HoT map rewards? Chests? Unbalanced!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: MaJoBooOM.4851

MaJoBooOM.4851

So my problem is that all those HoT chests give too many sparks oils and so on that my inventory starts to hurt.

Look I get that people were complaining about having to play the HoT maps to get those HoT legendarys and that it takes them to much time. And I agree with that it was to time consuming , I did nevermore and it took me some time to get all fulgurite, it would be more relaxing if it would go just a bit faster. (A bit!)

But! Now If I am doing a HoT meta I get so many sparks and oil that I have to throw them all away. You could have fixed it so much easier for example by making a 95-100% chance to drop 1-2 “sparks” and a 5% chance to drop 10 sparks. But now we get 10+ from every second chest. I get the feeling that when you want to adjust something you go from one bad edge to an other.

The other problem I have is that I get so many Verdant Brick Chest keys from even 1 easy event that from doing the whole meta I have a stack of keys in my inventory, I cant do anything with them. For example after night meta we can glide and open chests, once I opened max 50 chest but still had 70 keys in invetory and got 10+from meta end.

What I liked in the old maps like Silverwaste was that we didnt get the keys but we could buy them for currency.

Tldr: 1. Reduce Sparks , Oil , Dust from chests to a reasonable amount. 2. Take the cargo keys from events away and let us buy them from npc map shop.
3. MY INVENTORY HURTS FROM ALL THOSE SPARKS, KEYS, OIL, DUST. Helpppp…sos.

Sincerly
Marcus Yami

Edit : typo
Edit : Stop panicking, I ask for solutions , I dont ask for nerfs.

Riverside. Marcus Yami [Gold]

(edited by MaJoBooOM.4851)

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

But! Now If I am doing a HoT meta I get so many sparks and oil that I have to throw them all away.

So throw them away. Better yet, delete occasionally 1-2 stacks from your bank, problem solved. Not sure why this has to affect other players.

The other problem I have is that I get so many Verdant Brick Chest keys from even 1 easy event that from doing the whole meta I have a stack of keys in my inventory, I cant do anything with them. For example after night meta we can glide and open chests, once I opened max 50 chest but still had 70 keys in invetory and got 10+from meta end.

So delete spare keys. Again, why make this subjective problem one for all? I ran out of 110 VB keys in less than 3 days since I didn’t focus on doing events but just went in towards the end of a cycle and opened chests. Similar to chest farming in SW.

MaJoBooOM.4851

Ok, Now I get , you people just love junk items in your inventory. To delete them every 5 mins , best idea ever!
Brought to you by #BagInsideOfBagInsideOfBag

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’d rather have too many keys than too few.

Too many can be deleted. Too few and you have to skip opening up chests. I prefer to delete.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Gator.5729

Gator.5729

Just because you have to many and don’t want them doesn’t mean they are junk to other players.

It sounds like your problem not mine.

MaJoBooOM.4851

Where is the fun in the game if everything is given to you? Do you really like using cheats in games and finish the game in 10 seconds?

I loved all the hot maps , now I hate them because of those junk items , and Yes for someone it isnt junk cause they need it for legendary , LIKe said I did nevermore and I loved the journey, but there is no fun when I do a legendary and all I need for it is GOLD , the sparks where fun to collect , I was happy when I got them , of course time to time it was frustrating but the happier I was when I got them all, I felt like I achieved something. Now I feel like playing a game for little children where I have to push “1” to win.

The patch was awesome but whats too much is too much!! Stop creating new Items and making the useless! Its an inflation that you cant see , If the would be tradable they would cost 3-6 cooper.

Just a flesh wound.3589

The game is giving me keys as I play and that’s using cheats and finishing the game in 10 seconds.

O.o

How did you reach that conclusion?

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

The game is giving me keys as I play and that’s using cheats and finishing the game in 10 seconds.

O.o

How did you reach that conclusion?

There’s no logic here, just back away, back away.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Ok, Now I get , you people just love junk items in your inventory. To delete them every 5 mins , best idea ever!

Yes I do if it means other players might be negatively affected and the solution to my problem is as minor as occasionally deleting 1-2 stacks of items.

Where is the fun in the game if everything is given to you? Do you really like using cheats in games and finish the game in 10 seconds?

I loved all the hot maps , now I hate them because of those junk items , and Yes for someone it isnt junk cause they need it for legendary , LIKe said I did nevermore and I loved the journey, but there is no fun when I do a legendary and all I need for it is GOLD , the sparks where fun to collect , I was happy when I got them , of course time to time it was frustrating but the happier I was when I got them all, I felt like I achieved something. Now I feel like playing a game for little children where I have to push “1” to win.

The patch was awesome but whats too much is too much!! Stop creating new Items and making the useless! Its an inflation that you cant see , If the would be tradable they would cost 3-6 cooper.

So essentially it’s not about the junk items but rather you despise that people now have an easier time than when you did the content. Okay, yes I agree. We should have all legenadries removed from game which were crafted beyond 3 months after launch. The only people who deserve their legendary are the ones who crafted them 30-90 days after GW2 release.

I’d rather have too many keys than too few.

Too many can be deleted. Too few and you have to skip opening up chests. I prefer to delete.

This.

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

Do not REDUCE DUST. Many players crafting all the auric weapons need copious amounts of dust to complete the collection. If you chose not to, or are complete, then they are worthless – to you.

