Hero Points suggestion/request

Hero Points suggestion/request

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Romio.8516

Romio.8516

I suggest and request to make Hero Points Account bound, rather than Soulbound.

Similar to something like it is with leveling, where I can level a new character from scratch or I can just get the Tomes of Knowledge and gear playing other characters to create a fully prepared 80th right away. I.e. though both ways are fairly time consuming, I have a choice how to pull it out.
For me with such a wide account sharing like in GW2, the Account itself is your character, while toons are shapes and faces.
This was the philosophy I found so much appealing to me in GW2 years ago and liked it all along the way. I see no reason to change that with the current situation.
Basically, with Account shared Hero Points the amount of time and action required to get a fully unlocked Elite specs will remain the same, but now a player will have a choice to play the way deemed most suitable for one. For me this one thing alone will make a huge difference.

For example, my main issue with the implementation of the Elite specs is not even the amount of the Poits, required to unlock, and not the time gate itself, but the fact that if I want to unlock the spec on one character I have to play this specific character, i.e. I cannot experience the new content the way I want, but have to rush and grind trough the Challenges to get the wanted gameplay as quickly as possible. In short: In order to play the way I want I’m forced to play the way I don’t want.
I have a few characters I do not enjoy playing with a classic specs and was waiting for the new specs to give it a try, since liked some of them a lot from BWE.
At the same time, on several other toons I enjoy playing with a classic specs and Elite unlock doesn’t feel much of a frustration, since I don’t need it that much. Getting the Hero Points on these characters feels more like a nice bonus. With this toons I can play through the new content and have fun.

Of Course it might be not the best and only decision for everyone (lowering the required amount and adding HP on the sPvP rewards could be), but personally I feel it really goes well along with the GW2 philosophy, at least with my vision of it.

So here’s my point. I hope I’ve expressed it as clear as my English and Google translate allowed me.
Thank you for your attention.