HoT Pre-Purchase Questions and Feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Arenanet also did pre purchase before. And they didn’t disappoint us.
So why do you believe they do it now?
You had an awesome first game. You had an awesome Guild Wars 2. Why is there any reason to believe that HoT won’t be awesome as well?

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

Posted by: littlemunster.1059

littlemunster.1059

Wait for release. This expansion changed from being an expansion to being repackaged goods that existing owners need to rebuy in order to get the missing contents.

The BG Super Munster!

Posted by: Odyssey.2613

Odyssey.2613

Arenanet also did pre purchase before. And they didn’t disappoint us.
So why do you believe they do it now?
You had an awesome first game. You had an awesome Guild Wars 2. Why is there any reason to believe that HoT won’t be awesome as well?

Are you friggin serious?

Can’t tell if you are serious or troll….

Want a short answer?

2015 Anet is the polar opposite of 2006 Anet .

The dev team has proven they can’t balance a 2×4 on a cinder block.

Entenkommando.5208

Are you friggin serious?

Can’t tell if you are serious or troll….

Want a short answer?

The Anet of 2015 is the polar opposite of the Anet of 2006.

I am dead serious.

8000h in Guild Wars 1, 5000h in Guild Wars 2.
I don’t see a reason not to trust them.

All we wanted was a GvG.

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

This is too much of a ‘no brainer’ for anet to comprehend.

Posted by: HenleyLegoMan.4987

HenleyLegoMan.4987

Just think which of these choices is the most intelligent and educated choice:

1. Fork out the money now, based on very little information or
2. Wait until more information comes out giving you a better idea of the value.

You can mock me for choosing option 2, but let’s not forget – only fools rush in.

There has never been a good war, or a bad peace.

littlemunster.1059

Anet already sworn by their graves that there won’t be a cheaper version of this repackaged game. It’s time for competitors to step up and offer discounts to their game and steal the player base.

The BG Super Munster!

Entenkommando.5208

Just think which of these choices is the most intelligent and educated choice:

1. Fork out the money now, based on very little information or
2. Wait until more information comes out giving you a better idea of the value.

You can mock me for choosing option 2, but let’s not forget – only fools rush in.

I also usually prefer option 2.
I’m just saying that if you know you like the game and you know that you personally trust the developer and will be playing the game 100% sure you can invest your money now and get the little bonus as well.

All we wanted was a GvG.

Posted by: Odyssey.2613

Odyssey.2613

You don’t see a reason not to trust a corporation?

How ‘bout the fact they’re a corporation?

Reason enough for me.

The dev team has proven they can’t balance a 2×4 on a cinder block.

Entenkommando.5208

You don’t see a reason not to trust a corporation?

How ‘bout the fact they’re a corporation?

Reason enough for me.

No problem if you think so.

But I play the Guild Wars franchise since 8 years so I know I can trust them.

All we wanted was a GvG.

Posted by: Braxton.3926

Braxton.3926

I’m thinking I’ll likely buy it… I haven’t really gotten far in GW2 yet and I know if I get it I’ll play it.

It’ll be fun.

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

If you had fun with the game already and you are sure that 50$ will bring you hundreds of hours of fun, go ahead and preorder.

It’s not about what you get, it’s about what you will get in the future.

How can we be sure though? They have released so little info on what content we are getting, that you are gambling at this point in time.

Waiting till nearer release loses you nothing, other than guaranteed beta access. If they eventually reveal tons of content and zones, which I hope happens, grab it then and you can be satisfied you’ll get value for money.

Of course you don’t lose anything when waiting.
But you can also show A-Net that you trust them and that you had so much fun in the first game that you willingly pay the money because the time-price-ratio was more than superb.

The question shouldn’t be if there is a reason to trust them, but rather if there is a reason not to trust them if you look in the past.

