HoT Hero Points need a severe nerf

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

Sigh….I don’t know what people expect from GW2.

It’s a hero point it is supposed to be challenging…Learn the mechanic of the hero point, change build depending on the situation, experiment. I main thief, full zerker for the most part. too much cleavage ? I turn to p/p instead of d/p. I’m alone ? well thief guild + p/p + venoms and I can go condi. I had to up my mesmer not too long ago, I did most of the HP solo or duo. Max was 5-6 people. Balthazar HP or any commune point ? Use a kitten stealth ( Yes any classes have access to stealth with consumables, check the wiki). You ~15mins to finish a HP, you will get someone attracted by the event eventually. The only very challenging HP in my opinion is the mushroom king.

it seems you keep your mats since you gave up on legendaries, then craft your gear for different situations.

Isn’t all of that just playing the game ?

Do you expect to go to a HP, succeed it at first try with AA and leave ? You know that Anet previous game was a full team game, with almost no single player content ( except niche builds and farming spots ), having to redo a whole instance in case of team wipe. Anet have evolved so much to favorize solo content…and yet you ask for more.

Maybe GW2 is simply not fullfying you and you should look for clickers and RPG games ( that’s ok you know ). Maybe I’m all wrong and I’m one of the try hard players that like a bit of challenge ( thief is perfect for that).

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Since map completion isn’t required, I wouldn’t count on hero challenges being nerfed. If they were going to, they probably would have done so when they first nerfed them in VB. But have fun trying to complete them next expansion, assuming it doesn’t go F2P.

Personally, I play off hours and they’ve always been dead content, but so is everything else there. It actually seems more active now than back then, but all along I’ve seen people request help for hours. After doing them on my main, I chose to take the easy route and skipped map completion altogether on my alts.

You know that Anet previous game was a full team game, with almost no single player content ( except niche builds and farming spots ), having to redo a whole instance in case of team wipe.

GW1 was like 90% single player content at launch, 99% after they allowed for full hero teams, which opened up the elite areas.

Posted by: kamedin.4698

kamedin.4698

God yes nerf hero points. Single player elements should be single player so I can actually have character progression .

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

Wargameur.6950

Since map completion isn’t required, I wouldn’t count on hero challenges being nerfed. If they were going to, they probably would have done so when they first nerfed them in VB. But have fun trying to complete them next expansion, assuming it doesn’t go F2P.

Personally, I play off hours and they’ve always been dead content, but so is everything else there. It actually seems more active now than back then, but all along I’ve seen people request help for hours. After doing them on my main, I chose to take the easy route and skipped map completion altogether on my alts.

You know that Anet previous game was a full team game, with almost no single player content ( except niche builds and farming spots ), having to redo a whole instance in case of team wipe.

GW1 was like 90% single player content at launch, 99% after they allowed for full hero teams, which opened up the elite areas.

Nah…grouping with a bunch of AI is still grouping to clear content.

(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

i dont know what is with this perception that pve has to be single player content.
technically though if you were good enough as some are, i think all of the hero points ARE soloable anyways.

if you are seriously having that much trouble then shout out in map chat or lfg or in your guild. if you dont have a guild thats on at the same time as you then you need to join one that is, it will make your experience that much better

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

i dont know what is with this perception that pve has to be single player content.

Precedent.

Map completion has been single player content since launch.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Precedent.

Yes.

Precedent.

Have you tried solo endgame content in Orr, such as the champions at temples? I bet thats about as hard (or easy, depending on how you look at it) to solo as the post-endgame champions in HoT.

So your point is?

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Precedent.

Yes.

Precedent.

Have you tried solo endgame content in Orr, such as the champions at temples? I bet thats about as hard (or easy, depending on how you look at it) to solo as the post-endgame champions in HoT.

So your point is?

You can’t compare temple events to hero challenges. Because those are not parallel. Temple events are meta events, like VB’s night phase or Tarir’s defense. The actual hero challenges in Orr are fairly simple.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: funky fat thighs.1267

funky fat thighs.1267

I don’t understand why you can’t solo. i can solo them all

Depends entirely on the class, build and mechanics of the character i’m using..

I’ve a couple of characters that can solo virtually anything and then others that are just not as capable for it..

