HoT Mordy fight - There is no exit

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: jzack.1573

jzack.1573

So uh, aside from the fact that if you die at any point in this encounter (and I was at 90% done after about 30 minutes) you have to start all the freaking way over, there is also no way to exit from the encounter. I alt+f4’ed out because I had to go and really couldn’t repeat that all over again… and I felt like this was a really poor design choice and really don’t have any compulsion to go back and repeat it.

Just thought someone should look into that… and perhaps make it so you can at least restart at a given stage in that fight because… it got boring really fast.

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

The mouth of Modremoth or the personal story modremoth?

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Slowpokeking.8720

Slowpokeking.8720

The mouth of Modremoth or the personal story modremoth?

I think he was talking about the story.

yeah the fight is a bit too long and very buggy.

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

I was really frustrated by this fight. I may have missed it, but I didn’t notice the typical dialogue box indicating that you must “Interact.” with the updrafts on the platform. I found the mechanics of the fight otherwise to be too easy, which seems necessary because the fight is so drawn out and doesn’t feature checkpoints. If they were bleeding-edge difficult, we’d all be throwing our computers out the window in frustration!

The story itself is very cool as usual. I enjoyed the whole thing! But I would have preferred a shorter, more challenging fight. Or perhaps a lengthy, challenging fight with checkpoints between phases. And I apologize if I somehow missed that “Interact” box, but once I figured out that I had to click the interact keybind to activate the updrafts this fight was trivial.

Probably more of a noob thing. I’ll bet most of you figured that out right away!

Posted by: jzack.1573

jzack.1573

I did figure out what to do but if you miss that last part where you need to be flying… which btw, I was jumping right at the time you get tossed into the air, and thus couldn’t get airborne… you have to start the whole thing over again. DO NOT JUMP when it comes to that part of the fight. That really seems like a bug to me. But also there really is no way to exit that content other than to Alt+F4 out. Your allies keep reviving you and you are always in combat so no porting away. There should be a usual exit from that encounter.

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Hearts and mind story? Flight and fancy achievement? (not getting hit by mordremoth rock attack)?

I had crazy much trouble to complete this (solo). What i did was, solo it. Remember very well were the tree is (see guide on youtube). Go relative close to it (a bit under, southward). After 3 blighted npc ‘that you fix’ is one phase i think, 6 blighted is another, etc, remember this. very well. after blighted npc you need a tiny bit of damage to get the phase, do it ranged from the correct spot.

Now if things go wrong, what i did was, suicide. Use his lightnign aoe to accomplish this. Now the npc’s ress you, so you gotta suicide 3x to succesfully die. If you respawn then, the achievement is active again. The only prob is your armor breaks after 8 deaths. (repair canisters, can be very handy in here thus).

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: AzureWolf.9150

AzureWolf.9150

One thing I noticed in the Mordy fight (which I agree is long and could use a break half way through) is that if you are in a group and someone dies fighting Mordy (or his shadow), there is no chance to revive them. They get teleported to a “staging area” and have to watch the remainder of the fight with no chance to get back in to help the group (unless everyone dies).

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

One thing I noticed in the Mordy fight (which I agree is long and could use a break half way through) is that if you are in a group and someone dies fighting Mordy (or his shadow), there is no chance to revive them. They get teleported to a “staging area” and have to watch the remainder of the fight with no chance to get back in to help the group (unless everyone dies).

This was really the only thing that bothered me about the fight. Well…and not being able to tell where I could catch one of the drafts to get off the platform when he’s charging up that full platform attack. My husband died because he couldn’t catch an updraft, and I ended up having to finish the fight alone for us. =/

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

Yes the fact that dead party members get cloistered away to watch the fight helplessly is baffling and really frustrating.

My best friend was very cynical about the fight (after Zhaitan.) I got him there and we pushed through to the final phase. He was impressed all the way through, esp. with all the cool stuff for sylvari PCs beforehand. Then he died and had to spend the rest of fight watching me from the rafters.

It very near ruined the experience for both of us. The two of us have been playing this game together since GW1 launch. We were excited less to defeat Mordy, and more to defeat Mordy together. We were there with our sylvari PCs and it was a whole thing. When we realized there was no way to get him back into the fight it just killed the whole mood.

Please don’t ever do that again. Helpless and powerless is the last thing you want you players to feel during the final boss fight.

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

My problem with the fight is, if you go with friends and you die, but they don’t you get sent to the penalty box, then not only can you not rejoin the fight, you cant even WATCH the fight, so you sit there wondering what’s going on. I have to admit that aspect is really crappy.

They really should either give us some way to rejoin the fight, or don’t have us respawn and at least let us watch the fight from the aspect of our dead, rotting corpses.

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

Its soloable even with warrior berserkers once u get the boss mechanics. i helped many new/random guys finish it, even when the guys died.

But i recommend some regen food(mango pie), or skills. u didnt need change all ur build.

The last time, i was randomly search for pods on Dragon Stand when someone whispered me asking for help.

the majority of deads was on fly phase.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

They really need to restrict that penalty box nonsense to Extreme Mode, where it at least make sense. There’s no point to doing it in normal mode.

The same goes for the whole “start all over if you die” thing. If you spend 10 minutes burning through Mordremoth’s massive pool of HP and then die because the flight phase screwed you over, making you do the whole first part again is just tedious.

Posted by: BellatorDeus.2310

BellatorDeus.2310

My only comment: in personal story mode you should be able to reattempt the Mordremoth fight (if you die in the Mordermoth fight) without having to go through the whole previous story stage including the 2 initial fights. If you have completed those (which you have if you are at the Mordremoth fight state) the checkpoint should be set at the start of the Mordemoth fight.

In non personal story mode — I don’t care.

Posted by: AzureWolf.9150

AzureWolf.9150

Hopefully this is something they can address in a future patch, giving players in a group a chance to recover in those fights or get back into it somehow after you die to help your teammates again.

Some “checkpoints” would also be great, so if you are solo you don’t have to start all over again if you fail.