Hero’s Choice Chests

Hero’s Choice Chests

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

The Hero’s Choice Chests available from Heart of Maguuma bosses have been temporarily disabled while we fix some bugs; other rewards from these bosses are still available. We will re-enable the Hero’s Choice Chests when the issues have been addressed.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

What exactly are bugged about them? Is it something exploitable?

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

They will never tell you about an exploit.
Hopefully this will be fixed soon because the heros chest is the only thing I pick.

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Maybe because you could get more than one if multiple bosses such as VB?

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Too many precursors dropping lately Someone put 5% instead if 0.005%.

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: Cronos.6532

Cronos.6532

it’s not that bad that you can get 2 from TD or more than one per day per map, it’s better that way. don’tfix

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
etherealguardians.com

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

What is a heroes choice chest? Jesus they must be epic rare i’ve never even seen one.

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

They are new as of the big patch, they come out of the meta event boss chests. So if you haven’t completed a Gerent or a DS, e.g., since the patch, you won’t have seen one. I’ve done one successful Gerent and that one gave me the Choice chest.

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: xiiliea.9356

xiiliea.9356

You don’t. That’s another chest.

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

They are new as of the big patch, they come out of the meta event boss chests. So if you haven’t completed a Gerent or a DS, e.g., since the patch, you won’t have seen one. I’ve done one successful Gerent and that one gave me the Choice chest.

I see ok thanks yeah i haven’t, i also crash 99% of those missions so i gave up.

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You don’t. That’s another chest.

Actually, you do.

I got two of these the other night when doing the VB bosses:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Verdant_Brink:_Hero's_Choice_Chest

It’s most likely the reason based on someone’s explanation on Reddit.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Knowing anet the bug is that it gives decent rewards.

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: Kakera.3195

Kakera.3195

I thought the chests were a bit weird because the first and second options were almost never viable, so I tried to think up three rewards that would be fair, on somewhat equal levels of worth, without being too overpowered in gains for all three options. I believe the chests should also not be made daily, because it would devalue playing the maps and turn them into daily grinds which are honestly not very fun; if I want to play Auric Basin 50 times, then I should be rewarded 50 times in somewhat the same way. So here’s my ideas to balance the hero’s choice chests, starting with Tangled Depths:

1. The static reward which is 5 Leaf Fossils is pretty bad, and I believe the chest could give a daily-locked reward in its stead of 25 Ley Line Crystals. This makes it pretty fair without being over the top, and it would be a one-day reward so you won’t be able to farm this amount of crystals every time. This also pleases the “I can’t play a lot every day” crowd, giving them a fair gain for their time still.
  2. The Ley Line Spark choice should be scrapped, because it’s so easy to get them, nobody will pick it. Instead, have that option be to receive a random rare item that suits the Faction Provisioner demands. Some people might just be in it for the gold, so that’s good for them, and others now can access those vendors more readily. This option is for accessibility of those vendors.
  3. The second reward should be a bit more powerful, because nobody really picks 1 chak egg when you can potentially get so many from the crystals and the keys you get from the third reward. What it should be to keep it in line is giving 1-2 eggs, random, with a chance of a chak weapon. It would be very rare, but people are also there to complete the chak weapon collection, and it requires a very large amount of eggs and currencies. This way, people have a viable alternative to grinding out the caches or grinding out the story on alts. This option is for people who want to get Chak Weapons, or the Mini Chak Gerent reward from that collection.
  4. Chak Gullet shouldn’t give as much rewards, because it’s not supposed to be a braindead pick, but rather, it should help you explore the map more and thus, participate in events and the next cycle of the gerent’s meta event. To this effect, the rewards should be 5 Vials of Chak Acid, 15-25 Ley Line Crystals and 1 Greater Potion of Tangled Attunement. As it stands I bet not even many people knew that potion exists, because it’s Artificer only. This would make it a bit more equal with the other rewards, while allowing you to get a decent amount of the currency and keys every time you complete the map. This option is for people who want to participate in the next meta events and need the currency / loot from caches / cargo.