Because failing to deliver on promises, and very recent shady business practices is enough reason for me NOT to trust them. I will join the flock of rational customers and wait for more information AND an official release date.
I’m done trying to defend anets choices, they need to convince us this is worth preordering and buying on release

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

littlemunster.1059

It’s like saying, I’ve been using Microsoft Windows for 10+ years. I know I can trust them. Just take my money. Huh? What? Yes, I can trust that I am getting a deal because I use it for a long time.

The BG Super Munster!

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Anet already sworn by their graves that there won’t be a cheaper version of this repackaged game. It’s time for competitors to step up and offer discounts to their game and steal the player base.

Who is realty there competitor though?

Any way you may end up adding too many gems to the system and cause a crash. Also what is a fair prices 10$ differences dose not seem like enofe to keep me from getting HoT at 50$. It is just 10$ and in the entertainment world that dose not add up to a lot unless your talking about free vs payed. Added note i have a feeling ppl are going to have a rude awaking moment when system games start to jump to 100$+ and they will in time.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Entenkommando.5208

I’m thinking I’ll likely buy it… I haven’t really gotten far in GW2 yet and I know if I get it I’ll play it.

It’ll be fun.

If you haven’t done a lot and you are not sure yet if you will like it till the end you should wait.

All we wanted was a GvG.

Posted by: Wizard.6829

Wizard.6829

1) Being it now comes with the core, Will the core be on a separate key to give to a friend? To me that would make business sense to add another player that may look to upgrade if they like the game. Or will it be a waste for the vets?
2) what comes in the boxed version or is it just a CD in a cardboard box and when you put in the CD it says downloading everything you need you can toss the CD in the land fill now all I needed was a piece of paper from the box?

Posted by: Palindrome.8904

Palindrome.8904

1) Being it now comes with the core, Will the core be on a separate key to give to a friend? To me that would make business sense to add another player that may look to upgrade if they like the game. Or will it be a waste for the vets?
2) what comes in the boxed version or is it just a CD in a cardboard box and when you put in the CD it says downloading everything you need you can toss the CD in the land fill now all I needed was a piece of paper from the box?

1) No, vanilla cannot be purchased on its own anymore. You can either upgrade an existing account or make a new account with HoT.

2) There are no physical bonus items. I suspect it’s a standard install disc (not needed) and a printed key code.

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

as far as I’m aware, there won’t be a boxed version at all.

Posted by: Wizard.6829

Wizard.6829

as far as I’m aware, there won’t be a boxed version at all.

At the FAQ’s
Can I pre-purchase through my favorite retailer?
Yes. Starting on June 23, 2015, you’ll be able to pre-purchase boxed and digital editions of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns from our official retail partners. You may also be able to pre-order through retailers, but there is no official pre-order program and pre-purchasing is the only way to receive the benefits of our pre-purchase program, including access to all of the Beta Weekend Events.

Posted by: Kuulpb.5412

Kuulpb.5412

Anet work hard at what they do, I am 100% in agreement with their decision, World of Warcraft Expansions are costly, and then there is a subscription fee on top of that. If you don’t want to spend £50 ( deluxe) on the expansion because new players for a limited time will get GW2 as a base for free, then don’t; but Guild Wars 2 devs, producers etc. work VERY hard at what they do, this is their job. they do it so they can provide the game to you, Because all you’ve bought is the ability to use their server, they can literally shut down GW2 now, and because of the contract you signe dwhen you bought the game, which is you buy a placement in their servers while they run. You can do nothing if they shut it down, so I would make the most of what they provide before people ruin it for them

Again: The members of the Arenanet team work hard, Don’t ruin their hard work with complaints about prices, it’s not like it’s a house which you pretty much need. You don’t NEED HoT to continue playing, it’s in that spect like World of Warcraft, you don’t need all the expansions to play wow, you just get limited to areas and Classes, and in GW2 , the same thing.

Some days I feel like I can’t go on…. and then I eat Garlic.

