HoT End Story needs to be fixed

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

This has been going on ever since HoT was released. I crashed doing the end-story myself when I had to go through it, and it crashed twice while I was trying to help a friend go through it.

Please fix it. It’s such a crucial part of the story and when it crashes, that wipes the story out of my mind and replaces it with confusion and anger.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: Viledoom.7203

Viledoom.7203

You mean that bit at the end with Mordresloth? Yeah, I have yet to finish that because of the part where you have to glide and rocks kill me somehow. Then on retry I’m fighting Caithe but she won’t stop attacking and I can’t close the rift… or like you say it crashes. So until they do something, I give up on it.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I don’t know if you’ve tried lowering your graphic settings, but I’ve never crashed in that instance. There are, however, other bugs. Still I’ve done it on six characters so it must be doable. I’m willing to help if people need it.

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Yeah, I’m mostly talking about the multiple bugs that pop up in that story. The glitch where you can’t fly, the glitch where a rock hits you even though it didn’t, and the crashes.

I figured it might’ve been my set-up that caused the crash, but then I hopped on my gaming computer instead of my laptop and I had the same issue. Once I logged back into the game, both my friends told me they had also crashed, so I figure it can’t just be me.

I just want to bring Anet’s attention to the fact that that part of the story needs some bug fixes.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’ve been doing this story for months now. I help guildies with it quite frequently. I’ve seen very few bugs..if any over that time. The spouts might react to lag, though, and the crashes I haven’t really seen in ages. Keep in mind I’ve done this more than a dozen times without crashing, maybe as many as two dozen.

It’s entirely possible that the crashes are a new error that’s come about from the new patch, and having so many people playing at the same time.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Hmm…I’ve never crashed in the last chapter of the HoT story. Actually, I’ve never crashed in any of the chapters or episodes. And I play on a toaster…lol.

Maybe there’s some advantage to having a rather weak computer. =P

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Hmm…I’ve never crashed in the last chapter of the HoT story. Actually, I’ve never crashed in any of the chapters or episodes. And I play on a toaster…lol.

The internet of things has really advanced since I last looked. My toaster just makes toast.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The internet of things has really advanced since I last looked. My toaster just makes toast.

I wish I had a toaster that just made toast. I will never buy a toaster oven again.

Still, it doesn’t crash ever. ; )

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Lol I still have an adversion to doing the last fight because of how bugged it was at the start.
It’s much better now but it still has those flight bugs you were talking about, not to mention a slow fight. Although I never had any crashes.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Considering the age of the engine that might be true.

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

For me, the problem with the mission is to 2-3 “click to exit to map” pop ups. Why do we need all of those in the final mission? No other HoT mission has so many exit to map pop ups. It’s like, not only am I fighting Modremoth…I’m fighting the game interface asking me to exit the mission.