HoT is a lot easier to solo for certain classes and playstyles and a lot harder for others..
suffice to say taking different classes and builds through the same content has different results..

Yeah… Classes like rev, warrior anf thief are a blast to solo on which is why im not really in favor of this change… It actually feels rewarding to take down these enemies on your own. Personally i hated the vanilla HPs where every ‘challenge’ was an absolute doddle to take down. I dont like ones like the balthazar HP where it seems the only solution is to zerg it though. Maybe the solution is to add in another tier of enemies that still have the hard hitting attacks, but with reduced health to help along classes that dont have as much sustain?

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Precedent.

Yes.

Precedent.

So your point is?

You can’t compare temple events to hero challenges. Because those are not parallel. Temple events are meta events, like VB’s night phase or Tarir’s defense. The actual hero challenges in Orr are fairly simple.

Not arguing for or against HOT hero points nerf, but the above point is valid. The Orr hero challenges are fairly simple.

Posted by: fourhim.3584

fourhim.3584

Bump. I just bought the expansion yesterday. This is ALREADY something I do not like at all. I found multiple hero points where a champion has to be defeated. Sorry, but I’m a casual player. I CAN’T beat a Champion by myself – not even close. In my case there was even another person standing there watching me die. HOW, exactly, is a new player supposed to beat those when no one is around to help out (especially in the first zone, since that zone is considered “old” now)?

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Bump. I just bought the expansion yesterday. This is ALREADY something I do not like at all. I found multiple hero points where a champion has to be defeated. Sorry, but I’m a casual player. I CAN’T beat a Champion by myself – not even close. In my case there was even another person standing there watching me die. HOW, exactly, is a new player supposed to beat those when no one is around to help out (especially in the first zone, since that zone is considered “old” now)?

The HP in verdant brink are fairly straightforward, and usually are not completely out of the way (like they are in TD), so if you need help and ask in mapchat there is almost always someone willing to help. There are also plenty of HP that are soloable even for casual players, DULFY has a guide up on her website

Do note though that even though it is a champion, it gives you 10HP when completing the challenge, so I think its worth the added difficulty

Posted by: Byron.1902

Byron.1902

I’m not sure where the balanced argument lands. I find myself agreeing with points on both sides of the argument.

Personally, I think you could lose the timer on some or shave the health pool on others. I wouldn’t like to see the mechanics dropped or the challenge element (how deadly they are) become trivial. Some issues are even based on the core class kit you have (mesmer has clear advantage).

That being said, it is a time consuming hurdle where players ‘wait for the fun’ in Anet vocab.

For me when I run them solo I do – 8/9 in Verdant Brink, 5 in Auric Basin, then stop after 1 in Tangled Depths (running through that map makes me vomit on my keyboard). I make up the rest with vanilla HPs and WvW currency. Maps take about an hour, vanilla + WvW maybe an evening.

So whichever way you run it, its about 2 play sessions of barrier content. That’s tolerable imo but if you have a lot of alts or multiple accounts… that’s a lot of zombie content.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Well someone could say that you can’t compare magguma Hero Challenge to Tyrian’s because they are worth 10 time more points, so it would make sense that they take more time or be more challenging to complete than the Tyrian’s one.

You only need 648 hero points to unlock everything on your character. You gain 398 just by leveling to 80 and there is 200 point in Tyria from challenge. That leave you only 50 pts left or 5 Magguma hero challenge to complete. There is far more than 5 easy single player hero challenge in magguma.

What I think is the problem is that people don’t want to complete 205 easy hero challenge, they complain because they would prefer to only do 25 hero challenge that give 10 pts each.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Rauderi.8706

Well someone could say that you can’t compare Maguuma Hero Challenge to Tyria’s because they are worth 10 time more points, so it would make sense that they take more time or be more challenging to complete than the Tyrian’s one.

You only need 648 hero points to unlock everything on your character. You gain 398 just by leveling to 80 and there is 200 point in Tyria from challenge. That leave you only 50 pts left or 5 Magguma hero challenge to complete. There is far more than 5 easy single player hero challenge in magguma.

What I think is the problem is that people don’t want to complete 205 easy hero challenge, they complain because they would prefer to only do 25 hero challenge that give 10 pts each.

