HoT is not challenging

HoT is not challenging

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

I would not say it’s easy because you can hide behind a zerg. Try a map with much less people then it’s your chance to shine personally. Come back and tell me if it’s easy.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

HoT is not challenging

Posted by: 22BF12DD-6886-49A6-84BC-836A8957AD67

22BF12DD-6886-49A6-84BC-836A8957AD67

I would not say it’s easy because you can hide behind a zerg. Try a map with much less people then it’s your chance to shine personally. Come back and tell me if it’s easy.

okay, it’s easy

HoT is not challenging

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

A lot of the people complaining it’s hard come from WoW I think, in that game you one or two shot every single enemy in the open world and they take about 300 hits to kill you. A brain damaged monkey could do open world content in WoW, all the mobs are just different skinned meatbags.

I agree open world content in this game isn’t too difficult but you do need to know what to do and anticipate / react to different enemy types and attacks.

HoT is not challenging

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

It occurred to me that I’ve never actually stated my position on this. It all comes down to what qualifies as challenging.

While I’m not actually good at playing the game, many people would say I am good at the game. This is all due to the preparation and analysis I make. I build to the maximum and I figure out simple tricks and tactics to beat encounters. Because of this, nearly every encounter in this game (and most games, for that matter), can be reduced down to a series of steps toward guaranteed victory. Once you know those steps, everything is pretty simple, really.

If you are familiar with the game, figuring out these steps should be pretty easy. Yes, there is a good chance you’ll be downed by your first sniper, but after the 3rd or 4th one they’re pretty mundane. If you aren’t familiar with the game, it might take a bit longer. But, so long as you are observant and have decent problem solving skills, victory will come naturally.

A real “challenge” is when executing those series of steps is difficult, or if there isn’t a series of steps at all. The latter is really rare, but the former not as much. Most of the overworld content isn’t too challenging. It is quite a bit harder than the base game overworld is currently, but that is just a series of steps.

I would say that raids are quite challenging, though.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

HoT is not challenging

Posted by: RustyMech.9876

RustyMech.9876

If the game had a “hardcore” mode (You die you start over from scratch) it would be “challenging”. There would also be a very small percentage of people using it.

HoT is not challenging

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Whether or not HoT is too challenging or just right isn’t the real issue, it’s not for me, so I don’t venture there. I finished story and left, it’s all yours. Raids were the only thing I went in for and I’m taking a break from them as well. WvW is ruined and the solo Q in PVP is in the worst place it’s ever been so if you’re enjoying it, gratz but I wasted money on HoT.

Whether my assessment, yours, or some new player who bought the game and loves it or quit instantly is being catered to We shall find out soon enough. I’m tired, the game’s gone Free To Play so any hope I had for GW2 left when Anet stole from me and I doubt they can fix what they’ve broken with this feature pack.

Happy for you even if I’m angry at the player base for not being angry all the time at what this game turned into. I’m just tired.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

HoT is not challenging

Posted by: Exotrax.4207

Exotrax.4207

Sorry, but I don’t understand why so many people say HoT is so “hard” and “challenging”.

Is dodging right so hard? Is getting tankier gear if you can’t so hard? Is playing with others if you can’t do that so hard? There are always people there.

Im pretty much disappointed about the mob’s AI. Stand on an elevation and Bristlebacks don’t hit, stand on an elevation or dodge from a wall and stoneheads will stun themselfes. Mordrem snipers obvious attacks are just the easiest to dodge attacks in the entire game, same for the hammer guys. Pocket raptors… AoE and they die instantly. Just run out of the smokescales AoE.

I got VB and AB to 100% w/o getting real help from others, just some meta events, solo’ed almost every Champ on those 2 maps (This vampire thingy sucked, tho pun intended)

Overall HoT just doesn’t feel fast paced, well harder than the normal open world but not the challenge everyone cries about.

Other opinions from people that think it really isn’t that hard?

On my opinion the problem is not the fact that is hard , but the fact that to complete a meta event you need :
1) watch an HoT map timer all time
2) if you come back home from work and you want do a meta event in HoT and the meta already started ….you need to wait the remaining time to join a new one.
3) If you are on time for the meta , you have to be luck enough to join a full map , if not…..wait another two hours
4) I depends in 100+ players to succeed in a meta.
5)I need to bagging all time around to taxi me in a full map
6) you finally manage to complete an event and in return what you get …..garbage rewards.

I did what I had to do in HoT and now I NEVER come back to that …..this is supposed to be a video game …….that you log in and you play ……not logging in and spend most of your time to look for people or trying to get into a full map.

So I’m only playing GW2 in old Tyria and do other things, and I’m surprised in a good way that even if I don’t play the expansion …..that is supposed to be the endgame ….I can still enjoying very much the game.

HoT is not challenging

Posted by: Minx.7521

Minx.7521

VB: challenging to organize everyone into groups of 2-5 to do all events.
AB: challenging to finish a map without it randomly closing.
TD: challenging to navigate the map without getting on the wrong level.
DS: challenging to find cheese irl with the whine.

HoT is not challenging

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Is HoT challenging? Yes.

Why Doesn’t it feel challenging? Death does not matter, Death doesn’t matter in GW2, you can pretty much rez rush to the objective and eventually beat it. Sure, it’s annoying but that’s about it. Waypoints in my opinion, were the worst edition to this game…having them every 20 feet was a horrible mistake…

In GW1 there was a severe penalty for death and if your entire party wiped in the instance (Pre- EOTN) it was over, bye, done, restart, gg. By not having that penalty for death you get no difficulty whatsoever. If an encounter is indeed difficult, lets say the Chak Gerent (I see a lot of ppl die to him) and there was no waypoint on the map, you had to be rezed by people and if your party wiped it’d be over, failed event gg. It would add to the difficulty.

Since there will always be a rez rush problem, there will be no “difficult” content in GW2.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

HoT is not challenging

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

okay, it’s easy

Wow your username is awesome…lol >.>

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

HoT is not challenging

Posted by: Werdx.2059

Werdx.2059

I am sure,those people saying game is not hard,you should do it with ease,they play zerk Necro or some other op class.

Go play scepter/shield/hammer guardian,with 12 k hp,vs mobs hitting you 5 k,then come with fairy tales like “game is not hard”.

Now comes “play meta”…Not everyone is trender,some people actually playing spec and class they enjoy,not what gives them easy way out.

HoT is not challenging

Posted by: Arrk.4102

Arrk.4102

I am sure,those people saying game is not hard,you should do it with ease,they play zerk Necro or some other op class.

Go play scepter/shield/hammer guardian,with 12 k hp,vs mobs hitting you 5 k,then come with fairy tales like “game is not hard”.

Now comes “play meta”…Not everyone is trender,some people actually playing spec and class they enjoy,not what gives them easy way out.

Done. Show me the challenge, please.
If you want me to do it again, with Scepter and Shield or Hammer, I can go and do it. But don’t think this game is hard, because it really isn’t.

HoT is not challenging

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

if you make a couple mistakes you die, thats a decent example of challenging imo.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

HoT is not challenging

Posted by: Arrk.4102

Arrk.4102

if you make a couple mistakes you die, thats a decent example of challenging imo.

Not really. This is an MMO, not a Solo Adventure experience. You can afford to make mistakes. If you don’t play the game as intended i.e. solo, then yes the game can be challenging. But even then, it’s easily doable.

HoT is not challenging

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

Not really. This is an MMO, not a Solo Adventure experience. You can afford to make mistakes. If you don’t play the game as intended i.e. solo, then yes the game can be challenging. But even then, it’s easily doable.

Op was referring to solo play which is what I was referring to.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize