[HoT Spoilers] Hypothesis on season 3

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Zelanard.5806

Zelanard.5806

No Bones, No Corpses
okay, so, we know that Rata Novus was destroyed. But it is never mentioned that the Rata Novans was killed, and we don’t Ever see any Rata Novan remains or corpses.
Comparing their high level of dragon slaying research to how easily we take out the chok, I strongly doubt that the Rata Novans have been killed. I find it more likely that they left Rata Novus, Went underground in their hunt for Primordus, after having found his weakness, and that we will get to see them in Season 3.

What do you think?

When commenting on a suggestion:
Leave it to A-net to decide whether the suggestion is possible or not.

Posted by: Rasgalinj.2763

Rasgalinj.2763

Well, here’s hoping. Would be awesome to see more on Primordus.

Zelanard.5806

Primordus and Tyria underground. <3

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Season 3 will be all about Glint’s Egg

Zelanard.5806

I doubt season 3 will even mention glints egg… unless it gets stolen again, which would make no sense from a storytelling viewpoint… :P

Posted by: LucianDK.8615

LucianDK.8615

From the blabber I heard, ls3 would involve the egg hatching, and us having to deal with the result.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Living World Season 3
You can look forward to the return of our Living World updates and the story picking back up in the world of Tyria. Warning: There are story spoilers ahead if you haven’t yet finished
Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns.
With the recent death of Mordremoth, the Pact and its armies are in disarray with the vast majority of its troops dead or missing. Survivors have begun to regroup or gone home to mourn the dead while the heroes of the great invasion into the jungle investigate a strange disturbance to the north. Within the golden city of Tarir, the last known dragon egg rests protected by the Exalted—but the egg begins to crack. What creature lies within the egg? An enemy or an ally? In other corners of Tyria, the remaining powerful elder dragons continue to expand their control—but what impact will the death of the two of the elder dragons have on them and on Tyria itself? What impact will being held by Mordremoth have on Zojja and Logan? What research will Taimi uncover at Rata Novus? What plans do Anise and the Shining Blade have for Canach? How will the Black Citadel react when they learn of the return of Rytlock? These questions and more await you in season three of Living World! We’ll give you more details as we get closer to its launch.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/state-of-the-game-update-q1-2016/

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Taimi reveals that she’s discovered Mordremoth’s weakness, and it’s not what we used. No, he’s just stunned, so we have to work fast. His real weakness is an exotic poison, the very one Scarlet Briar was working to develop. The final form of it doesn’t kill, it changes the way magic is absorbed and stored. In a person or animal, injecting it might result in some minor magical oddities, such as a new or altered ability. (Like, for example, knowing when someone is lying.)

The altered magic is toxic to Mordy. Spray the jungle with it, and it will reject him until he’s back down into his original, draconic form. Then we just need to take something compatible with him, say something made from the Pale Tree, infuse it with the poison, and drive it through his heart.

…. yeah, I know. But we can dream, right?

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

No Bones, No Corpses
okay, so, we know that Rata Novus was destroyed. But it is never mentioned that the Rata Novans was killed, and we don’t Ever see any Rata Novan remains or corpses.
Comparing their high level of dragon slaying research to how easily we take out the chok, I strongly doubt that the Rata Novans have been killed. I find it more likely that they left Rata Novus, Went underground in their hunt for Primordus, after having found his weakness, and that we will get to see them in Season 3.

What do you think?

I think that would be a fun idea.

However, equally fun would be finding out what’s going on in Elona or Cantha, learning about Kralk or Jormag, or even something unrelated to Elder Dragons. One thing I really liked about Season 1: we had no idea what was threatening Tyria or why for ages.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Gendou.9620

Gendou.9620

I’m in the firm belief that every time an elder dragon dies it floods the world with magic; this creates weird reactions such as ones seen in spirit vale. In turn I think this creates a kind of wild magic? More or less magic that isn’t easily harnessed but more naturally occurring on its own. This is kind of like when something dies or w/e and the dragons come to harvest magic from the world after it has been accumulating. So maybe it is possible that there are even more dangers to defeating the bigger predators? (AKA elder dragons)

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

What it basically means is that with each killed dragon, the surviving ones become stronger. The final surviving one will have all of the Tyria’s magic at his disposal. And I have a strange feeling it will be Kralkatorrik. And that Rytlock, Logan and Zojja will have an important role in the campaign against him.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

The Elder Dragons serve a purpose, they devour magic so it’s not flooding the world, not having something to regulate magic will have its own dire consequences.

My best guess is that something similar to the Kormir/Abaddon business will happen here, someone (or something) will take the place of the 2 dead dragons. The Egg is one obvious canditate, maybe the Player character will be another, far fetched but I think I reakittene spoiler about it somewhere on reddit, or even the Pale Tree after she recovers.

Also, this part:

Survivors have begun to regroup or gone home to mourn the dead while the heroes of the great invasion into the jungle investigate a strange disturbance to the north.

I wonder if it’s about the raid (north of maguuma) or north as in Shiverpeaks (Jormag). How “north” is that “north” supposed to be?

I hope this time they have multiple plots at the same time, although more confusing, it does create a more interesting storyline when you have lots of different things to deal with, rather than a single thing at a time.

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

The Elder Dragons serve a purpose, they devour magic so it’s not flooding the world, not having something to regulate magic will have its own dire consequences.

My best guess is that something similar to the Kormir/Abaddon business will happen here, someone (or something) will take the place of the 2 dead dragons. The Egg is one obvious canditate, maybe the Player character will be another, far fetched but I think I reakittene spoiler about it somewhere on reddit, or even the Pale Tree after she recovers.

Also, this part:

Survivors have begun to regroup or gone home to mourn the dead while the heroes of the great invasion into the jungle investigate a strange disturbance to the north.

I wonder if it’s about the raid (north of maguuma) or north as in Shiverpeaks (Jormag). How “north” is that “north” supposed to be?

I hope this time they have multiple plots at the same time, although more confusing, it does create a more interesting storyline when you have lots of different things to deal with, rather than a single thing at a time.

my thought were it was the dragons unwaking is what drove the gods down. i think once we get to the last dragon we find out what the gods really are and bring them back in a way

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Wow. I sure hope the player won’t be taking on the magic. Sounds like another thing to level. We need masteries to actually be used, not some new energy collection scheme. It would be a really dumb move by ANET.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

To the OP: visit chak hives. You will see the bones.

Per lore, the escape gate was only open for 5 minutes. That was not enough to get everyone out. And even then, if you get to the Dragon research lab in the open world, there are panels with a journal of someone who, with others, were trapped in that lab with no way out.

So while some seem to have made it out – to the cube to the west per a Buried Insight story achievement – not many would have. Those who didn’t likely had their corpses brought to the hives as food for the swarm.

As to what S3 will be about, it will likely be a single instance directed to each thing in the blog post preview, like S2 was for a lot of things. One or two instances then move on.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.