For Auric Basin, well, first the chest needs to be renamed to “Auric Basin” and not “Auric Basic”, but we also have these possible changes:

1. First of all, that chest can’t be found right now, or at least I never got it, because you’re supposed to get it from Grand Exalted Chests which never drop it for me. Make it drop from the event of liberating Tarir instead. The basic reward is a Maguuma Burl which again should just be the map’s currency, 25 Lump of Aurilium, once a day. I know the Burl is used for Amalgamated Gemstone, but bear with me, I’ll get to that eventually.
  2. The first reward, once again, scrap it for a rare item that corresponds to the Faction Provisioner demands. This option is for accessibility of those vendors.
  3. The second reward is a joke, nobody needs 1 Auric Slivers. You need 3300 total Auric Slivers and 3300 total Lumps of Aurilium to even get every last Auric Ingots for your Auric Weapon collection if you want to make all of them. Instead of giving Slivers out, give Ingots out. It should be 1-2 Ingots, with a VERY rare chance of getting a weapon, exactly like the Chak reward option. This makes it fair, because if you just want a few weapons, you’ll get the ingots to make them with a chance of randomly getting the right one you want which may not happen, and if you want all of them it’ll really help in the long run, making it a very good reward and more in line with the others. As it stands, the Auric Backplate is such a harsh collection that this would help those who want to go for that. This option is for people who want to get the Auric Backplate or just want more Auric Weapons.
  4. The third reward should again be 5 Exalted Keys, 15-25 Lumps of Aurilium and 1 Greater Potion of Auric Attunement. This option is for people who want to participate in the next meta events and need the currency / loot from caches / cargo.

For Verdant Brink:

1. Turn the 5 thorns into 25 Airship Parts, daily reward for doing the meta.
  2. Bottle of Airship Oil should be made into a random rare item that fits the Faction Provisioner needs. This option is for accessibility of those vendors.
  3. Reclaimed Metal Plates are fine, but to keep it in line with the other maps’ rewards, they should be 1 Reclaimed Metal Plate with a semi-rare chance of getting a random rare Reclaimed Weapon rather than a static 1 drop, much in the same way you’d have a very rare chance of getting an Auric weapon or a Chak weapon. This option is for people who want to make the Plated weapons, and eventually Machined weapons.
  4. Airship Engine Case should be 5 Pact Crowbars, 15-25 Airship Parts, and 1 Greater Potion of Verdant Attunement. This option is for people who want to participate in the next meta events and need the currency / loot from caches / cargo.

Finally, we have Dragon’s Stand. I thought of this map in the optic that you spend possibly one hour and a half in that map before the Mouth of Mordremoth is beaten, so that’s a fair bit more work than the other maps you can just log in, join a meta taxi and in 20 minutes you have your loot. In that sense, it’s okay to have this zone be done only once a day for the chest, but if people prefer to farm them, then divide the amount of rewards by 3.

1. You can pick 5 rewards. Reduce that to 3, and make the first reward be a flat 10 Crystalline Ores with 30 of each map’s currencies. It makes no sense that the chest rewards are a pick of a single 1 of the other maps’ crafting materials. If you’d rather have it farmable, then just make it so it rewards 5 Crystalline Ores and 10 of each map’s currencies. This option is if you want to focus your gains on other maps.
  2. The second reward should be 3 to 6 Amalgamated Gemstones. Now, I understand that this would cause issues with money gains, so make these account bound. Since the recipe to make Crystalline Ingots is NOT in the Mystic Forge, you can use those as well as not account bound Amalgamated Gemstones anyway. This will only do good for people who want to make legendary weapons from Heart of Thorns. If you’d rather have the chest farmable, make it 1 to 2 account-bound Amalgamated Gemstones. This option is for people who want to make the legendaries.
  3. Finally, the third reward shouldn’t be a shower of all those currencies. Instead, they should be a flat 21 machetes, with a rare chance of a Leystone Armor Box. Again, if you want this to be farmable, simply reward 7 machetes with a very rare chance of a Leystone Armor Box. This option should be for people who want to open up pods and make the Leystone Armor collection.

That way, the options are all pretty equally rewarding depending on your goals in those maps without being overly so, and there’s always an option for when you’ve depleted the other options if you’re a completionist who wants to do every collection and whatnot.

If your post starts with “how dare” then you can be assured I’ll disregard it.