I don’t mind them being appropriately challenging. I do mind that they require 2+ people to be in the same area for something that should be solo progression. That’s gone around as an argument for over a year.

The champ combats could be scaled better to make them challenging for solo players without making them too easy. As it is, minion classes/builds have a much easier time with champs because there’s sufficient time to take the heat off and recover, whereas most others can’t sustain 2-3 straight minutes of full boss aggro and no way to interrupt them because their defiance bars are too large.

It’d probably be just fine if the hero champs were downgraded to Elites. Those still tend to hit hard but are left vulnerable to CC, which means skillful play still prevails.

Many alts; handle it!
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I don’t mind them being appropriately challenging. I do mind that they require 2+ people to be in the same area for something that should be solo progression.

That’s the thing. Why it should be solo progression? Why is it wrong that about 20 out of the 250+ hero challenge are group challenge?

Only a portion of the hero challenge are group content and you don’t even need to complete those to progress your character. Personally, I hated most hero challenge except those that were group content. They were more fun, it gave us a reason to play together to regroup with my guild, to make event to help others. I would prefer that all of the hero challenge were like that tbh. But I know that some people prefer to do those alone so have only a portion of them (and make them optional) seem like the best compromise for me.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Rauderi.8706

That’s the thing. Why it should be solo progression? Why is it wrong that about 20 out of the 250+ hero challenge are group challenge?

Only a portion of the hero challenge are group content and you don’t even need to complete those to progress your character. Personally, I hated most hero challenge except those that were group content. They were more fun, it gave us a reason to play together to regroup with my guild, to make event to help others. I would prefer that all of the hero challenge were like that tbh. But I know that some people prefer to do those alone so have only a portion of them (and make them optional) seem like the best compromise for me.

It’s a very fair question, and I might need some time to suss out a really good answer.

I’d rather not hit the old refrain too hard, but there is the notion that MMOs are mostly “level alone, raid together”. People expect to be able to complete objectives (builds, map completion) without dragging other people into it. I probably resent Balthazar the most out of all the HoT HPs.

But your fun with guild members and doing the challenges together is equally valid. So it’s a tough call, even though I know what I would prefer. The champ challenges do give a little reward, so perhaps there could be scaling of that as well based on the number of participants and the champ’s scaling?

There’s definitely a need to consider making them solo friendly, since not everyone has time to wait for a HP train or cavalry to call upon, and timing against meta events is rough.

So yeah, gonna think on this a bit more, but I’m definitely farming suggestions on how to best deal with it.

Many alts; handle it!

Posted by: Rink.6108

Rink.6108

The HoT points do award 10 times the points of the ones in central Tyria. So they should be 10 times as hard to get, right? Are they? Almost all of them can be soloed and for the others I usually had to wait a few minutes until someone came and helped me out (NA server). I never even had to use LFG or guild chat but I helped out guildies a few times.

I think the problem is that we expect map completion to be a solo activity, because it was before HoT, but why should it be? Why not mix things up a little? It is a multiplayer game after all.

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

HP’s don’t need a nerf… have you ever posted in LFG or just asked in map chat if someone needs a certain HP? I have never had to wait hours… or certainly not days to complete a HP. If you are, you are simply not trying to find a group. Also a lot of areas have HP trains that you can join.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pile_of_Guano

It’s hard enough just getting there, but then you have to fight a group of vampire beasts. I have seen a zerg try and nearly fail.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Balthazar's_Statue

The actual point is a commune but the champion can again destroy whole zergs by simply pouring on AOE fire.

Guano one is horrificaly placed due to the small window of time and I honestly thought that is the worst thing about the HOT maps.

The other one has a pretty bad fight, but as long as someone has stealth, everyone can just commune and leave without fighting,.

What small window of time? You can get there at any time of the day.

Dinks.2478

It’s a very fair question, and I might need some time to suss out a really good answer.

I’d rather not hit the old refrain too hard, but there is the notion that MMOs are mostly “level alone, raid together”. People expect to be able to complete objectives (builds, map completion) without dragging other people into it. I probably resent Balthazar the most out of all the HoT HPs.

