HoT Beta access questions

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: HappyDale.5398

HappyDale.5398

I have a question concerning the HoT beta access. Will this be a traditional beta with a wipe of HoT progression afterwards, or is this early access where any HoT progression made will stay? Are we going to be able to use our existing characters and gear, or given new characters for the beta access?

I was unable to get a HoT portal stone drop; therefore, I am unaware of how this was previously handled. On the other hand, the beta weekend could possibly be handled completely different.

I checked the FAQ and could find any answers. Does anyone know, or have a link with this information?

Thanks.

(edited by HappyDale.5398)

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

we got given a beta character slot which i assume will be deleted once the beta events are over but this is still an assumption – my GUESS is that the character in the beta slot will be appropriately levelled and geared and not have access to the bank … but its a guess

EDIT – the beta slot seems to be locked when it isnt a beta weekend

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

As with beta events before GW2’s launch, progress made during the beta will be wiped. The beta slot is only available during the beta.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Op you already answered your question its Beta not early access, so no it wont stay.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I was wondering about the slot too. I selected it, saw the word “beta” on the left, created a character there and played a few levels. Then when I logged out and came back the beta slot was still empty and one of my open character slots was used instead! Huh?