(edited by Kakera.3195)

Hero’s Choice Chests

Vegeta.2563

I thought the chests were a bit weird because the first and second options were almost never viable, so I tried to think up three rewards that would be fair, on somewhat equal levels of worth, without being too overpowered in gains for all three options. I believe the chests should also not be made daily, because it would devalue playing the maps and turn them into daily grinds which are honestly not very fun; if I want to play Auric Basin 50 times, then I should be rewarded 50 times in somewhat the same way. So here’s my ideas to balance the hero’s choice chests, starting with Tangled Depths:

1. The static reward which is 5 Leaf Fossils is pretty bad, and I believe the chest could give a daily-locked reward in its stead of 25 Ley Line Crystals. This makes it pretty fair without being over the top, and it would be a one-day reward so you won’t be able to farm this amount of crystals every time. This also pleases the “I can’t play a lot every day” crowd, giving them a fair gain for their time still.
  2. The Ley Line Spark choice should be scrapped, because it’s so easy to get them, nobody will pick it. Instead, have that option be to receive a random rare item that suits the Faction Provisioner demands. Some people might just be in it for the gold, so that’s good for them, and others now can access those vendors more readily. This option is for accessibility of those vendors.
  3. The second reward should be a bit more powerful, because nobody really picks 1 chak egg when you can potentially get so many from the crystals and the keys you get from the third reward. What it should be to keep it in line is giving 1-2 eggs, random, with a chance of a chak weapon. It would be very rare, but people are also there to complete the chak weapon collection, and it requires a very large amount of eggs and currencies. This way, people have a viable alternative to grinding out the caches or grinding out the story on alts. This option is for people who want to get Chak Weapons, or the Mini Chak Gerent reward from that collection.
  4. Chak Gullet shouldn’t give as much rewards, because it’s not supposed to be a braindead pick, but rather, it should help you explore the map more and thus, participate in events and the next cycle of the gerent’s meta event. To this effect, the rewards should be 5 Vials of Chak Acid, 15-25 Ley Line Crystals and 1 Greater Potion of Tangled Attunement. As it stands I bet not even many people knew that potion exists, because it’s Artificer only. This would make it a bit more equal with the other rewards, while allowing you to get a decent amount of the currency and keys every time you complete the map. This option is for people who want to participate in the next meta events and need the currency / loot from caches / cargo.

For Auric Basin, well, first the chest needs to be renamed to “Auric Basin” and not “Auric Basic”, but we also have these possible changes:

1. First of all, that chest can’t be found right now, or at least I never got it, because you’re supposed to get it from Grand Exalted Chests which never drop it for me. Make it drop from the event of liberating Tarir instead. The basic reward is a Maguuma Burl which again should just be the map’s currency, 25 Lump of Aurilium, once a day. I know the Burl is used for Amalgamated Gemstone, but bear with me, I’ll get to that eventually.
  2. The first reward, once again, scrap it for a rare item that corresponds to the Faction Provisioner demands. This option is for accessibility of those vendors.
  3. The second reward is a joke, nobody needs 1 Auric Slivers. You need 3300 total Auric Slivers and 3300 total Lumps of Aurilium to even get every last Auric Ingots for your Auric Weapon collection if you want to make all of them. Instead of giving Slivers out, give Ingots out. It should be 1-2 Ingots, with a VERY rare chance of getting a weapon, exactly like the Chak reward option. This makes it fair, because if you just want a few weapons, you’ll get the ingots to make them with a chance of randomly getting the right one you want which may not happen, and if you want all of them it’ll really help in the long run, making it a very good reward and more in line with the others. As it stands, the Auric Backplate is such a harsh collection that this would help those who want to go for that. This option is for people who want to get the Auric Backplate or just want more Auric Weapons.
  4. The third reward should again be 5 Exalted Keys, 15-25 Lumps of Aurilium and 1 Greater Potion of Auric Attunement. This option is for people who want to participate in the next meta events and need the currency / loot from caches / cargo.