But your fun with guild members and doing the challenges together is equally valid. So it’s a tough call, even though I know what I would prefer. The champ challenges do give a little reward, so perhaps there could be scaling of that as well based on the number of participants and the champ’s scaling?

There’s definitely a need to consider making them solo friendly, since not everyone has time to wait for a HP train or cavalry to call upon, and timing against meta events is rough.

So yeah, gonna think on this a bit more, but I’m definitely farming suggestions on how to best deal with it.

The solution is already in the game, anet just doesn’t use it often. Scaling. One person? no problem. Two people? no problem. 50 people? No problem. They already have this system in place, they only hardly ever use it properly.

Posted by: mauried.5608

mauried.5608

Where in the game does scaling like this actually work?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Everywhere.

ANet designed some challenges to work around a group of at least 5 people and so it doesn’t scale down below that, which I think is okay. Scaling can be seen in the Claw of Jormag fight, for example: whether you get one champion for watching the ledges or multiple champs as well as smaller events.

It’s not used in dungeons — those, too, are designed for teams, and it’s largely not used in stories: those are designed to be solo-able (for many people, although not by everyone). Accordingly, story instances are easier with more people, not harder.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Dinks.2478

Actually HoT has a pretty good example itself. That VB HP where you glide down into the ruins is pretty good. It is completely soloable, spawns a veteran and normal mobs. Scales much higher with more people. Soloable if you want/that is all that is available when needed and more challenging when in a group.

All of this map completion should be challenging and you should play with other people is nonsense. First of all, map completion is a personal goal. Second, map completion is boring to a lot of people and they don’t do it. When I was map completing VB on a bunch of toons I had to beg people to come help out at the guano HP or even the frogs on the SW side. People are too busy doing the metas or just don’t care.

Posted by: Rain.7543

Rain.7543

I am sorry, but since when casual players are immune to grouping with other players or asking for help in map chat? Today I fully unlocked my elite spec from start to finish for few hours roaming around VB and AB. If there wasn’t people around to help for the hardest HPs I simply asked in map chat for help, if no one showed I switched maps and repeated the process. Eventually you will find people to help out. I dont understand why so many people are opose to group with others in MMO game? Why? This is the very essence of multiplayer games… to seek other players and overcome challenges together. I will never understand why somone comes here and posts into such topics instead of spending some time to actually try and learn the ways of the maps, the mechanics those champions uses and how to most effectively deal with them. Why do you expect to get everything, without putting atleast a sliver of effort in the process?

Wargameur.6950

I am sorry, but since when casual players are immune to grouping with other players or asking for help in map chat? Today I fully unlocked my elite spec from start to finish for few hours roaming around VB and AB. If there wasn’t people around to help for the hardest HPs I simply asked in map chat for help, if no one showed I switched maps and repeated the process. Eventually you will find people to help out. I dont understand why so many people are opose to group with others in MMO game? Why? This is the very essence of multiplayer games… to seek other players and overcome challenges together. I will never understand why somone comes here and posts into such topics instead of spending some time to actually try and learn the ways of the maps, the mechanics those champions uses and how to most effectively deal with them. Why do you expect to get everything, without putting atleast a sliver of effort in the process?

I don’t have a thumb, so can’t use dodge key, so I need HP without dodging. (trolling answer )

(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

Posted by: Batelle.1680

Batelle.1680

Some people think it’s patently ridiculous to have to beg in mapchat for other people to help them complete their own personal player goals. Why should my character’s progression hinge on other players being around and willing to help me?

Rain.7543

Some people think it’s patently ridiculous to have to beg in mapchat for other people to help them complete their own personal player goals. Why should my character’s progression hinge on other players being around and willing to help me?

There is difference between begging and asking for help. But fine, mate. Since its your character progression, then get better at the game and progress? If you aren’t progressing then you are simply not at the required level to progress this kind of content. Anet already savarely nerfed HoT content, it was much harder during the betas, but such outcries as this topic led to the eventual nerf. There should not be anymore nerfs to satisfy your casual crowd. Central Tyria is casual enough, HoT is high end content and should offer at least some challenge. If you are not prepared to find a way to progress it, go back to CT until you get better at the game.