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

Believe it or not most of the people who are angry are angry because they also love this game. Many are passionate, they want to see Anet do right by us, we want to be able to say “Anet is a great company, you can trust them to deliver”. We want this expansion to be great, enjoyable, and keep the game healthy.

They have made it very hard. Morally I couldn’t tell anyone to trust them right now. I don’t trust them atm, I am not convinced that this expansion will be all they make it out to be. They have already been caught in a pretty hefty lie, whats to stop them from lying again to fill their pockets at our expense ?

Posted by: Palindrome.8904

Palindrome.8904

Gems would never happen because it would throw the exchange out of whack.

Good scenario:
- All editions get some added bonus for upgraded accounts only

Better scenario:
- ANet implements some bonus selector item that contains a choice of BLTC account upgrades (maybe 5 options). Want a character slot? Pick that. Want a bank expansion instead? Pick that.

I in no way expect the latter and would be fairly surprised by the former.

Posted by: ImTasty.2163

ImTasty.2163

Believe it or not most of the people who are angry are angry because they also love this game. Many are passionate, they want to see Anet do right by us, we want to be able to say “Anet is a great company, you can trust them to deliver”. We want this expansion to be great, enjoyable, and keep the game healthy.

They have made it very hard. Morally I couldn’t tell anyone to trust them right now. I don’t trust them atm, I am not convinced that this expansion will be all they make it out to be. They have already been caught in a pretty hefty lie, whats to stop them from lying again to fill their pockets at our expense ?

Wait I’m at a bit lost here. How did anet lie?

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

Attachments:

ImTasty.2163

I’m still lost. What’s the lie?

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

this just dawned on me, if we are getting a free vanilla account with the expansion, that means we are getting 3 free slots if we installed from scratch. if you already have an account, you should get those 3 slots. solved.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

Random.4691

If you can’t see it, there really is no point in explaining it.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

An interesting idea. Guess we’ll see.

Gone to Reddit.

ImTasty.2163

Seriously? I just asked to explain the lie and you just post a picture. The picture has 2 identical statements, that you need the core game to play HoT. The only difference is it was changed to state that HoT also comes with the core game. The answer to the question “Do I need to own guild wars 2 to play the expansion” is still the same. That’s why I’m saying I don’t see the lie. The answer is still the same.

Posted by: Koviko.3248

Koviko.3248

Step 1. Give all the people who have purchased the standard game some amount of gems/slots etc.
Step 2. Release a cheaper version of the game that’s upgrade only

Both of these mean less money.

Won’t happen.

Posted by: BennyPatrick.1732

BennyPatrick.1732

Anet giving out a free copy of core game in each HOT pre-order

i have a account already, i want to upgrade it to HOT
but will i able to have that free copy as my alt account?

thank you for your time

Posted by: JUN YANG.4328

JUN YANG.4328

NO………….

Posted by: BennyPatrick.1732

BennyPatrick.1732

so i getting the free copy i cant use even i willing to just have it?

Random.4691

Seriously? I just asked to explain the lie and you just post a picture. The picture has 2 identical statements, that you need the core game to play HoT. The only difference is it was changed to state that HoT also comes with the core game. The answer to the question “Do I need to own guild wars 2 to play the expansion” is still the same. That’s why I’m saying I don’t see the lie. The answer is still the same.

Exactly why there is no point in explaining it, you have paid so much attention to it that you’re under the impression that I posted the screen shot.

You also clearly have the blinders on so why waste my time ?

I do have a bridge for sale if you’re interested though.

Posted by: Elyssa.8307

Elyssa.8307

Tons and tons of people bought gw2 cause they said you need to have gw2 for the expansion. Just a dirty way to make extra cash, classical bait and switch. On top of that you only get a refund if the account is younger than 30 days and you lose everything, need to start from scratch.

Posted by: JUN YANG.4328

JUN YANG.4328

you either use as a new player or.. meaning your existing character can’t get in to Hot map
or used the copy top up your core.

