am quickly realizing this just isnt for me. I have played since Gw2 came out almost exclusivley in wvw and pvp. And i know that you can unlock the specs in wvw but its just a crazy long grind. Unnecessarily Im hoping and praying Anet changes this it seems counter to everything they build and stand for with Gw2

Hero Point grind.

Posted by: Lian Olsam.9541

Lian Olsam.9541

Its account bound.

could u explain me how did u done it so fast?

Hero Point grind.

Posted by: Cypix Kull.5492

Cypix Kull.5492

Nevermind read the wiki. (/ ºuº)/ ‡

(edited by Cypix Kull.5492)

Hero Point grind.

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

dulfy should make a guide to show all the hero points and the cheapest ways in terms of masteries to get them.

WvW will take way too long. As a PvPer I just really want the tempest should skin.. but I’d be willing to put in 6 hours of work to get it.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Hero Point grind.

Posted by: Brimstar.9036

Brimstar.9036

I was really disappointed with how much time it is going to take to unlock the elite specs. I dont want to just be handed it, but I had pre-expansion map completion which is a pretty heavy time investment and even then I only made it 46% of the way through the track. I dont have a ton of time to play anymore and I wish that I didnt have to grind hero points for a week or two before I can play chrono in what I was really excited for, fractals.

Its been 2 days?! you’re already at 46%?! How is this long?!

Hero Point grind.

Posted by: quinmin.8025

quinmin.8025

I only played WvW and Spvp and never had to do anything in pve to enjoy it.

Now i have to start doing the map completion to get to try the new builds out in WvW.
This is the first time i was this dissepointed in a change.
Mostly since there is hardly any alternetive to get them