For Verdant Brink:

1. Turn the 5 thorns into 25 Airship Parts, daily reward for doing the meta.
  2. Bottle of Airship Oil should be made into a random rare item that fits the Faction Provisioner needs. This option is for accessibility of those vendors.
  3. Reclaimed Metal Plates are fine, but to keep it in line with the other maps’ rewards, they should be 1 Reclaimed Metal Plate with a semi-rare chance of getting a random rare Reclaimed Weapon rather than a static 1 drop, much in the same way you’d have a very rare chance of getting an Auric weapon or a Chak weapon. This option is for people who want to make the Plated weapons, and eventually Machined weapons.
  4. Airship Engine Case should be 5 Pact Crowbars, 15-25 Airship Parts, and 1 Greater Potion of Verdant Attunement. This option is for people who want to participate in the next meta events and need the currency / loot from caches / cargo.

Finally, we have Dragon’s Stand. I thought of this map in the optic that you spend possibly one hour and a half in that map before the Mouth of Mordremoth is beaten, so that’s a fair bit more work than the other maps you can just log in, join a meta taxi and in 20 minutes you have your loot. In that sense, it’s okay to have this zone be done only once a day for the chest, but if people prefer to farm them, then divide the amount of rewards by 3.

1. You can pick 5 rewards. Reduce that to 3, and make the first reward be a flat 10 Crystalline Ores with 30 of each map’s currencies. It makes no sense that the chest rewards are a pick of a single 1 of the other maps’ crafting materials. If you’d rather have it farmable, then just make it so it rewards 5 Crystalline Ores and 10 of each map’s currencies. This option is if you want to focus your gains on other maps.
  2. The second reward should be 3 to 6 Amalgamated Gemstones. Now, I understand that this would cause issues with money gains, so make these account bound. Since the recipe to make Crystalline Ingots is NOT in the Mystic Forge, you can use those as well as not account bound Amalgamated Gemstones anyway. This will only do good for people who want to make legendary weapons from Heart of Thorns. If you’d rather have the chest farmable, make it 1 to 2 account-bound Amalgamated Gemstones. This option is for people who want to make the legendaries.
  3. Finally, the third reward shouldn’t be a shower of all those currencies. Instead, they should be a flat 21 machetes, with a rare chance of a Leystone Armor Box. Again, if you want this to be farmable, simply reward 7 machetes with a very rare chance of a Leystone Armor Box. This option should be for people who want to open up pods and make the Leystone Armor collection.

That way, the options are all pretty equally rewarding depending on your goals in those maps without being overly so, and there’s always an option for when you’ve depleted the other options if you’re a completionist who wants to do every collection and whatnot.

Why would they nerf the rewards. I think it should be 1 greater attunement potion, 50 map currency, and 12 keys.

Hero’s Choice Chests

Kakera.3195

Because the third reward is too good. If you make 1 of the rewards too good, then the others will never be picked. If they make the rewards as a whole too good, then it’ll be a daily chest and I’d much rather be free to grind out the zones as much as I like rather than have one run every day and if I miss it then I’d feel like I’m missing out on rewards, like if I don’t craft my ascended mats every day.

Hero’s Choice Chests

Vegeta.2563

Because the third reward is too good. If you make 1 of the rewards too good, then the others will never be picked. If they make the rewards as a whole too good, then it’ll be a daily chest and I’d much rather be free to grind out the zones as much as I like rather than have one run every day and if I miss it then I’d feel like I’m missing out on rewards, like if I don’t craft my ascended mats every day.

Then make the first 2 as good as the 3rd. No reason to dumb down rewards. They wanted to improve rewards, not make them crappier

Hero’s Choice Chests

Kakera.3195

Then make the first 2 as good as the 3rd. No reason to dumb down rewards. They wanted to improve rewards, not make them crappier

My entire post made every reward roughly the same. If I boosted the other two rewards to be just as good as the third rewards without making them a little bit worse, then they would make it so the collections would be fulfilled within a mere few days of play time, or in other cases, would make the possible gains in pure gold too high. 12 keys AND 50 of the currency is way too much, it pretty much gets you about 100+ of the currency because you get currency back by opening chests/caches/cargos too. And it’s very possible to get up to like 30 of the currency from a single cargo as well. Multiply that by 12 and add in 50 currency, maybe the VB reward gives a whopping 410 total currency which is just insane, on top of the rest of the loot. The third reward is way too good. Way, way too good.

