HoT and Halloween

HoT and Halloween

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

I know the big hype is for the release date, and I’m as psyched as everybody else is, but here’s a question… what does this do for Halloween? Will they recycle the last couple years or will there be a new celebration in LA?

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

HoT and Halloween

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

In all likelihood, it’ll be a rehash with some new items for sale with candy corn. Also, the event will take place in the Pavillion instead of Lion’s Arch a la Wintersday.

Pure speculation on my part.

Gone to Reddit.

HoT and Halloween

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

We will.have to see. Time is the only answer for that.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

HoT and Halloween

Posted by: Autumnmane.3574

Autumnmane.3574

I was hoping this would be the year they continue the story, but that isn’t looking likely now Also I imagine the labyrinth won’t be nearly as populated since most players will be exploring the the new HoT content. Oh well at least we have megaservers this time, unlike the year the Lab died when the Tower of Nightmares was introduced during 2013 Halloween.

HoT and Halloween

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I know the big hype is for the release date, and I’m as psyched as everybody else is, but here’s a question… what does this do for Halloween? Will they recycle the last couple years or will there be a new celebration in LA?

Guild Wars Nightfall was released during Halloween celebrations. The only uniqueness was that Kamadan had halloween decorations and quests and a finale three days after.

I imagine that HoT would have minimal affect on Halloween – the question is: Will they add more content to Halloween, or will it be like Wintersday and last year’s Halloween?

And I feel that’s irrelevant to HoT’s development.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

HoT and Halloween

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

It will be the traditional copy paste with the usual excuse from Arena Net that they are too busy to work on more content.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

HoT and Halloween

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

I really hope it’s not a rehash and just slapped on like they did with Wintersday last year. Halloween has been my favorite event in Guild Wars since 2006.

HoT and Halloween

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

Personally, because of the release date, I truly hope there is no Halloween event at all this year. Don’t get me wrong, I love the event but I would MUCH rather be playing HoT than farming the labyrinth. I know I don’t ‘have to’ do it, but I really feel like I do- I must get every achievement that gets released ASAP, especially temporary ones and if Halloween comes out when HoT does, I will have to be bored to tears in the labyrinth or farming lunatic inquisition instead of doing HoT things and having fun because that is permanent.
Again, I know I am not forced to do this by anyone other than myself but it is what I feel I have to do even when I would rather be playing new content.

About continuing the story, I didn’t expect it this year because last time it said ‘our annual Halloween event, blood and madness returns’ or something to that effect which basically confirmed it would be the same for the foreseeable future. I would love to be surprised however. Next year though, I would expect a continuation of the Halloween story and hopefully every year after that (I think the reason it was the same last year is because HoT was being developed. We can definitely expect new rewards this year though, even with HoT around when the event is still live.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

HoT and Halloween

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

You are assuming that there will be an event at all. I’m not so sure – i doubt they’d want anything to possibly take away people from playing HoT.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

HoT and Halloween

Posted by: DragonflyDusk.6582

DragonflyDusk.6582

For me personally, I was upset when I found out the release date was so close to Halloween. It’s my favorite holiday in-game (even with the rehashing), and I’m worried about how they are going to handle it. My personal concerns include:

1. It not going live: Either because Arenanet doesn’t want it to compete with HOT, or because they didn’t tailor it yet to the new Lion’s Arch layout.

2. It going live, but becoming the absurdly minuscule squish-fest at the Queen’s Pavilion that Wintersday was last time.

I personally would have preferred HOT coming out in November so that it didn’t risk interfering with Halloween, but also to give them some more time to perfect HOT. And if they skip Halloween, then it means waiting another whole year for it. :|

[ I survived the 2015 April Fools Forum Meltdown ]