That should not change for everyone.

I feel your pain on the inventory mgmt issue, but that can easily be addressed individually by the player making their own choices. For example … I delete oil, I may regret it later when i think i may need more stacks, but for now I delete oil. I need auric dust, so I am always scraping at the bottom of the barrel on that, and never seem to collect enough to make enough ingots – into a weapon. Only 4 in, and need another 10 or so weapons, which requires at least 10 ingots each, which means i need roughly what 30 dust per ingot, 300 more dust per weapon (3000 dust required still)

Please don’t reduce things that are already a grind to complete.

MaJoBooOM.4851

@hexinx thank you for the first good response. I totally understand you, but I think There could be an easy way where all could be happy , for example if we could merge 250 sparks/oil/dust to 1 ingot or smth alike.
Even dragonit , bloodstone dust and other ‘trash items’ cand be fused to smth bigger so that they dont take away space. So isnt it possible to fuse sparks/oil?

@Cyninja thank you for taking my words and rephrasing them so , so that they dont mean what they should.

P.s. my english isnt so good , but its nice to see people taking advantage of that and taking my words so that they will suit them

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

@hexinx thank you for the first good response. I totally understand you, but I think There could be an easy way where all could be happy , for example if we could merge 250 sparks/oil/dust to 1 ingot or smth alike.
Even dragonit , bloodstone dust and other ‘trash items’ can be fused to smth bigger so that they dont take away space. So isnt it possible to fuse sparks/oil?

Brilliant. Merging useless stacks into something of value to the player. I can support that. Similar to how you can convert useless currencies into ones the player needs (for example … airship parts -into→ aurrellium)

Good idea.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Even dragonit , bloodstone dust and other ‘trash items’ cand be fused to smth bigger so that they dont take away space. So isnt it possible to fuse sparks/oil?

@Cyninja thank you for taking my words and rephrasing them so , so that they dont mean what they should.

P.s. my english isnt so good , but its nice to see people taking advantage of that and taking my words so that they will suit them

Merging stuff is useful, if you’re going to use the merged items. If you’re not then you’re paying to merge and spending time at the crafting table merging items that you could simply be deleting.

It’s a fix for those like hexinx with a use for these items. It doesn’t sound like its a use for you or you wouldn’t be complaining about getting so much. So in your case, unless you’re planning to use the stuff later the answer is still delete it.

ANet may give it to you.

MaJoBooOM.4851

@just a flesh wound
There are items which when fused you can them dismantle and get the starter itema back.

Example : 250 sparks fused to 1 Ultra Spark
1 Ultra spark – double click to obtain 250 sparks.

Edit: and there could be recipes for Spark and Ultra Spark.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Or just trash the extras. Which is ultimately less work all around than some convoluted craptastic crafting solution.

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

I wish they would reduce the recipe books drops or remove them to a NPC somewhere. Those are annoying. As far as the oil I suggested in another thread that they make a airship memorial in LA to which players would offer up 250 oil to keep the flame burning in exchange for something once a day; maybe karma, a single ecto, obsidian shard, etc.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Guilds eat a lot of Auric Dust/Sparks. Please, don’t ask them to be made hard to get a gain. Some of us only have a handful of people willing to contribute to upgrades.

MaJoBooOM.4851

I dont ask them to be hard to gain , I ask them to be reasonable. I want our items/content to be balanced, not that we have on every second item an inflation. I get that some people really need them and I respect that, but some items are so unreasonable high gained that its insane. Like said crago keys, people complained here that they like how they drop so often but if they would be moved to the HoT map shop who ever needs them can buy them , and who has alrdy a lot doesnt has to bother having that feeling to have open them all. ( I cant relax while I have a key I just must use them but cant stop because as I use them I get 10 times more.)

And like said with Auric Dust/Spark a method to fuse them. I DONT ASK FOR NERFS!! I ASK FOR SOLUTION AND THERE ARE A LOT OF WAYS.

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

I don’t love the junk items, but I’ve gotten used to keeping a stack in my inventory of items that pile up to 250 quicker than is convenient to clear from my bank tab. In that case I just keep a stack in my bag and throw it out when it reaches 250. I can throw these stacks out when I’m not planning on being in a zone for awhile.

That’s hardly “deleting them every 5 minutes”. Perhaps not ideal, but hardly the issue you make it out to be. And I dislike your solution. I would rather have more crowbars than I need than not enough. I can always throw them out if I have more than 1 stack.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

As for the keys I have to ask. Do you expect to be playing these maps every day for the rest of your GW2 experience? It may seem like a silly question but there is something to it. Our home instances can get the chests to use keys on. So look at it this way. These extra keys you are getting are an investment for the future for when the next expansion comes and you are playing those maps instead. As you can still use those extra keys each day in your home instance. Better than nothing.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

As for the keys I have to ask. Do you expect to be playing these maps every day for the rest of your GW2 experience? It may seem like a silly question but there is something to it. Our home instances can get the chests to use keys on. So look at it this way. These extra keys you are getting are an investment for the future for when the next expansion comes and you are playing those maps instead. As you can still use those extra keys each day in your home instance. Better than nothing.

Exactly. I venture into the Heart of Thorns (and The Silverwastes) maps just to get keys to give to my alt that enters my Home Instance each day to open the various chests.

I would hope no nerfs to key acquisition happens.