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: Zhou.3605

Zhou.3605

Dude… sorry but I only started playing the HoT maps again because the hero chests made it worth it to do them. Now I am stopping again because without those chest its not worth my time. If they want to make them once per day then I will do the meta on them once per day and not do it any more than that. The only reason the hero chest is worth anything to me is that it gives me keys to grind out the boxes. The boxes are worthless when you can’t get enough keys. And no offense but the fricken grind for airship parts was insane… its more doable with these. But it is still annoying. I like the boxes for DS.

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: Conner.5803

Conner.5803

So why exactly did they have to be disabled instead of having us enjoying decent loot for once? Unless you guys are planning on keeping them disabled till the next quarterly update.

Hero’s Choice Chests

Blude.6812

Ahh, they had to be changed because for once they actually gave decent rewards. Given the very limited decent loot in this game, it’s a shame. Given Anets’ perceived stinginess it was to be expected. I just hope when they do come back there will be something actually useful.

Now if some players figured out how to get multiple chests from one event, that is a problem and can understand why they were disabled.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4gwdfm/heros_choice_chests_disabled/

(edited by Blude.6812)

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeah. It seems like the reason why they were removed is because some players figured out how to spawn multiple copies of these chests per instance, increasing their loot gain exponentially. So it’s removed until ANet can close the loophole. Hopefully it’s sooner rather than later.

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I’ve been doing a lot of HoT events this weekend, and while several people commented on the lack of chests, they didn’t seem too irritated about it, and we didn’t have trouble getting enough people to do meta events. I hope they get the hero’s choice chests back again soon, because they’re great, but the rewards still seem much better than they were a month ago.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

The one place I miss the Hero’s Choice chest the most is Dragon Stand. Right now you get a whole 9? machetes for doing the map from start to end. I don’t remember the exact number, but it was pitiful.

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: Conner.5803

Conner.5803

So guessing from the patch notes, these still are disabled…

Any news on when we will finally get them back?

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: Griz.4102

Griz.4102

Any updates on this issue?

Fenthir of Blackgate

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

The one place I miss the Hero’s Choice chest the most is Dragon Stand. Right now you get a whole 9? machetes for doing the map from start to end. I don’t remember the exact number, but it was pitiful.

It was 9ish to the door I think, then another 3-6 for bosses/mouth I think. But yeah, we have all these vine pods now, but never enough machetes to open even just the ones that show up on our lanes. I guess if you’ve gotten everything from the other maps collections, you can start using the rewards from those maps to buy more, but that would take awhile.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: Knight Vanir.6921

Knight Vanir.6921

Can we get some dev communication on this?

Such as:
Is it a low priority issue at the moment?
Is the bug too complicated and it’s gonna take some time to fix?

Any small comment at this point will be great.

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: Sicarine.3985

Sicarine.3985

We really need an update on this. The daily chests were a large part of what made getting a ds run in, or a td run in really appealing. And now they’re disabled with no eta until…….summer? 2017? GW3?

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: robotosis.4872

robotosis.4872

Can we please get an update on this? I really miss these chests

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: TheLordQ.1857

TheLordQ.1857

Also looking for an ETA, please.

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Can we at least get the Dragon Stand one back? The amount of machetes you get is pitiful and that was a nice bonus for getting machetes.

I don’t see why we can’t get it in the wiggle chest at the end of the Meta chain for 100%+ participation. If we’re going to spend 1-2 hours doing a meta chain it would be really nice to get it every time.

Hero’s Choice Chests

Blude.6812

Seems Anet has gone back to the silence is golden philosophy.
Some update would be nice.

Hero’s Choice Chests

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Sorry for the delay in an update, but at this point I don’t know of any new information about this situation. But I have written the team and asked for news on this, and will post when there’s a timeframe or other info available.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

:( This isn’t so good, I had presumed it would just be moved into a shaky box – as those are impossible to ‘dupe’ – to be honest im not even sure how the exploit could work – I never did it so it must have been a small crowd taking advantage…

It makes a difference to me between going back to the maps or not on a regular basis – also since the patch to upgrade rewards its not just these chests that have been stopped, it seems the drops from any other chests have been nerfed down again and the spawns for nodes like the cargo have also been reduced – could this be confirmed?