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

Players should not have to rely on other players to complete such a simple personal goal..

Thats not a simple personal goal. Its an MMO, you are meant to work together in the field. Getting to 80, crafting an exotic weapon, finding Lions Arch, thats simple goals. Taking on champion group event mobs is not supposed to be that. Its a group even for a reason.

With your argument, I could say that the Dragons Stand meta should be soloable. Its a simple goal to me. I dont want to play PvE, I only play WvW. Why isnt Dragons Stand soloable in 5 minutes?

Cherry picking this for a HUGE fallacy in yoru argument. MMO does not = must need to group. All MMO means is that the game world is huge, other people are running around in the game world, and that you need to be online to play. That is it mate. Nowhere does it say grouping, partying, relying on others.

The idea that MMO=grouping was pretty much destroyed back when WoW started albiet there were other MMOs before WoW that were starting that trend already. WoW simply made it industry standard and people realized how much happier they are to not be forced to group 24/7 to do things.

Posted by: nsleep.7839

nsleep.7839

You’re not grouping 24/7 to do all the content, just a few Hero Points and the final stage of the meta events, if you can’t handle this go get them somewhere else like through Central Tyria HPs or Proofs of Heroics.

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

I disagree with OP. Today I went in auric basin planing to advance the achievement for fallen masks. I TPed south east if I recall near the location of a HP. 2 players from the same guild were standing next to it, they invited me and so we successfully killed it. Yesterday I soloed the HP with the three golems….I am gonna repeat what Wargameur said previously on this same page: take a look at the patterns and abilities of foes and trait yourself accordingly.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I am sorry, but since when casual players are immune to grouping with other players or asking for help in map chat?

“Hey, can I have a few gold?”

Any of us that have played MMOs long enough have heard that, or some version of it, by now. We know “that guy”, the one that asks that of other players. And I’m sure many of us have learned an important rule: Thou Shalt Not Be That Guy.

“Hey, will you quit whatever you’re doing, cross the map, and help me with what I want to do instead?”

When you think about it, that’s just as bad if not worse. Asking that can make you feel like you’ve become “that guy”. “That guy” everyone hates, that is told to log out and delete the game if they can’t manage on their own. We don’t want to be him. We want to respect our fellow players and their time.

“Hey, can you stand here and sometimes hit ‘1’ to pump the bellows so I can forge myself some new armor?”

That would be pretty awful, wouldn’kitten Yeah, you might team up to go into dungeons or raids for better gear, but nobody should have to ask for help on getting the basic gear set up to start that process. Right? And yet, a lot of us see our traits and skills as another kind of “basic gear”. We don’t want to ask for someone else to do all the heavy lifting for us, WE want to do it.

Finally, if a bunch of other people had to help to build it, is it really “Our Character”, or does it belong to them as well? If they have no claim, then again we’ve been asking them to give up something for our personal gain, with no return. Personally, I’d rather be guilt free when I tell someone I don’t feel like playing my druid tonight. I don’t want to owe them one for helping me to make that druid functional.

These are some of the reasons, I’m sure there are others.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Rain.7543

I am sorry, but since when casual players are immune to grouping with other players or asking for help in map chat?

Any of us that have played MMOs long enough have heard that, or some version of it, by now. We know “that guy”, the one that asks that of other players. And I’m sure many of us have learned an important rule: Thou Shalt Not Be That Guy.

“Hey, will you quit whatever you’re doing, cross the map, and help me with what I want to do instead?”

When you think about it, that’s just as bad if not worse. Asking that can make you feel like you’ve become “that guy”. “That guy” everyone hates, that is told to log out and delete the game if they can’t manage on their own. We don’t want to be him. We want to respect our fellow players and their time.

“Hey, can you stand here and sometimes hit ‘1’ to pump the bellows so I can forge myself some new armor?”

That would be pretty awful, wouldn’kitten Yeah, you might team up to go into dungeons or raids for better gear, but nobody should have to ask for help on getting the basic gear set up to start that process. Right? And yet, a lot of us see our traits and skills as another kind of “basic gear”. We don’t want to ask for someone else to do all the heavy lifting for us, WE want to do it.

