HoT Story going forward [Spoilers]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I’d like to see Kasmeer win back her family’s noble charter. It’s not all that uncommon for people to be raised to nobility for service to the state or the sovereign. Witness Sir Paul McCartney.

Kasmeer and Majory have definitely earned it. I’d also like to see them wed on the palace grounds.

A couple other things I’d like to see; A meeting and coming to terms with The Pale Tree and Caithe, I’d like to get a chance to honor Eir in Norn fashion, singing her praises at the hearth in the great lodge. Logan and Zoja need to be honored and dealt with.. and then there’s my lady Queen Jenna.

The story needs a lot of closures and tying of loose ends. I feel I should return to The Pale Tree and explain her firstborn’s willing sacrifice…

The story needs follow through.

Mesmerising Girl

Ithilwen.1529

Bumping this thread because I want ANET to see it. I feel Eir should have a moot and a pyre to honor her. Similar but culturally appropriate things for Zoja and Logan.

Mesmerising Girl

Posted by: Zabiyaka.2567

Zabiyaka.2567

NO! Eir should not die in first place. One of the best characters in game. Well designed and all. She is the icon of the game. NPC in open world are talking about her. You can meet her in her lodge what doesn’t make any sense after her death.Wheres Brahm in all that? He only appears in story. Why she had to die!? For Brahm development?!What development? He just got bald and wields longbow now! I’m totally wrecked with Eir’s death and I finished the story without any care from prison part. Its been 3-4 days and i still can’t find any enjoyment in GW2. Dont look at me as if Im geek or nerd with his favourite character embroided on his pillow. I don’t wanna be considered "bring back Eir or I wont play game! " whiner but the fact is I rly dont feel like playing GuildWars anymore. All became dull. And I’m not only one feeling and thinking this way.

(edited by Zabiyaka.2567)

Posted by: Triangulator.2867

Triangulator.2867

NO! Eir should not die in first place. One of the best characters in game. Well designed and all. She is the icon of the game. NPC in open world are talking about her. You can meet her in her lodge what doesn’t make any sense after her death.Wheres Brahm in all that? He only appears in story. Why she had to die!? For Brahm development?!What development? He just got bald and wields longbow now! I’m totally wrecked with Eir’s death and I finished the story without any care from prison part. Its been 3-4 days and i still can’t find any enjoyment in GW2. Dont look at me as if Im geek or nerd with his favourite character embroided on his pillow. I don’t wanna be considered "bring back Eir or I wont play game! " whiner but the fact is I rly dont feel like playing GuildWar anymore. All became dull. And I’m not only one feeling and thinking this way.

Are you a “Bring-back-Eir-or-I-wont-play-game” whiner?

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Kasmeer and Majory have definitely earned it. I’d also like to see them wed on the palace grounds.

As I mentioned in another thread, if you talk to Marjory at the end, you’ll find out that Kasmeer and her are having “personal issues” with their relationship. So I see a falling out more likely to happen than a wedding.

On a side note, use a spoiler in your title. You’re spoiling the story for those that haven’t seen it yet.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: OtakuModeEngage.8679

OtakuModeEngage.8679

Zoja and logan didn’t die… so those who think they need a funeral, I suggest you replay the second to last instance, watch all cut scenes and pay attension to dialogue… honestly..

Kasmeer and Marjory will not be getting married, at least not at this time, Marjory said they are having personal issues. Probably they’ll overcome them in the future, but for now it’s a no go.

I do want to see a proper funeral ceremony for Eir and Treahearn. For me that is a must. Especially the way they made Eir die, the least they can do is honour her with a proper send off. And I’ve never hated, or understood the hate for treahearn, he’s always treated me as a friend and so I thought of him as one as well. (Even though I only play human charactets) It saddened me deeply to see him fall. And I want to be able to honour his Nobel sacrafice

OtakuModeEngage.8679

Are you a “Bring-back-Eir-or-I-wont-play-game” whiner?

I don’t think they should bring Eir back, dead is dead… but her death was bullkitten…

Zabiyaka.2567

Bringing her back would mean admitting to a mistake. Never say never though. Hope dies last.

OtakuModeEngage.8679

Bringing her back would mean admitting to a mistake. Never say never though. Hope dies last.

It would also destroy story Immersion. As much as I liked her character, and as much as I hated the weak storytelling in which they killed her off, it would break the story for them to go back and alter it post release. And feel fake/forced/bad to have her somehow come back to life in a future installment.

That’s the iron law to story telling, once it’s published, it’s fact. A post release change of script only appears to be an altercation of fact, an untruth if you will, and as such fans can’t except it as having happened. Take George Lucas’s many revisions of star wars for instance, and even he didn’t alter the story line as drastically as you’re requesting. No, dead is dead.

(edited by OtakuModeEngage.8679)

Zabiyaka.2567

So how about that cloning theory, time travel, magic, necromancy ? It wont interrupt your “fact” thingy and imagine how many ppl it will make happy.

Posted by: Elyssandariel.2679

Elyssandariel.2679

Might want to do (spoilers inside) for people who haven’t completed the story yet Otherwise, I -enjoyed- the story so far, yes, even with Eir’s demise. I shed my little girly tears and felt gutted but that’s what made it GOOD for me. The story reached out and touched me. I don’t think they should bring her back, at all.

And I am one of the ones who hate Trahearne. LOL he did -nothing- at Claw Island but stand on one of the ramparts and look important, and Seiran gave her all! Then he goes on to do nothing but hold me up and ask for my input, every time something happens. -I- should’ve been leader and that sword should’ve been mine

OtakuModeEngage.8679

So how about that cloning theory, time travel, magic, necromancy ? It wont interrupt your “fact” thingy and imagine how many ppl it will make happy.

All are cheap overused clique plot devices, if used properly, they could work… but I doubt GW2 could pull it off without looking forced or just bad. Also, I sincerely doubt that is their direction. Well, I could always be wrong; perhaps gw2 has found an amazing way to bring her back, and will deliver it spectacularly… I doubt it. Just let Eir rest in peace, shedeserved that much.

Honour her, and keep her in your memory, let her name ring true as your battle cry, morn, and let it go. Let me reiterate, I truly hope LS S3 gives her a proper hero’s send off worthy of her legend, or I won’t be satisfied either. Beyond that, there is nothing more I can ask for.

Ithilwen.1529

I thought Eir’s death was a really bad move as far as story telling. Still, it’s clear that ANET’s trying to introduce the new group as Destiny’s edge 2.0. ( with the player as the central figure ) To do that, they’ll have to write out all the originals or retire them as mentors.

I totally agree that Eir deserves a Story Instance to send her off to the Mists in proper style.

As to npc discussing Eir; ANET’s dodge for story continuity is that all or most of those things happened before the personal story. It’s pretty clever truthfully.

With respect to Time Travel.. my impossible hope it that Chronomancers will find a way to visit Old Tyria.. not unlike fractals.

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

Zabiyaka.2567

I -enjoyed- the story so far, yes, even with Eir’s demise. I shed my little girly tears and felt gutted but that’s what made it GOOD for me. The story reached out and touched me. I don’t think they should bring her back, at all.

Must say I’m kinda jealous becasue after Eir’s death I didn’t care much bout story, not mentioning enjoying further gaming.

(edited by Zabiyaka.2567)

Zabiyaka.2567

Still. There are many ppl that would realy appreciated her come back. Maybe something with druid magic later on. Maybe Mordremoth did something to her that will cause her revival. Maybe some extreme chronomancy that will only affect her body. Maybe something with Glint’s egg for Eir was her friend. Possibilities are endless.