Ive noticed its much harder for me to find a map advertised late in the evening compared to a couple of weeks ago aswell I feel the boxes coming back asap could improve on numbers.

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I really like your third idea here for Auric Basin Heros choice chests. 1 Auric Silver is not really worth the effort that it takes to finish the meta event, even if it is a short one.

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

Honestly I think this is going to be one of those things we hold out for awhile. Probably past the next quarterly update. Right now they are rushing to get season 3 content out the door. While the rest of the team is probably going to be focus back on expansion 2. If they could not get this fixed within the first few weeks then it’s going to take a long time. Going off what has happened in the past with other short to long term removed/suspended features. Most likely any fix they try to do will probably cause a domino effect of issues throughout game. Though they won’t tell us the direct reasoning. So they are pushing this issue to the side; probably until they do another major QoL update way down the line.

Also I treat the whole “I’ll contact the dev’s and get back to you as soon as I can.” As a huge red flag. Since the majority of the time nothing ever really comes back. For a long time.

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: Agyaggalamb.4796

Agyaggalamb.4796

As long as it is daily based don’t bother fixing. Fix remove the timegates instead. Those should have never ever happened in the first place along with diminishing returns.

I really liked the new chest, and I’m not happy that it has been disabled and also shocked if it was indeed once a day.

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

As long as it is daily based don’t bother fixing. Fix remove the timegates instead. Those should have never ever happened in the first place along with diminishing returns.

I really liked the new chest, and I’m not happy that it has been disabled and also shocked if it was indeed once a day.

The thing is, it wasn’t daily for people who found the loop hole. It really was supposed to be 1 box per zone per day. People found ways to get more then 1.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Hero’s Choice Chests

robotosis.4872

Sorry for the delay in an update, but at this point I don’t know of any new information about this situation. But I have written the team and asked for news on this, and will post when there’s a timeframe or other info available.

this works for me, thanks!

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

Can you PLEASE put it back on?

That chest really got me motivated to played HOT properly but now even with the recent patches, I am starting to be put off HOT again due to the grinds for the specific parts.

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Welp, the thing that made this chest worth was Reclaimed Metal Plates, but this took so long that I decided to buy the missing 9.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Also I treat the whole “I’ll contact the dev’s and get back to you as soon as I can” as a huge red flag. Since the majority of the time nothing ever really comes back. For a long time.

Yes.. most recently the “May the stars..” thread got one of those 14 days ago. I asked if there was any more info six days ago. Still waiting.

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: Apar.2417

Apar.2417

will be fixed today?

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: Gendou.9620

Gendou.9620

Are bosses dropping the chests again? I took a break while the exploit was resolved and since I was burnt out I might as well take a breather. 18 days later and still aren’t dropping?

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

Are bosses dropping the chests again? I took a break while the exploit was resolved and since I was burnt out I might as well take a breather. 18 days later and still aren’t dropping?

Nope – nothing – I inadvertently ended up doing Tarir last night when I was taking a new character through the map – no chest, and if I recall less of the other increases in rewards aswell.

I actually find throwing all these increased rewards at us (as lets be honest it was THE most tight fisted game out there for loot,) then just taking them back over time really disingenuous – in much the same way that the economy ‘management’ is very ham fisted – Leather too cheap? so they drastically change its need levels to the point that its in the space of 6 months become the most expensive mat.

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: KestrelGirl.9267

KestrelGirl.9267

They’re back! /15chars

Hero’s Choice Chests

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

UPDATE:

We want to let you know that Hero’s Choice Chests will be returning shortly, but they are not yet available at this hour. There was a persistent issue with the chests that requires further testing. We hope to have that issue resolved shortly – today if at all possible. Thank you again for your patience with this matter.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Hero’s Choice Chests

robotosis.4872

UPDATE:

We want to let you know that Hero’s Choice Chests will be returning shortly, but they are not yet available at this hour. There was a persistent issue with the chests that requires further testing. We hope to have that issue resolved shortly – today if at all possible. Thank you again for your patience with this matter.

oh well, hopefully soon

Hero’s Choice Chests

Previous

Gaile Gray

Update: Hero’s Choice Chests are now enabled!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Hero’s Choice Chests

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Thank you, Gaile and devs!