Finally, if a bunch of other people had to help to build it, is it really “Our Character”, or does it belong to them as well? If they have no claim, then again we’ve been asking them to give up something for our personal gain, with no return. Personally, I’d rather be guilt free when I tell someone I don’t feel like playing my druid tonight. I don’t want to owe them one for helping me to make that druid functional.

These are some of the reasons, I’m sure there are others.

If you put so much energy into the game, as you are putting into those arguments I am sure you’d already be done with those Hero challenges.

Again… i will repeat the same and for the love of all that is saint, try to read what I am actually saying this time. Asking for help with HP in map chat is NOT begging and it will never be. You are also giving some awful arguments, which I have experienced in other MMOs, but never did so in gw2, mostly because, as a large the community is very friendly and helpful. Of course there is always bad apples among the bunch, but nothing is perfect. I helped a lot of people who did asked for help with HPs or that poi or this poi or helped a player to get to a vista he couldn’t figured out how to reach. Also the viceverse is true, where I asked for help and some people showed up to land a hand.

Back to the question with the HPs. Everyone knows that some of them are impossible to solo and no one should ever mock you for asking help for some of them. If someone does, do the most sensible thing and ignore that person, because most likely its just a troll, or someone who decided to stroke its own ego.

I dont know why do you think that teaming with other players for those points will make your character any less yours, to be honest thats very redicilous notion. Dont take this, as an insult, its not meant to be one, but how did your reached that conclusion? In a team you also contribute, just like other players contribute (If you are not laying killed on the ground 99% of the time of course), so I seriously fail to see the logic in what you are saying.

Anet made the Hero challenges in HoT way more challenging then the once in Central Tyria and I think thats perfectly fine. Thats why they are challenges. Have you personally felt challenged by any of the ones in CT? I know I haven’t. Anet also provided a ways for you face them and complete them. If you dont want to face them in the established way (like all of us did, eg. find a group, friends, ask for a helping hand in map chat etc..) then the problem is entirely yours. You said that grouping for dungeons and raids is ok. Why isn’t then for Open world content? There is numerous party groups opened that run HP across HoT maps all the time. Maybe get into one of those, since you are so oppose to asking for a help in mapchat.

In the end, imo, whatever you choice, almost anything really will be much more productive then coming to the forum and complaining about a certain game desing in hopes the anet will cave in in the end and nerf it.

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

I think you’re sort of putting that on yourself, don’t you? I don’t expect to be able to solo every challenge. I like to try anyway, but ultimately I’m not capable of completing every single challenge on my own. So I have no problem asking for help. What else am I going to do? I figure everyone else is in the same situation, so why would it bother them if I ask?

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

In any online game where I am faced with content that I cannot solo I can and do ask, “getting ready to try X, anyone else need it or want to help?”

Looking for a teammate for content intended to be completed by a group, even if some can solo it, is nothing like begging for gold in chat. Letting someone else know that a group is forming for content that they couldn’t solo is not being, “that guy.” Its being, “that guy who is an excellent community member.”

If one feels that asking for or offering help is something to be ashamed of then one is likely going to run into problems in any communal endeavor, including this game, other games, and life itself.

Posted by: Kelly.7019

Kelly.7019

HoT hero points are perfectly fine for solo players. I cleared them all in the first week after release and most of that time i was soloing late at night.

Yo, Ho, all together, raise the colors high,
Yo, Ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Every hero point is soloable. No need for a nerf at all, that’d be boring.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Posted by: Nethod.7068

Nethod.7068

hero points aren’t heroic enough, nerf please thx. (pshhh as if anet ever makes anything accessible casuals anymore. game is dead. GW3?)

Mercellas,
Guardian, Chef

(edited by Nethod.7068)

Posted by: voltaicbore.8012

voltaicbore.8012

Not that it’s anything new, but I’m noticing more “nerf PvE” threads, or threads that are ostensibly about another topic but boil down to “[x] aspect of PvE is too hard.”

I’m firmly in the camp that thinks the HoT HPs are fine as they are. Also, I always help with HPs whenever I can, even during a meta event if my particular area is covered. I’m not trying to say that OP is doing anything wrong to be having so much trouble finding a group. I just want to say that OP’s experience is definitely not the norm that I experience when running HoT HPs.