Random.4691

Welcome to lawlsville, population … us.

Posted by: Vix.6730

Vix.6730

WoW and FF XIV are giving each other high-fives. They couldn’t ask for a better opportunity to boost their playerbases.

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

A new player gets HoT and the base game for $50. If you are not a new player and you wish to apply HoT to your existing account, you will not get an additional copy of the game. It only applies to starters.

If you apply it to an existing account its up to you to get a character slot if you wish to play the Revenant that’s part of the expansion. A character slot is not included.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

Is this a common practice?

I think I have never pre-ordered anything (at least not games), so I don’t really know, but I think this is the first time I’ve seen anything advertised to be bought whitout a timeframe.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Yes, yes it is.

Guild Wars 2 original release started pre-purchasing in April I believe with the release date coming in June.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

It’s not uncommon , I do it all the time. Not doing it with HoT though

Random.4691

Its a grey area, it is not common but its not unheard of either. TBH there is nothing wrong with it, it is up to us, the consumer to judge whether we feel we have enough information to dole out the cash or wait for more info.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I’ll take that since it’s not in the FAQ, there will not be a headstart period then.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Omocha.4931

Omocha.4931

The release date of GW2 should’ve been 23rd of June 2015. With constant beta access for anyone buying the game between it’s pre-order announcement and the release date. Wait! It was!

Posted by: Omocha.4931

Omocha.4931

Let me give you another example on upset #2. Imaging you bought a car 3 year ago at full price. You’ve enjoyed driving it and even gave the company more money by purchasing services such as changing oil at dealers. Without you and all the buyers that bought the card, the dealer/company would have closed down long ago. Now 3 years later, a new car is coming out. It is based on the old car design, they’ve upgraded the engine so that it is faster, more fuel efficient, and plenty of new features such as standard backup camera. The price for the new car is around the same price that you’ve paid for the old car 3 years ago, but new buyers will basically get your car plus additional features for the same price. On the other hand, you as an old customer can either buy the new car as a whole, which is built upon your old car, or not buy it at all and not get the new features. In this situation, I don’t think anyone one will go up to the dealer and say something like “hey, I want the upgraded engine, can you only sell me the engine at a reduced price?” or “I bought a car 3 years ago from you, can you sell me the new car minus the current cost of my old car?” . Nobody will do that because it doesn’t make any sense. You’ve already got the enjoyment of the price you paid, you got the extra services by paying more money. So dealers don’t owe you anything when new things come out. They might give you some incentive into buying the new stuff by offering a small discount, but they may not and you can’t force them.

^ That’s precisely the case! it’s not extra features added to the 3 years old model, it’s a new car. GW2 will close doors on the day HoT will launch. As simple as that.

Frustrating? yes. Feeling like being lied to the face?! yes. Was the $50 GW2 a good purchase?! Maybe, maybe not. From here onward, it’s a different set of answers that people should ask themselves:

• Am I happy with how Anet handled bugs and game balance in GW2?
  • Am I happy with their PR and marketing policy in the 3 years leading to HoT?

If you can answer “yes” to those two, then HoT will most certainly prove another 3 years worth of fun for another $50. If you have 2nd thoughts, feeling a decrease in the company’s values and standards compared with the shift between GW1 and GW2, maybe it’s better to not rush to the wallet. You’ll more than certainly see any problem with HoT as another slap over the eyes from the devs/publisher.

Posted by: andreic.4679

andreic.4679

I heard boxed version is coming out on 23/6 (next week) and by this part in Heart of Thorns Pre-Purchase FAQ (Yes. Starting on June 23, 2015, you’ll be able to pre-purchase boxed and digital editions of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns from our official retail partners.) there isnt my country on list of official retail partners,so I ask will in future boxed version be in more game stores around the EU or it will stay onli at official retail partners and anny one who whant to get a game thet isnt close to thos partners need to get digital copy?

Vorpp: Who let this creature out of its cage? Someone’s fired!